shape
carat
color
clarity

Another LOGR project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
This setting is very cute. The diamonds on the halo is pretty good size and no gray noted. The diamonds on the shanks are round (I did loupe it) but considerably smaller, no grays. Over all, I am very pleased.

SSCN2075.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It is very sparkly.

SSCN2074.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

SSCN2071.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

SSCN2072.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Side ways

SSCN2073.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I will try to get Dan''s plum spinel mounted on this setting. It may be too big...

SSCN2069.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Mochi,
I see you got your "spider" setting. Very nice!!! I think your stone will fit just fine.

mochi

Ideal_Rock

SSCN2070.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Side view with stone

SSCN2068.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! That''s so pretty!!! What size is your stone?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
TL... I showed the picture of the ring to my co-workers and one of them also said it looked like a spider, LOL! I''ll be taking this ring along with the round/halo/bezel ring for the pink tourmaline.

This jeweller is so awsome.... I was speaking with one of the doctors'' at work and was just telling him about the jeweller and the MD went and bought his wife a anniversary gift. Next thing I know my jeweller calls and tells me to come in and pick up a $200 certificate as a thank you. I was just floored! He is just great!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Karee. That stone is 1.30, 6.5mm. The setting is made to fit a 6mm stone, so I''m really pushing it.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like this setting! Did you upgrade the diamonds or no? It looks lovely with the spinel if it would fit.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Nope, no upgrading. I want to upgrade one of the settings just to see if there is a difference, but I'd be totally upset if I didn't see any and I paid more money for it.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
That ring is going to be stunning with that plummy spinel! I''d love to have a red one someday
3.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! That looks gorgeous and I think the Spinel will sit very nicely in the setting.

Can''t wait to see it finished now (and what a lovely person your jeweller must be).

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting that setting. I''ve been eyeing several of the LOGR settings, and it''s always great to get a second look (even better through a fellow PSer''s eyes - I think we''re more particular). Are the diamonds H/SI, and did your jeweler agree with that quality? Your spinel looks so lovely in that setting; I''m keeping my fingers crossed that it can be set the way you like. Can''t wait to see pics when it''s finished.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had such good luck as you and others have had with the LOGR settings!! It is lovely and the diamonds look nice! The stone seems like it fits beautifully too!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice of your jeweler to give you a thank you for the referral! I like the "spider" setting too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely setting and the stone will be gorgeous in that ring.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that mochi, your spinel will look gorgeous in that setting.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Mochi - that setting is gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
I think the plum spinel would look spectacular in it. Did you get the diamonds upgraded to VS?

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really really really like that setting Mochi! I've been tempted to purchase it a few times
3.gif

Do you think your stone will fit? I have just purchased a tourmaline fron Dan, it's 6.44 mm and was wondering wether it would fit in that setting or not...

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, ladies, for your compliments! I did take the setting and the spinel to my jeweller and he did say the gemstone is a bit large but he thinks he can work it in. He than showed me some of his stones in the setting and I''m at a delima. Not sure if I want the plum spinel in the setting. So I have this project on hold.
33.gif

I didn''t upgrade on the diamonds. I was surprised on how large the diamonds are on the halo and how they sparkle. I wonder if the diamonds would be larger on the shanks if I did upgrad.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 10:20:12 PM
Author: mochi
TL... I showed the picture of the ring to my co-workers and one of them also said it looked like a spider, LOL! I''ll be taking this ring along with the round/halo/bezel ring for the pink tourmaline.

This jeweller is so awsome.... I was speaking with one of the doctors'' at work and was just telling him about the jeweller and the MD went and bought his wife a anniversary gift. Next thing I know my jeweller calls and tells me to come in and pick up a $200 certificate as a thank you. I was just floored! He is just great!!
Woo hoo!

I love the ring! LOGR has some intersting settings!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2009 9:32:50 AM
Author: mochi
Thank you so much, ladies, for your compliments! I did take the setting and the spinel to my jeweller and he did say the gemstone is a bit large but he thinks he can work it in. He than showed me some of his stones in the setting and I'm at a delima. Not sure if I want the plum spinel in the setting. So I have this project on hold.
33.gif

I didn't upgrade on the diamonds. I was surprised on how large the diamonds are on the halo and how they sparkle. I wonder if the diamonds would be larger on the shanks if I did upgrad.
I don't think they would be larger on the shank if you upgraded, but they might be full cut stones. My legacy has SI stones, and they sparkle, but when louping them in comparison to another legacy I ordered with upgraded diamonds, the upgrded diamonds were fully cut, and the SI stones were not.

Although the SI stones are nice for the most part as many people have attested to, I do notice a difference between the VS and SI stones, and now I'm always upgrading because I think the VS stones make the setting look of higher quality IMO.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
mochi - is it rude to ask what you paid for this setting? I''m very interested in creating something with this setting. I''m hesitant to do my first ring with LOGR. But I really like this setting! I''m starting to watch the prices of it on ebay. I''m confused - what are the diamonds on the shank? If they are not full cut then what are they? I''m not sure I understand. What other stones are you considering? Also where is LOGR located? I''m just wondering if I bought something and returned it where would I have to ship it to? TIA

mochi

Ideal_Rock
http://myworld.ebay.com/lord_of_gem_rings/

I paid less than 240 for this particular setting. This was an auction starting at 0.99, I believe. Pay me now price is over 400.

I have never sent an LOGR setting back, so I'm not sure where it would be sent and how easy it is. I believe others will be able to answer this.

The diamonds on the shank is round but tiny. My loupe is not strong enough to fully see if it's cut well, but it does sparkle, so I'm ok with it.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh. . . less than 240! I''d totally do that. But the buy it now price is a little steep for me giving the mixed reviews on LOGR''s stuff. I wonder if you could upgrade just the shank and not the halo? Would that look bad?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2009 10:19:35 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
mochi - is it rude to ask what you paid for this setting? I''m very interested in creating something with this setting. I''m hesitant to do my first ring with LOGR. But I really like this setting! I''m starting to watch the prices of it on ebay. I''m confused - what are the diamonds on the shank? If they are not full cut then what are they? I''m not sure I understand. What other stones are you considering? Also where is LOGR located? I''m just wondering if I bought something and returned it where would I have to ship it to? TIA
The below picture is that of single cut diamonds. Full cut diamonds are just like it sounds, like the full cut diamond with all the facets of a round brilliant cut. The issue with single cut diamonds is that they don''t tend to sparkle as much as full cuts, although they do have some sparkle. It becomes a bigger issue with pave and that sort of thing.

http://www.georgianjewelry.com/system/content_images/SingleCutDiaSm.jpg

http://www.georgianjewelry.com/system/content_images/SingleCutDiaSm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results