shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of testing for Covid 19...Have you been tested?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi MamaBee. I wanted to check back in on you all.

I'm sorry it's so scary and he doesn't want to go to the hospital. Can you get your hands on another pulse oximeter? They're pretty flimsy little things so it wouldn't be too surprising if the reading was off.

Does he sound breathless when you talk to him? If not, I suspect the doctor is right.

Honestly, everyone I know who has had it has said the fatigue is indescribable--even watching tv for a bit might knock him out--so I wouldn't worry that he's sleeping too much. As long as he's staying hydrated and eating a bit I think the sleeping is ok.

Also keep in mind that this virus tends to be extremely up and down. If he seems a bit better but then dips again it's a pretty common pattern, not necessarily anything sinister.

Continued good thoughts and healing dust to Chris and the rest of your family.

Thank you @jaaron He's definitely not breathless. In the beginning he felt like someone beat him up with 102.5 temp and sore throat. He doesn’t have the sore throat or the aches anymore..His fever came down to normal tonight.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I’m sure you’re relieved. I had a scare with DD who is a paramedic on a critical care team. She got really sick over the weekend and thought she may have caught it, Thank God her test was negative but she sure was sick and I feared the worst. Prayers continuing for your Chris.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee I’m sure you’re relieved. I had a scare with DD who is a paramedic on a critical care team. She got really sick over the weekend and thought she may have caught it, Thank God her test was negative but she sure was sick and I feared the worst. Prayers continuing for your Chris.

I’m happy your daughter is okay @Bonfire

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I woke up thinking of you and Chris this morning and hoping he had a decent night and is doing OK. Continued healing vibes being sent his way and sending you hugs and lots of good wishes Joanne.

@Bonfire glad your DD is OK and thank her for risking her safety every day for others and doing the amazing job she is doing. We owe her and all the brave people like her more than words can ever say.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee - So happy to hear this. Hopefully he's turned the corner and it was mild case. Fingers crossed he continues on an upward track.

@Bonfire - Sending thoughts to your DD for continued good health and thanks for the work that she does. I so much hope that when all of this is past we, as a society, don't forget the sacrifice and dedication of so many on the front lines. I'm continually humbled by their selflessness and humanity.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They don't want to test here unless you have a fever, so no. We just had 40 positives at the local prison so that upped our active cases in my town to 105

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the good wishes for Chris. They are really appreciated. He had 87-88 before going to bed...normal temp. We were hoping it was on a upward trend. This morning it’s back down to 83 with a slight fever. I convinced him to call the doctor. I also sent him the scariest articles on low oxygen levels measured on an oximeter while having Covid. He's convinced he’s fine because he feels fine. I’m hoping he will be seen.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the good wishes for Chris. They are really appreciated. He had 87-88 before going to bed...normal temp. We were hoping it was on a upward trend. This morning it’s back down to 83 with a slight fever. I convinced him to call the doctor. I also sent him the scariest articles on low oxygen levels measured on an oximeter while having Covid. He's convinced he’s fine because he feels fine. I’m hoping he will be seen.

@MamaBee, thank you for the update, been thinking about you and Chris. Sending him lots of good thoughts and strength and support to you. XXX

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @MamaBee for the updates. I’m hoping you can convince Chris to see the doctor today. The past few days have had to feel like months for you. I’m so sorry you are going thru this. Please know you are doing all you can to help him.

I’m glad you are putting worse case scenarios in Chris head. I just wish there was a way to take those thoughts out of your head. Sending dust and prayers to your family. Hang in there. Hugs, Callie

Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better @Bonfire . Please thank her for all she does to help people. She’s a freaking super hero. I wish she was getting paid like one.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My family was tested yesterday. Still awaiting results. My teen daughter was over at her friend’s house on Tuesday. The older daughter was not there, but was going to have a hospital procedure done on Thursday morning. Rapid test was positive for Covid. So her family got tested, and we also got tested as our daughter had been in the home. The older daughter was retested with the 24-hour test: negative! So the initial test was a false positive. Parents also received their results today: negative! So we will be very happy when we also get that news—hopefully!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@moneymeister I check in with him every two hours and make him take the reading. It was 82 this morning....85 in the afternoon...87 at 4pm. His fever is normal again. He’s extremely tired..He spoke to another doctor today. The doctor said he should go to the hospital to get checked out..but Chris doesn’t want to take an ambulance...and he can’t drive. His hospital is forty-five minutes from his house. He thinks he’s fine. Chris is thinking clearly so we can’t say he’s disoriented and can’t make his own decisions. It’s his to make. I’m a wreck. I just keep calling him...making sure he drinks something and has a bite to eat. He won’t do either if I don’t nag him. I asked him when he would call the ambulance...He said if his number drops to the 70’s or he gets winded. I told him the oximeter gives him a warning before that happens...He just says he knows...I think I aged twenty years.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son has Covid and is really nervous he is sleeping too much. He’s afraid he won’t wake up. I told him to call the doctor in the morning. His breathing is fine. Does this sound like normal for having Covid? He says he can’t stay awake for long.

I'm still catching up so haven't seen your latest updates. You can feel fine and have dangerous levels of oxygen. Under 90 is get to a hospital territory. People have been talking about walking into the hospital with oxygen levels as low as in the 70s when they shouldn't even be awake.

There are oxygen monitors you can get at home with alarms. Living alone, I would be very worried about him. As DH had oxygen drop to 82, he didn't even notice. His drops are mostly just a gentle droop where he goes from fine to a little tired to nearly asleep and isn't able to think about his oxygen.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @MamaBee What a worry for you! You must be beside yourself! That doctor is right, he needs to be treated at the hospital. His lungs can’t properly exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide. The longer he waits...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee DH has been sleeping with my CPAP. It makes a huge difference in his oxygen while he sleeps. That might be an option for you to consider that is better than nothing and might help him feel a bit better.

Hang in there. I know the monitoring every two hours and anxiety of wondering if he is still breathing... It was bad enough with DH just down the hall!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@moneymeister I check in with him every two hours and make him take the reading. It was 82 this morning....85 in the afternoon...87 at 4pm. His fever is normal again. He’s extremely tired..He spoke to another doctor today. The doctor said he should go to the hospital to get checked out..but Chris doesn’t want to take an ambulance...and he can’t drive. His hospital is forty-five minutes from his house. He thinks he’s fine. Chris is thinking clearly so we can’t say he’s disoriented and can’t make his own decisions. It’s his to make. I’m a wreck. I just keep calling him...making sure he drinks something and has a bite to eat. He won’t do either if I don’t nag him. I asked him when he would call the ambulance...He said if his number drops to the 70’s or he gets winded. I told him the oximeter gives him a warning before that happens...He just says he knows...I think I aged twenty years.

@MamaBee thanks for the update. Glad he does better in the afternoon. I guess there really isn't anything more that you can do than what you are doing. It's good he is talking with the doctor daily. He's too old to spank. :)
I'll say prayers for your son, and you too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you again girls..I can’t begin to tell you how much I appreciate your support. His last number tonight is 88...Since it started two nights ago at 76...I’m hoping his stubbornness is kicking COVID to
the curb..:pray:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee , I’m glad his number is higher than it was the other night. Hopefully his pulse Oximetry is defective and the actual oxygen level is higher and he recovers quickly. I’m sorry he is being stubborn. I would be a wreck too. Thank you for the update.

Hang in there Mamabee. You are doing all you can do. Sending prayers and dust to you both.

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, so sorry for all this stress and worry, you must be exhausted...I'm glad to hear Chris's numbers are better and I hope he is doing much better very soon. Try to get some rest and take care XXX

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee thinking of you and remember to please take care of yourself. Greg and I are keeping Chris in our thoughts and prayers and hope he starts breathing better and feeling stronger soon. It is a marathon not a sprint though so one day at a time. Sending you big (((hugs))). Hope your mom and David and S are doing OK.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to thank you all individually but because my brain is scrambled I don’t want to forget anyone. I have good news this morning. His oximeter reading this morning has been 96-97! He has a normal temp...He says he feels worse today..so tired. I’m happy those numbers are up so I told him to rest. I’m going to tell him to stretch his legs by walking around his apartment...and pump his feet like you do on long flights to keep clots at bay. He sleeps so much...I’m very encouraged by those numbers. I think the numbers were correct on the oximeter which is scary. He has a girlfriend who’s an ER nurse. She told him readings in the 80’s are bad but not super bad from what she sees of people that come in. I wish she didn’t tell him that...I hope his number stays up when he gets up from his nap.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee Just getting back up to speed with news. So glad he seems to be headed in the right direction!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results