shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkalicious!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

audball

Ideal_Rock
These save the dates are SOOOOOOOOO cute. I LOVE your idea of doing the background of the castle with him down on one knee. Regular clothes would probably be best so people don''t initially mistake them for wedding announcements. Maybe your mom could replicate the clothes you were actually wearing when he proposed? Well minus the sweater that I remember you saying he didn''t like about one of the pics...
21.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments sunnyd, mscushion, and audball!! :) I talked to my mom and she said she cant draw caricatures... so I found a company online.. and emailed them asking if they could do what I want... hehehe... hopefully they email me back and saw YES! :) Im so excited hehehehe

GUESS WHAT Sparkalicious.....I DID IT! I ordered it!! I got it in the white poly satin! :) I asked on PW what people thought and came to the conclusion that the satin would be better because it doesnt wrinkle as bad and one girl said she had a dress similar to mine and it wasnt heavy and she said she loved the fabric much better! So YAY! :)

i cant believe i ordered it... its getting real now that Im getting married... and I think Ive decided on my STD... so thats even better....

OH OH OH I forgot to say... Im totally coming to NYC with you to SYTTD!!!!! I wanted to be on there!!!! ahhhhh so freaken coool.... I mean you could have a fun weekend with your girls and get your dress for half off right?!?!?!?!?!? OMG Im so jealous! :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay - Your STD ideas! Pure brilliance!! I love, love, love it!
If they can encompass each of your ideas and lay it out as you have indicated - they will be fantastic! What a terrific idea! So cute and well thought out with such a personal touch.

I just love the caricature idea and the font on the back of the card is great ... I really like that layout.

You are definitely on the right track. I can''t wait to see how they turn out!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 6:08:55 PM
Author: blondebunny
Thanks for the compliments sunnyd, mscushion, and audball!! :) I talked to my mom and she said she cant draw caricatures... so I found a company online.. and emailed them asking if they could do what I want... hehehe... hopefully they email me back and saw YES! :) Im so excited hehehehe

GUESS WHAT Sparkalicious.....I DID IT! I ordered it!! I got it in the white poly satin! :) I asked on PW what people thought and came to the conclusion that the satin would be better because it doesnt wrinkle as bad and one girl said she had a dress similar to mine and it wasnt heavy and she said she loved the fabric much better! So YAY! :)

i cant believe i ordered it... its getting real now that Im getting married... and I think Ive decided on my STD... so thats even better....

OH OH OH I forgot to say... Im totally coming to NYC with you to SYTTD!!!!! I wanted to be on there!!!! ahhhhh so freaken coool.... I mean you could have a fun weekend with your girls and get your dress for half off right?!?!?!?!?!? OMG Im so jealous! :)
I hope that they say - yes!! and I hope that they get back to you quickly ... we''re dying here. Was your mom happy that you asked her even though she can''t do caricatures? I bet that she was just loving that!!

I wish I used those fancie emoties everyone else uses - insert happy dancing emotie here - You did it!!
36.gif
That is fantastic! I''m SO excited for you!! I bet that you are just on top of the world right now!! Dress ordered & STDs almost checked off! Yes - it does get more real with each thing you check off, doesn''t it??!!

I don''t know how I feel about syttd ...I love watching but never figured myself on there ... I just wanted to go to the salon and find something amazing that is totally me and looks fantastic. Believe me - I''m not at all excited about being on tv ... I''ve gained so much weight that I am horrified at the thought of seeing myself.
23.gif
If you wanna come with - let me know. The more the merrier, right? I know you would love to see the KP''s that they have there so ...why not?! Should be on Jan 24. I have to finalize some details and let them know who will be joining me but ... that''s that. I keep feeling as though it''s not really real and it''s not going to happen but ... I guess time will tell. It just happened so quickly. Applied on a whim on Sunday b/c I was just fed up and heard from them yesterday. Whirlwind ... I happen to actually be going to the East Coast for another appt on Jan 21 so, like fate - this kind of worked out perfectly. Weird, huh?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh - I forgot to fill you in on my bridal salon horror story from the other day.

I went to a wedding show over the weekend and there was a bridal store there that actually had the Pronovias Ladera in store and I wanted to check it out, in person, because I liked the look of it in pictures. Well, accordingly, I made an appt with them and went in to take a peek.

I get there and the consultant was late - annoying but not really a big deal given the horrible weather we have been having. All in all a forgivable offence. I had spoken with the owner at the show and she scheduled the appt for me so she knew exactly why I was coming in .... however, the associate that was assigned to assist me insisted that she pull a few other dresses for me and that I try them on. While this lady seemed nice and pleasant enough - the dresses they had in their inventory were just not me. They did nothing for me and looked awful - satin potato sacks. The only dress that spoke to me were the Ladera and another tiered ruffle Pronovias gown that was lots of fun (surprise - I liked the tiered ruffle gowns)
20.gif
thus those are the ones I ws drawn to ... I tried on a gown that was a similar shape but was too small and fitted really poorly. The associate says to me - well - that is what the Ladera would look like on you as well. Its hard to explain but I mean this dress looked terrible and it wasn''t just b/c I was in it. I have no idea how she could even compare the two ... Anyways, I''m blathering ... Next thing I know, when she realizes that I''m only interested in the other dress like the Ladera, the owner is like - that would look fabulous on you!
20.gif
38.gif
So the associate chimes in agreeing etc all of a sudden. Whatever, right?!

I proceed to try to get the heck out of there and they tell me that they must measure me and I must order the gown now because it is Pronovias and they take notoriously long to make and if I don''t order it now, I will be a stressed bride because my dress won''t be ready for me for the wedding day - Ummm - September, okay??!! She then says that she is not pressuring me to buy a dress today but she wants me to be aware that I''m running behind and I need to take care of it now. The owner, I guess remembering me from a different wedding show months ago says ... You''ve been looking for dresses since September - what''s the problem? Why aren''t you ready to buy one yet?
29.gif
Actually, not that it is any of her business but, as you can attest, I''ve really only started looking for dresses within the last month and a little bit ... What does that matter to her?! I was fuming and I felt this big because I just felt awful about myself after seeing what I looked like in the terrible dresses they wanted me to fit.

I was humiliated ... I ran away but only after they got their paws on my measurements. They said that they needed them for when I call to order the dress so I don''t have to come back in and they can get the order in right away.
33.gif
37.gif

Annoying, huh?!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
OKAY First off... DO NOT GO CHANGING YOUR AVA ON ME LIKE THAT!!! LOL... I was like who the hell is that... hahahahahaha :)

AND SECOND... where can I find pics of your ring?!?!?!?!?!?

Now.. About SYTTD... I wouldnt want to be on tv... I''d only want to get the awesome discount... I think on the phone or tv my voice sounds like a 2 year old..LOL.. one of the reasons I am not necessarily to keen on the idea of someone videotaping my wedding LOL :) I also wish I could come with ya''ll! That would be so much fun.. I had thought of trying to get on the show to get the dress for cheaper...But then I said no way...haha :)

I ordered the caricature today! The guy said it should be done within 2 days... and you know Ill be posting it :) Lets hope he can recreate my vision....

The dress has been ordered and they are just waiting on figuring out a tag situation but I wanted a custom one that said ERyn & Chris February 20,2010 in blue...and they are going to do it for free but are just working on the design right now :)

About the Bridal Salon- OMFG!!!!!!!!! I would have been LIVID!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
... seriously... I cant believe they acted like that...

You are MUCH nicer than I... its my flaw though.. I hate when people try to take advantage of me... I would have kept correcting them till they got it right... Umm hello you did only start trying them on a month ago! I cant believe they were so pushy! What a total turn off... EVen if I did want to buy it .. I totally wouldnt have since they acted like that... COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL! Just WOW is all I can say... That would totally turn me off from wanting to go anywhere else... thank goodness I didnt have an experience like that...

Man... crazy people..

Okay.. So.. are still thinking you are in love with the lazaro?? or you still want the tiered ruffles?? You will have to fill me in with what happens in NYC... Boo they dont let u take pics.. but u will have to post the designer pics of all the dresses you try on...

Should we go through and find pics of dresses u want to try on so you can show them??? Make sure you dont get that crappy girl... the one i think her name is claudia?? try to get the really cool black girl...I cannot remember her name for the life of me.. but she seems awesome and is always so helpful....

Oh I just made an appt to go view that church on Sunday with FI... Im excited.. hopefully we can get that all booked.. and then Ill have the church booked.. the reception venue booked.. hopefully the photog will email me back about when to meet her and then we can get that booked...and STDs are getting done... dress is ordered... WOW... so much checked off! :) Now I just need to make FI call his friend to tell him the date and stuff..... YAY! :)

What are your colors? I dont seem to remember? What kind of venue are you at?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god Spark!! That''s awful!!
29.gif
Why is it that some dress shops have the WORST customer service?! They''re like used car salesmen in there! Jeez! I hope it wasn''t Roxanne that was helping you, she''s the one who sold me my dress and was really nice.
40.gif

But hey if you need tiered ruffle dress ideas, I got a whole list of them! You''re looking for a mermaid-ish shape, right? Let me know if you want some more ideas, I''m sure you''ve probably seen them all.

That''s so cool if you get to be on SYTTD! And BB''s right, no Claudia. Keisha is the good one.
21.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
OMG just found my inspiration for my bouquet :) what do you think??? I love it and it totally goes with my vintage glam theme right?>???? except in purple! :)

0bbbouquet1.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 12:06:29 PM
OMG just found my inspiration for my bouquet :) what do you think??? I love it and it totally goes with my vintage glam theme right?>???? except in purple! :)
Purple feathers too? You have to have purple feathers!!!
9.gif
BB I love your wedding. LOL!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
of course!!! come on now :) I actually just got the best deal for them! :) they are really pretty vibrant purple.. I am going to incorporate them in my centerpieces too.. kinda like how the bouquet will be.... but in a vase :) OH i am going to go take pics of my vases now to show you :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 3:08:39 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
... You''ve been looking for dresses since September - what''s the problem? Why aren''t you ready to buy one yet?
29.gif

I got a similar treatment at a bridal salon last night. I had been to this salon twice before to look at two specific gowns (I had threads about them... a Paloma Blanca I found online really cheap and wanted to try it out first and then the Pronovias Dango). When I was in there the first time I made an appointment to check out their entire selection since they didn''t have time to let me look at them when I came in for those two specific gowns.

So when I went in for my full hour appointment last night the woman asked what I was interested in. I said that I was there for bridal gown shopping. She then looks at my file and sees that I have been in there twice before (a different lady helped me the first two times). She then asked me again what I was there for. I go "Um... bridal gowns?" starting to wonder why she''s being so weird. Then she goes "Well, what are you really here for?" in this accusatory tone as if I was just in there to play around in pretty dresses and waste their time. I wanted to yell "UM HELLO LADY! DO YOU SEE THE FRIGGING RING ON MY FINGER? DO YOU THINK I WOULD COME HERE HERE THREE TIMES TO WASTE YOUR TIME AND MINE??" Even my friend picked up on her weird tone. Thankfully, this was only my second weird experience at a bridal salon and I''ve been to 6 or 7.

I''m sorry they treated you so strangely. I can''t stand fake sales associates.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I know! I know! I should have given you a head''s up about changing my avatar pic but ... alas ... I did it on a whim! So glad that ASUdesigner was able to spiff it up for me! What a generous genius ... what would we do without his unsmushing skills??
It looked awful when I tried and I almost broke my computer trying to get it right. Ugh!

Pics of my ring ... Not sure where you can find them. HAHA - just a little PS humor ... Here is my thread ... fast forward through the e-story stuff if you just want to get to the good stuff ... the pics!!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sparkalicious-new-simon-g-engagement-ring.82125/

TV = puking emotie character and
23.gif
32.gif

I don''t think that they actually even guarantee a discount so I''m just going to hopefully have a positive bridal shop experience and maybe, just maybe they will find the perfect dress for me. Fingers crossed. I am, however, going to be horrified to see my big butt on TV .. Maybe I just won''t watch it. I can''t stand the torture. If they ask me my size, I''m going to have to tell them it''s NA - Noah''s Ark big. So embarrassing. Oh well - I''m still a fabulous, sparkalicious glamourgal who deserves my perfect dress - whatever size it comes in so I''ll work it out!
By the way - I just emailed the casting girl and asked if I would be able to request an appt with Keasha. I will die if I get Claudia. That will be some fun reality tv ... that would NOT work well.

Yay to ordering the caricature - that was a quick turnaround for them! Yay! They should absolutely be able to recreate your vision. I can''t wait to see it ... Your STD''s are going to be fab! Woot!

Okay - I LOVE the customized blue tag! I thought that your dress couldn''t be anymore special that it already is and now this. That is awesome! Perfect personalized touch!!

Bridal salon - Definite
29.gif
I was livid but I was also feeling so awful that I just wanted to hang my head and slink off unnoticed. Usually I have a really sassy personality and would have given as good as I got or just called them out on their lack of professionalism but when you are feeling so low ... you just don''t have the fight in you. I just wanted it to end and to be able to get out of there. I almost couldn''t breathe because they were so close in my personal space and making me so uncomfortable staring me down etc. Couldn''t believe it.

The associate was telling me that San Patrick is NOT related to Pronovias. They are different companies. She thinks that San Patrick might be under the Justin Alexander umbrella
38.gif
She was insistent and I was like ... ummm, no. It got so uncomfortable and the owner was basically finally like - you''re wrong - to the sales associate. Thank goodness for some sort of something normal. Why was this sales associate so insistent and arguing with me about that anyways ... isn''t the customer always right - which I was ??! Really - San Patrick and Pronovias not the same company - give me a break.

I am in love with the Lazaro but it''s a crazy hot dress and I would like to be able to try it on and make sure that it looks good on me before I commit to it. The fact that I will be losing weight makes it more difficult b/c I have to gauge how it looks now but it won''t look like that in a couple of months. It will look much better.

I still love tiered ruffles but haven''t found a dress that speaks to my personality that actually has them. I have been on the Kleinfeld website and selected 5 dresses in my "faves" and will take those pictures for them to work from. I''ll see if I can post them for you here.

Great - I hope that the church viewing goes well and that it is everything that you want it to be. I bet that you are excited. Yay BB!! Looking forward to your updates.

My colors - Pistachio & Gold. Here is my inspiration board. I love it!
Also - just for you ... here is all the info you could possibly want to know about our venues.
25.gif

I''m awaiting confirmation as to my appt so I''ll let you know when it''s a sealed deal. Why do I feel like throwing up? I''m so not a R.TV girl. What have I gotten myself into???!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to post inspiration board pic ...

sparkinspirationboardbb.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 11:53:58 AM
Author: sunnyd
Oh my god Spark!! That''s awful!!
29.gif
Why is it that some dress shops have the WORST customer service?! They''re like used car salesmen in there! Jeez! I hope it wasn''t Roxanne that was helping you, she''s the one who sold me my dress and was really nice.
40.gif

But hey if you need tiered ruffle dress ideas, I got a whole list of them! You''re looking for a mermaid-ish shape, right? Let me know if you want some more ideas, I''m sure you''ve probably seen them all.

That''s so cool if you get to be on SYTTD! And BB''s right, no Claudia. Keisha is the good one.
21.gif
Thanks, Sunny!!
35.gif
It was awful! It was Roxanne who was helping me ... Don''t get me wrong. She was totally nice. A really sweet lady. I think that maybe they were all tired or something from the wedding show and were not in their right minds. When I first met her I was like great ... she''s a sweetie and this should be okay ... but at the end of the appt when she realized that I didn''t want to buy anything right away she sort of turned and became really pushy ... She kept saying that she wasn''t trying to be pushing and that she was looking out for my best interest and wanted to make sure that if this is the dress I wanted that I ordered it right away so that I would get it in time for the wedding. Although she may have thought that her heart was in the right place, combined with the rest of my experience and the forcefulness with which she tried to express that ... rubbed me the wrong way. I left and was so upset. I was near to tears by the time I got into my car and peeled out of their lot. I was really offended about the implication that I''ve been looking for a long time, which I haven''t, and that I should have found something by now ... this was what the owner said, not Roxanne. Ugh, huh?

Yes - I love a tiered ruffle dress. I''m looking for Dramatic, Opulent, Luxe - Glamorous with some sparkle (of course) I would prefer that the tiers be such that they don''t "cut me off" ... I''m fairly short and need a design that will help lengthen me, I suppose. I really like a trumpet type shape or modified mermaid shape as opposed to a severe mermaid b/c that won''t look good on me and will be too restricting on my wedding day ... I need to dance!! I''m always open to ideas ... if you see any dresses that you think that I might like ... bring em on sister!! Thank you!

I just sent a request to casting requesting Keasha ... Claudia + me = likely bridal beatdown of grand proportions.
11.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 12:06:29 PM
Love it! That''s exactly what I''m talking about ... That is such a great look. I think that it will work perfectly with my perception of your sense of style and with your dress! Love it!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 1:55:48 PM
Author: Clairitek

I got a similar treatment at a bridal salon last night. I had been to this salon twice before to look at two specific gowns (I had threads about them... a Paloma Blanca I found online really cheap and wanted to try it out first and then the Pronovias Dango). When I was in there the first time I made an appointment to check out their entire selection since they didn''t have time to let me look at them when I came in for those two specific gowns.

So when I went in for my full hour appointment last night the woman asked what I was interested in. I said that I was there for bridal gown shopping. She then looks at my file and sees that I have been in there twice before (a different lady helped me the first two times). She then asked me again what I was there for. I go ''Um... bridal gowns?'' starting to wonder why she''s being so weird. Then she goes ''Well, what are you really here for?'' in this accusatory tone as if I was just in there to play around in pretty dresses and waste their time. I wanted to yell ''UM HELLO LADY! DO YOU SEE THE FRIGGING RING ON MY FINGER? DO YOU THINK I WOULD COME HERE HERE THREE TIMES TO WASTE YOUR TIME AND MINE??'' Even my friend picked up on her weird tone. Thankfully, this was only my second weird experience at a bridal salon and I''ve been to 6 or 7.

I''m sorry they treated you so strangely. I can''t stand fake sales associates.
I''m sorry Clairitek! That sucks. Psycho paranoia. What do these people think ... Is it really feasible for the majority of brides to take one visit to figure out what they want? I thinks not .. .especially given that most have us have never spents thousands of dollars on a dress before.

I hope that you have more positive experiences and find your dream dress soon!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Oh no!! LOL, I can''t believe they don''t even know what they''re selling. Maybe they should require 1 hour of dress perusing online a week to keep up with things...oy.
20.gif
That sucks that they were so unhelpful. I''ll post links/pics to my faves that I found, do what you will with them! I''ll start a new thread so as not to clog this one up. Who doesn''t love dress pics anyway?!
2.gif
Oh and I''m so jealous that you''re having your reception at Edgewater, it''s so pretty there!!

BB, can''t wait to see your vases!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
okay..
1. I love you name...seriously... i wish i had a cool name...

2... i now know why we get along so well... "This means 3:30 - not 3:45 or 4:00. Please be there early enough to be seated comfortably by 3:30. " TOTALLY something I would say! hahahahaha

3. your freaken gorgeous and I think that lazaro will look awesome on you :)

4. your church is soo pretty!

5. Your hotel is awesome!

6. Where do you live im so confused!

7. ""HEY, I wore my proposal outfit tonight and now, IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO ASK ME TO MARRY YOU, I WON''T HAVE ANYTHING TO WEAR! ... Hmmpf! " It sounded just like that too except for with a smirk on my face and if I recall correctly some sticking out of tongue so he knew I was just giving him a hard time. I proceed to take off my proposal outfit, for dramatic effect, of course, and change into jammies (yeah, you heard it here ... jammies ) and he says, "Here. I have a letter for you" ... " **** Something I would TOTALLY DO! hahaha

8. Im going to go take pics of my vases... be back :)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Okay... Here are my colors together... better...

The paisley is the fabric for my isle runner... Do you think it will go okay with my theme? It is just so sparkaley in person with the silver!

The tiffany blue I wanna use for the napkins...

The purple I wanna use for the flowers and feathers..

Oh and lots of crystals.. Ill have to take a pic of all of them! haha

bbcolorsa.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
these are my vases... but I have lots of different versions of them :)

bbvases.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 3:38:11 PM
Oh no!! LOL, I can''t believe they don''t even know what they''re selling. Maybe they should require 1 hour of dress perusing online a week to keep up with things...oy.
20.gif
That sucks that they were so unhelpful. I''ll post links/pics to my faves that I found, do what you will with them! I''ll start a new thread so as not to clog this one up. Who doesn''t love dress pics anyway?!
2.gif
Oh and I''m so jealous that you''re having your reception at Edgewater, it''s so pretty there!!

Thanks for doing this .... You''re so sweet!
4.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You made me laugh, BB - thanks!
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I don''t look like that right now ... I''ve gained a ton of weight and have struggling with that. I hope that when I get some of it off that it will look amazing on me.
Glad you like the church and the hotel as well ... The church has this crazy beautiful super long dramatic aisle. I want my dress to work the aisle not the other way around.
25.gif

I live in Vancouver, BC ... My fi lives in Seattle. Right now I am in the midst of trying to immigrate to the US so, hopefully, soon, I will live in Seattle.

Did you enjoy the ring thread?

Going to check out your vases!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 4:51:52 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

Date: 1/8/2009 3:38:11 PM
20.gif
2.gif

Thanks for doing this .... You''re so sweet!
4.gif
No prob! I had allll this info stored for shopping, and it took me all of 10 minutes to find my dress, so all this work should benefit someone!!
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 5:00:38 PM
No prob! I had allll this info stored for shopping, and it took me all of 10 minutes to find my dress, so all this work should benefit someone!!
9.gif
You are so lucky ... not only did you find it in 10 minutes but it is just so fabulous!!

** It''s confirmed, ladies - Jan 24, 2:30 w/Diane - Keasha was booked already.
15.gif
What have I gotten myself into???!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
what do you think of these for you???
31.gif
31.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Diane is good right??? Ill have to watch for her!

Did you like my vases??

What do you think of this necklace? I''d shorten it so it would be a chocker then have the extra hang down my back?? I wish I could see it in a store.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results