shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bluish lav cab has yellow part on base, carved near boulder cover I think. Yes you are right about reference colour pieces. I can live with a very royal purple with less water or else pinkish purple with decent water and some iciness!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2:
Haha you are having a good time on the slopes!

A guy once bought something on livestream and said he intended it to dangle from his handphone after setting in gold, so no, I don't think your keychain is excessive! Most peeps will think it's cz with a coloured peanut anyway, not a precious stone. Unless you are in Ch, Tw, HK!

Peanuts here I come:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m eyeing a pure green landscape. Still moving a lot at the moment so it’ll have to wait. My current landscape pendant hard to beat so I can’t see anything yet worth buying with good price. My pendant tend to really glow in some light. I’m now at the luxury shopping street in Florence and got stopped by a bunch of ladies from Los Angeles to check it. They asked me a lot about it and inquired if I bought the pendant in one of the shops in Florence. So I guess these night lights also make the pendant glow. I’ve been seriously complemented half a dozen times on the pendant. I now realize what fine jadeite can do!

E8CCEB2F-B930-405E-834F-662D3D069A8A.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Guys I just need to whinge to some friends! Not really jade relevant but there is a point to be made.

You know how some of us send money to YY, Jasmine etc. We just kinda took a leap of faith based on an assessment of their business and we went for it. And we've all received professional service and very good results even though it seems crazy to send money to a foreign account with no recourse.

Well....I have been trying to buy my kid IKEA furniture. Yes I know IKEA is crap but they have a green bunk bed and he LOOOOOVES green and wants a bunk bead so we went ahead.

It has been 2 weeks, numerous phone calls, more than ten hours waiting for deliveries and waiting on their hotlines and I still do not have the parts for a bunk bed for my kid.

First time they sent me a wrong piece and a broken piece

Second time they replaced the broken piece but forgot to send the missing piece

Third time they didn't deliver at all.

I was on the phone this morning literally calling them names because I am at my wits end and have wasted hours of my life on this. I do not understand why I can get a delivery from china in a few days with zero drama but I cannot get furniture delivered from a Sydney IKEA store.

So there you go! Sometimes supposedly sensible decisions are the worst!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chaik, I slide down the blacks on my butt...very funny sight.
It's a long time since we went skiing, but I have vivid memories of my last black diamond run at Squaw Valley. I fell right at the top of the run and both my skis came off. I then found myself going down slope head first, on my stomach, and ricocheting from mogul to mogul. I was going so fast I couldn't get my feet in front of me to slow down. I went over the top of one mogul and actually went airborne for a second or two...very exhilarating actually...not quite so exhilarating when I hit the next mogul face first. :roll2: I was going so fast, like a speeding bullet, I actually overtook guys skiing down the hill. I couldn't stop until I got to the bottom, and was immediately surrounded by skiers asking how I was...not too bad actually...just a few bruises. My buddies thought the whole thing was hilarious!!! After that I stuck to the intermediate slopes. ;)2

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Nice to hear of skiing: there is good snow nearby & I am not on it!
Digressing,

...clear glass like jadeite. And then a stream of colour. Like when you add food colouring to water and you do not stir and you watch it diffuse gradually.
...for forthcoming purchases. Does not have to be Muna, but this texture.

This is how jadeite is said to form - out of a peculiarly slow, complicated solidification that masquerades &/or keeps fluid patterns... I suspect that I am only find it easy to think of jadeite texture/quality this way all the way from inked glass & ice to packed crystals (WWW), because there is such stuff in my background, yet - I have never seen anything published about natural grain patterns in jadeite...

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha any luck in getting the gondoliers to serenade?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
On livestream now. The donuts on offer pale in comparison with yester's and priced wacko high.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Saw this on YY's FB page. Rather uncommon plum lavender. Unpolished.

Screenshot_20190103-004101_Facebook.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bleah the factory can't do my order before early Feb as it's peak season so I have to wait. Long.

Getting them to send me stuff I'm not setting over first. They have these 2 done which I thought looked good from the photos. 18k wg with diamonds.

20190103_150409.jpg 20190103_150436.jpg 20190103_150501.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They did good getting a few things done @Burmesedaze!

Last year J said they shut down for 2 weeks after Lunar New Year so I assume it's the same this year.

If anyone chats to YY in chinese, can you ask her or anyone of the people if they use wax to polish the jade. There seems to be some debate on that and I just REALLY want to know!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
They did good getting a few things done @Burmesedaze!

Last year J said they shut down for 2 weeks after Lunar New Year so I assume it's the same this year.

If anyone chats to YY in chinese, can you ask her or anyone of the people if they use wax to polish the jade. There seems to be some debate on that and I just REALLY want to know!

Am back. Pottering about this morning.

Why is using wax to polish jade so bad? Or so good? I thought that was the normal practice.

@Burmesedaze , Love the new jadeite.

My buddhas have arrived. I will post later. Very happy. 6680 rmb, as opposed to J's mad price of USD1460 for the same trio. I am not buying from J unless I have to. So her shutting down for two weeks is ok.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think wax is bad just that it melts. If I find it there is no wax I'll scrub my rings harder!

@ChaiK she said the factory shut down so I'm guessing these guys who work with YY might shut down too. I know Asians who open on Christmas day here but come Luna New Year they vanish for weeks!

Please post pics!!!! Cannot wait to see them!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Guys there are a pair of jade dolphins on livestream

I HATE MY LIFE!

Imagine them as earrings?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Guys there are a pair of jade dolphins on livestream

I HATE MY LIFE!

Imagine them as earrings?

@Burmesedaze Did you see the huge Muna donuts? They wanted 3.5 万 for one:o

Oh, very bad. I supposed to finish working first. But I had a peek. It was a trio of them.

Why are donuts to £££ now? Madness.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still in love with those dolphins *sniffles*

Did anyone see how much those dolphins were?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think wax is bad just that it melts. If I find it there is no wax I'll scrub my rings harder!

@ChaiK she said the factory shut down so I'm guessing these guys who work with YY might shut down too. I know Asians who open on Christmas day here but come Luna New Year they vanish for weeks!

Please post pics!!!! Cannot wait to see them!

I don't care anyway. I not buying from J for now. Have you seen the pricing disparity? Up to 2.5k USD difference. I feel like a fried doughnut for buying from her constantly.:eek-2::knockout::blackeye::blackeye:

Oh, I think all jadeite is waxed, @mellowyellowgirl

I imagine it melting away as I bathe with them. But so far, all ok. And I do bathe in very very hot water.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Still in love with those dolphins *sniffles*

Did anyone see how much those dolphins were?

No, I saw donuts and then zipped back to this forum.

Ok, I working first. Nonsense later.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dolphins colour not nice.

Waxing is standard. First they polish then they wax. A jade. If not no shine and jadeite is porous.

It doesn't melt under normal wear and heat. Can be rewaxed anyway. Not a biggie and will be many years. Probably more for items that see friction than earrings or pendants with backing.

The muna donuts moxisha donuts are madness. Not worth it.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't care anyway. I not buying from J for now. Have you seen the pricing disparity? Up to 2.5k USD difference. I feel like a fried doughnut for buying from her constantly.:eek-2::knockout::blackeye::blackeye:

Oh, I think all jadeite is waxed, @mellowyellowgirl

I imagine it melting away as I bathe with them. But so far, all ok. And I do bathe in very very hot water.

Lol I need very very hot water too but don't wear them in the shower.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not all muna moxisha material is equal. Actually the broadcaster is good. You can read her after a while. She felt they are too much too. That's why she didn't push them.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tell myself what if they had crabs one day! Can you imagine two cute lil crab dangly earrings?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haha yes I do look at my rings and wonder what prices would have been like under YY.

Oh well! She was still MUCH cheaper than Sydney retail I like to tell myself!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Haha yes I do look at my rings and wonder what prices would have been like under YY.

Oh well! She was still MUCH cheaper than Sydney retail I like to tell myself!

Yes, ok, no regrets. I hate regretting. Bought at that moment, she had them, I love them. Having fun with them. Taught a lesson and learnt it very well. So well worth it and so moving on forward.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results