Which stone should I put in my setting?

• Gold Tourmaline

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Red Spinel

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am trying to pick a stone for the new ebay setting I got. I have 4 options that I think will fit in it. Which one do you like best?

Charmy-Split-Options.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Here are photos of the stones in the setting and on the finger!

Charmy-Split-OptionsHand.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Example of how it actually looks on the hand.

Charmy-Split-HandPic.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Red spinel by far (voted that way too)!

That golden tourmaline looks more like rusty brass than gold, too much grey in the color. Rubelite is actually not a rubelite, but a regular pink tourmaline. Rubelites are red, or at least bright, intense, glowing, bubble gum pink. It also has a fish eye effect i.e. only the edge of the stone is lively and sparkly (cutting flaw). Purple spinel (in which I don''t see any purple BTW) is cut pretty much the same way and the color is pretty shallow, so my choice is obvious (to me at least).

Have fun
2.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I voted Red but I like them all but the yellow stone. I don''t have the discerning eye that some do. They all look nice to me. I think the red and pink are my favorites.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Wow... I really do like your setting. It''s so pretty. I voted for the red spinel, it''s stunning!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No contest. The red spinel. It looks like it has a little fire going on inside and leaps out of the setting. Really very pretty.

I agree with Mr ma re that the Rubellite looks more like pink tourmaline - was it sold as a Rubellite? For comparison this is one of my Rubellites. Somebody once told me that a pink tourmaline can have a brown tint in incandescent light but good Rubellites don't - that of course is only one difference! Colour is the main difference of course.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your votes and comments. I think the colors are a little off in the photos. In real life, the so called rubelite is actually more red but a light red (nothing as beautiful as LovingDiamond's stone). In photos, it turns pink depending on the flash. The photo on the hand is actually the "rubelite". The yellow tourmaline does not have grey but has brown - I was a little disappointed when I got this stone but it is cute in its own way. The red spinel is a lot darker in real life and also smaller in size (might be a little small for the setting).

Gee... maybe I found a "reason" to get another gemstone. LOL.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I love the red spinel - the color is fantastic
30.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy is the fish eye noticeable in the Rubellite? If not, and it''s not as pink as in the photo, then it looks like a good contender if the Spinel is too dark.

That''s the trouble with photos - so difficult to get an accurate representation isn''t it. I take hundreds before I''m happy!

Which one is your favourite?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! I like the one in the full hand shot. I thought that was the red stone. But looked again and thought maybe not. Then thought no it''s the red one. . . then maybe not. Wow. I like that one!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Honest answer! My two favorites are the lowest scoring right now. I have never noticed the fisheye until I looked at these photos. Gotta stare at it some more. I am very tempted to get another stone :razz:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I like the pic of the rubelite on your hand - the window doesn''t appear noticeable there. So if it doesn''t jump out at you IRL, I vote rubelite.
The red spinel seems a lil dark for me..

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the purple spinel because I love purple stones! They would all be gorgeous, but the purple one is my personal favorite. I look forward to seeing what you choose!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking a whole new stone. Challenge for anyone to find me a 7x7 round stone. Just want something pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results