shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is my 2 Butterfly btf ring with my new Frivole earrings pictured together:

Got it! I thought they were two pairs of earrings so you could wear one in one ear and one in the other, as they are I love that you get to wear them like this! I also love the complimenting vs. matching themes.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Hi Ally T!
I also love to learn about the "geneology" of a signed piece by finding it in a catalog.. it really does add to the fun. vJ3K8LYUQGihNWAtpf9nUQ.jpg
Delighted to post a hand shot.:love:

323E78FD-9A5C-419A-9A0F-67831418C61C.jpeg

vJ3K8LYUQGihNWAtpf9nUQ.jpg

I think it might be the top picture in the catalogue. I wonder who owned it form new & how it came to be for sale?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I thought you ladies might enjoy these. Was walking past the Ginza store when the window display caught my eye:

IMG_5719.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg

wasn’t as impressive as above but since I was taking pics…
IMG_5718.jpeg

And at Komehyo
IMG_5699.jpeg
IMG_5697.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you ladies might enjoy these. Was walking past the Ginza store when the window display caught my eye:

IMG_5719.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg

wasn’t as impressive as above but since I was taking pics…
IMG_5718.jpeg

And at Komehyo
IMG_5699.jpeg
IMG_5697.jpeg

Wow, I wish I could go in there! Did you?

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, please can I get some advice regarding returns?

I had bought the onyx/pave 5 motif bracelet I was previously asking about and tried it on at home. However, after getting the advice of several on this forum (and thinking deeper about how it fits into my lifestyle / existing Jewellery box), I decided it wasn’t for me and returned it.

However, VCA have just come back to saying the item cannot be returned because it’s “not in S1 condition, QC failed and we cannot put it back in stock as it is rhodium”.

There was no photographic evidence provided and the SA is saying it’s entirely down to the workshop (which is based in Dubai).

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue before and/or can advise on what to do? I have already asked for photographic evidence.

It’s such a shame because if I’m forced to keep the piece, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth and I won’t enjoy it at all…

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
“not in S1 condition, QC failed and we cannot put it back in stock as it is rhodium”

What the heck does this mean? Are they saying the rhodium is wearing away?

@Pomelo did you buy this through an SA you’ve worked with before?

I was appalled at the condition of some of the floor inventory, once, when I went to a boutique. Clearly visible fine scratching galore. Frankly, I rather imagine if one tried to “return” some not-yet-sold floor stock - the workshop might just decline to accept it due to poor condition!

Last edited:

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Seeking earring advice please... I recently had the opportunity to try on earrings in Paris and narrowed it down to two styles. I would like an everyday earring. I love the sweet clover earrings, and normally wear white metal, but prefer the hammered look to the pave. I prefer it because I think they look more casual. I love the mini frivole but wonder if these are not classic enough to wear literally all the time. Frankly, I could get both the hammered ones and the mini frivole for the price of the pave ones, and then be able to alternate! Do the hammered studs ever come in white gold? I have a lot of pink in my skin so think the rose gold may be too much. Photos for reference. Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.18.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.21.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.21.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.22.37 PM.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seeking earring advice please... I recently had the opportunity to try on earrings in Paris and narrowed it down to two styles. I would like an everyday earring. I love the sweet clover earrings, and normally wear white metal, but prefer the hammered look to the pave. I prefer it because I think they look more casual. I love the mini frivole but wonder if these are not classic enough to wear literally all the time. Frankly, I could get both the hammered ones and the mini frivole for the price of the pave ones, and then be able to alternate! Do the hammered studs ever come in white gold? I have a lot of pink in my skin so think the rose gold may be too much. Photos for reference. Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.18.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.21.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.21.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 7.22.37 PM.png

I personally love the white gold frivple on you!!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

I’ve been wearing my mini frivole (yellow gold) everyday and I find they go with just about everything! So since I’m biased, that gets my vote! I love that little bit of dimension they have

Also, if you’re not smitten with the pave - don’t get them. VCA is too expensive to settle for what you don’t love!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
“not in S1 condition, QC failed and we cannot put it back in stock as it is rhodium”

What the heck does this mean? Are they saying the rhodium is wearing away?

@Pomelo did you buy this through an SA you’ve worked with before?

I was appalled at the condition of some of the floor inventory, once, when I went to a boutique. Clearly visible fine scratching galore. Frankly, I rather imagine if one tried to “return” some not-yet-sold floor stock - the workshop might just decline to accept it due to poor condition!

I believe they're saying the rhodium is wearing away, although the SA couldn't enlighten me. Just that any returns or exchanges need to be signed off by the workshop, and the workshop says there is an issue.

Sadly I haven't bought through this SA before. My usual (amazing) SA is in London but I bought this in the Abu Dhabi store as I'm here for a couple of months.

And I completely agree that not-yet-sold floor stock, considering how many people might try on a piece, could also accumulate scratching!

Will keep pushing as the SA herself admitted there was no damage, just that the workshop can see the bracelet "has been worn".

And of course let this group know the outcome...

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been wearing my mini frivole (yellow gold) everyday and I find they go with just about everything! So since I’m biased, that gets my vote! I love that little bit of dimension they have

Also, if you’re not smitten with the pave - don’t get them. VCA is too expensive to settle for what you don’t love!

Does the gold patina? I assume on the ears they don't get much friction. I do plan to sleep in them.

You're right, the pave just seem too grown up right now (says the girl hitting 50 next year).

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I personally love the white gold frivple on you!!!

Thank you! I really kind of the love the playfulness of the frivole. And I like how they fill the negative space on my gargantuan lobes.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Does the gold patina? I assume on the ears they don't get much friction. I do plan to sleep in them.

You're right, the pave just seem too grown up right now (says the girl hitting 50 next year).

I don’t sleep in these - because they are dimensional they aren’t the comfiest to sleep in. I could sleep in them if I needed to, but I prefer to take them out everyday. I often sleep on hoops so I understand the desire!

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I don’t sleep in these - because they are dimensional they aren’t the comfiest to sleep in. I could sleep in them if I needed to, but I prefer to take them out everyday. I often sleep on hoops so I understand the desire!

Ahhh, I did wonder about comfort. I don't mind taking my jewelry off at night, but those special pinching backs require a lot of skill and finger dexterity that my arthritic fingers just don't have. I suppose I will figure it out, one way or another.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, please can I get some advice regarding returns?

I had bought the onyx/pave 5 motif bracelet I was previously asking about and tried it on at home. However, after getting the advice of several on this forum (and thinking deeper about how it fits into my lifestyle / existing Jewellery box), I decided it wasn’t for me and returned it.

However, VCA have just come back to saying the item cannot be returned because it’s “not in S1 condition, QC failed and we cannot put it back in stock as it is rhodium”.

There was no photographic evidence provided and the SA is saying it’s entirely down to the workshop (which is based in Dubai).

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue before and/or can advise on what to do? I have already asked for photographic evidence.

It’s such a shame because if I’m forced to keep the piece, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth and I won’t enjoy it at all…

Hi Pomelo!
I'm sorry I can't give you any good advice but I can wish you the best for a happy resolution of your situation. Good luck!! We are all pulling for you!!:love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi FornasettiLover!
There are no wrong answers as they all look amazing on your but if push came to shove I would just buy the one pair of the diamond pave earrings.
I think that you never will regret getting the fancier version of something rather than the less fancier. Diamonds make everything nicer!
However.. as I said.. they all look fabu on you.:appl:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, I did wonder about comfort. I don't mind taking my jewelry off at night, but those special pinching backs require a lot of skill and finger dexterity that my arthritic fingers just don't have. I suppose I will figure it out, one way or another.

Just wanted to chime in that I wear my YG onyx Sweets to bed (and in the shower / gym) and they’re still v comfortable

(I don’t own the Frivoles so can’t comment on that!)

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Hi FornasettiLover!
There are no wrong answers as they all look amazing on your but if push came to shove I would just buy the one pair of the diamond pave earrings.
I think that you never will regret getting the fancier version of something rather than the less fancier. Diamonds make everything nicer!
However.. as I said.. they all look fabu on you.:appl:

Thank you! I suppose this is the earring version of DSS!

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to chime in that I wear my YG onyx Sweets to bed (and in the shower / gym) and they’re still v comfortable

(I don’t own the Frivoles so can’t comment on that!)

I suspected that would be the case... I really do wish they came in a white gold hammered version. I'm definitely looking for a shower/peloton/sleep/garden kind of earring. Thank you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe they're saying the rhodium is wearing away, although the SA couldn't enlighten me. Just that any returns or exchanges need to be signed off by the workshop, and the workshop says there is an issue.

Sadly I haven't bought through this SA before. My usual (amazing) SA is in London but I bought this in the Abu Dhabi store as I'm here for a couple of months.

And I completely agree that not-yet-sold floor stock, considering how many people might try on a piece, could also accumulate scratching!

Will keep pushing as the SA herself admitted there was no damage, just that the workshop can see the bracelet "has been worn".

And of course let this group know the outcome...

Of course it’s been worn. Both before and after sale!

If they didn’t permit people to try actual inventory on in-store - then they’d have a leg to stand on. But they do, so they don’t.

I’m sorry you’re dealing with this, I hope they respond more favourably on reassessment.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I suspected that would be the case... I really do wish they came in a white gold hammered version. I'm definitely looking for a shower/peloton/sleep/garden kind of earring. Thank you!

Have you considered the WG MOP sweet earrings?

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock

I have all 3 of these, my frivole however are yellow gold. You can't go wrong with any of the 3 but the pave ones to me are super special, they are my favorite

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results