shape
carat
color
clarity

The Beginng of My Journey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loverocks

Shiny_Rock
I have been lurking on this thread for a while, I love that you are proposing!
I like the watch, it will be a great momento. About your timing for dinner/popping the question....
I like the idea of doing it after dinner but before dessert comes. I think you could tell the restaurant before hand that it is a birthday and you want to open presents before dessert and you really need about 15-20 mins ALONE after the dinner is cleared. I don''t think they will find this odd and it will keep them from hovering over you.
The plus with this as I see it too is that it is near the end of the evening. You will both be so happy and excited and giddy that you won''t want to sit still. Also, you could go home soon and really celebrate
31.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 2:42:30 PM
Author: loverocks
I have been lurking on this thread for a while, I love that you are proposing!
I like the watch, it will be a great momento. About your timing for dinner/popping the question....
I like the idea of doing it after dinner but before dessert comes. I think you could tell the restaurant before hand that it is a birthday and you want to open presents before dessert and you really need about 15-20 mins ALONE after the dinner is cleared. I don''t think they will find this odd and it will keep them from hovering over you.
The plus with this as I see it too is that it is near the end of the evening. You will both be so happy and excited and giddy that you won''t want to sit still. Also, you could go home soon and really celebrate
31.gif
Thanks for coming out of "thread lurkdom" I appreciate the kind words....

I just got the watch today and it is beautiful! (It looks awesome in person) I am actually purchasing the ladies version as well so that we can wear our "his and hers" engagement watches. I feel better about buying a watch than a matching ring for myself (personally I think it''s awkward to even buy a "space filler" ring for myself.) Afterall, I don''t want him to feel like I have "invaded" his territory on the ring finger since he still wants to get me an e-ring as well. (It''s just a wee bit more expensive than his and he needs time to save a bit).

I will post pics in a few of the IRL photos of his watch (my camera kind of sucks though as it is one of those point-and -shoot digi cams)

Thanks to all for following my posts!

loverocks

Shiny_Rock
Hi PD - your date is getting close....you must be excited!!!!
I love the idea of matching watches! Very nice. I too would feel a little weird about getting a ring for myself in your particular circumstances. But - it never hurts to look around so you can have some ideas to give to him.
Hope all is going well :)

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 10:30:07 AM
Hi PD - your date is getting close....you must be excited!!!!
I love the idea of matching watches! Very nice. I too would feel a little weird about getting a ring for myself in your particular circumstances. But - it never hurts to look around so you can have some ideas to give to him.
Hope all is going well :)
Lol, I''ve dropped hints forever...he knows exactly what I am looking for in an e-ring....

I am excited though...

Only 25 days, 13 hours, 9 mins ...not that I am counting....lol....I''m a nerd....

My watch isn''t here yet but when I get it, I will take pics for sure!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k. I realized that I never posted "real life" pics of his watch...So, here they are...My camera sucks once again....but here is a general idea....

I changed the watch box to a smaller plain one so that it fits in my purse better as opposed to the large bulky watch box that it came with...

So here we go, more pics!

special 028.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
On my wrist to try to get a better angle....

special 030.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
One more face pic....

special 032.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
And the b-day presents made progress!

special 044.jpg

cdndman

Rough_Rock
Wow.. not much a watch person myself... however I really like that watch!

loverocks

Shiny_Rock
Nice watch! I love your picture of all the presents (it keeps growing)! It makes me excited and it is not even my birthday, LOL!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 1:17:38 PM
Author: cdndman
Wow.. not much a watch person myself... however I really like that watch!
Thanks...he''s not much of a "watch person" but he does have a couple that he wears out. I think he will really like this one!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 2:53:08 PM
Nice watch! I love your picture of all the presents (it keeps growing)! It makes me excited and it is not even my birthday, LOL!
Thanks! It''s exciting to watch the pictures change over the weeks....I keep his parents updated with emails and pics as well because they are "in the know" on this whole thing....I''m really excited!!! yay!

I keep doing test runs by giving him the hot sauce packets at Taco Bell that say "Will you marry me?" on them. He says yes everytime...lol....but IMHO that doesn''t count as the "real" proposal....It does give me consolation for when I do the "real thing"
9.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Alrightey Ladies and Gents....It's update time....

T minus 20 DAYS!!!! HOLY COW!
23.gif

Today was the first day FF had to work and I didn't so I was able to do some more "secret" stuff.

New stuff up to date....

*I finally got my version of the watch...Now we have "his" and "hers" engagement watches! YIPPEE!

*Today I went and got the watches sized (everyone knows that it sucks when you open a new watch and can't wear it because it's WAYYYYY too loose..) So, I had one of his Fossils with me for sizing reference (it also needed a new battery...he's let it go a year without one...grrrrrr....) So, I got both of our watches sized and a new battery for his Fossil.

*While I was waiting for my watches to be fixed, I was in the mall and walked in to Brookstone. I found two "OMG gotta have it!" presents for him but, unfortunately, I am a bit short on money this week (gotta love rent week!!!). So, I just got him one of the two items...He had been wanting a tie rack for his ties (he's been keeping them on hangers) so I found a motorized/battery operated one for 29.99 on sale! (usually 60.00!!!)

***The other item that I still want to get him is the Towel Spa towel warmer (about 80.00) but he always makes me put his towels in the dryer every morning to warm them up (ad yes we live in FL.....) but he always thinks that no one has come out with it yet, so i want to surprise him with it.....maybe next week....lol...***

*Then I had some spare time to kill so I remembered that I still hadn't purchased our "First date" movie on DVD yet so, I went and picked up National Treasure 2. (That movie brought us together.....awwwww.......) So, it was an essential proposal gift!

So, I will be attaching the next few replies to this thread with more pics....

Thanks for staying tuned!
9.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
They are together (before cleaning...after sizing) YIPPEE!!!!

special 051.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Crappy photo with flash...watches are difficult to photograph well...grrrrrr....

special 054.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
My bargain birthday present for the day!

special 059.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
the front of the box!

special 060.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
The movie that made "us" happen. This was the movie we saw on our first date!

special.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
This is his Fossil (finally in operation after 1 year + of being dead)

special 056.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
One more closeup of his Fossil watch that I brought back to life...He''ll get this back tonight after work so he''s not suspicious as to where his watch disappeared to....lol

special 057.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
PrincessDijon, I just discovered this thread, and I just LOVE all the work you have put into this proposal. It''s so great to hear about a woman proposing, and I think you are planning an incredible proposal. Reading all about it has me excited!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 2:34:34 AM
Author: kittybean
PrincessDijon, I just discovered this thread, and I just LOVE all the work you have put into this proposal. It''s so great to hear about a woman proposing, and I think you are planning an incredible proposal. Reading all about it has me excited!

Thanks...

I have 14 days left and now it''s starting to "hit me"... I actually am getting all of those nerves/excited butterflies in my stomach. I am 99.9 percent sure he''ll say "yes" since we have talked about everything extensively but there''s always that "what if..." that goes through your mind....

I will keep everyone posted...it''s pretty much just a matter of waiting now.
10.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k. everyone I have about 13 days left (and a few hours) to go....

I just FINALLY finished up his birthday present shopping today...

I got him his craftsman tape measure that he wanted (and asked for) a few weeks ago...I found this one on sale at Sears for 9.99 (reg. 14.99) plus they gave me the "Craftsman Club" discount bringing it to 8.99! Woo hoo!

Then I went to Brookstone to FINALLY get him his Towel Spa. They usually retail for 80.00 in the box but the sales associate gave me 25 percent off of a brand new one with the owners manual and cords still wrapped up so it just basically didn''t have a box.....Not bad at all! The store even tested it with me and it works perfectly!

Oh and if it matters, I had to pick up 4 D batteries for his "Automated" tie rack... I almost forgot...I haven''t bought D batteries in FOREVER and it was like 6 bucks for for of them...crazy!

The good part is that I was able to get him what he wanted at nice prices!!! :D ( That means more money for the BIG day coming up...)

Stay tuned for more small updates in the next 2 weeks....
36.gif

special 082.jpg

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Princess I''m getting so excited for you!!!
You''ve done such a wonderful job planning I''m sure everything will just go off perfectly!!
36.gif
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I just read through your entire proposal planning thread! It looks like things have really come along since I originally read that you would be proposing to your boyfriend. I am excited to see that the timeline has moved up and that it will only be a matter of a week or so before you''re engaged!

The ring box is amazing. I have a few wooden items from NZ myself and the craftsmanship there is excellent. I think that is a lovely touch.

I almost bought that same watch for my boyfriend for our one year anniversary recently! I ended up getting him a Movado instead. I managed to find one of their older designs (even though they all pretty much look the same to me) online for less than 1/2 price. He adores it but that ESQ would be on his wrist if I hadn''t found the Movado.

I think that your plan for the day is really wonderful. You seem to have incorporated a lot of interesting and fun things to do. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Melting Pot. That place is so decadent and delicious. It will surely make your big day that much more memorable.

Good luck with the last of your details! I can''t wait to see pics and hear about things went after it all happens!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the support and well wishes....I have 11 more days and I just spent two days moving in to his house from my apartment....and quite frankly I've been a bit too sore to post much of anything....but I will be back with a wrap up update before the BIG day...yippeeeee!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
PrincessDijon, I have been following your thread and I have to say, your BF is the luckiest guy in the world!!!!!! Your entire proposal/birthday plan is so thoughtful and well planned out. Plus, he''s totally getting spooooooiled!!!! I can''t wait to hear about the big day!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 8:54:42 AM
Author: sammyj
PrincessDijon, I have been following your thread and I have to say, your BF is the luckiest guy in the world!!!!!! Your entire proposal/birthday plan is so thoughtful and well planned out. Plus, he''s totally getting spooooooiled!!!! I can''t wait to hear about the big day!

Sammyj-
Thanks for the comments....I dunno if he''s the LUCKIEST guy ever...he sure goes through some hell being with me sometimes but, I hope that he sincerely enjoys this day...Some days I feel like I am not doing "enough" or I read another proposal story and think "Dang, I should have planned that..." but everytime I think that I have to tell myself that I am catering to HIS tastes, not mine...lol.

I honestly owe him the world...he''s been the greatest to me and is sticking by me during the tough times without complaining. So,I am crossing my fingers and hope this works out as planned ( I do have "plan b" just in case a detail doesn''t go off as planned)

Thanks for following...
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results