shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkalicious'' new Simon G engagement ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies,

I''m SO, SO, SO excited to share with you all that my bf proposed to me this weekend and we are FINALLY engaged!
36.gif

As some of you may have read, here or there, it has been a long time coming and we couldn''t be happier!

Here are some PICTURES of my beautiful new ring!!!

Specs - Center Stone

1.28 Carat, Round Brilliant
E, VS2
Depth - 61%
Table - 55%
Crown angle - 33.8
Pavilion angle - 41
Girdle - Med to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet - None
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Fluorescence - None

Measurements - 6.98 x 7.04 x 4.28 mm.

Specs - Setting and side stones

Simon G setting
.33 tw round diamonds F/G color, VS clarity
.46tw in princess cuts F/G color, VS clarity

The setting is two tone, white gold with yellow gold filigree detailing. Surprisingly, I''ve had to point out to people that there is yellow gold in the setting, it is so subtle. I thought that since yellow gold isn''t popular anymore, people would notice it right away ... nope. It''s just perfect. It''s a lovely accent but isn''t in anyways ostentatious or tacky. I love it and am so pleased that I took the plunge and decided to go with the yellow gold instead of with all white gold!

30.gif
30.gif

Now that I''m finished with the "important" stuff, here are some details about us and the proposal, if you are interested, please read on ....

We''ve been dating for almost 14 years so this has been a long time coming! We have been looking at rings for years but just got serious this past year. Long story short ... My setting has been finished since DECEMBER ... and he just proposed!

20.gif
25.gif

I had a sneaky suspicion that my FI.AN.CE (love it!

9.gif
) was going to propose this weekend, however, wasn''t positive. Saturday we went out to a concert and had a great time but still no proposal so I figured that it just wasn''t going to happen.
7.gif
No big deal right? ...
39.gif

Well, we got back to our hotel room and I decided to be a bit of a brat and rib him a little bit ... Inside our room, I start teasing him. I say, like the horrible person that I am ...
"HEY, I wore my proposal outfit tonight and now, IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO ASK ME TO MARRY YOU, I WON''T HAVE ANYTHING TO WEAR! ... Hmmpf! "
25.gif
It sounded just like that too except for with a smirk on my face and if I recall correctly some sticking out of tongue so he knew I was just giving him a hard time. I proceed to take off my proposal outfit, for dramatic effect, of course, and change into jammies (yeah, you heard it here ... jammies
38.gif
) and he says, "Here. I have a letter for you" ...

He then proceeds to hand me this letter ....

23.gif
6.gif
23.gif
6.gif
23.gif
6.gif
with a side of
32.gif
and
9.gif

It was all I could do not to grab it!

11.gif

Once in my possession, I clung to it like a crack fiend and flopped on the bed to read it. I was engrossed completely right from the start! It was INCREDIBLE! The most beautiful letter ever! Just incredible! I really lost track of time and everything. I was completely taken with his words.

The letter ended basically suggesting that he wants to marry me yet still rather vague and not directly asking those ever important words "Will you marry me?" ....
I''ll quote you a snippet from the end just b/c I can''t help myself and the beauty and meaning behind his letter touched me so deeply. I want to share so that maybe, just maybe you can have a glimpse into what a wonderful man I have ... The letter ends as follows:
"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, marry you, love you and do all that I can to take care of you and make you happy. You just need to say yes and allow me to try. I love you."
I know it''s horrible but despite all of that and everything leading up to it I still was clueless ... What does that mean??!
33.gif
Is this it?! Do I say yes or is he asking or not??! I turned around to ask him and ...

THERE HE WAS HOLDING THE RING BOX!!!

He actually got down on BOTH knees to tell me what he was feeling and then got on one knee to actually propose. Unfortunately, I don''t remember what he said exactly b/c I was so blown away (let me tell you I was never so glad that there was nothing to capture a picture of me in that moment in time). I just know that my mouth was wide open and I looked ridiculous just staring at him with glazed over, excitement riddled eyes ...

I couldn''t be more pleased with his proposal. It was PERFECTION! I''m so, so, so HAPPY!

36.gif

He says that he wrote the letter so that it could be kept as a keepsake, of sorts.. He wanted me to have a memento to keep as a part of our memory of this special day.

I''m really happy. I have an incredible man and I am truly blessed, honored and humbled that he has thought it fit to ask me to be his wife and partner in life. I love him so much. I think we''ll be a great team!

Thanks for letting me share our little story. Now to the good stuff ....
Pics to follow!
I hope you like the ring!
I have to say that the ring looks SO much more delicate in real life. It is GORGEOUS and I wish that I could show each and every one of you in person. ...

I''ll try and get better pics but this is what I took to get it started ...
So it begins ...

*disclaimer* No magic mani was performed before this proposal, thus fingers and nails look horrible ... please excuse

Ringboxhandandletter1.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Ring box.

Smart guy ... wouldn''t open the box until he asked the question so that I wouldn''t be distracted. He knows much about the affliction from which we all suffer and knew better than to distract me.
2.gif

SimonG box closed and possessing the goods1.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Tada! My pretty is revealed. [:tongue:}

Simon G box open sesame babee1.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Sitting pretty.

Sparkalicious Simon G 1a.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
18.gif

Sparkalicious Simon G taking in some rays1.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Arrows, anyone?
9.gif

It''s not the best shot but I was happy I was able to capture them at all ... Gimme a break here, ladies!
3.gif

Sparkalicious Simon G shooting some arrows1.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
... and a little FIRE too!
36.gif

Sparkalicious FIRE.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
The prongs are much more refined in real life and don''t have such a clunky appearance in real life. I''m so sorry that they seem to come out in pictures that way. It''s too bad b/c the ring is just gorgeous in real life. (can I say that, myself?

Sparkalicious profile shot1a.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Another profile shot

Sparkalicious profile shot 2.jpg

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
JUST BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations - I love how it sparkles and is so white and I''m sure you do too!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG your story made me teary that was just beautiful, how utterly romantic and sweet :)

Your ring is stunning just magnificent :) I bet you are over the moon I know I would be

:)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Close up of detail ... milgraining and sidestones.

Sparkalicious side detail shot.jpg

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Oh CONGRATS!!! That is such a sweet story, great proposal, and YUMMY RING!!! I am so happy for you. Enjoy your engagement. Wishing you health and happiness.
35.gif

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
great proposal. lovely ring. Best wishes!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
More detail and getting a little risque showing some "tummy".
1.gif

Sparkalicious side and tummy.jpg

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sparkalicious,

CONGRATS on your engagement and the gorgeous ring!! I love the profile shots.

Wear in good health always :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
That''s all for right now. I will report back with more pics AFTER a manicure!

Any requests?
1.gif

Thanks for taking the time to look and read!
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great story! Congratulations.

Love the ring, and love even more the letter, so you can always recall the moment.

Gotta say, you have lasted 14 years, I too think you will make a great team, you already are one! You have lasted longer than many marriages, so you are doing something right!

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement - I loved your story
36.gif
36.gif

What a lovely ring, and look at those arrows! Beautiful
9.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
im so happy for you congrats!!!!!
your ring is beautiful!!!

do you mind me asking your ring size?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Anna0499 - I appreciate your kind words. Thank you so much. I continue to be amazed at how white the diamond is and how it sparkles. It is a hazard when driving. It''s just too easy to get distracted.
I''m so glad that you think it is beautiful!
21.gif

Deelight - Awww. THANK YOU! I AM over the moon
9.gif

Now you know how I feel. The letter was just awesome and more than I could ever ask for romantic. He did such a good job!

I''m happy that you think my ring is stunning! It IS really beautiful in person but I was kind of hesitant to post since it isn''t the PS standard with a dainty thin band. It looks like gigantor in the pics next to so many other rings but it is just so perfect and looks terrific on my finger. I''m really glad you like it ... thank you!

I remember how supportive you were when I posted a while back about some co-workers not taking a liking to some stock pics of the setting. I was so appreciative of your kindness and support so THANK YOU again.
35.gif
I think you''re pretty fantastic!

If you would like an update ... those same co-workers ... slack-jawed and l.o.v.i.n. it!
23.gif
They think it is GORGEOUS and kept on gushing over it ... I couldn''t help but make mention about it being the one that they did NOT like a couple of months ago and they were like ... what?! Couldn''t be .. it can''t look the same. Ha ha! I know it''s horrible but we can get so sensitive about our jewelry, can''t we?
25.gif

Hairgirl95 - Thanks for reading the story, complimenting the ring and for sharing in my excitement!
1.gif

I really think that we will enjoy the engagement .. wedding planning? ... not so much but the engagement period ... definitely!

Krisvrn - Thank you for taking the time to read my epic tale, for stopping in to comment and for the best wishes!

HeartingDiamonds - You love MY profile shots?!! THANK YOU!
36.gif
I love the detail work as well. Actually, it was what first drew me and my fiance to this setting. The "u-prong" that exposes the daimond and the detailed profile are our favorite parts! The workmanship is really phenomenal. How do they do this stuff?

Diamondfan - What a terrific comment! Thank you. I have been thinking about ways to have the letter preserved b/c I would be devastated if anything happened to it. I think you''re right too ... If push came to shove and I had to choose either the ring or the letter ... I would choose the letter. It was THAT wonderful to me. Don''t tell my fiance though b/c push may actually come to shove.
25.gif
11.gif

He is fantastic and I know it will be challenging as any partnership or anything actually worth having can be but it should be interesting and even more rewarding. Thank you for the encouragement and I''m glad that you like the ring as well.

PrettyBlues - Not bad, huh?! I snapped the picture and said triumphantly "I got them!"
20.gif
My neighbours must think I''m nuts ... Oh well?! What wouldn''t I do in the pursuit of the perfect diamond picture?
16.gif

Thank you for the compliment!

Emilina - Is HUGE and SWOLLEN a size?
7.gif

My paws are a size 8, at present. My fingers are actually quite swollen in the pictures as well. What''s a girl to do ... I was hoping to lose some weight before the proposal so that my fingers could be my regular size but nope ... not enough time! Oh well. I got the ring and it fits so it''s all good!
Why did you wish to know? Were you feeling bad for me with my gargantuan hand?
25.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks hun your so very very welcome :) I always look forward to your posts :) they are always filled with such a positive energy :) I think your really special yourself :D, you definitely have an awesome vibe in your posts :)

Your ring sits perfectly on your finger like a match made in heaven :). I can see why your co-workers are eating their words it is truly beautiful all those gorgeous little details really set it apart :). Hehehehe they can drool from afar cause it is all yours :D:D:D.

Your ring is definitely PS standards IMHO in that it is a beautiful piece of sparkly yumminess that is worthy of being drooled over :).

I think some flower shots are definitely in order :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 3:24:19 AM
Author: Deelight
Your ring is definitely PS standards IMHO in that it is a beautiful piece of sparkly yumminess that is worthy of being drooled over :).

I think some flower shots are definitely in order :)
Thank YOU.
emembarrassed.gif

Flower shots ... I tried! I was hoping no one would mention them.
40.gif
I will keep trying. By the time I get a well needed manicure and take more pics, there should be more flowers out and I will take some more pics for you!
I want to take more showing off my gorgeous diamond. I love that thing ... It''s perfection to me.
30.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i was curious because your stone looks huge on your hand i actually had to look back at the size!!

dont you worry about your hands i have chubbier ones at an 8.5 its a trademark from my dads side so i love my chubby little fingers!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 3:37:32 AM
Author: emilina22
i was curious because your stone looks huge on your hand i actually had to look back at the size!!

dont you worry about your hands i have chubbier ones at an 8.5 its a trademark from my dads side so i love my chubby little fingers!
Emilina! You are my new favorite person in the world ... "looks huge on your hand"!! REALLY!
36.gif
Thanks! My diamond looks huge to me but I thought that was just b/c it is mine and I love it so thank you! A girl can''t hear that enough, can she?!
9.gif

Yay! Another chubby finger PSer ... I''m actually just irritated or bitter with mine right now as they were quite swollen over the weekend. Boo to that, huh?!

Thanks again for the compliments. I''m so glad you like the ring!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s FAB, many congrats on your stunning ring and engagement!!!
35.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohooooooooo!!!!!!!! Congratulations Sparkalicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

GORGEOUS ring!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats spark...what a sweet, sweet proposal and your ring looks amazing on you...gorgeous stone and perfect setting!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sparkalicious - WOW! Beautiful, and bout time girl!!
11.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results