shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple pics from this afternoon ::) It actually fits better on my right wrist! And it's low-profile enough that I can type just fine! :appl:

I am LOVING this colour!! Rose gold is challenging for me - some variants, especially the very bright alloys that err purple, make me look pale and sickly... VCA's RG is my dream metal! Even the other half commented that "it suits" :love:

JJ_1.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

JJ_5.png

JJ_2.png

JJ_4.png

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple pics from this afternoon ::) It actually fits better on my right wrist! And it's low-profile enough that I can type just fine! :appl:

I am LOVING this colour!! Rose gold is challenging for me - some variants, especially the very bright alloys that err purple, make me look pale and sickly... VCA's RG is my dream metal! Even the other half commented that "it suits" :love:

JJ_1.png

JJ_5.png

JJ_2.png

JJ_4.png

Rose gold is sooo your color @yssie ! That bangle just sparkles from every angle on your wrist! Great photography as usual! :love::love::love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JJ_1.png

JJ_5.png

JJ_2.png

JJ_4.png

We really need a "LOVE" button...

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock

JJ_1.png

JJ_5.png

JJ_2.png

JJ_4.png

It's perfect. :kiss2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
December 2015:

Well, it took six years... But... Mine mine mine mine mine... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

It was just delivered to my office - couldn't possibly wait to open it at home.
@m-2-b, @Boom, @Phoenix, @HollyC, @kama_s - I've spent way more time than I want to admit trawling your pics.
Eeeeeeeeep!!!! :bigsmile:

Wow! Finally! hahaha

Welcome to the Perlee club! It looks GORGEOUS on you!! Enjoy it in great health and happiness.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It certainly does suit you in the rose gold. So elegant and lovely on you @yssie !

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm new to the world of VCA. I've always loved the iconic design of the Alhambra, the Cosmos and many of their collections, but I've never been in a store or tried any on.

Well, that's about to change! After looking at this entire thread in one sitting (my brain is on fire, but I think both legs fell asleep!) I have called up my local VCA and scheduled an appointment!

I'm so excited! Monday I'm going in! (They assured me they are being super strict with safety measures only letting in two scheduled, masked, customers at a time, temp checks, etc. And this store is a stand alone, not the mall version as I refuse to go inside a mall.)

Oh gosh, I feel a new addiction coming on!

My SA said that right now there is a shortage of many of the Vintage Alhambra pieces I've requested to see. They will bring in as many as they can get ahold of, but apparently VCA in general almost sold out many of their pieces and US stock hasn't been replenished yet since the Christmas holidays.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm new to the world of VCA. I've always loved the iconic design of the Alhambra, the Cosmos and many of their collections, but I've never been in a store or tried any on.

Well, that's about to change! After looking at this entire thread in one sitting (my brain is on fire, but I think both legs fell asleep!) I have called up my local VCA and scheduled an appointment!

I'm so excited! Monday I'm going in! (They assured me they are being super strict with safety measures only letting in two scheduled, masked, customers at a time, temp checks, etc. And this store is a stand alone, not the mall version as I refuse to go inside a mall.)

My SA said that right now there is a shortage of many of the Vintage Alhambra pieces I've requested to see. They will bring in as many as they can get ahold of, but apparently VCA in general almost sold out many of their pieces and US stock hasn't been replenished yet since the Christmas holidays.

OMG @RunningwithScissors ! I just saw you post on this thread and thought..."oh dear...if she falls in love, there will be many more posts..." :appl: :Up_to_something: (I mean as you go through your journey.)

So take lots and lots of pics and post modeling pics. We share everything VCA related on this thread, even stuff we don't buy.

And so true about stock right now though. Chinese New Year is coming up so stock in Asian countries is low, and V-day is almost here, and Christmas wasn't far back. Are there any pieces you were considering?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which reminds me I got this preloved. I bought it once before and returned it because it felt too heavy. But I have missed it since. I tried to find cheaper versions that would scratch the itch but with no success.

36489DAA-7B55-469E-9D10-FBF2738467D6.jpeg

Attachments

• FA035BEB-39DF-4F1B-8C72-CF060306F480.jpeg
    FA035BEB-39DF-4F1B-8C72-CF060306F480.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 12

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!! Sometimes ya just gotta get the "OG" of jewels to scratch that itch.
Love the rose gold!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
OMG @RunningwithScissors ! I just saw you post on this thread and thought..."oh dear...if she falls in love, there will be many more posts..." :appl: :Up_to_something: (I mean as you go through your journey.)

So take lots and lots of pics and post modeling pics. We share everything VCA related on this thread, even stuff we don't buy.

And so true about stock right now though. Chinese New Year is coming up so stock in Asian countries is low, and V-day is almost here, and Christmas wasn't far back. Are there any pieces you were considering?

Your new earrings are gorgeous! It is exciting to read about your collection growing (and all the other ladies collections too!)

You asked about what I'm considering. I think I'm going to start with either a necklace or bracelet in one of the Alhambra styles. I don't know which Alhambra style I'll like best in person, and I also don't know which stone color will work best with my pink-ish skin tone.

So I've asked to see Vintage Alhambra pendant necklaces (one motif) in carnelian, onyx, mop and white gold with diamonds. I've asked to see the 10 motif necklace and matching bracelet in Vintage in white gold and the long Sweet Alhambra in rose gold.

I would have liked to have added about 5 more to that list, but I felt bad asking to have too many brought in when I can't make an immediate purchase. I'm planning on asking for a piece for my b-day in May, and with my husband, I need to tell him exactly which piece, and he needs "time to digest the idea" so I'm not starting the process as early as it seems!

I will make sure I take lots of pics and share!

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new earrings are gorgeous! It is exciting to read about your collection growing (and all the other ladies collections too!)

You asked about what I'm considering. I think I'm going to start with either a necklace or bracelet in one of the Alhambra styles. I don't know which Alhambra style I'll like best in person, and I also don't know which stone color will work best with my pink-ish skin tone.

So I've asked to see Vintage Alhambra pendant necklaces (one motif) in carnelian, onyx, mop and white gold with diamonds. I've asked to see the 10 motif necklace and matching bracelet in Vintage in white gold and the long Sweet Alhambra in rose gold.

I would have liked to have added about 5 more to that list, but I felt bad asking to have too many brought in when I can't make an immediate purchase. I'm planning on asking for a piece for my b-day in May, and with my husband, I need to tell him exactly which piece, and he needs "time to digest the idea" so I'm not starting the process as early as it seems!

Alhambra can be hit or miss for people, it seems. For me, personally, I love my earrings but I have no particular desire for other pieces (except the solid stone Sweets - I want the full set). Exhibit A: My mother has commandeered my onyx Vintage bracelet and I haven’t seen it in a year, and I can’t say I miss it! Though I still salivate over other PSers’ fab collections. @LLJsmom’s, @diamondseeker2006’s, @m-2-b’s.

My favourite collection is probably the Frivole. The pieces are just so darn cute. Followed by Cosmos, which I know is not one of their more popular lines, but I can’t resist the bubbly MOP and pave combo :love:

If your store has any letterwood pieces - you might ask to see those. From the few photos you’ve posted here I think the dark, striated wood in RG would be GLORIOUS on you. That material has such a special heritage, too.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Alhambra can be hit or miss for people, it seems. For me, personally, I love my earrings but I have no particular desire for other pieces (except the solid stone sweets - I want the full set). Exhibit A: My mother has commandeered my onyx Vintage bracelet and I haven’t seen it in a year, and I can’t say I miss it! Though I still salivate over other PSers’ fab collections. @LLJsmom’s, @diamondseeker2006’s, @m-2-b’s.

My favourite collection is probably the Frivole. The pieces are just so darn cute. Followed by Cosmos, which I know is not one of their more popular lines, but I can’t resist the bubbly MOP and pave combo :love:

If your store has any letterwood pieces - you might ask to see those. From the few photos you’ve posted here I think the dark, striated wood in RG would be GLORIOUS on you. That material has such a special heritage, too.

Thank you for the letterwood suggestion. I don't think I've ever seen letterwood in person. I do love rose gold.

Do you think it would be bad of me to ask to see a few more pieces when I am not going to be purchasing for another 2 months? I am planning to purchase, and I'm not wasting the SA's time, but this trip is research to determine what looks good and what does not, so I'm feeling shy about asking for too much to be brought in for me.

Your Frivole bracelet is gorgeous, and so is your new Clover!

What is it that you don't like about your onyx bracelet? That is one I'm definitely considering. I like its bold pattern.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the letterwood suggestion. I don't think I've ever seen letterwood in person. I do love rose gold.

Do you think it would be bad of me to ask to see a few more pieces when I am not going to be purchasing for another 2 months? I am planning to purchase, and I'm not wasting the SA's time, but this trip is research to determine what looks good and what does not, so I'm feeling shy about asking for too much to be brought in for me.

What is it that you don't like about your onyx bracelet? That is one I'm definitely considering. I like its bold pattern.

Not at all. If you don’t try how can you decide to buy? I think your SA would be happy to help you ::)

The onyx... Its just the motif style, I think. I tend to like foofy jewellery. Alhambra is two-dimensional and bold. By design of course. It’s just that that’s not really my style. The onyx motifs are hardy - my mother is terrible for jewellery and the bracelet has held up shockingly well.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No way! You should ask to see AS MANY AS TIME ALLOWS. And if you have a savvy SA, they will be more than happy to show you a TON, and should suggest even more that you might be interested in. They should be absolutely fine that you aren't buying yet. It often takes people time to digest the look of each piece. And there are plenty sitting in the case that you would never even consider, but once you have it on, you go "wow...ok...", and then the obsession begins. Take lots of photos. Have the SA also take perspective shots from a distance as well. They will be happy to fuel the addiction. Trust me. I am dying to make into a boutique, but I only have one at NM where I live, and I am trying very hard NOT to go in until I at least finish the current project... Until then, I have to live vicariously through you.

GIRD YOUR LOINS AND TRY EVERYTHING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock

I'm excited to see what your first piece will be. Enjoy yourself and @LLJsmom is right, your SA will be more than happy for you to try things on.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock

May I ask how much time they are giving you for the appointment?

I've never been to a VCA store - my VCA purchasing has been done over the phone . The closest location to me is about three hours away. I would like to visit - but I feel a bit intimidated though.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JJ_1.png

JJ_5.png

JJ_2.png

JJ_4.png

Such an INCREDIBLE piece and it looks AMAZING on you!! :kiss2: I'm so happy you finally got what you truly wanted! Nothing else ever really compares, don't you agree? Enjoy!

My SA brought it out for me to try once and it was gorgeous....although it was the rg one and I would probably want it in yg!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! These are getting harder to find as I understand so you're very lucky indeed!

Thank You. Yes I think the production stoped on the current lucky pieces as the new one is available next month

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank You. Yes I think the production stoped on the current lucky pieces as the new one is available next month

Is this the new ‘Lucky Spring’ collection that’s only available on the VCA China website? I wonder when it will be available in Europe 13BB0444-4F5E-49F5-979E-317BB7848FD7.png
4A4B8C01-1DCA-437B-9AC8-B620D6CBACB9.png

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is this the new ‘Lucky Spring’ collection that’s only available on the VCA China website? I wonder when it will be available in Europe 13BB0444-4F5E-49F5-979E-317BB7848FD7.png
4A4B8C01-1DCA-437B-9AC8-B620D6CBACB9.png
Oh, cute! I prefer the open one.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my first piece of VCA recently - rose gold medium perlee ring:
IMG_0359.jpeg

Congratulations! It looks wonderful on you. The shine on the perlee collection is just amazing. (A perlee band was my first boutique purchase too.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results