shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkalicious!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Ok... So i figured this would be easier.. SO i was browsing knottie bios.. and if you scroll down.. they have a girl wearing one of the dresses in your inspiration! The one with the ruffles.. I just had to post it for you!
Click here

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Woot woot! Blondebunny you are a genius and just too sweet. Thank you!!

That dress looks so much better on the Knottie than it does on the dress model. Seeing that "real life" bride in the dress makes me really like it a LOT more and since I would be having the train extended to cathedral length, it makes it that much more exciting!! Gorgeous. Creepy coincidence - that bride is in Seattle as well!!

I''m so glad that I found you paging me. I''ve been sulking about not finding the "perfect" dress for me so I''ve been avoiding PS. Lame, I know. Today we went to a wedding show here and I saw some Kenneth Pool dresses in person ... I was in
30.gif
... I have known for a long time that that is my absolute favorite wedding dress designer, however, I''ve ignored the dresses and avoided going to see any because I figure them to be outside of my budget. Well ... today I gave in. I am going to make an appt for the salon to go and check some out and see the pricing on them. I figure - why not ... this way I know that I have left no stone unturned.

You are really a godsend and I''m truly appreciative of you, my PS friend. You have made me smile and feel much better about the potential that the Hybrid really has. You just plain out rock. Thank you!

How are things going with you? Any decisions yet?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 1:49:09 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
Woot woot! Blondebunny you are a genius and just too sweet. Thank you!!

That dress looks so much better on the Knottie than it does on the dress model. Seeing that ''real life'' bride in the dress makes me really like it a LOT more and since I would be having the train extended to cathedral length, it makes it that much more exciting!! Gorgeous. Creepy coincidence - that bride is in Seattle as well!!

I''m so glad that I found you paging me. I''ve been sulking about not finding the ''perfect'' dress for me so I''ve been avoiding PS. Lame, I know. Today we went to a wedding show here and I saw some Kenneth Pool dresses in person ... I was in
30.gif
... I have known for a long time that that is my absolute favorite wedding dress designer, however, I''ve ignored the dresses and avoided going to see any because I figure them to be outside of my budget. Well ... today I gave in. I am going to make an appt for the salon to go and check some out and see the pricing on them. I figure - why not ... this way I know that I have left no stone unturned.

You are really a godsend and I''m truly appreciative of you, my PS friend. You have made me smile and feel much better about the potential that the Hybrid really has. You just plain out rock. Thank you!

How are things going with you? Any decisions yet?
Awww... Im so sorry the dress has been giving you a hard time... but let me tell you... you just might fall in love with a KP dress... they are just sooo much prettier in person and GORGEOUS and I think you will love them :) But if not... I totally think the hybrid will look gorgeous! :-0

As far as a dress goes for me... I keep seeing dresses and going.. OH pretty...but then I think of the Marlene.. and Im in love
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
... I think I am going to get it custom made... but have the back dip like the other one I found... so its even more dramatic... what do you think??

I went to a bridal show with FI today... and he actually had a blast.. except sitting waiting for the fashion show for an hour... lol... but I think he enjoyed it :) Except when he tells me he thinks a hideous dress is prettier... Im like are you looking at the same dress im looking at?? hahaha :) He really liked the photobooth though... but $1200... LOL... maybe... but we wouldnt need it for 5 hours... so maybe I can talk them down or something.. it was pretty cool though... I think we have found a photog... and his friend is a dj.. and has been doing it since they were like 15 or something (now 23) and he said he would do it for free... but I will probably pay for his hotel and give him disney tickets or something ya know... I just gotta get FI to call him so he can book it.. and we arent going to do a videographer because we figured we''d rather spend the money and get a nice camcorder and have his uncle film and edit for us as our wedding gift since he doesnt make much... we thought itd be coool :)

I havent ordered my dress yet... but i might this week.. i think I just need the push.. hahaha im so scared to make a commitment ya know? But i figured since I keep going back to it... I should just do it...

i cant decide satin or silk??? Its an extra $200... but i think its worth it :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
It has been driving me nuts!! Agggh! I don't know what I was thinking but I figured that it might be a lot easier to find a great dress that was everything that I could have ever dreamed! Uh ... nuh. In a way the fact that I'm encountering some challenges is good in that it is making me expand my horizons. I'm looking at all kinds of different stores that I would never previously have considered.

Sooo ... Today I went to check out the KP dresses and the one that I love the best, that was not in store, is $8,000+
23.gif
39.gif
Not even an option so ... on to other options. The other KP gowns that they had in store didn't do anything for me. I wasn't loving them. The bridal consultant, however, really kinda clicked with where my mind was so ... she went into the back and pulled a Lazaro gown for me. It is
30.gif
30.gif
and I love it. Unfortunately, FI was there with me so he saw it and he thinks that it is fabulous too. It's *most* of what I am looking for .... It is glamorous and luxe looking and definitely wow bust still classy and not over the top. It does not have any tiered ruffling of any sort, however, I didn't even notice that or miss it until I left the store. This was a good sign to me. Of course, it is still outside of my budget but I may just have to move some numbers around or sell a kidney to buy this bad boy. This dress is totally me and I'm so glad that I found something that really suits my sense of style and personality. While the train is only chapel length, it's not a big deal to make it a little longer to cathedral length and seeing it bustled is amazing. I love it!!!!!!

Here is a pic ... What do you think? You likey? Which is your favorite so far? Remember - I haven't bought a dress yet so your honest feedback is still welcome.
2.gif

With regards to your dress - you are Marlene - all the way! If you can find someone to make it and you are confident about that ... Go for it! It will be fabulous on you. I totally think that you can pull of any kind of back you like so if you are going custom - do it right. Get it made just the way you want it. Deeper back dip it is!

So glad that FI enjoyed the show with you. My FI actually enjoys them as well ... We got 2 good guys, huh?! I know someone else who was having the hardest time dealing with her FI trying to go with her. Ugh. I couldn't deal with that nonsense. To each his own, however, I figured that since "we" are getting married, "we" should both be engaged in the process of doing such, thus ... wedding shows it is.
1.gif

It's amazing how many fun things there are to spend your money on ... I saw that photobooth and thought it was a great idea as well. I wish we had room in our budget for it so that guests could have a little fun but alas ... there's just not the room in the budget. Something you may want to consider is whether or not your photographer offers a photobooth option. I know that a few local photographers here actually do and it's the biggest hit. They don't actually have a photobooth, per se but they have a photobooth station, for lack of a better description. They have a lot of props and they take pics photobooth style and the guests really get into it ... especially after a few drinks and they usually get some really great shots. This way is a lot more cost effective and produces the same result as the actual photobooth option.

Finding a photog! Yay ... that's great. I know that you didn't ask for my advice, however, since I think that you are the greatest and don't want anything bad to happen, might I suggest that you guys just do a little homework to make sure that both the photog and the dj are professionals on which you can rely and depend upon to produce a satisfactory product for you. Since the wedding industry is all about gouging people, I always hear alarms if someone is offering something for "free". I know that I'm a terrible cynic ... I'm sure that it's all good but I just thought I would say something in case you were interested ... If not, disregad - it's all good.
9.gif

Love the videographer idea. Maybe your uncle would love to contribute this way and you guys will have a fantastic new camcorder to play with after the wedding. Kills two birds with one stone. In many ways I wish that we could go that route but I don't trust any of our family to record the wedding. I'm sure that they would all get distracted and end up taping conversations that they are having with other people rather than the bride and groom.
20.gif

If you are confident about the dress that you would like and have a seamstress, I say do it! I love silk duchesse satin. It's my absolute favorite! I figure that if the satin is a good quality - do that and avoid the extra expense. What do you think???

Here is the pic ... Please let me know what you think.
35.gif

eta - as I'm sure that you know ... It's far, far better in real life. FI didn't even recognize the pic online compared to what it looked like in person. It's so much more sparkly and gorgeous!!

Lazaro LZ3607.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 2:40:46 AM
It has been driving me nuts!! Agggh! I don''t know what I was thinking but I figured that it might be a lot easier to find a great dress that was everything that I could have ever dreamed! Uh ... nuh. In a way the fact that I''m encountering some challenges is good in that it is making me expand my horizons. I''m looking at all kinds of different stores that I would never previously have considered.

Sooo ... Today I went to check out the KP dresses and the one that I love the best, that was not in store, is $8,000+
23.gif
39.gif
Not even an option so ... on to other options. The other KP gowns that they had in store didn''t do anything for me. I wasn''t loving them. The bridal consultant, however, really kinda clicked with where my mind was so ... she went into the back and pulled a Lazaro gown for me. It is
30.gif
30.gif
and I love it. Unfortunately, FI was there with me so he saw it and he thinks that it is fabulous too. It''s *most* of what I am looking for .... It is glamorous and luxe looking and definitely wow bust still classy and not over the top. It does not have any tiered ruffling of any sort, however, I didn''t even notice that or miss it until I left the store. This was a good sign to me. Of course, it is still outside of my budget but I may just have to move some numbers around or sell a kidney to buy this bad boy. This dress is totally me and I''m so glad that I found something that really suits my sense of style and personality. While the train is only chapel length, it''s not a big deal to make it a little longer to cathedral length and seeing it bustled is amazing. I love it!!!!!!

Here is a pic ... What do you think? You likey? Which is your favorite so far? Remember - I haven''t bought a dress yet so your honest feedback is still welcome.
2.gif

With regards to your dress - you are Marlene - all the way! If you can find someone to make it and you are confident about that ... Go for it! It will be fabulous on you. I totally think that you can pull of any kind of back you like so if you are going custom - do it right. Get it made just the way you want it. Deeper back dip it is!

So glad that FI enjoyed the show with you. My FI actually enjoys them as well ... We got 2 good guys, huh?! I know someone else who was having the hardest time dealing with her FI trying to go with her. Ugh. I couldn''t deal with that nonsense. To each his own, however, I figured that since ''we'' are getting married, ''we'' should both be engaged in the process of doing such, thus ... wedding shows it is.
1.gif

It''s amazing how many fun things there are to spend your money on ... I saw that photobooth and thought it was a great idea as well. I wish we had room in our budget for it so that guests could have a little fun but alas ... there''s just not the room in the budget. Something you may want to consider is whether or not your photographer offers a photobooth option. I know that a few local photographers here actually do and it''s the biggest hit. They don''t actually have a photobooth, per se but they have a photobooth station, for lack of a better description. They have a lot of props and they take pics photobooth style and the guests really get into it ... especially after a few drinks and they usually get some really great shots. This way is a lot more cost effective and produces the same result as the actual photobooth option.

Finding a photog! Yay ... that''s great. I know that you didn''t ask for my advice, however, since I think that you are the greatest and don''t want anything bad to happen, might I suggest that you guys just do a little homework to make sure that both the photog and the dj are professionals on which you can rely and depend upon to produce a satisfactory product for you. Since the wedding industry is all about gouging people, I always hear alarms if someone is offering something for ''free''. I know that I''m a terrible cynic ... I''m sure that it''s all good but I just thought I would say something in case you were interested ... If not, disregad - it''s all good.
9.gif

Love the videographer idea. Maybe your uncle would love to contribute this way and you guys will have a fantastic new camcorder to play with after the wedding. Kills two birds with one stone. In many ways I wish that we could go that route but I don''t trust any of our family to record the wedding. I''m sure that they would all get distracted and end up taping conversations that they are having with other people rather than the bride and groom.
20.gif

If you are confident about the dress that you would like and have a seamstress, I say do it! I love silk duchesse satin. It''s my absolute favorite! I figure that if the satin is a good quality - do that and avoid the extra expense. What do you think???

35.gif

eta - as I''m sure that you know ... It''s far, far better in real life. FI didn''t even recognize the pic online compared to what it looked like in person. It''s so much more sparkly and gorgeous!!
Ok- So first off with that dress... I FREAKEN LOVE IT!! I have drooled over it online many times :)
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
This girl that was getting married in my class actually got it for hers... but her wedding is NOv 09... but she said that she got a brand new one from a bride who bought it and then decided it was too expensive and sold it to her for like $1700??? crazy right?? I know you said you wanted a longer train... but I thought Id throw it out there that you could possibly get it for cheaper! Thats awesome your FI loves it too!!! I was hoping the salon I went to had it so I could try it on because I thought it was so pretty.. hahaha :)

I think I am going to seriously take the jump this week... probably Friday and order it...I figure if I do it... then Ill stop driving myself batty.. hahaha... :)

Ya I was happy when FI said he would go with me.. He was soo cute walking around and looking at everything.. and HE made sure we went to every row! hahaha ....

I am hopefully going to meet with the photog this week... She is pretty good.. and I like her pictures... She seems like she will take really good pics. I plan on photoshopping all of my own pics since I photoshop my modeling pics now.. BUT what I was thinking was she offers a second photog for not much more... and I might do that and have them do the photobooth pics during the reception.... Hopefully when I talk to her Ill get a good feel if I like her... But whn I went to the show today looking at some of the peoples pics who were charging in the $2500 range were $h!tty! I was like umm no... hahahaha..... I guess to me, as long as I feel comfortable in front of the photog.. I know my pictures will come out pretty decent..and this is from 3+ years of modeling with different photogs... I also think if you are a pretty photogenic person/comfortable in front of the camera your pics will usually come out a tad better... and im not camera shy... FI is...LOL.. Ill change that though... The photographer seems very promsing to me.. I think she is young.. but not sure? But I figure she still would have a year more of shooting weddings ya know? After I talk to her.. Ill post a link for you :)

As for the DJ- my FI has been friends with the kid since he was in elementary school, and the kid does weddings/parties all over the state of florida, and its an actual business :) He offered for free to FI because he really likes us and they have been friends forever...He does alot in Ft laudy and Miami... FI is pretty confident he will do an amazing job and only trusts him.. so I have faith :) But thanks for the heads up :)

I am almost positive FI''s uncle will record it for us... We trust him... hopefully.. haha.. Im not that worried because I dont really like to watch myself on video.. soo.. hahaha.. I just want my pretty dress in a video.. is that bad??? :)

I just cannot decide between the silk and satin... the silk is just soooooooooo nice.... hahaha... gahh that is the decision I need to make... satin or silk.. hmmmm...

OH OH.. I saw this necklace and it was freaken gorgeous... Its like a chocker in the front.. but has a lariat in the back?? If that makes sense.. I saw it today and was in love.. seriously.. LOL.. but havent found one that i love... so I might try to make one... Ill let you know how that goes... maybe you might want one ;-)

Oh and I totally decided on my bouquet holder today.. freaken awesome too.. BUT it was like $165... so I am going to make it.. I just found the stuff online.. Ill post a pic of that too for you.. I think you will like it... its sparkalicious! hehehehe :) its late.. can you tell?? I cant stop looking at wedding stuff online.. im going to drive myself batty and not get any sleep!

Oh and I need to post my other stuff for you to see so you can tell me if u like it.. :)

n-mod-crystallariatback-main.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
not best pic of it close up.. but you can kinda see it :) see the bling!!

bqposy-buttonend-rhinestone.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 2:40:46 AM
It has been driving me nuts!! Agggh! I don''t know what I was thinking but I figured that it might be a lot easier to find a great dress that was everything that I could have ever dreamed! Uh ... nuh. In a way the fact that I''m encountering some challenges is good in that it is making me expand my horizons. I''m looking at all kinds of different stores that I would never previously have considered.

23.gif
39.gif
Not even an option so ... on to other options. The other KP gowns that they had in store didn''t do anything for me. I wasn''t loving them. The bridal consultant, however, really kinda clicked with where my mind was so ... she went into the back and pulled a Lazaro gown for me. It is
30.gif
30.gif
and I love it. Unfortunately, FI was there with me so he saw it and he thinks that it is fabulous too. It''s *most* of what I am looking for .... It is glamorous and luxe looking and definitely wow bust still classy and not over the top. It does not have any tiered ruffling of any sort, however, I didn''t even notice that or miss it until I left the store. This was a good sign to me. Of course, it is still outside of my budget but I may just have to move some numbers around or sell a kidney to buy this bad boy. This dress is totally me and I''m so glad that I found something that really suits my sense of style and personality. While the train is only chapel length, it''s not a big deal to make it a little longer to cathedral length and seeing it bustled is amazing. I love it!!!!!!

Here is a pic ... What do you think? You likey? Which is your favorite so far? Remember - I haven''t bought a dress yet so your honest feedback is still welcome.
2.gif

So glad that FI enjoyed the show with you. My FI actually enjoys them as well ... We got 2 good guys, huh?! I know someone else who was having the hardest time dealing with her FI trying to go with her. Ugh. I couldn''t deal with that nonsense. To each his own, however, I figured that since ''we'' are getting married, ''we'' should both be engaged in the process of doing such, thus ... wedding shows it is.
1.gif

It''s amazing how many fun things there are to spend your money on ... I saw that photobooth and thought it was a great idea as well. I wish we had room in our budget for it so that guests could have a little fun but alas ... there''s just not the room in the budget. Something you may want to consider is whether or not your photographer offers a photobooth option. I know that a few local photographers here actually do and it''s the biggest hit. They don''t actually have a photobooth, per se but they have a photobooth station, for lack of a better description. They have a lot of props and they take pics photobooth style and the guests really get into it ... especially after a few drinks and they usually get some really great shots. This way is a lot more cost effective and produces the same result as the actual photobooth option.

Finding a photog! Yay ... that''s great. I know that you didn''t ask for my advice, however, since I think that you are the greatest and don''t want anything bad to happen, might I suggest that you guys just do a little homework to make sure that both the photog and the dj are professionals on which you can rely and depend upon to produce a satisfactory product for you. Since the wedding industry is all about gouging people, I always hear alarms if someone is offering something for ''free''. I know that I''m a terrible cynic ... I''m sure that it''s all good but I just thought I would say something in case you were interested ... If not, disregad - it''s all good.
9.gif

Love the videographer idea. Maybe your uncle would love to contribute this way and you guys will have a fantastic new camcorder to play with after the wedding. Kills two birds with one stone. In many ways I wish that we could go that route but I don''t trust any of our family to record the wedding. I''m sure that they would all get distracted and end up taping conversations that they are having with other people rather than the bride and groom.
20.gif

If you are confident about the dress that you would like and have a seamstress, I say do it! I love silk duchesse satin. It''s my absolute favorite! I figure that if the satin is a good quality - do that and avoid the extra expense. What do you think???

35.gif

eta - as I''m sure that you know ... It''s far, far better in real life. FI didn''t even recognize the pic online compared to what it looked like in person. It''s so much more sparkly and gorgeous!!
I know this thread isn''t for me - but I tried on that dress and fell in love too - it is gorgeous! And you are right about it looking different/better in person.

It is elegant, sophisticated and has a serious wow factor without (IMO) being over the top.

Great choice!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay ... You freakin love it!! This is a great sign!!
36.gif
me too!! I''m SOOO super excited. Now I just have to figure how where I''m going to slash in my budget to make it happen.
11.gif
$1,700??! I would die!! I wish. I''ve been looking but haven''t found anything in my size for sale. Ugh! I''ll keep looking until I have to buy it. I''m going to ask the salon if I could wait until their next trunk show in March ... that''s cutting it super close but it may be worth it if I can save a whole bunch of money.

I can''t wait for you to take the jump! You know that it''s the one ... I''m going to enable you all the way! Do you know if there are any sample sales or trunk shows coming your way for this KP dress??? If so, maybe you can get the real one and not have to go with the hassle of custom?? This being said ... I really like the idea of modifying the back to be a little more risque. It suits you perfectly! Please let us know once you take the plunge. I can''t believe how excited I am for you!!

You''re totally right about the photog ... You are gorgeous and photograph well AND you know how to photoshop ... You are set! What a great way to save money. If you can do it yourself ... why not??!! You guys are totally lucky! I wish that I was able to get two great vendors like that. I''m jealous!!

Wanting your pretty dress in a video?? You''re asking the wrong person!! That is not bad at all ... Why else would you get a video?
41.gif
Tee hee. I agree. Also, I would like a record of the ceremony so that I can actually remember what was said or what happened b/c I''m sure that it is going to be a blur!

I love the bouquet holder and think that you are a total rockstar for being able to make your own! Shoot! I''m going to commission you to make one for me!
31.gif
I love all things sparkalicious so you are right ... I love it! It will look amazing with some beautiful flowers.

Bring it on ... I can''t wait to see all your stuff!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh! I am SOOO loving the lariat/choker necklace ... It is stunning. I think that it would look terrific with your dress especially if the back was a little lower! Showstopper!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 9:04:02 AM
Author: october2008bride
I know this thread isn''t for me - but I tried on that dress and fell in love too - it is gorgeous! And you are right about it looking different/better in person.

It is elegant, sophisticated and has a serious wow factor without (IMO) being over the top.

Great choice!
October2008bride - who are you kidding ... Thanks for joining in on the thread. I appreciate the feedback!!
It''s so exciting to have someone else love the dress that I like!! I felt exactly the same way ... It''s elegant, sophisticated and most importantly to me WOW Dramatic. So me ... without being over the top. What more could I ask for, right?

While I''ve found dresses that have components I like etc ... I haven''t found one that I felt was totally me ... I love this one and think that I could totally rock it!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Are there any other salons close to you that might have a trunk show soon or anything??? How much do you even get off?? I think like 10% or 20% off right? Do you want to get a new one... are you opposed to trying to find one online for cheaper?? If so, I can scour the internet looking for one! :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 2:49:21 PM
Author: blondebunny
Are there any other salons close to you that might have a trunk show soon or anything??? How much do you even get off?? I think like 10% or 20% off right? Do you want to get a new one... are you opposed to trying to find one online for cheaper?? If so, I can scour the internet looking for one! :)
You know ... there aren''t, however, there is a store in Oregon that I could go to and buy from in order to save tax. I just have to find out how much they charge for the same dress to start off with. I have no idea how much you would get off. I''m thinking that 10 - 20% is standard so ... not a huge difference but better than nothing, right?

I''m not opposed to finding one online for cheaper, however, I will really scrutinize it to make sure that it is what they claim it to be ... How do you tell, right?

Have you tried to find your Marlene online? I figure that if you did, you could just alter it the way you would like. Wouldn''t that be great??!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 7:56:48 PM
Date: 1/5/2009 2:49:21 PM

You know ... there aren''t, however, there is a store in Oregon that I could go to and buy from in order to save tax. I just have to find out how much they charge for the same dress to start off with. I have no idea how much you would get off. I''m thinking that 10 - 20% is standard so ... not a huge difference but better than nothing, right?

I''m not opposed to finding one online for cheaper, however, I will really scrutinize it to make sure that it is what they claim it to be ... How do you tell, right?

Have you tried to find your Marlene online? I figure that if you did, you could just alter it the way you would like. Wouldn''t that be great??!!
Well some of the websites I think make sure it is what it says it is or something.. atleast I think they would... hmm...

Ive looked for the Marlene...but I think since its soo new that I wont be able to find one... I think I am just going to order it on Friday and be done with it... Ive been getting so many things crossed off my list lately... I just think I will take the plunge.. and of course when I get it (prob wont be till March or April- more like April) I will share pics :) I just have to decide... do i wanna wear heels or no heels... probably heels for the ceremony since it wont be that long... but i got the prettiest purple flats from target that are the color purple i love... soo i dunno... hmm... but I wanna be tall for FI :) hmmmmmm............ I wont be on PS all day tomorrow (have to work-thank god!) but when I get back on... Ill post the pics of my centerpiece vases and the paisley fabric.. :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
My fi found the Lazaro online for $160.99 today. What a hoot! He says that he is going to order it.
20.gif

Yay to taking the plunge! I''m so super excited for you! I think that you are right it might be too new. Actually, just thought of something. You won''t be getting married until 2010, right? Have you considered maybe waiting until this year''s wedding season is over and stalking pre-owned wedding dress sites to see if any brides who may have purchased it this year put it up for sale after their wedding?? That may work for you ... Best of both worlds. You get the original, don''t have to endure the custom process and save tons of money on your dream dress so that you have lots of extra money to make all the alterations you could ever desire .... What do you think?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 11:14:35 PM

My fi found the Lazaro online for $160.99 today. What a hoot! He says that he is going to order it.
20.gif

Yay to taking the plunge! I''m so super excited for you! I think that you are right it might be too new. Actually, just thought of something. You won''t be getting married until 2010, right? Have you considered maybe waiting until this year''s wedding season is over and stalking pre-owned wedding dress sites to see if any brides who may have purchased it this year put it up for sale after their wedding?? That may work for you ... Best of both worlds. You get the original, don''t have to endure the custom process and save tons of money on your dream dress so that you have lots of extra money to make all the alterations you could ever desire .... What do you think?
LMAO at your FI!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha where was it at... peridress??? he is seriously so funny.. Julius Bridal makes a replica of that dress too... and its quiet pretty.. i look at it sometimes... hahaha...

I would wait... but im a paranoid person and dont wanna wait to long just in case i do have to go custom and god forbid something goes wrong and it has to be remade or who knows... Im pretty confident they can make it well pretty... :) Plus if I spent over 3k on a dress.. Id wanna resell it afterwords... but if I do custom I get to keep it :) I will MAKE my daughter wear it... who am I kidding... she will love it and i wont have to force her... okay seriously i am going to bed now! goodnight! SMILE PRETTY PLEASE! :) Oh and we totally need to go to each others wedding! hehee :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I know. I was laughing as well!! Yes - Peridress. I''m surprised that you knew ... Have you heard of them? Are they notorious?

I get you ... You''re absolutely right. If you do go custom now, you have time to correct if you are nhot happy with the outcome. As I''ve mentioned before, you''re brilliant. Seriously, I understand completely you thought process.

You are smelling what I''m cooking, lady. IF I am able to buy this dress - I will be selling it after the fact. I cannot justify spending so much on a dress for one day. I just can''t do it and, like you, I know that my daughter, if I ever have kids, will likely think that it sucks and look down her nose at it. Who needs that!

I say YES. I think that it would be great to have any PS friends who helped you with your wedding planning process be able to attend your wedding ... Why not, right??! How fun?!!!

Smiling ... only temporarily though.
25.gif
I will have to tell you about this disastrous experience I had at this bridal salon today. I looked like this
15.gif
when I left there today. They were horrid. I just don''t have the energy to share tonight! It was that bad. I''ll fill you in tomorrow.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 12:44:35 AM
I know. I was laughing as well!! Yes - Peridress. I''m surprised that you knew ... Have you heard of them? Are they notorious?

I get you ... You''re absolutely right. If you do go custom now, you have time to correct if you are nhot happy with the outcome. As I''ve mentioned before, you''re brilliant. Seriously, I understand completely you thought process.

You are smelling what I''m cooking, lady. IF I am able to buy this dress - I will be selling it after the fact. I cannot justify spending so much on a dress for one day. I just can''t do it and, like you, I know that my daughter, if I ever have kids, will likely think that it sucks and look down her nose at it. Who needs that!

I say YES. I think that it would be great to have any PS friends who helped you with your wedding planning process be able to attend your wedding ... Why not, right??! How fun?!!!

Smiling ... only temporarily though.
25.gif
I will have to tell you about this disastrous experience I had at this bridal salon today. I looked like this
15.gif
when I left there today. They were horrid. I just don''t have the energy to share tonight! It was that bad. I''ll fill you in tomorrow.
ahhh yay! Ill have a post to come home too! I feel like freaken death right now... I couldnt sleep.. AT ALL.. and i just feel awful this morning :( blah!!!!
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

Seriously.. i was talking to my mom yesterday about this... Im like... its fun at first to try on gowns... and then its like... damn.... these thing are freaken heavy and hot... and i dont want to walk out of the room in a dress i think looks hideous on me.. but that damn SA tells me too.... grrrr.. hence I said NO MORE TRYING ON DRESSS FOR ME!!!!!! :)

Ok ttyl!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
OK- BRACE YOURSELF... Im going to take the plunge and order the dress tomorrow!!!! I just cant decide... silk or satin... its driving me BANANAS! The owner said he personally likes the satin better than silk (which I figure they make more off silk- so he must really like the satin better..lol) but one of the other people who work there said he likes the silk... Im just worried the white silk wont be white enough for me... I know it has tendencies to be more ivory sometimes...

Plus he told me if I got something on it, I could wash it out with water and soap and I couldnt with silk? I dnt know if thats true or not???

So... silk or satin? I mean its an extra $200... kind of alot... I mean I will only wear it one day.... I think I might just order the satin and put the money somewhere else... like towards the silk tulle i really want because its so freaken soft.. but it will cost like $60 i believe to order it so I can make my own veil... so hmm...

NOW I think i decided satin... unless u have a good reason why i should do silk.. BUT heels or no heels?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I cant decide! I have 2 cute pair of flats I already bought for the wedding and a pair of heels... both are super cute :) Ill post pics.. I was thinking maybe the heels for ceremony and then switch to the flats to dance in???

bbflatspurple.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
and these.. the others ones are a tiffany blue lacey flat and then i put 2 brooches on the ends to add some sparkle! :)

bbnewshoesa.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
OH and I decided to today that I am going to add some feathers to my centerpieces too and I am going to buy these chandeliers to hang from the ceiling of the venue to add some glamour :)

a6a7_1.JPG

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I saw these STDs and thought they were cute.. what do you think? obviously the pic isnt us... but my mom could draw us one... what do you think?

b62638396.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 1:51:58 AM
OK- BRACE YOURSELF... Im going to take the plunge and order the dress tomorrow!!!! I just cant decide... silk or satin... its driving me BANANAS! The owner said he personally likes the satin better than silk (which I figure they make more off silk- so he must really like the satin better..lol) but one of the other people who work there said he likes the silk... Im just worried the white silk wont be white enough for me... I know it has tendencies to be more ivory sometimes...

Plus he told me if I got something on it, I could wash it out with water and soap and I couldnt with silk? I dnt know if thats true or not???

So... silk or satin? I mean its an extra $200... kind of alot... I mean I will only wear it one day.... I think I might just order the satin and put the money somewhere else... like towards the silk tulle i really want because its so freaken soft.. but it will cost like $60 i believe to order it so I can make my own veil... so hmm...

NOW I think i decided satin... unless u have a good reason why i should do silk.. BUT heels or no heels?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I cant decide! I have 2 cute pair of flats I already bought for the wedding and a pair of heels... both are super cute :) Ill post pics.. I was thinking maybe the heels for ceremony and then switch to the flats to dance in???
Hi! I''m sorry that I didn''t have your update ready for you when you got home but my news might make up for it ... Today was the polar opposite to yesterday. Thank goodness!! I rec''d an exciting phone call this morning from (drumroll)
23.gif
.. TLC - They would like me to appear on Say Yes to the Dress. Shhh! I applied on a whim over the weekend since I was just done with all the hassles I was having shopping locally and frustrated with my inability to make a decision so ... I figured why not. It was more of an exercise to get rid of my negative energy than anything else. I''ve spent all today talking to bm''s and trying to figure out if we are going to go or not. I''ll keep you posted. Kind of fun, huh?!!!!! Would you like to join us in NYC??
25.gif

I''m SO pleased for you!! Wooooooo! Tomorrow is the big day. It is going to feel amazing to put that order in and to know that your perfect dress is being made for you!!
36.gif
I actually have butterflies in my tummy for you.

Okay - Easy Peasy ----> Satin.
No ifs &''s or buts ... Do it.
You need reasons - I''ll give you reasons ....
1 - If you want white - satin will be able to do a better, more true white, than will a silk. Pure silks, as I understand it, come in more of an ivory tone. If you want ivory then that would be fine but if you want white - satin is better.
2 - Don''t know if the guy is correct or not about stains not coming out of silk but it sounds good to me. It''s a more delicate material so satin is likely more durable or hearty while still maintaining a luxe and soft feel .. If you get a high quality satin - I''m sure that you will be very pleased with the result and won''t miss your silk one bit.

Shoes - HEELS! Absolutely heels for the ceremony but your flats are just too darned cute not to take advantage of ... They must be worn at your reception - after your grand entrance, of course, for dancing etc!! Sounds like a great plan.
I love both pairs of shoes! That purple is to die for and those silver shoes will look amazing with your Marlene!

Hey - should we name your dress since it will be based on but much better than the original Marlene??

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 1:58:19 AM
and these.. the others ones are a tiffany blue lacey flat and then i put 2 brooches on the ends to add some sparkle! :)
What is it that we say??? .... This post is useless without pics!!!!
25.gif
I would love to see the tiffany blue lacey ones!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 1:59:38 AM
OH and I decided to today that I am going to add some feathers to my centerpieces too and I am going to buy these chandeliers to hang from the ceiling of the venue to add some glamour :)
Those chandeliers are SUPER glam! Hey - Maybe your venue will hire you to decorate for them ... their place is going to be amazing when you are done with it! .... and feathers are so "it" right now!! I''ve seen a couple of centerpieces that have incorporated feathers and they are gorgeous! Great idea. I love the look of peacock feathers but from what I have gathered from your wedding you are looking for a plain white elegant flower to add some texture and visual point of interest ... right?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 2:01:43 AM
I saw these STDs and thought they were cute.. what do you think? obviously the pic isnt us... but my mom could draw us one... what do you think?
I actually really like them. They have personality! If you are having a less formal wedding, I think that adding this little piece of "you" will be fantastic! How fun and original ... and being able to involve your mom in this way will likely be very rewarding to her. Do you like them? Is there something that you don''t like about this option?? As long as you can fit in your wedding website address somewhere, I think that you should be all good.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
ILl have to try to find a picture of them.. I know I have one somewhere!

About the flowers- I want purple flowers that are the color of those shoes... haahahaha.. I am going to get carnations and maybe some darker roses and maybe some hydrangeas... But not all of my centerpieces are going to be the same.. I am doing crystals centerpieces with these really cool handing candle holder things but instead of putting candles in it.. I am going to put those floralyte things so they give a cool purple or tiffany blue glow (and I dont have to worry about drunk idiots starting a fire!) ill post a pic of what im talking about.. I also got some really cool candleholders I want to incorporate somehow.. I def need to post what my vases look like.. they are like a gunmetal mirror vase thing... they are sparklely... hahaha

Okay- just sent my email telling them all my measurements and everything...hehehehe... im still in between satin and silk.. i think I might just do the satin... gahhh...lol :)

OK- so as far as the STDs go.. This is my idea.. tell me if you likey... hehe :)

OKAY for the background- kinda of like one of my pictures from the day we got engaged... I want it to be night with the disney castle in the back... lit up in a tiffany blue color...

THEN I want to have him down on one knee... like he is proposing... but his face looking forward (but as a caricature) and then me standing smiling (but as a caricature) and maybe like holding my ring finger hand out and pointing to it??? And then I want to have them right Save The Date.... 02/20/2010 and then maybe our names at the bottom... What do you think... Ill post the pics I wanna use as inspiration to send them... honest opinions pretty please :)

11-08-08 engagement8.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
here was the inspiration... I just gotta decide what to have them draw us in.. I dont think I wanna do wedding attire because I dont want people to think we are getting married at disney.. ya know??? maybe just regular clothes....

So what do you think??

Oh and On the back on the card I will put more information..

jubbileeart-caricature.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
here is the back Id kinda do...

b62638354.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Too cute!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say that I really love, love, love these STD ideas. I think that''s so unique and creative!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results