shape
carat
color
clarity

The Beginng of My Journey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Update Time....

O.k. everyone....it''s T minus 10 days....yikes... Before moving this weekend, I finished up the SO''s/FF''s birthday shopping!

I got him his favorite sauce from BWW (Aka B-Dubz, BW3 or just Buffalo Wild Wings) He loves the Asian Zing sauce and since he cooks nothing but chicken, he''ll definitely use it a lot. Since the gift pack came with 2 other choices I got him a Parmesan Garlic and a Mild as well.

Then, my FINAL present, I got him a t-shirt and jeans to wear for the daytime portion of our day. (I am going to lay out his suit for dinner time ;-) ).

All I have to do is wrap up the scrapbook and wait until the 21st....I am so nervous it''s ridiculous
6.gif

Thanks all for following my thread....it''s not over yet so stay tuned for the juicy part...for now, i will leave you with some pics....

35.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Sauce Gift Pack from BWW....

special 084.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Daytime outfit from AE....

special 089.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
All of the b-day presents....Wrapped and together at last!!! Phew!
14.gif

special 085.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
This is awesome PrincessDijon! I think the gifts are very thoughtful! I too have been following your thread and am excited to see the final results. It''s great that you''re doing this as an EDU or instructional!

I love the TowelSpa, I think I am going to get it for FI for his birthday
36.gif
Thanks for the updates, I''ll be following along.

loverocks

Shiny_Rock
Hi PD! Everything is coming along.....you sound so excited - don''t let your nerves get to you. Can''t wait to see how it goes, you are so close now! Best wishes :)

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
this is so exciting!! i love the watch set you chose -- they''re so sleek! are you getting nervous??

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
... Your FFI is a very lucky man, i''m sure he will see what an effort you have gone to, to make his birthday such a special day

Best of luck!!!!!
36.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies, again, for the kind words....it''s getting SUPER close now. I just had a chat with his mom last night because she wanted to know what I had gotten him and what was still left on his gift list (there were only 2 items left...yikes...)

After I showed her the final pics that I posted on here, this is what she said....

"It looks more like Christmas than a Birthday...I think you are spoiling him!....I''m glad you told me that you got the towel warmer. I was looking, and they have it at Bed Bath and Beyond, and I was thinking about getting it for him. He always was a wimp about being cold when he got out of the swimming pool, etc.! I am going shopping this weekend and will get his presents sent early next week. I guess I''ll have to get them there by Friday since the Bday is on a Sunday. Thanks for the info and pics...."

Needless to say, FFI''s mother has been VERY supportive during this time, heck she won''t be meeting me for the first time until next month and she still treats me like family! ( I am also in the midst of a career change and am feeling a bit low lately...so this event it the "light at the end of my happiness tunnel and I am thrilled about it...Honestly, it''s been the only thing that has kept me positive about things....)

MY mother on the other hand thinks that I shouldn''t be "worrying about such nonsense until I get on my feet....." and that me talking about weddings and engagements is essentially a waste of time and energy. (This is why I haven''t discussed a whole lot with her. Although I am SUPER BROKE right now, I have been planning and stashing money for this since July and I really want to make it something special....

9.gif

I will keep updating!
35.gif

PD

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Well, ladies and gentlemen....

I have roughly 6 days and 10 hours until the 21st!!!

I just confirmed the details with the Melting Pot for our reservation and I finished up the proposal scrapbook last night!!!!

I won''t post pics of the scrapbook until after the proposal...

I may step out to go get him a new electric razor....i know I said I was "done" with his gifts but I now know what his mom got him and its the only gift that he kinda sort of NEEDED....his seriously isn''t holding a charge anymore....and with my luck it would probably die on proposal night while we are getting ready....lol

Emotion wise: I am getting excited but I am also a bit nervous....This is obviously a first for me...I also seem to be a bit on edge because of the whole thing not to mention that I am in the middle of a job change and moving in the same time frame....LOTS of changes going on. But my goal this week is just to go with the flow and RELAX!!!! Well, I am going to TRY to relax...easier said than done.....

Well, it''s back to unpacking boxes....I will check in later!
35.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no...I had a hiccup happen today!

I just called the pottery studio that we were gonna go to in lieu of the other one which won't re-open until the 27th and now I found a message that "Glaze Under Fire is now closed due to unforeseen circumstances...."

Now we have to wake up a bit earlier to go to the other one but at least there's one more place that is open on Sundays!!!!!

So it looks like we are now going to Clayhouse instead...I love last min. changes...lol

20.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Alright everyone.....5 days and 11 hours til the 21st.....

Yesterday while FF was at work I cleaned his room (well his old one that he never uses because we just stay in mine) and I finished unpacking all of our moving boxes out of there... I also needed more closet space in my newly *downsized* closet (I used to have a walk in at my apartment.

So, I set up his birthday presents for next Sunday in his room so that when we get back from the morning festivities, they will be ready to open...

Here''s a pic....
36.gif

bday 002.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it''s 4 days and 11 hours until the 21st....

Yesterday, I got the first of two boxes sent from his family for SO''s birthday. They helped me out in getting a pair of shoes that he wanted (which were the items that arrived yesterday). Then his mom just snt an email saying that she picked up a new electric razor for him (yippee I don''t have to do it now!)

That''s about the only update info I have for now....the wait til Sunday seems like ETERNITY!!!!!

6.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic of the package that came in the mail yesterday from his mom. I wrapped it all pretty to put with his other ones!

bday 014.jpg

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
oh my god!! that is a WILD number of presents!! his mom is right -- you are spoiling him!!
28.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Ah.. its getting close!

I am so excited for you! and I agree.. you are spoiling him!
3.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Alright all!

I have 3 days and 11 hours until his b-day/e-day!!!

It feels like an eternity!!!

I don''t know if it is nerves but I still keep wondering if he is actually going to be happy with it. (Yes, I am still going through with it...) But I am sure that traditional male proposers go through the same thoughts. It actually feels like such a vulnerable position to be in when you are the one doing the proposing. Us girls typically think "Well, what''s so hard about getting me a ring and popping the question...it''s not like I''ll say no....ect" Even if you are certain that the other party is going to accept your proposal, sometimes there''s that tiny nagging bit of anxiety that goes through your mind and the little voice of doubt chimes in....I am trying to tune that voice out but it''s hard.

Some days, I think "seize the day...it may be our last...." and other days I think "Will he think I am moving too fast?". Love is a very very strange thing indeed!

Well, I should try to keep myself distracted for the next 3 1/2 days....I am glad that this forum is here!!!
36.gif

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
You could throw in a flat screen tv for good measure ... :)
In any case, good luck! I am sure that everything will work out just fine!!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 1:10:15 PM
Author: rob09
You could throw in a flat screen tv for good measure ... :)

In any case, good luck! I am sure that everything will work out just fine!!!

Luckily for me he''s not in to TV!!! :D

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to stop by the thread for today and say.....

2 days, 13 hours, 47 mins!

Holy cow!!!!
6.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Super mini-update....

Got his parents other package via UPS today!

I unpacked it and put it with all of his others...its the oddball one since it was already wrapped! :D

Down to 2 days, 4.25 hours!!!

CRAZY!!!!!

One quick tweak I am thinking about is doing the brunch/breakfast thing before painting pottery and nix the light lunch idea.... any thoughts?

Ok I''m attaching a pic with this post of the "Leaning Tower of Presents" lol....

presents020.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Alright everyone! Countdown update for the day is at.....

1 day, 13 hours, 46 mins! (1 1/2 DAYS!!!! :D )

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!! i''ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 11:52:50 AM
Author: vita*dolce
YAY!! i''ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Thanks Vita*dolce! Extra good luck wishes never hurt anyone! I appreciate the thoughts!
36.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k. I can''t help myself....

1 DAY

6 HOURS

44 MINS

12.gif

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Wow PrincessD, you are in LOVE!!!

Just wanted to state the obvious. Good luck!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 6:02:02 PM
Author: Izzy03
Wow PrincessD, you are in LOVE!!!

Just wanted to state the obvious. Good luck!

Thanks izzy! I hope he sees the obvious on sunday as well!
9.gif

Thanks for the well-wishes!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k everyone...If you don''t know (I''m sure you''re sick of my babbling the last few days), I am about a day and a few hours out from the day I have been planning for about 2+ months (crazy).

I decided tonight to wrap up the scrapbook with the other "dinner" presents because there is no way humanly possible I can get them to the Melting Pot the day-of/Sunday morning since him and I will be doing stuff for his b-day portion all day. So, it looks like I am going to have to take his "birthday" presents with us to dinner...It will look a lil dorky for me to hold a bag of presents on the way to the table....lol...Maybe I will go out and get a gift bag to put them in so I don''t look ghetto with a Publix bag or something...lol...

So, here are some pix of the dinner presents. These ones are distinctive from the others with the dark blue center ribbon down each package.... :D

The ring will be going in my purse unwrapped.....
2.gif

For now, I leave you with a pic!

bday 022.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read this entire thread and all I can say is "Awww"! I wish you all the best on Sunday...you have put so much thought and planning into this. I am sure that it will be perfect!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 9:11:34 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
I just read this entire thread and all I can say is ''Awww''! I wish you all the best on Sunday...you have put so much thought and planning into this. I am sure that it will be perfect!

Thanks Diamond*Dana for the well wishes!!!! I am crossing my fingers for perfection but my mind is racing a mile a minute going over how I will actually present the ring, ect....crazy details us ladies don''t think about normally....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results