Small

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
I think the lockes setting is my favorite now...its just so classic and elegant. Congrats on your engagement
36.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Wifey2be, Brightspot and Small!

I''m starting to clean my ring in the ultrasonic but I noticed waterspots the other day and I even used the blowdryer.
8.gif
any suggestions?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 11:43:33 PM
Author: diamondlove
Sunkist, yours will look amazing and with your photo skills we''ll be getting some gorgeous shots I know.
1.gif

I am still mesmerized by my ring but everyone keeps asking for the wedding date and it''s forcing me to give wedding planning some thoughts but VERY slowly.

I was at Fry''s today and the lighting there was TERRIFIC haha - it''s probably comparable to what people say about the Home Depot lighting. One thing about the Locke''s setting that I noticed is that it makes the diamond look somewhat pillowy (almost cushion like) -- very interesting and of course I love it. I''m just not sure how the setting gives that effect so I''ll keep staring at it til I figure it out. The reason I can tell is because the stone didn''t look so pillowy (it''s the word that comes to mind) when it was in that temporary setting clasp so I know it''s not the stone. A bonus I didn''t expect.

Diamondlove

DL, I can''t wait to be able to take pics of my ring
9.gif
I will have to be a little stealth about it though, cause now I''m living back at home with my family and they''ll think I''m totally wacko to take crazy pictures like that! I guess I''ll have to take them when I''m visiting Cliff, he already knows about my plethera of diamond pics and he already knows I''m crazy like that
3.gif
When do you get your new camera??? Start planning photo shoot sessions now!
9.gif

That''s so interesting what you say about the "pillowy effect". I will look for it and let you know if I see it too.

DL, did your fiance tell you how many weeks or days it actually took Lockes to make your ring?
37.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SK, they are telling me 3 weeks from the date they receive the diamond.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 9:58:51 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Ya, I''ve heard from 2 to 3 to 4 weeks. I was just wondering what it actually was. Well, at least I know my wait time has actually started.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 9:58:51 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Wait a second!!! So did you decide on the Lockes!!?

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Sunkist,

Technically it took 2 - 2.5 weeks for them to make the setting but the diamond was sent right before their ''summer break'' or whatever it is when the jewelers take a week or so off at the end of July so that caused an extra week delay.

Do you know when your BF will be proposing?
36.gif

DL

DS,

Did you decide on the Lockes setting? If not, which one did you decide on?!

Diamonlove

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Wow! 2.5 weeks??? I hope they have the same turn around for us. Too bad they made you wait an extra week while they took vacation, although I know we all need it
2.gif
I don''t know when my boy is proposing, or how he''s proposing. He has been thinking about how he''s going to propose though and I think he even told me thought of a great way! So I wonder if he actually has a "plan"...??? But like I said before the clock is already ticking for us, we already reserved our time for the wedding ceremony on Nov.25. So he can''t wait anymore
2.gif

Hey, DL, did you want to share your proposal story?
1.gif
If it''s personal, don''t feel pressured. I just wondered. Aaaannnd we''re still keeping an open eye out for new ring pics
4.gif
haha!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Sunkist,

Wow-- so you are getting married THIS november? very exciting. you''ve been planning your wedding I assume?

As far as the proposal-- no, I haven''t posted the story because it''s kind of long and I didn''t want to do it injustice by giving a brief sentence version =). Perhaps one of these days I''ll sit down and write it out.

I''ve started to play with the new DSLR but it''s harder to take macro photos with those things than a simple point & shoot camera! You''ll see, I''ll post a few of my first tries (they are bad).

Diamondlove

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
here goes my first batch of not so great photos on the new camera
40.gif

If anyone has suggestions on diamond photos with DSLRS-- I welcome all advice!

canon1.jpg

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I actually like this one...

canon3.jpg

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
another attempt at a handshot

canon4.jpg

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! That is a killer stone!

I''m new to the site, so I''m not familiar with the "Locke" setting, but is very beautiful.

Enjoy your engagement and your ring!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 9:10:10 PM
Thanks Wifey2be, Brightspot and Small!

I''m starting to clean my ring in the ultrasonic but I noticed waterspots the other day and I even used the blowdryer.
8.gif
any suggestions?
This is by far the best home-cleaning I''ve ever found:

Warm a 50/50 mixture of ammonia and water in a old pot that you never plan to use again (do not boil as it will make a messs), once the solution is warm, pour it into a small bowl with your ring. Using a baby brush, clean all around the stone and gallery. Let the ring sit in the solution for about 30 minutes until it is completely cool. Remove the ring and dry off with white tissue paper (the kind used in gift wrap). It will sparkle like new and be spot-free!!

BTW, I see what you mean about the "pillowy" effect. There are not sharp edges on the setting, everything is rounded off, even the prongs. That makes the metal just look so soft and buttery! Lovely, lovely!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondlove -- it''s huge, gorgeous, and classic!!! My 3 favorite traits in an e-ring!!!
9.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2006 2:09:53 PM
Sunkist,

Wow-- so you are getting married THIS november? very exciting. you''ve been planning your wedding I assume?

As far as the proposal-- no, I haven''t posted the story because it''s kind of long and I didn''t want to do it injustice by giving a brief sentence version =). Perhaps one of these days I''ll sit down and write it out.

I''ve started to play with the new DSLR but it''s harder to take macro photos with those things than a simple point & shoot camera! You''ll see, I''ll post a few of my first tries (they are bad).

Diamondlove

Hey pictures!
36.gif
Very nice
1.gif
What''s a DSLRS camera?? I have no idea. Ya, we''re getting married this November, and no.... I haven''t really been planning for it. I mean, I''ve been thinking about it! I have lots of ideas and basically know how everything is goign to be. It''s all under control though
2.gif
I feel wierd doing actual wedding planning stuff before he''s even proposed though... The biggest thing now is getting a wedding dress, so maybe I''ll do that before he gets around to asking!

I''m still so happy for you that you''ve got that gorgeous ring on your finger! Your rock really does look huge and beautiful
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
simply stunning!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 1:41:09 AM
Author: sunkist
What''s a DSLRS camera??

hehe, never mind on the camera thing... I got it
2.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
it''s so pretty! congratulations!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
THANK YOU Kristydarling, Kcoursolle and Robbie3982!

I''m still enjoying the ring but work''s been so busy I haven''t had a chance to take some more photos with the new camera.
Wedding planning is starting to take over as well
8.gif
fun but hectic. I didn''t realize how quickly venues get booked these days!

DS2006, I haven''t been on PS as much lately so I don''t know if I''ve missed a thread but (in case you see this) have you decided on a setting?!

DL

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hey DL, I think DS is leaning towards the Lockes! At least that what she said last. I think she''s still easily persuadable right now though... I wonder what she''ll get!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh! also DL, you said you''ve been cleaning your ring in an UltraSonic? Are you still doing that? I''ve been wondering for a while if it would be safe with the surprise diamonds in there. I guess you think it is since you''ve been using it
1.gif
I just wanted to double check with what you thought!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
hi Sunkist!

I think only people with pave tend to have issues with the diamonds loosening. The surprise diamonds seem to be in there quite securely (they are prong set I think?). Either way I figured I''d like to know if they are loose NOW and have Locke''s address the issue than sometime later.

I''ve put them into the US twice now and it''s been fine so far. HTH! Are you getting an ultrasonic? I like it I think but it just seems like I have to wash it with a soft brush afterwards still to get the residue off.

1.gif

Diamondlove

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
DS2006 (if you see this) and Sunkist,

Just wanted to share that I went and tried on a few wedding bands at BB&B the other day with my e-ring and there is that slight gap with the Locke''s setting but not wide at all. I actually think I like the slight gap between rings after looking through the Celebrity Ring thread-- most on there aren''t matchy and it looked stylish in its own interesting way.

It was really hard to get a very good idea of the look because all the w-rings are way too big on me (really really loose) so it was hard keeping them on and close up and not easy to tell just how close the ring can actually sit to the ering.

However, the setting seemed to look nice with eternity bands! I am primarily wanting a w-ring that is substantial (and blingy) enough to wear on its own so I am on the search for a two row eternity band. I''ve posted a thread on Rocky Talky regarding my search so throw any suggestions over there.

Diamondlove

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Oh my GOODNESS that is a beautiful ring! You are a great photographer too. Can''t believe I missed it the first time around!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much Gailrmv for your sweet words!

DL

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
for anyone who is interested, here is another photo provided by Locke's showing the setting & the matching wedding band.

ETA: I attached a normal JPG that Locke's sent me showing the signature setting with the matching wedding band but for some reason it's not showing up with the post. Not sure why it's not posting...?

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I finally got a chance to play around with the new camera some more so here are a few photos... I warned you guys that I''d get obnoxious with the new camera
2.gif

DL

LockesDL1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results