shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkalicious!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 4:12:28 AM
Author: honey22
Hey Spark! Is dress #1 a Maggie Sottero gown? I tried on one very much like that and it was gorgeous!!! I really love that dress.
Hiya!!
35.gif

Why yes Ms. Honey, it is! Good eye.

Really?! You tried a similar one on and liked it, huh?
31.gif
Thanks for letting me know. I''m so glad that it was gorgeous. Why didn''t you go with that one then?? Did the other one edge it out slightly for another reason? I''m really shocked at how beautiful the material looks and feels.

I wish that I could try one on but I can''t.
39.gif

I''m really stuck b/n the poofy one and this MS one now. Although the price diff is ridiculous, the poofy one makes my heart sing, since I can''t afford the Lazaro one, a little bit louder as it really captures that WOW that I''m looking for for me. If I were able to try them on, I''m sure that it would make the decision a little easier.

I''m thinking that if I get the less expensive one, that I will have more money available to alter it to something that is more "wow" to me. Thoughts?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh BB! I''m SO super tempted. Truly. I''m so nervous though b/c I''ve always felt that you get what you pay for and seeing as I don''t have that much time, with my wedding being in September of this year etc .... I''m not sure that I should risk it. Had I have known about them sooner, I might have taken the chance, just like you, since there is time to get a different dress should it not work out.

I''ve been reviewing their forum - Thanks for the link. When will this dress hunt insanity stop???!! I sure wish that they were able to hurry up with your dress so that I could get a review from you before I have to order anything.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:11:21 PM
Author: thing2of2
Sparks, I''m sorry stuff isn''t going well right now. I just wanted to say that I really love the dresses you posted and I also love the one bb posted!

Don''t kill me but I would be really scared to get a replica made from Julius just because the beading is so intricate...I know, totally unsolicited opinion, but I always think you get what you pay for!

Anyway, I hope things start looking up for you soon!
Thanks so much T2o2! Appreciate it. Things are looking up and so are my spirits but I appreciate the support!
emrose.gif

I hear you about being scared. That was my initial reaction and don''t necessarily feel as though that will be the right decision for me given my time crunch. I don''t want to be devastated by getting something that is not what I was expecting and then having to scramble to replace it. Can you imagine? Who needs that drama?! It''s horrible though b/c who can beat that pricing??!! Amazing. As you did say though ... you do get what you pay for ... at least most of the time. Your opinion is always welcome!

Of the two most recently posted dresses, which do you prefer and why? Would you mind sharing??

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
in response to Things comment... I dont think its far to knock something down if you havent tried it... yes in the past they got bad reviews but that was a long time ago and they have come a LONG way.. seriously... I have followed them for ATLEAST a year... and i did my research and they have changed factorys and they are very good at their dresses now! Have you seen the pics on there?? Search on wedding wire too... alot more happy brides with pics of their dresses!! I definitely think they could replicate the Jim Hjelm for you and it would look awesome! Maybe just send them an email anyways and see what it would cost ya know? It cant hurt! If you talk to Allison she is really cool and so helpful! I am going to email her at the end of the month to see how my dress is coming along.. it usually takes like 60 days to get it but since it was Lunar New Year it is taking a little longer.. but hopefully it will be done sooner!

So I went shopping today....
I got a dress, necklace, and bracelet from white house black market for like $65 or something crazy... i saw the necklace the other day but it was $40 then on sale! I went to the outlet one and it was only $15!!!!! crazy huh! I also bought my pink shoes! Ill have to take pics and post them! I am excited.. I almost bought these ones but Im glad I didnt because I really love these and Im going to add BLING to them!! :)

Also.. what do you think of the ones im attaching?? I kinda want to get these too... so they can be my shoes I leave the reception in :) OH and I havent told you about my idea for a dress yet either have I? ;-)

bbwantsthese.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 1:11:42 PM
Author: sunnyd
I love #1!! That bubble hem is too cute. I think it fits the glam feel quite nicely too.
1.gif
Hey Sunny! Thanks so much for your input!!
36.gif

Do you think that I could alter it a little bit to sort of have the effect of the #2 dress? That''s what I''m thinking about doing ... I want it to be a little more "WOW" or dramatic.

What do you think?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
did u like any of the dresses i posted??? i can keep looking! :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay BB ... You''ve convinced me. I''m going to email them to inquire. I just can''t resist. Maybe I will end up being a 2 dress bride. I''ll get one "just in case" and the other that will hopefully make me feel like a million bucks on a $20 budget. Wouldn''t that be great to get 2 dresses for less than the price of the one that I really want??!! Yikes! Maybe, just maybe, I can have my cake and eat it too!

I checked out their BBB rating and it''s really not bad at all 5 complaints in the last 36 months. Given the volume they deal with, that is nothing. I''ll let you know what they say about the JH dress.
11.gif
I think that I might ask for Allison.

Shopping??! How was the bridal show? Any good?!
I love WHBM - They have great stuff. I''m addicted to black and white so I have to stay away from that store. What a great deal on the bracelet. It''s amazing how they can have the same stuff in different locations for different prices!

Yay for pink shoes - Pics, please??!!

Are you holding out on me?! Dress, idea, please?!! What do I think about the shoes you attached - They''re gorgeous, of course!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 8:00:25 PM
Author: blondebunny
did u like any of the dresses i posted??? i can keep looking! :)
Oh geez! I''m so sorry. I totally forgot to respond to that. I got wrapped up in the JB thing.

I did like a couple of them, yes - thank you! Unfortunately, I''ve seen them all before and none of them really spoke to me.

What''s wrong with me? I think I''m like the worst bride ever when it comes to dresses.
40.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh BB! Lookey here ... Look what I found.
Click here

I''ve sent an email. I don''t like the back as much as the original but I''m pretty sure that they would be able to make it more to my request, I think.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! its almost the same!!! Ive seen that one before.. I knew I saw a dress like that jim hjelm before!! I definitely think they can change the back to what you want... and probably for free... they always said minor alterations are free :) and then if you want silk its like $200 or $250 more!!! OMG did you contact them about that dress????? Oh and if you are a member of the forum u get free shipping!! :) so just join and make a post under a few things.. my name on there is fairytaleblonde :)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I just saw this and I think JB might have made it.... so it would give a good idea of the quality :)
click me!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
BB - You are a super sleuth!! Thanks.
The one that you found that you think is by JB is okay but it is not as good as the one on their website, I don''t think .... I prefer the one on the website b/c it doesn''t have those big pearl things in the lace applique.
In reading up about JB I saw that info but thank you for the heads up ... joining now!

I''m still not positive about all of this ... It''s so not me but beggars can''t be choosers, right?

I think that if I do go ahead with this that it will be fun to have as a DSDD! Wow from a no dress bride to possibly a 2 dress bride in one day! HA!

I''m awaiting a response to my email. Thanks for the great tip. You rock!

Does their site go down often? I just went to go take a look at the forums and can''t connect now. Boo!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 7:54:39 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

Date: 2/8/2009 1:11:42 PM
I love #1!! That bubble hem is too cute. I think it fits the glam feel quite nicely too.
1.gif
Hey Sunny! Thanks so much for your input!!
36.gif

Do you think that I could alter it a little bit to sort of have the effect of the #2 dress? That''s what I''m thinking about doing ... I want it to be a little more ''WOW'' or dramatic.

What do you think?
Hmmm well as someone with NO sewing sense, I''d say it could be done. But it would need a lot more fabric in the front or the pick ups would make it come up to your knees.
3.gif
Maybe you could order it with extra length and see what could be done? That''s a big gamble though...LOL sorry I''m not much help.
40.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
ya i after i saw it I didnt think it was the same.. i kept looking at the beading thinking something was strange??

hmmm nothing is down for me.. its working?? ive never had it go down before.. so that is weird.. I think they might be on "vacation" until tomorrow so they should respond right away tomorrow if not.. Ill email them and MAKE them! :)

what is DSDD??? its late and im lost LOL..

Ok so my idea for my get away dress was going to be a feather fringe dress I might have posted it before but ill post it again... but I wanted it in white and I was going to do the feathers in white down to blue.. like almost "dip dying" it... I was going to do purple but now I think I might do blue because I think the purple is way to VIBRANT and I will have a hard time matching shoes to it... i really like the purple of the shoes i just showed u BUT I think they are more of a berry than a vibrant purple.. PLUS our get away car is a blue corvette so... i think it''ll go awesome and then I can get those shoes in blue right?? FI really wants to get them for me :) He was like you dont want those blue manolo blahniks shoes?? Im like uhh ya i''d love them but they are $$$ and then we saw them today :) So I think they might be cool too ya know???

bbdressinspiration1.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
so just think of it fading from dark blue to light blue to white from the bottom up???

Okay these are identical to my shoes... minus the rhinestones... BUT ill add those! :)

bbnewpinkshoes.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:09:42 AM
Hmmm well as someone with NO sewing sense, I''d say it could be done. But it would need a lot more fabric in the front or the pick ups would make it come up to your knees.
3.gif
Maybe you could order it with extra length and see what could be done? That''s a big gamble though...LOL sorry I''m not much help.
40.gif
Oh gosh!
23.gif
How horrible!! Can you imagine???!!!!!
I think that I''ll leave well enough alone and maybe just change the skirt shape to be a little more trumpety instead of Aline and focus on the bustle at the back.

I shuddered at the thought of the unintentional knee high pick ups. Ugh!
14.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You will totally rock that dress! FAB!!!!! I love, love, love the idea. You wouldn''t, by chance, be a Leo, would you? You have a flair for drama like Leo''s. I know one very well --> me.
31.gif

and those shoes YUM! I can only imagine it. You need to bling out my shoes for me. You and Freke need to go into the shoe blinging business.
25.gif

It''s back up and I''ve emailed Allison as well.
9.gif
I can''t sign in though?? Weird.

designer stunt double dress.
3.gif

YAY to FI getting you the MB''s ... Umm, why wouldn''t you want to marry that man?!! What a saint!
17.gif

I think that if that fading is done right, it will be amazing! I love that idea!!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
ya i think they have to approve u before you can sign in! whats ur name??? :) same one??

I have totally been thinking lately I might get a shop in etsy and start making jewelry and stuff.. I did it when I was younger and EVERYONE always wanted it... So I have been trying to think about what I could make and stuff... Ill let you know what I do decide though! :) I have been so bad at spending $$ lately LOL.. I just want to BUY everything I need for the wedding now and then just pay it off over the year... bad I know.. but I see a deal or special and think... WELL they might do that again.. I need it NOW! LOL

OK if you go turn on WE tv the Rich Bride Poor Bride show the one titled "Blast from the Past" they put feather boas on there chairs :) let me know what you think! :)

I have had a headache since last night and i have taken everything and it wont go away :( My skin cancer is also coming back and part of it is sore :( I need to go back to the dermo :( I have been missing being tan lately I feel so blah!

I might start gluing crystals on my shoes though....hmmmm :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yep. Same.

Yay to Etsy. Do it! It would be simple for you. Just make a few extras of whatever you are creating for yourself, for example. I''m sure that people will snap stuff up. You are very talented.

I think that while you are buying a lot of things, you are also being cost-conscious, therefore, you can''t be too hard on yourself. Your deals really are deals and if you are serious about using the items, then better purchased sooner than later.

I do watch Rich Bride/Poor Bride. I don''t recall that episode, I''ll see if I can find it online.

Please go to sleep and get some rest to help with that headache AND go to the derm about that skin cancer! Umm, scary!

No glueing - Bed for you!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Sparks! Tough choice between the 2 because they''re so different! I think I like #2 the best of the 2 dresses you posted just because it has more going on than #1, and I especially like the bodice and the neckline. However, I really do like #1 also, and it definitely feels a bit more classic. BUT I am not necessarily one for a classic gown (as evidenced by my pink poofy number), so that''s not really a plus or minus in my book, just thinking out loud! (I know I''m not very helpful!)

Which one do you love? You''re the bride so your opinion counts the most!
1.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:47:33 AM

Date: 2/9/2009 12:09:42 AM
3.gif
40.gif
Oh gosh!
23.gif
How horrible!! Can you imagine???!!!!!
I think that I''ll leave well enough alone and maybe just change the skirt shape to be a little more trumpety instead of Aline and focus on the bustle at the back.

I shuddered at the thought of the unintentional knee high pick ups. Ugh!
14.gif
LOL I can totally picture it in my head...not pretty. I do love that dress though. The fabric looks so rich and buttery.
18.gif

Oh jeez I have another crazy Princess Bride story too. I''m beginning to wonder how these places stay in business...so when I bought my dress at the show, I also was supposed to get a 2-1 cruise ticket and a veil. They didn''t have the ticket vouchers at the show because of the snow, so they would mail them out when they got them. Well a month goes by with nothing, so I finally emailed about it and asked how the veil offer worked. Apparently they ''skipped'' over my name when they mailed them out. And oh yeah, you had to take your veil from the show.
29.gif
What?! I didn''t remember them even mentioning the veil at all, then I talked to my mom and FMIL and the consultant told them that the veils weren''t here, we could go to the shop and pick one up. Very ridiculous...
38.gif
I''m definitely not bringing my dress back there for alterations. They frighten me.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
ok so I just glued a few on last night so I could see how they looked.. and with the metallic stiletto part.. it looks awesome... so much more sparkley in person!

My headache STILL hasnt gone away.. its getting worse... I have an appt with the dr tonight at 7:30pm so hopefully they can give me better medicine or something.. my car is supposed to be done tomorrow... but he said it would probably be LATE tomorrow....geeez... I havent even started to study yet.. I should have all day but my head is just killing me its so hard to try to focus!

bbpinkrhinestoneshoesunfinished2.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
obviously not done... i gotta get some more rhinestones... im actually using swarovski ones because they sparkle more... LOL...I think I am going to do like 5-6 rows a day on them till they are done so I space it out LOL... they dont take that long but are definitely time consuming and frustrating because i have to put one on at a time!

bbpinkrhinestoneshoesunfinished.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Those are awesome BB! I envy your craftiness. Sorry about the headaches too, hopefully the doc will be able to help you.
7.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 5:27:43 PM
Those are awesome BB! I envy your craftiness. Sorry about the headaches too, hopefully the doc will be able to help you.
7.gif
thanks sunnyd... i still owe u that headband thing.. sorry i totally forgot! i hope my headaches go away took because its awful.. i dont wanna do anything just lay on the couch :(

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 5:32:03 PM
Author: blondebunny

Date: 2/9/2009 5:27:43 PM
7.gif
thanks sunnyd... i still owe u that headband thing.. sorry i totally forgot! i hope my headaches go away took because its awful.. i dont wanna do anything just lay on the couch :(
No worries! You were in a car accident, I forgive you. LOL...I think I might be changing to just a flower (see thread on BWW) anyway. Maybe...but I''d still love to see your headband when you get a chance!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 2:15:09 AM
Author: thing2of2
Hey Sparks! Tough choice between the 2 because they''re so different! I think I like #2 the best of the 2 dresses you posted just because it has more going on than #1, and I especially like the bodice and the neckline. However, I really do like #1 also, and it definitely feels a bit more classic. BUT I am not necessarily one for a classic gown (as evidenced by my pink poofy number), so that''s not really a plus or minus in my book, just thinking out loud! (I know I''m not very helpful!)

Which one do you love? You''re the bride so your opinion counts the most!
1.gif
38.gif
You''re right! You''re no help and, further to that my opinion sucks!!
25.gif
I love #2, of course. I think that I may have to compromise with #1 though. We''ll see. I''m totally not a "classic" gown type of gal either. I SO love your dress.

Thanks for sharing!! I''m glad that you like them both. Agh ... the trials and tribulations of a bride to be, huh?!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:51:09 AM
LOL I can totally picture it in my head...not pretty. I do love that dress though. The fabric looks so rich and buttery.
18.gif

Oh jeez I have another crazy Princess Bride story too. I''m beginning to wonder how these places stay in business...so when I bought my dress at the show, I also was supposed to get a 2-1 cruise ticket and a veil. They didn''t have the ticket vouchers at the show because of the snow, so they would mail them out when they got them. Well a month goes by with nothing, so I finally emailed about it and asked how the veil offer worked. Apparently they ''skipped'' over my name when they mailed them out. And oh yeah, you had to take your veil from the show.
29.gif
What?! I didn''t remember them even mentioning the veil at all, then I talked to my mom and FMIL and the consultant told them that the veils weren''t here, we could go to the shop and pick one up. Very ridiculous...
38.gif
I''m definitely not bringing my dress back there for alterations. They frighten me.
Rich & buttery! Yes! Love it!
18.gif

Ok ... Are you serious?!
33.gif
I don''t blame you at all for not wanting to deal with them. I should have known that something was up when my planner specifically stated that if I wanted to deal with them, she could not support/endorse that. She says that she has heard enough about them to know that they may not be on the up and up. I know, from just that one hardcore interaction with them, that they will NEVER get my business! Ugh! How terrible for you.

Okay. I say that you demand your tix and the veil. Let them know that you will be reporting them to the BBB if they do not follow through, as promised.

I''m so glad that you did get that beautiful dress for such a deal though ... Good thing that that is the extent to which you have to deal with them, though. Can you imagine if you HAD to get your alterations done through them? What a pain!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about the headaches, BB! I''m sure that the doctor will be able to help you with something to make them go away or at least not be so painful. Any news on the cat scan results?

The shoes look amazing and you know what - I love them, as is! I think that they look terrific and that, if you agree, you could stop right there instead of doing the entire heel. I think that the crystals, half way gives the shoes a definite panache. It seems higher impact to me than the full heel crystal ... I like both ways but seeing this pic, I really, really like the half way look.

Oh ... heard back from Allison! +$250 for silk satin & +$200 for French lace but she didn''t recommend the French Lace b/c it would be a waste of money. All in all, a really great deal and I think that I *might* go ahead. I''ve found lots of great pictures online so ... we''ll see. I''ll let you know what I decide. Thanks so much for your help. What would I do without you?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 6:19:06 PM

Date: 2/9/2009 11:51:09 AM
18.gif

29.gif
38.gif
Rich & buttery! Yes! Love it!
18.gif

Ok ... Are you serious?!
33.gif
I don''t blame you at all for not wanting to deal with them. I should have known that something was up when my planner specifically stated that if I wanted to deal with them, she could not support/endorse that. She says that she has heard enough about them to know that they may not be on the up and up. I know, from just that one hardcore interaction with them, that they will NEVER get my business! Ugh! How terrible for you.

Okay. I say that you demand your tix and the veil. Let them know that you will be reporting them to the BBB if they do not follow through, as promised.

I''m so glad that you did get that beautiful dress for such a deal though ... Good thing that that is the extent to which you have to deal with them, though. Can you imagine if you HAD to get your alterations done through them? What a pain!
Holy cow!!!
23.gif
So they''re THAT bad?! Yikes. Your experience was horrible, I do remember that. Luckily I did get my tix, and now I''m thinking I may just forego a veil anyway. I bet FMIL would call them though...I''d love to be there if she does. She''s great at that stuff, hahaha!

I think I''m gonna open a bridal shop in my next life and have the best customer service anyone''s ever seen! It''s like they don''t give a crap because you''re only shopping there once, not like trying to gain a lifetime customer.
20.gif
Stupid stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results