shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Choosing between VCA designs is always a wonderful problem to have! Definitely second Yssie's suggestion of trying things on in-store, as all our ears and faces are different.

For me, I think the starting point is what occasion(s) are you thinking of wearing them, and how careful are you with your jewellery?

If you love the YG mirror frivole but not the clip (I'm in the same boat), have you tried on the mini or the large? I personally adore the large for how bold they are - the mirror bounces light like crazy and I prefer this effect to the subtler pave version. The thing stopping me from getting them is I already have a similar sized pair of earrings in YG and can’t justify both.

Regarding the WMOP, it's beautifully iridescent but the stone is too delicate for a klutz like me - I know they will get scratched, and I won't be bothered to take them off when I shower or sleep. And it sounds like you're getting the WMOP because everyone else loves it - but do you actually love it?

Just to flag - I have the same ear clip issues with the Vintage size, but not with the Magics. If you're thinking about wearing the Vintage vs Magics interchangeably (i.e. you'd wear them for the same occasions) then I think the Magics are worth an extra $1200 for (1) the presence, and (2) not seeing the ear clip.

However, I wonder if the real question is whether you'd prefer Alhambra or Frivole =)2

Here are the different sizes on my ear (note that I don’t own any of these, just tried them on in store!)

9F15E88E-898A-47B7-86AD-42F90DD8F59B.jpeg
98E44FF4-A28D-418B-8DF0-5DAD57E43AE2.jpeg

These photos are SO helpful!!!!

Well - they’re helpful for everyone else - you can wear anything marvellously so less helpful for you Pomelo :bigsmile: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my first VCA piece!! Usually I buy something to celebrate a milestone, but right now in the middle of a tough time at work so decided to splurge. Love that the 20 motif can be worn in so many different ways! IMG_6262.jpeg

Love how you’ve styled it - so chic ❤️

How did you decide on the carnelian/guilloche combo?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should buy what makes your heart beat faster, you'll figure out how to incorporate into your wardrobe. If you love it, and it's not completely impractical, then you'll wear it.

Last winter I bought a Bvlgari bracelet in rose gold. When trying the various models on in the store, everyone said the white gold version looked better on me, and I agreed because it "popped" more against my skin tone. And the WG also went with more of my jewelry wardrobe. But I adored the rose gold version. I went back and forth and back and forth trying to decide between my head and my heart. Heart won and I bough the RG version. I couldn't be happier with it and wear it almost every day! No regrets.

Did you already post a pic of your Bulgari bracelet? Would love to see!

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Love how you’ve styled it - so chic ❤️

How did you decide on the carnelian/guilloche combo?

Thank you!! There weren't too many options in the store (San Francisco). I wanted something more unique than the standard MoP options, and so was really left with blue agate and carnelian/guilloche. The blue didn't compliment my skin tone as well, and the guilloche workmanship is so visually interesting too!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been wearing my mini frivole (yellow gold) everyday and I find they go with just about everything! So since I’m biased, that gets my vote! I love that little bit of dimension they have

Also, if you’re not smitten with the pave - don’t get them. VCA is too expensive to settle for what you don’t love!

Hi @Cerulean , please can I ask a bit more info on your (gorgeous) mini Frivoles as I'm considering getting a pair in YG?
1. Do you keep them on at all times (i.e. sleep, shower, exercise) or are they taken off daily?
2. How do you feel about the safety/security of the pushbacks vs. the la pousette backs?
3. I love the mirror effect on the solid gold Frivole but was wondering if you've noticed any scratches and whether this affects your enjoyment of them?

Thank you in advance!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Cerulean , please can I ask a bit more info on your (gorgeous) mini Frivoles as I'm considering getting a pair in YG?
1. Do you keep them on at all times (i.e. sleep, shower, exercise) or are they taken off daily?
2. How do you feel about the safety/security of the pushbacks vs. the la pousette backs?
3. I love the mirror effect on the solid gold Frivole but was wondering if you've noticed any scratches and whether this affects your enjoyment of them?

Thank you in advance!

Hey hey!

1. I don’t sleep in them, but I think I could if I wasn’t such a fussy person. They are a little too dimensional for my comfort to sleep in - I do shower with them and pop them in the ultrasonic for cleaning though! They are very unobtrusive for daily activities

2. The backs are la pousette and very secure!

3. I haven’t noticed scratches to be honest, so it hasn’t impacted my admiration for them. I find keep them clean matters more to keep them shiny!

Hope that helps :)

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Hey hey!

1. I don’t sleep in them, but I think I could if I wasn’t such a fussy person. They are a little too dimensional for my comfort to sleep in - I do shower with them and pop them in the ultrasonic for cleaning though! They are very unobtrusive for daily activities

2. The backs are la pousette and very secure!

3. I haven’t noticed scratches to be honest, so it hasn’t impacted my admiration for them. I find keep them clean matters more to keep them shiny!

Hope that helps :)

Thank you! Very good point about keeping them clean, I guess the polished gold is prone to be a fingerprint magnet.

I haven't been wearing my Sweet onyx alhambra earrings since the start of summer, so have been thinking about a pair of everyday studs that's more suitable when temperatures rise.

The other pair I considered was the Sweet turquoise earrings but my local boutique didn't have any in stock... so I "had" to try on the only things they had in turquoise which happened to be this stunning Two Butterfly set.

I don't normally like colour but wow, the turquoise was phenomenal. It pops more than any other VCA stone IMO, like a neon blue.

I especially liked stacking both the turquoise and lapis BTF Butterfly rings :geek2:

E1F63874-D346-49A0-AD5B-EB424CDE4B57.jpeg 453FF870-A9C2-470F-A1AC-322A8AA07AF5.jpeg
8EA2AE3D-1B05-4DE6-8AC7-642CF00F2B6F.jpeg
C954069B-1FF6-4CF9-8736-23908E6FDF22.jpeg
D6972997-E665-4DE0-B1C9-8F022DE204C8.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Very good point about keeping them clean, I guess the polished gold is prone to be a fingerprint magnet.

I haven't been wearing my Sweet onyx alhambra earrings since the start of summer, so have been thinking about a pair of everyday studs that's more suitable when temperatures rise.

The other pair I considered was the Sweet turquoise earrings but my local boutique didn't have any in stock... so I "had" to try on the only things they had in turquoise which happened to be this stunning Two Butterfly set.

I don't normally like colour but wow, the turquoise was phenomenal. It pops more than any other VCA stone IMO, like a neon blue.

I especially liked stacking both the turquoise and lapis BTF Butterfly rings :geek2:

E1F63874-D346-49A0-AD5B-EB424CDE4B57.jpeg 453FF870-A9C2-470F-A1AC-322A8AA07AF5.jpeg
8EA2AE3D-1B05-4DE6-8AC7-642CF00F2B6F.jpeg
C954069B-1FF6-4CF9-8736-23908E6FDF22.jpeg
D6972997-E665-4DE0-B1C9-8F022DE204C8.jpeg

Yeah if sleeping in them is important - I think it depends on if the dimensional shape of them would bother you!

Honestly their turquoise is magical - and it looks delicious on you! I audibly gasped at the butterfly earrings. And with the ring? Be still my heart! I’m in love with that collection, I actually had fallen in love with the necklace when I saw it IRL! Agree it’s just so vibrant in person and it’s not adequately captured in images

IMG_5674.jpeg

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
O
Yeah if sleeping in them is important - I think it depends on if the dimensional shape of them would bother you!

Honestly their turquoise is magical - and it looks delicious on you! I audibly gasped at the butterfly earrings. And with the ring? Be still my heart! I’m in love with that collection, I actually had fallen in love with the necklace when I saw it IRL! Agree it’s just so vibrant in person and it’s not adequately captured in images

IMG_5674.jpeg

Ooh this necklace looks gorgeous on you, and is a nice flora/fauna set with your Frivole / Paper Flowers!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pomelo How dyou feel about the perlee turquoise earrings? Those are a nice size too and a reasonable-for-VCA pricepoint! A pair like @diamondseeker2006's would look so glamorous on you!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@Pomelo How dyou feel about the perlee turquoise earrings? Those are a nice size too and a reasonable-for-VCA pricepoint! A pair like @diamondseeker2006's would look so glamorous on you!

Thank you, I haven’t tried these on or seen them in store! Will take it into account next time I’m at a boutique.

The thing about turquoise though is that it’s a softer stone… and I like to be carefree with my jewellery :evil2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, I haven’t tried these on or seen them in store! Will take it into account next time I’m at a boutique.

The thing about turquoise though is that it’s a softer stone… and I like to be carefree with my jewellery :evil2:

If there is any safe place for turquoise with regard to its softness I think the ears are it. I can the sweet turquoise butterfly on easily.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not usually a turquoise person (I typically gravitate more towards lapis), but these are TDF!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look who's FdP came for a visit! Love, love, love!!!

IMG_4166.jpeg

Last edited:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet Alhambra pave 16 motif necklace and VA pave 5 motif bracelet (my own WG perlee clover bangle):

IMG_5514.jpeg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which Frivole pendant should I eventually add to my collection in the future (depending upon my budget)?

I'm thinking about the small WG Frivole pendant since everyone knows I am a matchy-matchy type of person. But I do love the size of the large YG one (but in WG)!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results