shape
carat
color
clarity

Split shank settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
So I''ve decided that the most important aspect of the ring I''d like to create is that it have split shank setting. From there I will search for a stone I suppose. Not sure if this is backwards? I was hoping some of you could post some split shanks settings or websites for good options. I''m having a hard time digging up setting options. Especially hard finding websites that list the prices. I''ve read a bit on here about ebay options, but I was hoping for some regular vendor options. The shape of the center stone isn''t important. I will know the setting when I see it. :) There''s a LOGR setting that I love but I''m a bit nervous about going that route, so I want to explore some other options.

Thanks!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Can you post a pic of the LOGR that you like? It may be easier to narrow it down from there. :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple from Knox Jewelers..........#1

cmknox01.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cmknox02.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Do you want split shank with pave and/or other melee, or plain?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post a pic of the LOGR in question because split shanks can come in many designs. That way we can help you better, or someone can comment on that LOGR if they have it.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I replied to your post on my thread yesterday but it didn''t go through and I was too lazy to re-write. I love that setting I received from eBay. It is so delicate and the workmanship is wonderful (better than the auction photo). I much prefer it to my e-ring - I am actually going to use that setting to show the jeweler what I want my ering to be like. The gold seems a little light but it is acceptable. The diamonds are so sparkly and white! She had the setting custom made because my fingers were so small - I am not sure if that resulted in better quality. I have no regrets buying it.

What is the approximate budget for your setting? That will help us narrow it down.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them too!!
2.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Catmom - I love the 2nd one you posted. I''m off to see if I can find the site.

I don''t have a preference for side diamonds. Most of the settings I have seen have them. I haven''t really seen any without. I don''t have to have a halo though. That doesn''t matter to me. I have a pave ring that I bought before I found PS. Haven''t had any probs with it. So I guess I''m ok with Pave. If I go with sides stones I want them to be sparkly of course. No "frozen spit" as you all put it. :)

I like the setting CharmyPoo just got: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/excited-just-won-a-new-setting-on-ebay.103277/

I like the setting Mochi got: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-logr-project.103549/

And I like the looks of this thought I agree that Mochi''s is better. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-this-logr-setting.104183/

I don''t know the price range yet. I''d like to find a stone for not more than a few hundred bucks. Mostly since this is my first project. So I''m thinking learning curve here. I don''t want my setting to be crazy expensive to hold a stone of that price. Does that make sense? But I also like quality stuff, so I will pay for known quality. I hope I''m not doing this backwards. Should I be getting the stone first? Yikes.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Catmom - can you post links to yours? Are they the complete ring? Cause I can''t seem to find settings only. Unless I''m on the wrong site.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I agree the split shanks are gorgeous. I especially love the delicate ones. Good luck on your search
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 6:19:39 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
Catmom - can you post links to yours? Are they the complete ring? Cause I can''t seem to find settings only. Unless I''m on the wrong site.
knox jewellers

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
My split shank without side stones

laineys_princess_split.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting that AJ. Hoofbeats, I think you can get just the setting if you call them but I could be wrong. They might be able to source a stone for you as well. Brian is a nice guy.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a gorgeous split shank--don''t know who made this, but the proportions are lovely.

cushionsplitshank4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results