shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkalicious!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You''re so sweet, Dreamgirl! The new av pic you did for BB looks awesome!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I know! It''s rather cute. I wish that were my avatar....I just love it!
30.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
thanks dream girl! i love it!! ;-)

Ok sorry I was MIA for a well.. been getting some stuff done recently!! ;-)

Okay.. so I got one of my packages today... yay... and ill post the story and stuff.. LOL

okay.. here is the first one.. i had a little kitty who was very interested in the little white things in the box.. hahaha

bbpackage1.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
here is my BEAUTIFUL cake topper.. I love it.. it is SO much more sparkley in person!

bbpackage2.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
and here is the part where i go.. what the hell is that.. that is NOT an E.. I think its a J? i called them RIGHT away and was like umm you sent me a J instead of an E, and she went and looked it up and came back and said sorry we will send out a new one today? So I dunno if I get to keep the J or what... if so.. im sellin'' it on EBAY! ;-) wish I would have gotten my E though...

bbpackage3.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
and here are my toasting flutes... and once again.. they are sooo sparkley in real life! i LOVE them!!!!! ;-)

bbpackage4.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
and again.. a VERY curious cat... hahaha gotta love my little fluffy muffin

bbpackage5.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
and this is me trying to get an idea of what purple carnations will look like in my vases... do you like?? I think I might hang 4 crystals like the one hanging down with the purple drop.. what do ya think??

bbpracticingcenterpiece2.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
bb... can you put together a step by step guide on the tissue poms for me? I''m not kidding, I love them. Oh, where did you find those vases? I love everything. and I need help. MY DIY projects aren''t saving me any money.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Blondebunny, I just looked at your pictures of your wedding stuff and it is sooooo cute!! You are amazing at DYI stuff. :)

Where did you find the small letters? To me the "J" looks like a cursive "T." At leasts thats how I write them for my name. ha Either way they are too cute.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
oh and I think Id make the one on the tall vase a little bit bigger...

How do you feel on using the tissue paper flowers as the flowers... Me and FI arent really flower people...LOL...
I have been thinking of using real pink and purple carnations... which means i get to put them together because i know a florist is going to be EXPENSIVE the day before vday ya know? blah...lol...i mean would people *really* notice?? I am going to make the room as dark as possible with uplighting.. so I dunno.. I probably will but I dunno.. I have seen some cool clay flowers too that I might attempt sometime soon too..we will see how that goes... I am going to attach a pic of a bouquet I thought was pretty.. and then you get to keep it ;-) If you cant tell.. im all about keeping my stuff! hahaha

I am going to start putting together my *BOOK* I am going to take pictures and organize everything I have into the book, so if I do get a planner.. she will be on the same page as me! hahaha or if I have to have someone else do something I can refer them to the *BOOK* hahaha... or maybe im just anal and i like to have everything written down so I dont forget anything? ;-)

I bought some more hot pink and purple (a little bit different so i might put bought in the balls to give them some dimension ya know?) and i found aqua! yay! I need to go find a paper cutter now! hahaha i think i might just go to my moms school and cut it all there one day or something.. it takes too long to cut it all myself by hand! and then i got a hand cramp from doing the fan fold last night i had to stop lol... i guess ill do it all in steps and stuff so i dont wear myself out...

I bought 2 big letters.. E and C so I can put them outside on the church doors.. but i dont know what to put on them to decorate them.. maybe ill paint silver then just put rhinestones.. i mean i can never not have enough right??? LOL

OH and I am going to buy one of those Xyron machines tomorrow since I have a 50% coupon to JoAnns ;-) I am going to use it to make my monograms to put on my plastic bags i got for my candy bar thingy lol....this will be fun ;-)

I have to make my list of things to get up and do tomorrow... I have to work on saturday (just a silly one day gig) from 12-8 so I wont be able to work on my projects... its so fun... well kinda.. i wish i had a friend to help me.. oh well.. id rather do something myself than to have a friend do it and mess it up...

OH OH OH ... i forgot to say... about your cake... have you ever thought of this.. its a crazy idea i know.. but getting a FAKE cake... and just having one layer editable for you and your FI and then serving sheet cake?? What you do is cut the cake... then they bring it to the back, and then serve sheet cake??? I know it sounds weird.. but then you could have a FABULOUS cake without spending that much?? I think my cake will have some fake layers in it so that i can make it taller.. and you really cant tell the difference! I am really good at making the fondant cakes... maybe you could just pay for the supplies and ill make it for you! ;-) its okay if u dont, hahaha you wont hurt my feelings ;-) just thought id throw it out there!

OH OH OH and I order my STDs last night.. i think the total was like $13.98 or something for 100!! YAY! And I just bought plain white envelopes from Joanns.. I am trying to figure out how to dress them up.. But I figured my STDs are so freaken cool that i dont really need to?? ;-) I might be learning on to do calligraphy soon though.. lol

***Dreamgirl- yell you will HAVE to do the pomander balls! They are simple, although time consuming! But you would have to try to find coral tissue paper.. or add hot pink like i did!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
Thanks again for the AVA!! I love it~
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

il_430xN.33137590.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
i might try to make something similar... BUT in purple obviously with my feathers! yay!.. so you know what.. ive totally been thinking about starting to put some of my crafts on etsy.. id LOVE to have my own business! ;-)

il_430xN.33137508.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 6:36:30 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
bb... can you put together a step by step guide on the tissue poms for me? I''m not kidding, I love them. Oh, where did you find those vases? I love everything. and I need help. MY DIY projects aren''t saving me any money.
yes I can.. I will do it later tonight/ tomorrow to show you ;-)

I found the vases at Burlington coat factory and then the smaller ones at michaels..

what other DIY projects are you trying to do?? maybe I can help you figure out how to find the stuff for cheaper or what to do different ;-) Oh and have you signed up on Joanns.com for the emails and newsletters??? that is how you get all of the good coupons and you can use them at michaels and vice versa! ;-)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 6:48:47 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
Blondebunny, I just looked at your pictures of your wedding stuff and it is sooooo cute!! You are amazing at DYI stuff. :)

Where did you find the small letters? To me the ''J'' looks like a cursive ''T.'' At leasts thats how I write them for my name. ha Either way they are too cute.
i found the letter at weddingfactorydirect.com ;-)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 6:57:46 PM
Author: blondebunny

Date: 1/15/2009 6:36:30 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
yes I can.. I will do it later tonight/ tomorrow to show you ;-)

I found the vases at Burlington coat factory and then the smaller ones at michaels..

what other DIY projects are you trying to do?? maybe I can help you figure out how to find the stuff for cheaper or what to do different ;-) Oh and have you signed up on Joanns.com for the emails and newsletters??? that is how you get all of the good coupons and you can use them at michaels and vice versa! ;-)
my head is spinning from the anxiety this post just provoked. I may need a hospital. Maybe I just don''t have time for DIY but I have no decor for the church. I have 10 silver lanterns that I want to use on the tables durring our coctail hour. Don''t know what to do with that yet. Pretty much everything else is taken care of by my redic. expensive floral designers.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think of this? Omg i love it! ;-) do you think itd go good with my dress???

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
oh oh and what if i do earrings like this to ad some more color into me?!?!?!?! click me!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 7:34:13 PM
What do you think of this? Omg i love it! ;-) do you think itd go good with my dress???
ummm. How do I say...???

..... YESSSSSS!

That is fabulous!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 7:40:06 PM
oh oh and what if i do earrings like this to ad some more color into me?!?!?!?! click me!

See above response ... Love them!
30.gif

I so covet a real pair like that ... Maybe when in 50+ years if I save money every year.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yay for packages! I love getting fun mail!

I LLOOOOOOOOVE your kitty. I just want to cuddle with her/him and rub that little furry belly! What an adorable little furbaby! Pls do post more pics of wedding stuff and kitty checking it out. Too cute! That curious kitty pic was just priceless!

Love the cake topper as well. I am starting to feel like a broken record. I''m loving everything! Will you please post something ugly so that I can try to say that''s it''s ugly, nicely, and then go back to loving everything else?
25.gif

Weird - How do they get J from E?? I''m glad that they didn''t hassle you for their mistake. Good thing that you are so far out from the wedding as well. Can you imagine if you were closer to your date and they messed up like that? Ugh! It still looks pretty though... Can''t wait to see the E and for your "review" so that I can decide if I should get one or not.
9.gif

Bonus if you get to keep the J and sell it! Woot!

Okay.... so, as I said, I love everything but I LOOOVE that hanging drop crystal on the centerpiece. I think that it looks fantastic and YES you need to hang 4 crystals. It''s the perfect accent and really makes these centerpieces "pop"!!

I think that the vases are fine, as is, however, a taller center one will look great as well!

Now ... the tissue paper flowers??? I''m on the fence. I don''t love the idea of doing that, however, knowing you, think that maybe you could make it work in a dim light scenario. I really think that given that carnations are usually very reasonably priced, Valentine''s or not, that you deserve to do the real thing. I think that the tissue paper flowers, because they are so gorgeous, would be good for the church, for example but I really think that your centerpieces are so impressive that they deserve real carnations. That''s just my opinion. Whatever you do decide, I''m confident that you''ll carry it off beautifully!

That clay bouquet is divine! If you can learn how to do that and feel comfortable with the way they turn out, I would have to say that I *might* budge and think that you could use clay flowers for your centerpieces. Now with regards to your bouquet, why not?! That looks fantastic and probably costs a LOT less than getting a bouquet with all stephanotis & crystals! I''m sure that from a distance it looks real as well. It really is beautiful ... like it a lot! AND ... as you said .. you get to keep it!

I have a "book" too so not to worry. You are not alone. Every vendor I have shown my book to has appreciated it and commented on my "organization" ... I think it''s a great idea especially since you have so many ideas. It can only serve to help you keep them straight, right?

Great idea about the Xyron machine. No idea what that is but it sounds cool and likely a good use of your 50% off coupon! I really can''t believe that you are doing all of this stuff by yourself. It really is commendable. LOL at your handcramp but please don''t wear yourself out ... you do have some time!

With regards to the cake ... I have thought about that. I was thinking that that might be a great idea. Depending on what type of cake we decide that we want to do, we may very well just do a fake one and serve our guests sheet cake. Why not, right? It''s all about the presentation and the taste of the cake. If the guests get cake that tastes great and they see a cake that looks real and beautiful, it''s a win-win! Thanks!

I cannot believe that your STDS were only $13.98! Incredible. I wish! That is such a great deal!!
36.gif
I agree that if you learn calligraphy, you won''t have to spice up your envelopes, even if you don''t, you''re right - your STDs are so great that they stand on their own. Maybe you could find some sort of seal of something to close your envelopes with or maybe a little crystal?? Just some thoughts.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
STDS- Yes i have already been thinking about how I want to seal them.. definitely needs *some* sparkle in there.. i thought about putting a tiny rhinestone where my ring is on the STD... hehehe ;-) I might get those wax seal things u can do yourself because i saw some with glitter.. and thatd be so cool! hehe... i need to investigate some more though ;-)

So.. my list for tomorrow IS... Xyron Machine, Styro Balls, Paper Cutter(def need this!), more of the purple pendant thingies for the pomander balls..... Oh and I think I am going to work on my garter too... so maybe I need to look for elastic stuff too..

wow.. my DIY list is really starting to add up.. I think I am going to do like a timeline of when I need to finish stuff to keep me more organized...

Im GLAD i order my stuff so early.. I would have been mad if I ordered it right before my wedding and they sent me the wrong one! aghh!! I really feel like it is SOO far away.. but last semester of school went by soo fast.. so I know this semester will, seeing that february is a short month, then its spring break, then semester is over ya know... then its summer, and i will still have school, and we are going to finish alot of projects over the summer like the tabler runners and going to find a caterer over the summer, then its fall semester and i have all the last minute details, then its spring semester again and its time to get married and it will be my last semster... so AHH! lol.. i feel like I have no time, but I do... Me and FI just dont want to spend ALL of our weekends doing wedding stuff and getting stressed and have the potential to have a fight, so we think getting the big stuff done helps and then me just making majority of the decisions LOL

What tasks did you give your FI to do?? I want to give Chris a list of things that will be his job, but Im not sure what all to include.. Definitely told him DJ & music is all on him LOL.. and then his suit and what not.. although ill probably go to make sure it looks good ;-) He is going to get gray to match the beading on my dress... what color is your FI having??

I so wish I could have Enzo(the white kitty in the pics) and Peekachoo in our wedding.. i want to make them our MOH and BM.. lol.. i dont think the church would go for it though??? poor kitties... I have some super cute pics of Enzo I need to post for you.. its soo bad my phone has like over 100 pics of him being all cute.. i should start a thread just for him... he has the funniest personality ever.. and he LOVES the fridge and icecubes.. they are his favorite.. oh and his babies.. he is soo spoiled he has so many.. and he brings them to you like a dog does when he wants to play and he plays fetch too.. its quite cute ;-) ok ill stop talking about my little cutie pie...

What do you think of this bracelet?? I think it kind of matches my dress some?? What do you think??

bbbracelet.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
here is another pic of my dress i found ;-) man I wish I could just put it on again and play with it lol.. i dont know what I am going to do to contain myself form trying it on all the time ;-)

Oh and I think I might do a fake cake.. and then get a bunch of cakes from TooJays.. I think they taste FABULOUS! ;-) hehehehehe ;-)

kpmarlene.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I actually inhaled when I saw that picture! Oh gosh ... i love it! You are going to look so stunningly spectacular! I can''t wait either. Really, I''m super excited with you here! Talk about Wow!

Your cake idea sounds good to me! I''m not familiar with Toojays... what''s your favourite flavour?

Love that bracelet. I think that both of the ones you showed me match your dress wonderfully and will look beautiful.

I really wanted wax seals for our invites but that really drives up the price but if I could DIM
27.gif
31.gif
I like the idea of the swarovski on your diamond in the pic. Super cute. I had a swarovski on our save the dates and everyone loved it too.

Good thing that you are organized. Given the magnitude of projects you have taken on, you will have to be! I agree that it''s best not to leave it to the last minute so even though it seems ages away now, it will just creep up on you since you have so many other things keeping you busy as well. Nothing causes more friction in a relationship than having all this wedding stuff to deal with and not getting a break from it all. Good call.

Typically FI and I have been doing most things together. I''ve requested that he take care of getting some music together to give to our DJ and yes, the suits. He''ll have to figure that out and we''ll "finalize" it together. We''re having a hard time trying to decide. Our wedding colors are Pistachio & Gold and the girls will be wearing Pistachio so ... I was thinking about the boys wearing a soft/muted gold but I''m not positive. I would love fi to wear a cream suit but he may want something different. We keep changing our minds and he''s a bit of a fashionista so I''ll let him figure it out and then go from there. I love gray ... That may look really great with the Pistachio color ... Hmm. Another idea! ... but then again maybe not ... b/c of the gold. Ugh!

Enzo! I
30.gif
him!! Please please post some more pics of your babies. I would love to see them!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
what do you think about this necklace?? i can just add the hanging back??? grrr i cant upload any pics!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparks, I know exactly what you mean about your show not airing! I am so not someone who would want to be on TV, either, but I would do it to find the perfect dress, too! I considered applying for that show because I was convinced I would never find a dress. I still can''t believe I found one! But if it does air, will you pretty please tell me so I can watch! Even if you don''t do it here, let me know somewhere else!
2.gif

And good luck on your immigration and your SYTTD! Hahaha...seems silly to put both of those in the same sentence, but oh well!

Have I ever told you that I LOVE Seattle? My aunt and cousins live there, and my brother and my sister both lived in the area. It''s one of my favorite places in the U.S.! I thought about transferring to U.W. but I ended up loving my school so I stayed. My aunt and cousins used to live on Mercer Island and then my aunt lived on Bainbridge Island. (I think those are the right places!) Anyway, I love the area so much!

BB, I''m glad you love my dress! I LOVE your dress, too! Doesn''t Kenneth Pool design Amsale? I tried on a couple of Kenneth Pool dresses at Saks but they weren''t nearly as gorgeous as your dress. But the workmanship was seriously amazing. I like your hair dark, too-I used to have super bleach blonde hair and I know exactly what you mean about it blending in to your face! I never liked my hair until I had some roots. (It was super short hair so it looked good with roots.)

BTW-I ordered my shoes today! Hopefully they''ll fit and look good with my dress! I have super narrow size 10 feet, so strappy sandals basically never fit me, but I''m thinking I can get those strap pads and the pads that go under the ball of your feet and make it work! They are TALL but I think that will look best with my dress...poor little short fiance of mine! Ha! He totally doesn''t care...but I will be about 5 inches taller than him in the heels I ordered!
6.gif
I told him he was my Tom Cruise and I was his Katie Holmes...and I''d slouch in all the pictures! Hahaha! I''ll definitely wear flats at the reception and maybe for some of the pictures, too, so we won''t look too silly!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 10:56:35 AM
grrr click me
Oh goodness yes! I have a "thing" for large pear droppies! I think that that would be gooooorrrrgeous!
Ugh! I''ve decided. You are going to have to buy this stuff and have a webcast fashion show so that we can compare them all and decide! How fun would that be?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
would this hair comb be too weird?? lol click me im on the fence lol

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Thing!!!
35.gif

You know what ... I''m a total extrovert and usually, I wouldn''t mind and would have fun with it, however, having gained so much weight in a short period of time ... I''m totally apprehensive and totally appalled at having to "reveal" myself on tv looking my worst. It''s all about how you feel, right? I''m totally desperate to find a dress to suit my likes and my personality so I am doing it but I''m dreading that part of it. I hope that my consultant and I click and that she finds my perfect dress at a SIGNIFICANT discount! Wouldn''t that be amazing! Pls do keep your fingers crossed!! Yes, of course, I will let you know. If not here, then elsewhere. I know where to find you.
28.gif
I really am so happy for you that you found such a gorgeous dress. Your dress embodies exactly what I seek. I want that WOW and the glamourous elegance. You are going to be a stunner of a bride! I can''t wait to see you all done up. Your fi is going to be totally at a loss for words!

Thanks for the luck! It''s less than a week now to my immigration interview and I''m getting nervous! I fly out on Tuesday and the interview is first thing on Wednesday morning! Yikes!
32.gif
I hope that I get an immigration officer who "plays well with others", if you know what I mean. It is hilarious to put SYTTD and immigration in the same sentence but why the heck not, right? They are both important concerns, right even if they are somewhat competing priorities. I''m just praying that everything goes smoothly with the interview and that I get my passport back quickly in order to catch my flight to NYC on the Friday! I gave myself an extra 2 days in Montreal so that I can be on the safe side. I hope that it''s enough!!

No! You''ve never told me that! I had no idea. It is really beautiful here and can be lots of fun. If you''re ever coming to visit ... let me know!! We can go and raid all the fancy jewelry places downtown.
36.gif
Thinking about a visit anytime soon?
31.gif

Amsale and Kenneth Pool and Christos all fall under the same umbrella! Seeing your dress had me checking out Amsale now too ... I love Kenneth Pool dresses!! My fave is apparently in the $8,000+ range.
20.gif
BS if you ask me. SO unfair.
25.gif
Talk about not going to happen, huh ... considering that 50% off is at the high end of what I wanted to spend.

Shoes?! Do you have pics???!! I want to see!!!!!!!! Glad that you''re fi is okay with you being taller! Rock those heels, baby!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 2:37:04 PM
would this hair comb be too weird?? lol click me im on the fence lol
You''re killing me with these awesome links. Teehee.

I''m on the fence with this hair comb. I think that you can probably find a different one that suits everything else better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results