shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Next, I tried the chalcedony in wg. IRL, the stone glows a light blue color against my skin. The photo has greyed it down tremendously. It was dreamy...

7 IMG_8890.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Next up, the Sweet Long in WG with diamonds. Very dainty and sparkly. Photos do not show that it twinkles so much, it is blinding from across the room. I do, however, wish the motifs were larger.

8 IMG_8892.jpg 9 IMG_8874 vertical.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
SA said ALL the guilloché pieces are on back order and extremely difficult to come by. However, he did have one pendant, already sold, awaiting a client pick up. He carefully placed it around my neck while wearing black cotton gloves. It was magnificent! Lucky lady this is going to!

99 IMG_8895.jpg 999 IMG_8897.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Snowflake is a beautiful, timeless design!!! Just gorgeous on you!

So you didn't try on Magic size pendants? I like the size so much more than the vintage pendants for myself, especially since they can be worn long or short.

Sorry, I was on a posting roll...

Yes, I tried on one Magic pendant. I tried it short (wearing the chain doubled) and long.

While it was undoubtably beautiful, I found the Magic motif too large for me.

If I were to purchase a single motif pendant, I would need a size in-between the Magic and Vintage.

So, the look I like best is the Long Magic 20 motif (and double it). Second best its a tie between the 10 motif Vintage and the layered two pendant look.

I did not try on anything outside the Alhambra line, except the Snowflake, so that I could more fully process the line better. Keep it in my head as one complete memory. Next time I will venture into the Frivole and Cosmos lines.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'd love to know what everyone thinks -- a second set of eyes would be really helpful. Which one(s) do you think look best? Any you don't like? Be honest! My feelings will not be hurt :)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our sales associate brought out the necklaces one by one, fasting them around my neck.

The first was the Long Vintage Alhambra in mother of pearl with yellow gold. I loved the way it looked doubled. Classic and versatile. The perfect size.

2 IMG_8878.jpg

I think this one would be a good starter piece if you have other YG pieces to mix and match. It's such a classic and versatile necklace!

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto @m-2-b. They all look good on you, but the 20-motif MOP looks amazing. I also loved the guilloche and 10-motif blue agate.

@RunningwithScissors I'm seriously not kissing your butt here when I say that all of the pieces look great on you! My only advice would be echoing what @m-2-b said. Maybe choose what you feel would be the most "wearable"? Or go to the other side of the spectrum and pick the most lush option (in that case, I vote for the snowflake necklace ).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree that the perfect size short pendant is between the vintage and magic sizes! And guess what? It exists (20mm clover), but it is only made for location specific pieces such as the dark blue porcelain in Paris, and a couple of others (Japan and Hong Kong). You generally have to visit the cities to buy one since they aren't sold online. Why they don't add this size for all their stones (and solid gold and pave) is beyond me, because they would sell a LOT of them! If I get Magic, it will be primarily to wear long. I kind of want the wg onyx to wear with my onyx pave wg bracelet.

I think the yellow gold pieces especially look great on you and certainly all can mix with your platinum diamond staple pieces. I think the 20 motif mother of pearl in yg would be versatile and is beautiful on you. Some of the MOP pieces do come in wg if you wanted to do white metals. I think white gold and onyx would be the most versatile stones, but I also think it would be fun to have a couple of other colors such as the blue agate and carnelian.

The one thing I personally would not do is get two vintage pendants to layer. To me that is trendy (coming from someone who obviously likes classic/timeless!) and really is not the best look for Alhambra, imo. I think if I wanted to layer, it would be with a short bezeled diamond pendant and then the vintage Alhambra under it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so you’ll think I’m crazy but I think the onyx and YG 20 motif would look stunning on you, bold and would make a statement. It would looking amazing with your coloring.
2nd, I like the 20 motif chalcedony, but I love chalcedony so I may be biased.
3rd, 20 motif MOP and YG.

It’s great that you took perspective shots so we can see the scale of the 20 motifs on you. I would definitely go for a 20.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to look at anything after that snowflake necklace -- esp. the video and all that sparkle! Looks like it was made for you!

EDIT: Just priced it. And, coincidentally, we watched Ocean's Eight last night!

Last edited:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd love to know what everyone thinks -- a second set of eyes would be really helpful. Which one(s) do you think look best? Any you don't like? Be honest! My feelings will not be hurt :)

I vote 10-motif blue agate (although I wish it were lapis!), or doubling the single pendants. I opened my Alhambra book and this was the page (blue motifs!) C05F8E4B-10F5-4520-93F9-4E0405A1619E.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case anyone missed my post yesterday, the Alhambra book is still on sale today:

For Alhambra fans, if you don't already have the VCA Alhambra book, it is on sale at this moment on Amazon! I bought it when it first came out in 2018 for Alhambra's 50th anniversary for full price $75. Right now they have it marked at $43.88 with a coupon at check-out taking off $14.55 more! Final price is $29.33! I ordered another one since I have two daughters and hope to have a few Alhambra pieces for each of them.

Be sure to click the coupon box!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

The blue agate 10 motif looks beautiful on you! I’d also try the 10 motif in onyx and guilloche. As the guilloche really pops on you, I’d stack a single motif with a single motif carnelian. I don’t think the lighter colours suit your colouring.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Our sales associate brought out the necklaces one by one, fasting them around my neck.

The first was the Long Vintage Alhambra in mother of pearl with yellow gold. I loved the way it looked doubled. Classic and versatile. The perfect size.

2 IMG_8878.jpg

Thank you for all the details and pictures @RunningwithScissors ! I was excited to hear about your visit! This long vintage MOP necklace is my favorite on you. I just think you could wear it with everything.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moly they all looked fantastic on you. My first choice would be the 20 WG chalcedony then MOP as I find they are really wearable for any occasion. My dream piece would be the guilloche pave 20 so perhaps put that on your list as I think that would be stunning on you. Look forward to seeing how this unfolds for you :)

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Visiting VCA for the first time. I have five VCA pieces, but all bought online- so I've never had "the VCA experience". I have an appointment on Monday. I was wondering - should I wear my VCA pieces to my appointment at VCA?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Visiting VCA for the first time. I have five VCA pieces, but all bought online- so I've never had "the VCA experience". I have an appointment on Monday. I was wondering - should I wear my VCA pieces to my appointment at VCA?

Wear the pieces you may want to compare to pieces you are planning to try on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results