shape
carat
color
clarity

Excited - Just won a new setting on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I just bought a setting on eBay that I think is rather pretty and unique. It is 18K white gold (3.42g) with 46 (0.36 ct) G-H SI1-2 diamonds. It cost a lot more than the china sellers but it looks well made to me. Best of all is that the seller is ordering the ring in my size free of charge! It has always been difficult for me to get rings that fit. I haven't decided what to set in it yet.

On a side note, I won two settings from LOGR for $60-$80 a few months back. He won't honour the auctions and I never received my settings.

70e8_12.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charmy, that sucks about LOGR! Did you report him to ebay as a non-performing seller?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
One more photo. Not the best photos.

71af_12.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Charmypoo

That setting is very pretty and unique as you mentioned. Can't wait for you to get it. Do you have a stone in mind?

That really stinks that LOGR didn't send you your rings. Did you report them?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting CharmyPoo. I think it''s very elegant. Please post pictures when you get it. I''m sorry about the LOGR auctions, that stinks!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have two 7 mm stones that will fit. One is the reddish/pink tourmaline from the vallejo seller (the one I didn''t really like because of the super fancy cut). The other option is a purple spinel that hasn''t arrived yet. I have a lot of really nice cushions so I need to get a Legacy type setting done.

Seems like I will have a few fun projects starting soon. My e-ring is going to get re-made as well. We will be sending it back in the new year.

tourmaline_lover - I know I owe you pics of my ebay purchases still! We finally found our camera in a jacket pocket!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2008 2:38:51 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
I have two 7 mm stones that will fit. One is the reddish/pink tourmaline from the vallejo seller (the one I didn''t really like because of the super fancy cut). The other option is a purple spinel that hasn''t arrived yet. I have a lot of really nice cushions so I need to get a Legacy type setting done.

Seems like I will have a few fun projects starting soon. My e-ring is going to get re-made as well. We will be sending it back in the new year.

tourmaline_lover - I know I owe you pics of my ebay purchases still! We finally found our camera in a jacket pocket!
I know you do!! We need pics. I especially want to see the reddish/pink tourmaline with the fancy cut.

We also need more ebay reviews. You do an awesome job at that.

How exciting for you to be starting on new projects.
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo, I love the new setting and can''t wait to see what you set in it. That''s bad about the LOGR settings. Isn''t there anything you can do?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with everybody else that LOGR should be reported to Ebay. If they choose to take the risk to put an item to auction without a reserve then they should honour their commitment. Report them to Ebay Charmy.

As for the new setting, it''s gorgeous. The side profile is stunning. I can''t wait to see it set. Which seller did you use because they sound good?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious, but how long does ebay give you to make a payment on an item? For example, if I purchase an item on ebay, and I don''t pay for it within a specific period of time, does the auctioneer still have to honor it? I always pay for my ebay items within a week, but I think there is a specific time limit, and I''m not sure what it entails.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 6:33:34 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Just curious, but how long does ebay give you to make a payment on an item? For example, if I purchase an item on ebay, and I don't pay for it within a specific period of time, does the auctioneer still have to honor it? I always pay for my ebay items within a week, but I think there is a specific time limit, and I'm not sure what it entails.
I don't know the answer to the question but I usually pay within a few days. In the case of LOGR, I did not because they wouldn't send me an invoice for changing the sizes. I kept asking but wasn't getting any responses. They weren't even responding to the messages in the eBay dispute.

I was at the Toronto diamond district today. I saw the setting I purchased off eBay. It was double the price so I was happy. Workmanship is bad according to the BF.

This is the seller for the above setting - http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/18kfish. Her other auctions are higher than what I paid. My setting was only $345. She is very responsive.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2008 3:49:04 AM

Date: 12/29/2008 6:33:34 PM
Just curious, but how long does ebay give you to make a payment on an item? For example, if I purchase an item on ebay, and I don''t pay for it within a specific period of time, does the auctioneer still have to honor it? I always pay for my ebay items within a week, but I think there is a specific time limit, and I''m not sure what it entails.
I don''t know the answer to the question but I usually pay within a few days. In the case of LOGR, I did not because they wouldn''t send me an invoice for changing the sizes. I kept asking but wasn''t getting any responses. They weren''t even responding to the messages in the eBay dispute.

I was at the Toronto diamond district today. I saw the setting I purchased off eBay. It was double the price so I was happy. Workmanship is bad according to the BF.

This is the seller for the above setting - http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/18kfish. Her other auctions are higher than what I paid. My setting was only $345. She is very responsive.
Thanks Charmy, that stinks that you weren''t getting any responses to your invoices.
emsad.gif

Well, please give a review on the new setting when you get it. Looking forward to your great reviews and those gemstone pictures!!
emteeth.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That setting is wicked cool! I love the profile view - I can''t wait to see more pics!
36.gif

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmypoo, I hope you reported him to Ebay and left negative feedback saying he didn''t honor the auction. That will let other know not to trust him.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Very nice setting! Can''t wait for pics.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Love that setting, but that sucks about LOGR - I guess buyer beware there, huh? I''d definitely report them every way you can...

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Charmy - do you have anything set in this ring yet?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Charmy - I think you have this setting now according to your other thread. Tell us what you think! Can you post pics??? And what are you going to set in it? I''m watching another auction with this setting, but the reserve isn''t met yet. Can''t decide what to do. :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Hoofbeats - I took some photo for you tonight. I am away on a business trip so I don''t have any stones to put in it as an example. I will try to do that this weekend.

18KFish-Pic1.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
More photos ...

18KFish-Pic2.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
On the hand ...

18KFish-Pic3.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Whoa! Sorry for the huge pictures. I didn''t check the size.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are nice pictures Charmy. I think the setting looks even nicer in your pics than on ebay!! Beautiful. Take pics of it in a ring box with a stone on top.
31.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 12:07:47 AM
Those are nice pictures Charmy. I think the setting looks even nicer in your pics than on ebay!! Beautiful. Take pics of it in a ring box with a stone on top.
31.gif
I will definetly do that this weekend. I work away from home during the week so I don't have any of my goodies with me. Luckily, I had the camera to take pics of a stone this Friday. This setting is much prettier than the photos. I was thinking of putting the rubelite from vallejo in it - perfect size.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, that sucks about LOGR Charmy - sounds like he has lost the plot to me. I for one will not be rewarding him with any business or referrals.
38.gif

OTOH, I look forward to seeing what you put in your new setting!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think anyone cares but just in case ... I found a chipped stone in the setting today. I don''t expect much based on the price.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Bummer about the chip! Dang.

Do you have any pics with a stone?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 7:17:54 PM
I don''t think anyone cares but just in case ... I found a chipped stone in the setting today. I don''t expect much based on the price.
Oh we care Charmy! THB, it wasn''t really expensive, but I wouldn''t say it was dirt cheap either..will you keep it? I''m not sure if I would, unless I really loved it..

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Hand pic with stone. More examples here.

Charmy-Split-HandPic.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 10:23:14 PM
Author: arjunajane

Oh we care Charmy! THB, it wasn''t really expensive, but I wouldn''t say it was dirt cheap either..will you keep it? I''m not sure if I would, unless I really loved it..
To be honest, it wasn''t me that found the chip! It was Gary at ERD who found it. I am not sure if it would bother me enough to return it but maybe enough to ask for a partial refund. She did custom make the ring for me so I feel bad to give it back.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results