shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Have you considered the WG MOP sweet earrings?

Oh yes, and I love those the most, but the sales associate gasped when I told him I planned to shower and sweat in them so I took that as a not for me. Though maybe if I get the mini frivole the sweet MOP could be the alternate?

ETA: If they had sweet onyx in white gold I'd love that too.

Last edited:

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I have all 3 of these, my frivole however are yellow gold. You can't go wrong with any of the 3 but the pave ones to me are super special, they are my favorite

Thank you for this input. I have to be honest with myself and I'm kind of a one and done person. I've worn the same earrings daily for years. These styles are timeless though, so even if I only alternate every few years they would still get worn eventually. I can see myself getting two pair and figuring it out on the back end.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for this input. I have to be honest with myself and I'm kind of a one and done person. I've worn the same earrings daily for years. These styles are timeless though, so even if I only alternate every few years they would still get worn eventually. I can see myself getting two pair and figuring it out on the back end.

The backs are very fussy so if you plan to remove them infrequently I’d opt for another style. I definitely think you’d find even mini frivole a bit uncomfortable to sleep in.

I do shower in them no problem, and I can’t comment on patina as I haven’t had them very long! But I suspect like any other gold piece they will scratch, but far less than rings!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seeking earring advice please... I recently had the opportunity to try on earrings in Paris and narrowed it down to two styles. I would like an everyday earring. I love the sweet clover earrings, and normally wear white metal, but prefer the hammered look to the pave. I prefer it because I think they look more casual. I love the mini frivole but wonder if these are not classic enough to wear literally all the time. Frankly, I could get both the hammered ones and the mini frivole for the price of the pave ones, and then be able to alternate! Do the hammered studs ever come in white gold? I have a lot of pink in my skin so think the rose gold may be too much. Photos for reference. Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.18.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.21.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.21.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.22.37 PM.png

Go with what your heart loves the most, even if it could be more expensive. I’ve always gone back to the one I gave up. I have the sweet pave studs and I wore them everyday for almost 4 years. Very comfy to sleep in due to the flat back. But if you love the Frivole get those. Get what you love. Everyone is different.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Go with what your heart loves the most, even if it could be more expensive. I’ve always gone back to the one I gave up. I have the sweet pave studs and I wore them everyday for almost 4 years. Very comfy to sleep in due to the flat back. But if you love the Frivole get those. Get what you love. Everyone is different.

Thank you. I kind of love everything. It turns out that makes things more difficult.

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
I think you got all the "OMG I put another 0.603% down on it!!!" updates :lol:

It's legit rare that I get butterflies-in-the-tummy excited about jewellery these days. Don't know if that's me getting jewel-jaded or generally curmudgeonly :lol: But... This was totally a pause before opening the bag, close my eyes before opening the box, hold my breath hoping it looks as amazing as the one I got to see in-person sitch. Felt nice to feel that way, actually ::)

Studlies... These girls are my forever babies :love: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nters-jewels-by-grace-custom-settings.215121/
The ring, well, you know I want a bigger stone :halo: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ty-4-01-j-vs1-in-erika-winters-margot.231053/

Thank you!! It really is an extraordinarily wearable piece!! ❤️

Just sayin’ …. I’m just waiting for the day you list your Margot … so you can get your bigger stone … which you should totally do … :D … so I can give her a new home!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! My request for the LE Onyx earrings has been approved and I've just put down a deposit. They will be ready in about 6 months.

Pics of the old earrings - just because I miss them, lol.

Onyx LE earrings.png

VCA_LE Onyx Earrings_1.png

Yay! That is such welcome news, @Phoenix !

So what's left on your list now that your SO was approved?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! That is such welcome news, @Phoenix !

So what's left on your list now that your SO was approved?

Would I get kicked out of the VCA club if I said "nothing"? lol

Perhaps a 10-motif grey MOP, but am loathe to pay an SO premium again. So I shall wait until they bring it out as a regular line.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! My request for the LE Onyx earrings has been approved and I've just put down a deposit. They will be ready in about 6 months.

Onyx LE earrings.png

Congratulations Phoenix!!!

Oh my goodness you waited a while for this request didn't you!? How long has it been since you submitted?

I'm so glad for you!! Your beauties are coming [back] home - a new incarnation of the same spirit ❤️

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Phoenix!!!

Oh my goodness you waited a while for this request didn't you!? How long has it been since you submitted?

I'm so glad for you!! Your beauties are coming [back] home - a new incarnation of the same spirit ❤️

Thank you, @yssie .

Goodness, i don't even remember. Must be around 6-8 months.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Onyx LE earrings.png

Congratulations!! Great news! As long as they’re approved that’s what matters. Can’t wait to see them.

sweets4dsweet

Rough_Rock
Hello! I found this forum researching VCA and I can finally participate now that I acquired my first piece, the 5-motif Guilloche bracelet <3. I'd love some sizing help as I couldn't get it sized during my vacation and I don't live near a boutique.

My wrist measures 15cm or 6 inches. The SA used a sizing bracelets and suggested size 17 for me. Does anyone know how that correlates to number of links removed? For others with size 15cm wrists, what size bracelet did you end up with? Do you enjoy a close fit or some movement?

VCA Bracelet.jpg

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have sizing advice but I just want to say your new Guilloche bracelet is so pretty @sweets4dsweet! Congrats on your new beautiful piece!

I have a question for all the VCA veterans... Does someone have a hand shot of the difference between the Vintage and the Regular Alhambra bracelets together?

Thank you!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello! I found this forum researching VCA and I can finally participate now that I acquired my first piece, the 5-motif Guilloche bracelet <3. I'd love some sizing help as I couldn't get it sized during my vacation and I don't live near a boutique.

My wrist measures 15cm or 6 inches. The SA used a sizing bracelets and suggested size 17 for me. Does anyone know how that correlates to number of links removed? For others with size 15cm wrists, what size bracelet did you end up with? Do you enjoy a close fit or some movement?

VCA Bracelet.jpg

Congrats on your first VCA! It's a fantastic choice!! So beautiful.. enjoy enjoy enjoy!
As far as sizing.. my wrist measures 5.5 inches (about 14cm) and most of my bracelets are sized to 16cm.
So I think that size 17 for a 6 inch wrist would work for you depending if you like a lot of play or not. Hope that helps.:D

sweets4dsweet

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Rubies-R-Me! I went ahead and requested size 17. I'm super eager to resize it so I can wear it without fear of dinging it!

sweets4dsweet

Rough_Rock
Since I went in for earrings, I was able to try on quite a few styles. They didn't have the exact pair available that day but I was able to try on something similar. Which pair/style do you like best?

MOP Alhambra

MOP.png

Lucky Spring Plum Blossom
Plum Blossoms.png

Small Frivole (Pave, rose gold, pink sapphire center. Unique to Europe). I would get it in yellow gold.

Frivole Pave.png

Alhambra in Carnelian Carnelian.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have sizing advice but I just want to say your new Guilloche bracelet is so pretty @sweets4dsweet! Congrats on your new beautiful piece!

I have a question for all the VCA veterans... Does someone have a hand shot of the difference between the Vintage and the Regular Alhambra bracelets together?

Thank you!

What do you mean by “regular”? Can you post a pic? The sizes are sweet, vintage and magic with magic being the biggest. The sweet is much smaller.

This pic shows the difference between the sweet and the vintage which is what most people Have.
IMG_6379.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I went in for earrings, I was able to try on quite a few styles. They didn't have the exact pair available that day but I was able to try on something similar. Which pair/style do you like best?

MOP Alhambra

MOP.png

Plum Blossoms.png

Small Frivole (Pave, rose gold, pink sapphire center. Unique to Europe). I would get it in yellow gold.

Frivole Pave.png

I like WMOP on you the most. :)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you mean by “regular”? Can you post a pic? The sizes are sweet, vintage and magic with magic being the biggest. The sweet is much smaller.

This pic shows the difference between the sweet and the vintage which is what most people Have.
IMG_6379.jpeg

LLJsmom.. LOVE that combo on you! The WG, the diamonds and the onyx all blend so perfectly. I also see the bubble ring peeking out from the corner.. the icing on the cake!:love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MOP Alhambra

MOP.png

Plum Blossoms.png

Frivole Pave.png

All the earrings are FABULOUS but when in doubt I would always say... choose diamonds. :lol:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Seeking earring advice please... I recently had the opportunity to try on earrings in Paris and narrowed it down to two styles. I would like an everyday earring. I love the sweet clover earrings, and normally wear white metal, but prefer the hammered look to the pave. I prefer it because I think they look more casual. I love the mini frivole but wonder if these are not classic enough to wear literally all the time. Frankly, I could get both the hammered ones and the mini frivole for the price of the pave ones, and then be able to alternate! Do the hammered studs ever come in white gold? I have a lot of pink in my skin so think the rose gold may be too much. Photos for reference. Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.18.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.21.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.21.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.22.37 PM.png

My vote for thé frivole!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_6379.jpeg

Ah, thank you @LLJsmom. I was mistaken as I thought that there was a "regular" size, and the "vintage" was smaller with the "sweet" being the smallest. I love that combo on your wrist!

sweets4dsweet

Rough_Rock
I like WMOP on you the most. :)

Thank you for your input! I love how you style your bracelets!

I surprisingly liked the WMOP a lot too even though I had my heart set on the small YG frivole. I might end up getting both but do you think the Frivole sits ok on my ear? The clip is visible from the lobe but I noticed at the boutique that if I rotated the clip about 45 degrees, it was no longer visible. You can kind of see how the Carnelian Alhambra sits differently vs the WMOP. WMOP was straight on and the Carnelian was rotated. I wish I played with the Frivole more to confirm.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your input! I love how you style your bracelets!

I surprisingly liked the WMOP a lot too even though I had my heart set on the small YG frivole. I might end up getting both but do you think the Frivole sits ok on my ear? The clip is visible from the lobe but I noticed at the boutique that if I rotated the clip about 45 degrees, it was no longer visible. You can kind of see how the Carnelian Alhambra sits differently vs the WMOP. WMOP was straight on and the Carnelian was rotated. I wish I played with the Frivole more to confirm.

I love the MOP on you too! Both the Alhambra and the Spring - the white is contrasty and youthful on you ❤️

So the Frivole, I know what you mean. The clip is visible from the front on me too! The thing about the Frivole (the Two Butterfly earrings are the same way) is that the flowers are designed to look upward a bit, so in the small size the design ends up exposing more of the clip on those of us with higher piercings or fleshier lobes. Whereas Alhambra sits flat on the ear by design, and so keeps the clip invisible face-forward… The large size Frivole earrings don’t have that problem. They don’t come in pave as stock, but the boldness of the all-metal has its own appeal - maybe something to ask your SA to keep watch for? I wouldn’t try to play games rotating the small size Frivole. Because of that slight angling of the flowers that they’ve built into the design. I think you have to be okay with how they look worn as intended, with the clip going round the bottom of your lobe.

sweets4dsweet

Rough_Rock
I love the MOP on you too! Both the Alhambra and the Spring - the white is contrasty and youthful on you ❤️

So the Frivole, I know what you mean. The clip is visible from the front on me too! The thing about the Frivole (the Two Butterfly earrings are the same way) is that the flowers are designed to look upward a bit, so in the small size the design ends up exposing more of the clip on those of us with higher piercings or fleshier lobes. Whereas Alhambra sits flat on the ear by design, and so keeps the clip invisible face-forward… The large size Frivole earrings don’t have that problem. They don’t come in pave as stock, but the boldness of the all-metal has its own appeal - maybe something to ask your SA to keep watch for? I wouldn’t try to play games rotating the small size Frivole. Because of that slight angling of the flowers that they’ve built into the design. I think you have to be okay with how they look worn as intended, with the clip going round the bottom of your lobe.

Youthful is nice :D I'll wait on the WMOP so I can focus my attention (and $) on the rarer, more expensive item first, but I'll def keep it in mind.

I think the visible clip will bother me but the large frivole is a great idea! I'll have to search for some real life shots of the large in action. I want to be able to wear my earrings daily casually and the large might be a little too va-va-va-voom. Sadly, I don't have a SA to work with as my 5-motif was purchased on vacation abroad. I was planning on trying my luck on the website as I don't live anywhere near a boutique.

Btw, I love love love your earring collection. It's absolutely exquisite. Thanks for the feedback!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results