shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege + Daniel K + Tsavorite = Pictures Inside!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pokey

Rough_Rock
NOTE: I posted this in the Colored Stones forum as well, but since I''d posted threads over the course of the process here as well, I figured I should put it up over here too. [I don''t know if this is a violent flouting of Pricescope protocol, but it was suggested by a poster over in Colored Stones so I''m hoping it''s ok]

For those of you who have been following my engagement ring saga with bated breath for the last four months, it has finally come to a close. To catch up those who have not, my girlfriend expressed a desire for a green center stone and then sent me off on my own. With the help of everyone here at Pricescope, without whom I would still be wandering around Zales with a green Sharpie, I''ve managed to come up with something that I think is pretty special.

I had originally been leaning towards a concave cut gemstone, but after seeing a number of tourmalines and tsavorites, I decided that while the faceting was, obviously, magical and otherworldly, it was at the expense of sparkliness. After comparing concave cut stones with a cushion cut 2.39 carat tsavorite that Leon Mege showed me, I decided to go with Leon''s cushion instead of the concave faceted stones. Setting-wise, I fell in love with Danel K''s Union Square setting and I was wisely steered away from buying direct from the designer and instead going with a custom replica from Leon. Since it was Leon, I had to expand the pave from just the top of the ring on the Daniel K to three sides (four if you count the split shank) and all the way to 5:00 and 7:00 on the band, rather than stopping halfway. And obviously he added the famous Leon double prongs.

I would be remiss if I didn''t thank those who went out of their way to advise me on every aspect of this purchase over the last few months: Valeria101 who appears to know literally everything about everything; MINE, who went above and beyond in answering my questions about concave faceting; and especially velouriaL, whose gorgeous gorgeous tourmaline solitaire singlehandedly convinced me that a green engagement ring could be stunning. And to all of you who have colored engagement rings and love them, I am exceptionally proud to have my soon-to-be-fiancee join your ranks.

Pictures to follow:

Pokey

Rough_Rock

2111-A1.JPG

Pokey

Rough_Rock

2111-B1.JPG

Pokey

Rough_Rock

2111-C1.JPG

Pokey

Rough_Rock

2111-D1.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my god...please marry me. I cook, I clean...I, I, I...uh, will do whatever it takes!

STUNNING!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummo!!! It''s drop dead gorgeous, she''ll flip when she sees it. Great job!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It bears repeating....YUMMO!!!!! That ring is divine in every way. Just divine. From the tsavorite garnet all the way to that diamond encrusted split shank. Just perfection.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Incredible...it''s just gorgeous. you did a wonderful Job and Leon, we''ll he''s Leon
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
*still thinking of offers I can make...*

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Uhhh, you''ve got to be kidding me....that is so impossibly beautiful I cannot believe it!!!!!!! Holy moly!!!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Kay

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that ring is amazing! That cushion cut tsavorite is stunning, and the split shank and double claw prongs are just gorgeous. What an incredible combination (and what a lucky girl)!

Don''t be surprised if you don''t hear "yes" right away when you propose, because your fiancee may be rendered speechless.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Wow! That is one gorgeous creation!
Very Well Done!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
omigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigod
omigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigod
omigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigod

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.gif
3.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
10.gif
10.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Your fiancee is going to FLIP!!!!! It''s so beautiful I can''t even find words. Very nice job!!!

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
ooooh, very pretty!
definitely very nice ring in a very nice setting. where does the tsavorite hail from?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 8:13:23 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Uhhh, you''ve got to be kidding me....that is so impossibly beautiful I cannot believe it!!!!!!! Holy moly!!!
30.gif

Ditto!

Also ...

My. New. Favorite.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My heart stopped.

OMFG!!!!!!

THAT IS THE MOST AMAZING STUNNING FABULOUS tsavorite ring I have seen.

WOW!!!!!!

FABULOUS, FANTASTIC JOB!!!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Pokey, the ring turned out beautifully. It''s beauty is beyond words. The tourmaline is exquisite. Your fiance will love it for sure. An early congrats to you and your honey!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - she will never know how lucky she is to have gone for an almost ring from Zales to this fabulous creation!

It is stunning - it is sure to blow her away - congrats on such a fine job!

Pokey

Rough_Rock
I can only hope that she receives it as well as you all have. Everyone here has been so supportive and indulgent throughout this whole process that it means a lot that you guys like the finished product.

decodelighted: Are you kidding me? Yours is one of my favorites!
TravelingGal: That''s a pretty tempting offer - my girlfriend does neither. But I''m afraid that this ring comes with a terrible curse - you have to put up with me for the next sixty-odd years.
londonblue: Honestly, I don''t know where the tsavorite hails from, other than the corner of 47th St. and 5th Avenue. I''ll ask Leon when I pick up the ring tomorrow.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 8:35:01 PM
Author: Pokey
TravelingGal: That''s a pretty tempting offer - my girlfriend does neither. But I''m afraid that this ring comes with a terrible curse - you have to put up with me for the next sixty-odd years.
That''s OK...you haven''t met my fiance!
9.gif

And judging by the effort you put into this, she is a very lucky lady...curse or not.
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s AMAZING!!! What a luck lady!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
WOWWOWWOWWOWWOW!!!!

It''s GOOOOOORGEOUS! She is going to seriously FLIP OUT when she sees it!!! Man oh man, you have outdone yourself. Fantastic!!! Good luck with the proposal! :)

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
We''ve had quite a few colored stones rings here lately, and I love the green in yours!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2006 8:16:58 PM
Author: blueroses
omigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigod

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.gif
3.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
10.gif
10.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
dittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittoditto

i would kill for that tsav

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, this is a gorgeous ring, one of my favorites on pricescope so far!!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW!
6.gif
It''s just gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Cannot WAIT to see it on her hand!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring!! The green is so stunning especially against all the beautiful melee sparkles. congrats!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That ring is to die for!!! I love the green center stone, contrasting with the white diamonds, and Leon''s work is amazing!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results