carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ditto. Not ok enough. And you know, well, it is 16.5 mm

IKR!!! I am still going on about how i am going to buy up affordable nice big donuts to Seaglow on FB.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so now I have 8 different types of tiny buddhas and two biggish ones like that. The idea is to send to David Klass so he can give them diamond halos and set as one long rope with my lavender beads.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oooohhh I LIKE. Green nicely captured on lower body for prosperity.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
IKR!!! I am still going on about how i am going to buy up affordable nice big donuts to Seaglow on FB.

Wait, I saw one at 17800 rmb. Finding.....

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohhh I LIKE. Green nicely captured on lower body for prosperity.

I did think of asking the local jeweller here. But he scr*w*d up my pearl earrings ....I can post here. So UGRY after he laid his hands on them. And he used glue to stick the sapphires on. As a result, the blue became very pasty looking. Like they died in the process of the setting. Beyond repair. Kaputz! And I paid him too. Dearly. I just stood there, gulping and trying to breathe as I paid. But I paid. I did feel sorry for him. That's how dumb I am sometimes.

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I did think of asking the local jeweller here. But he screwed up my pearl earrings....I can post here. So UGRY.

It's like the Cheltenham jeweller suggesting a malachite as a replacement stone for my family friend's ring and replacing it roughly with the gold scratched and with rough edges on the bezel. Men's ring. No diamonds. So yes I believe they can screw up.

It may be cheaper having YY's factory do it but then comms and common aesthetical values will be problems.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hate scrolling through wechat for pic. HATE.

Does my head in.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Number 5 had this. 17800 RMB. Size is 31 and thickness is 6 mm. A few inclusions but I think this leans towards the glassy. Maybe try and get a discount?

mmexport1546551220618.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Number 5 had this. 17800 RMB. Size is 31 and thickness is 6 mm. A few inclusions but I think this leans towards the glassy. Maybe try and get a discount?

mmexport1546551220618.jpg

Black spots inclusion. No go sorry.

But glassy enough!!!

A lot of their things posted are not perfect so have to scrutinise photos and videos.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These photos of donut show the black specks clearly.

Description says perfect. Probably referring to nothing that breaks surface.

Screenshot_20190104-025238_WeChat.jpg Screenshot_20190104-025229_WeChat.jpg

Duyen

Rough_Rock
I dunno. It means can talk? Coffee break? Ask her again? Tell her don't uh understand coffee cup?

Which number is this? So far I correspond most with no. 3 and so far so good.

Hi there,
She did that to me once, and I understood it like a « good morning ! ». Would this be applicable to your context ?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are the cutest Buddhas @ChaiK

Translucent and such a fresh green too! You're so good with your Buddha selections!

Haha thanks for the praise @prs

I struggled last night but I'm back on the wagon. I'm looking forward to a big green cab at the end!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks easy. Land in Guangzhou Intl Airport. Catch high speed to Jieyang. Just timing it. May be better to o/n in Guangzhou b4 taking the train in case of flight delays.

GZ also has megamama jade market

http://www.guangzhoutravelguide.com/guangzhou_shopping/guangzhou-jade-market.html

I'm sitting here sniffing and embarrassed because you called my bluff. Well, it wasn't really a bluff. I checked out airfares and flight times to Jieyang.
Almost 24 hours flight time, $1200 USD. AND I have Tuscon in February. I can't go. I'm sooo sad. I would love to meet you there!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl, I saw some earrings for you today. You said you wanted drops with balls, I don't have a pic, but it was drops with FEET. Toes and everything. LOLOL

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Need some help here. Is ok to buy pendant with closed back? I worried they have used coloured foil. Or some gunk behind. YY stock.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Need some help here. Is ok to buy pendant with closed back? I worried they have used coloured foil. Or some gunk behind. YY stock.

Not foil. It should be gold.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm sitting here sniffing and embarrassed because you called my bluff. Well, it wasn't really a bluff. I checked out airfares and flight times to Jieyang.
Almost 24 hours flight time, $1200 USD. AND I have Tuscon in February. I can't go. I'm sooo sad. I would love to meet you there!

Well it won't be in Feb as that's Chinese New Year :)

US$1200 from US to China is a very good deal. It'd cost way more for me to fly from Burma to the US.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Or fly via Bangkok :)

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Not foil. It should be gold.

Back of the pendant is closed. It is gold backing. Ok to buy? An open back shows the pendant as it is. A closed back, I am wondering what was put behind, if any.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back of the pendant is closed. It is gold backing. Ok to buy? An open back shows the pendant as it is. A closed back, I am wondering what was put behind, if any.

Is it a moderately priced one or a deluxe one?

Seaglow's one can be opened I think so if you're going for a deluxe one I would expect that.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Usually just gold and then a plated layer of colour if necc e.g. white gold setting but jade you want yellow gold backing.

This is very standard practice. If you buy from reputable sources should be ok but doesn't hurt to ask.

Also, don't shower with them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results