shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I've been toying with consigning with them, and they've been soliciting me heavily, but that really puts me off. Especially since most of my items would fall in the "cheaper" category, where the commissions are also insane.

Yeah that's crazy not to be able to approve or reject certain items. They mark some things up to 70% off.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea there was a physical store in nyc, if it's still there when I'm up there in April I'll go check it out in person! Not that I'm in the market, I just feel obligated to contribute to the sleuthing haha

Not sure where you are located, but they have multiple physical stores.

1710951528190.png

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I mean, I live in Brooklyn. The UES is practically another state! :lol:

I do go to the Brooklyn location regularly, but only to make returns. They actually have relatively little jewelry on display. I'm going to have to make an excursion at some point to the other stores just to see how they compare. You know, for research. :geek2:

Please do! There's not one anywhere near me. I tried to visit the San Francisco store but I didn't realize it had closed.

@lala646 -- I wouldn't sell anything under $300 with them. They're making a really big push for more expensive items ($1k and up) and want to get out of the cheaper item game. That's why the structure is so terrible for lower priced items. I sold a pair of Tiffany sunglasses and got like, $5 for them after the fees and markdowns. It was ridiculous. BUT, for some designer items it might be worth it. I sold a vintage Chanel bag for $1600 and got $1200 after fees. Fashionphile wanted to pay me $500 for the bag.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Please do! There's not one anywhere near me. I tried to visit the San Francisco store but I didn't realize it had closed.

@lala646 -- I wouldn't sell anything under $300 with them. They're making a really big push for more expensive items ($1k and up) and want to get out of the cheaper item game. That's why the structure is so terrible for lower priced items. I sold a pair of Tiffany sunglasses and got like, $5 for them after the fees and markdowns. It was ridiculous. BUT, for some designer items it might be worth it. I sold a vintage Chanel bag for $1600 and got $1200 after fees. Fashionphile wanted to pay me $500 for the bag.

Yeah, most of my items are in the $400-$2000 range, but non-branded, so I'd be looking at a 35-40% commission, which really sucks. Then add in the inability to direct on pricing decisions. So suddenly that $1000 piece could be discounted enough to fall into the lower price tier, and subject to the higher commission, and you're being hit twice.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m a sucker for inscriptions so I almost bought this band but I have too many bands. It’s a really great price though 20% off $225. The engraving could be touched up.

IMG_9857.png

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Which TRR location in NYC has the best selection? I'm going in June and, if you send me the sku number and it's still available, I can post pics and measurements.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Chunky 18k WG gypsy ring with OEC of indeterminate (but I think promising) quality - size 5.5. Light on details, but they do take returns.
1711121966567.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chunky 18k WG gypsy ring with OEC of indeterminate (but I think promising) quality - size 5.5. Light on details, but they do take returns.
1711121966567.png

It’s a beautiful earlier OEC, definitely something I would buy. I feel like the price is high for a 0.35ish carat stone, even accounting for scrap for gold. Maybe the price is fair but not a “deal”, though those are hard to come by and take a lot of time to find. And if someone likes the mounting that’s a whole different story re:value!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RRfromR
Wow, that's fabulous!
Would this be called en tremblant?
I bet that's Persian Turquoise.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
@RRfromR
Wow, that's fabulous!
Would this be called en tremblant?
I bet that's Persian Turquoise.

No idea but wow, $$$$

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea but wow, $$$$

For that kind of money, I'd want to know origin of the turquoise!
C'mon Fred.
But that's just me:lol-2:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, team. I did some legwork on your behalf today, and visited TheRealReal store on the Upper East Side/Madison Ave. and checked out the Single Stone ring. Regrettably, my pictures were pretty awful. But, I can confirm it's definitely not a size 1.25. The stone looked nice, but the weather today was beyond awful, so even with the store lighting, conditions were far from optimal. But little photo and video here. The setting is in gorgeous shape, btw.
20240323_154830.jpg

Surprisingly (to me at least), the jewelry display at the store was almost exactly the same as in Brooklyn (maybe they're the same in all stores?). Two relatively small cases, one of which was mostly watches, and the vast majority of the jewelry pieces on display were branded pieces - Tiffany, Cartier, VCA. Everything else is kept in the safe, and I had to ask a sales rep to get the piece for me to look at.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Ok, team. I did some legwork on your behalf today, and visited TheRealReal store on the Upper East Side/Madison Ave. and checked out the Single Stone ring. Regrettably, my pictures were pretty awful. But, I can confirm it's definitely not a size 1.25. The stone looked nice, but the weather today was beyond awful, so even with the store lighting, conditions were far from optimal. But little photo and video here. The setting is in gorgeous shape, btw.
20240323_154830.jpg

Surprisingly (to me at least), the jewelry display at the store was almost exactly the same as in Brooklyn (maybe they're the same in all stores?). Two relatively small cases, one of which was mostly watches, and the vast majority of the jewelry pieces on display were branded pieces - Tiffany, Cartier, VCA. Everything else is kept in the safe, and I had to ask a sales rep to get the piece for me to look at.

That is so awesome of you to do! It looks like a well cut stone to me but I'm not good at analyzing like some PSers are. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the setting. @lavenderdragonfly23 already found it was a size 5 (my size cough cough not like I need or can afford it) but they still have not changed the size on their website!!! They should to that because I doubt it will be around for long if they have the proper size listed.

The final sale ring that @winnietucker posted has been sold already...

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
20240323_154830.jpg

Gosh, that is so pretty! Though maybe we shouldn't get the listing corrected so the price goes down for @Mreader :evil2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone sdreenshot the emerald she posted with those pears? It's such a dream.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, brooch collectors! I wish the pictures were better, but I'm absolutely smitten with this one. The enamel looks to be in quite good shape, with minor loss.
1711377428749.png

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
ChatGPT is ruining descriptions. Nobody actually writes anything helpful anymore--it's all "The X is perfect for accessorizing with any outfit and is sure to be a stunning addition to any jewelry collection. Ideal for any occasion, this X is a must-have for jewelry enthusiasts and collectors alike" or "Add a touch of elegance to your outfit with this X. Crafted from high-quality materials, this piece features Y that are sure to catch the eye. The X is perfect for any occasion and can be worn as an accessory to any outfit. The vintage design adds a touch of sophistication and class, making it a timeless piece of jewelry. This is a one-of-a-kind piece that will make a great addition to any jewelry collection. Don't miss out on this opportunity to own a stunning piece of history."

EVERYTHING is now a timeless addition to any jewelry collection that is sure to catch the eye and add a touch of elegance to any outfit, perfect for any occasion.

Edited to say: When I think of all the fossil fuels being burned to tell us that everything for sale on ebay is a timeless piece that will never go out of style, perfect for any occasion, and will add a touch of elegance to any outfit, I despair for our planet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results