shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
A lot of the flagship stores have their own special piece. NY has the onyx and WG long magic. Hong Kong has the carnelian pendant in a size between magic and vintage. Paris has the blue sevres porcelain with WG, I believe. Japan has the ginza version, which I think is a size between magic and vintage. Not sure. I think there are other versions at other stores.

That HK carnelian pendant would be my dream!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally think Alhambra earrings with Alhambra necklace is just too much Alhambra at once. I would much prefer a mated but non-identical design - fortunately VCA creates their “main” lines to all work together! Rose de Noel or Frivole earrings and Alhambra twenty motif would be a fresh and complementary combo.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
20 Motif Long Vintage Alhambra Necklace

This is the style I'm going to save my pennies for.

While I don't often wear long necklaces, I do wear "chunky" ones. I love big, bold & artsy in the necklace department and I LOVE the way the VCA Vintage Alhambra looks doubled.

When I was a kid, other kids called me a giraffe and it made me cry. I guess I have a lot of neck real estate to cover LOL. As an adult I'm totally at peace with my body. So bring on the VCA double strands!!! (Maybe this giraffe should wear her double strand VCA to her next high school reunion?)

Llama-wears-pearls.jpg

Ok, so this is a llama and she's not wearing VCA, but you get the idea.

@RunningwithScissors the 20 motif necklace is perfect doubled. Are you only considering the stones or would you like the all hammered necklaces?

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I finally visited a VCA boutique yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't think I had the same experience as many of you have had. It was a cold, drizzly and overall dreary day yesterday- and we had to walk a bit from where our car was parked, which probably didn't help. I was not made to feel "special" in any way- maybe because I was wearing a sweater, jeans and sneakers? I did wear some of my VCA pieces. We were offered water, tea or espresso. The SA was pleasant- but in my opinion, not overly helpful. I tried on some pieces, many items I wanted to try on were not in stock. I liked some pieces which I did not expect to- but ended up not buying anything yesterday. It was disappointing to me, as I was so excited about the experience.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I finally visited a VCA boutique yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't think I had the same experience as many of you have had. It was a cold, drizzly and overall dreary day yesterday- and we had to walk a bit from where our car was parked, which probably didn't help. I was not made to feel "special" in any way- maybe because I was wearing a sweater, jeans and sneakers? I did wear some of my VCA pieces. We were offered water, tea or espresso. The SA was pleasant- but in my opinion, not overly helpful. I tried on some pieces, many items I wanted to try on were not in stock. I liked some pieces which I did not expect to- but ended up not buying anything yesterday. It was disappointing to me, as I was so excited about the experience.

It sounds very disappointing... I worry about this for myself, because I’ve always thought that I would get my first piece on a family vacation sometime. So I will be traveling, probably in casual clothing, etc. If you’re up for sharing, I’d love to hear more details about the pieces that you liked! I am the most casual person in this thread, I am sure of it (especially in covidland), but I cannot get the guilloche magic pendant with long chain out of my head, hah!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's what people are normally offered. We don't get offered champagne or candy or whatever usually. Some people are but I would guess most aren't unless they are celebrating a large purchase. And as to how you are dressed, that is not your problem. If you happened upon an SA that was snotty and judged you based on what you were wearing, that is their loss. Try again at another time with another SA until you find one you like. Not every SA gushes or will bend over backwards. Meh. They just make less commissions then. Their choice. Now if you aren't interested in the pieces then that's a different story. You are STILL the customer.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds very disappointing... I worry about this for myself, because I’ve always thought that I would get my first piece on a family vacation sometime. So I will be traveling, probably in casual clothing, etc. If you’re up for sharing, I’d love to hear more details about the pieces that you liked! I am the most casual person in this thread, I am sure of it (especially in covidland), but I cannot get the guilloche magic pendant with long chain out of my head, hah!

You have the credit card @KristinTech. So what if you're in jeans and sneakers. I would never buy VCA if I couldn't go in denim and adidas. And I would bet I would rival you in terms of casualness. Go to VCA. Look a lot and don't buy anything. The SA that is worthy of your commission will go out of the way, get to know you and spend time with you introducing you to the brand and help you curate your collection. And if they don't, they are shortsighted and don't deserve your commission. Go find another person. There are lots of good SAs out there. Don't let that turn you off unless there is nothing you like.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, I'll check it out!

Thanks also for your suggestion to look for a clover pendant. Do they look like the Alhambra but just a different size?

Does each of the locations that have them have their own stone/color? Do they change over time like the holiday pendants do?

I used to go to Paris often for work, so that is a store I could check out. Does NYC have one too? Anywhere else in the US or Europe?

Yes, they are exactly like the Vintage Alhambra (15mm) pendant except they are about 20mm and they are called Magic. They are smaller than the regular Magic pendants which are about 26mm. NYC used to have the special 20mm in wg onyx but it has been sold out for years, but they do have a special NYC edition of the regular long Magic in onyx wg. No others in the US. Paris is the only one in Europe. No they do not change like the holiday pendants.

Paris Vendome: Dark blue in yg (almost navy in some lighting, Sevres porcelain), Hong Kong: Carnelian in rose gold, Japan Ginza: Mother of Pearl in rose gold

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nope, I am sure I am the most casual! I have only been in Las Vegas and Houston boutiques and very casual both times but not jeans. I was treated well at both. But what I will add is that SAs are not all equal. Sometimes it may be a good one who is having a bad day. Things are not as normal in the boutiques with Covid. It wouldn't be as fun to me with masks because you can't see whether the SA is smiling or whatever!!!

Aw, it sounds like they were polite and professional, but maybe not "squee you're here! Let's do some shopping!"?

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry @Paisley2628 how disappointing!
Was there anything you liked?

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock

I had wanted to see the color of VCA rose gold pieces - as I only wear white gold/platinum. VCA is very limited on their WG pieces- so I wanted to try other gold colors . I didn't like the look of the rose gold on my skin, and some of the yellow gold didn't look good either. I did try on the ten motif blue agate in yellow gold, and I really loved it. I also tried the Vintage Alhambra yellow gold guilloche earrings and liked them also. I was surprised at how nice the earrings looked when I had them on my ear- I think the sparkle from the guilloche helped it stand out on my ear and not blend in to my hair. The blue agate in yellow gold is amazingly beautiful. I was told there is a waiting list on the blue agate bracelet, and they didn't have one to try on in the boutique.
The 1blue agate 10 motif, blue agate bracelet and guilloche earrings are on my list.
The guilloche magic pendant would be absolutely amazing! They did not have that in the boutique- but based on the sparkle of the guilloche earrings- the magic size would be spectacular!!!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry @Paisley2628 how disappointing!
Was there anything you liked?

I really liked the blue agate (ten motif) and the YG guilloche earrings. I don't normally wear yellow gold , but I thought both looked very nice. I thought rose gold would be good - but I tried on a bracelet , and it didn't complement my skin tone at all. The boutique did not have the bracelet in blue agate, as they said there is a waiting list.
I tried the chalcedony in wg, as I usually only wear wg/platinum, but I thought the color wasn't distinct enough from the MOP I already own.

I don't live near a boutique, so it was also a several hours drive from where I live. Surprisingly, I've had some fun experiences buying online- speaking with various SA's. One in particular, has made my online buying experience memorable.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
That's what people are normally offered. We don't get offered champagne or candy or whatever usually. Some people are but I would guess most aren't unless they are celebrating a large purchase. And as to how you are dressed, that is not your problem. If you happened upon an SA that was snotty and judged you based on what you were wearing, that is their loss. Try again at another time with another SA until you find one you like. Not every SA gushes or will bend over backwards. Meh. They just make less commissions then. Their choice. Now if you aren't interested in the pieces then that's a different story. You are STILL the customer.

Thank you-
Maybe I thought too much about how the boutique experience would be. I'm a very casual person, and rarely dress up- but I will always wear my jewelry!
I've had some wonderful experiences over the phone with SA's from other parts of the country- I just wanted to be able to try pieces on that I normally wouldn't consider - such as those in rose gold/yellow gold.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, it sounds like they were polite and professional, but maybe not "squee you're here! Let's do some shopping!"?

Yes - she was polite and professional. Maybe I just thought too much about the experience of visiting a VCA boutique. I've done my purchasing online only - as I had to drive several hours to get to the boutique.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock

I'm so sorry, how disappointing for you. I know that all boutiques have limited stock at the moment but that should not take away from the service that you should receive. I hope that you try again with another SA.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you-
Maybe I thought too much about how the boutique experience would be. I'm a very casual person, and rarely dress up- but I will always wear my jewelry!
I've had some wonderful experiences over the phone with SA's from other parts of the country- I just wanted to be able to try pieces on that I normally wouldn't consider - such as those in rose gold/yellow gold.

I'm sorry that you drove that long and to be disappointed. I'm like you. I'm super casual but I wear my jewelry. Aside from the underwhelming SA, you found you liked the YG guilloche earrings? That is a beautiful piece, and looks beautiful once on the ear. I hope you took some pictures. It's a nice piece to mull over. I'd be worried a magic pair of earrings would be a bit too heavy right? And it's a good thing you found out you don't like the RG on you. Do you have any pictures to share?

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry that you drove that long and to be disappointed. I'm like you. I'm super casual but I wear my jewelry. Aside from the underwhelming SA, you found you liked the YG guilloche earrings? That is a beautiful piece, and looks beautiful once on the ear. I hope you took some pictures. It's a nice piece to mull over. I'd be worried a magic pair of earrings would be a bit too heavy right? And it's a good thing you found out you don't like the RG on you. Do you have any pictures to share?

I thought the YG guilloche earrings looked lovely on the ear. I was lucky enough to get the WG guilloche holiday pendant, and I wasn't sure how I would feel about YG guilloche. Once I saw them in person - I had to try them on. I had never seen VCA in anything other than WG - their YG is a gorgeous color. I also really liked the 10 motif blue agate necklace. (and the bracelet-but I was told there is a waiting list)
I tried connecting two bracelets together to create a necklace - the WG MOP (which I own) and the WG Chalcedony- but I'm not sure about that. I don't have any photos of me wearing the pieces :(

I took a photo of the earrings and necklace that I am considering.

IMG_3559.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought the YG guilloche earrings looked lovely on the ear. I was lucky enough to get the WG guilloche holiday pendant, and I wasn't sure how I would feel about YG guilloche. Once I saw them in person - I had to try them on. I had never seen VCA in anything other than WG - their YG is a gorgeous color. I also really liked the 10 motif blue agate necklace. (and the bracelet-but I was told there is a waiting list)
I tried connecting two bracelets together to create a necklace - the WG MOP (which I own) and the WG Chalcedony- but I'm not sure about that. I don't have any photos of me wearing the pieces :(

IMG_3559.jpg

I bet the YG guilloche did look amazing on you. If you order them online, you can fully return them as well, so there is a pro to shopping online. The blue agate surprisingly looks great on people of all coloring. Did you like that on?

sunny05

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yes, they are exactly like the Vintage Alhambra (15mm) pendant except they are about 20mm and they are called Magic. They are smaller than the regular Magic pendants which are about 26mm. NYC used to have the special 20mm in wg onyx but it has been sold out for years, but they do have a special NYC edition of the regular long Magic in onyx wg. No others in the US. Paris is the only one in Europe. No they do not change like the holiday pendants.

Paris Vendome: Dark blue in yg (almost navy in some lighting, Sevres porcelain), Hong Kong: Carnelian in rose gold, Japan Ginza: Mother of Pearl in rose gold

do you happen to know what the price of the hong kong pendant is? it doesn’t say on the site

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

IMG_3559.jpg

Those earrings are stunning! I didn't get to see them at my boutique, but I can vouch for the blue agate necklace being an amazing color!

I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience in person. But at least it sounds like you were able to discover some things that will be helpful for your future purchases (about liking the yg and the agate, ruling out some others, etc.)

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have the credit card @KristinTech. So what if you're in jeans and sneakers. I would never buy VCA if I couldn't go in denim and adidas. And I would bet I would rival you in terms of casualness. Go to VCA. Look a lot and don't buy anything. The SA that is worthy of your commission will go out of the way, get to know you and spend time with you introducing you to the brand and help you curate your collection. And if they don't, they are shortsighted and don't deserve your commission. Go find another person. There are lots of good SAs out there. Don't let that turn you off unless there is nothing you like.

I appreciate the boost! I remember being very intimidated when I bought my Cartier trinity ring in Scottsdale, on vacation with my mom and sister. My sister laughed at my nerves and almost literally pushed me right over the threshold into the boutique while she took my mom off to shop in the mall for a bit (they both came back in later to help me with the final decision). And I love your modeling shots in this thread—many early ones in your workout gear! :) I come to this thread every few months, just to browse and re-read... I waffle between bracelets and a pendant... I actually live an easy drive from the Chicago boutique if I ever drop my dream of buying on a vacation as a fun souvenir.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nope, I am sure I am the most casual! I have only been in Las Vegas and Houston boutiques and very casual both times but not jeans. I was treated well at both. But what I will add is that SAs are not all equal. Sometimes it may be a good one who is having a bad day. Things are not as normal in the boutiques with Covid. It wouldn't be as fun to me with masks because you can't see whether the SA is smiling or whatever!!!

When the world spins as usual, I’m in families’ homes, doing speech and feeding therapy with toddlers. I think all butterfly VCA items should be tax deductible for me, since it’s a three-syllable word and I can target a lot of language and sound production strategies, hah! I have always thought I’d get a simple vintage Alhambra necklace, but I just love versatility of the magic long chain. I’m kind of wide open on that option, but the rose gold with MOP is gorgeous. I’d want to choose the most colorful one available. I’m 5’10, so I’m not too concerned about the size being too large. I’m not sure if it’s a smart first-purchase option, though. I guess I won’t know until I try things on!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the world spins as usual, I’m in families’ homes, doing speech and feeding therapy with toddlers. I think all butterfly VCA items should be tax deductible for me, since it’s a three-syllable word and I can target a lot of language and sound production strategies, hah! I have always thought I’d get a simple vintage Alhambra necklace, but I just love versatility of the magic long chain. I’m kind of wide open on that option, but the rose gold with MOP is gorgeous. I’d want to choose the most colorful one available. I’m 5’10, so I’m not too concerned about the size being too large. I’m not sure if it’s a smart first-purchase option, though. I guess I won’t know until I try things on!

If that's calling to you, you should definitely keep it at the forefront unless at some point, something tells you otherwise. Also, being 5'10, you could definitely rock that. I bet that magic size and length would look amazing on you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results