shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sista! @monarch64 FABU!!! Love it all. Great choices!

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh I love the Cadenas! The history of the design is so special :geek2:

Just wondering whether the watch spins when you’re wearing it, as the top looks quite heavy?

:wavey:Hellooo Pomelo!
Oh thanks! Love that you are a Cadenas fan too.. I had googled the history before I bought it too. Very charming that back in the day women were not supposed to check what time it was so the watch face was rather hidden. That way they could check it on the sly by slightly turning their wrist and glancing down. Did you read that too?
And yes.. it is top heavy and constantly turn so that most of the time the back is showing. I actually had it sized 3 times by VCA. Once it was too big.. then next it was too small and then almost just right. It's a tad big and maybe that's why it turns around so much. But with one less link in it was too tight so back in the link went.:D

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased my second piece this week. My pics aren’t great but I’ll post what I have anyway. The WMOP Alhambra bracelet in WG…ordered from the VCA site with no modifications bc the 7.48” length is perfect for my wrist/hand size. My Andrew Moline pearl studs came today; I’ll try to sneak in a shot of one of them and post more in the pearls sub.

IMG_0167.jpeg

How many people do we think there are, in the world, who’ve got world-class akoya studs to pair with their Van Cleef & Arpels WMOP VCA necklace and bracelet?

I hope you keeping wear these pieces exactly like this. Complementary without going full on matchy. Such a luxurious set.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How many people do we think there are, in the world, who’ve got world-class akoya studs to pair with their Van Cleef & Arpels WMOP VCA necklace and bracelet?

I hope you keeping wear these pieces exactly like this. Complementary without going full on matchy. Such a luxurious set.

Excellent point, @yssie ! I’m so glad I paid attention to your posts in the pearl sub and discovered Andrew through you. Thank you, for imparting your wisdom and recommendations and for all your positive feedback. I so appreciate your presence on PS. ❤️

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thanks! Love that you are a Cadenas fan too.. I had googled the history before I bought it too. Very charming that back in the day women were not supposed to check what time it was so the watch face was rather hidden. That way they could check it on the sly by slightly turning their wrist and glancing down. Did you read that too?
And yes.. it is top heavy and constantly turn so that most of the time the back is showing. I actually had it sized 3 times by VCA. Once it was too big.. then next it was too small and then almost just right. It's a tad big and maybe that's why it turns around so much. But with one less link in it was too tight so back in the link went.:D

This is very Goldilocks! Love it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent point, @yssie ! I’m so glad I paid attention to your posts in the pearl sub and discovered Andrew through you. Thank you, for imparting your wisdom and recommendations and for all your positive feedback. I so appreciate your presence on PS. ❤️

You’re so sweet! I totally didn’t mean to make any of this about me though. Truly. When I first saw your post last night - something about it hit me juuust right, and it sent me down the rabbit hole of wondering whether I’d like a WMOP/WG bracelet too. I wear my GMOP bracelet a ton. So I know I’ll wear this style. And white MoP could take the place of the (standard, y’know, round pearl) WSS bracelet I’ve been planning… Maybe? But I’ve got so many other wants in process right now. Bling is my escape from stress and I need to be wary of overcommitting. Been there done that ended up more stressed than before.

I’m loving your white pearl set. Seriously!! Elegant and timeless luxury that will never ever get old. Please share more photos :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is very Goldilocks! Love it.

TOTALLY Golidlocks! Made me chuckle every time I trekked back there to pick it up and then leave empty handed as they had to keep it another few weeks to size again.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re so sweet! I totally didn’t mean to make any of this about me though. Truly. When I first saw your post last night - something about it hit me juuust right, and it sent me down the rabbit hole of wondering whether I’d like a WMOP/WG bracelet too. I wear my GMOP bracelet a ton. So I know I’ll wear this style. And white MoP could take the place of the (standard, y’know, round pearl) WSS bracelet I’ve been planning… Maybe? But I’ve got so many other wants in process right now. Bling is my escape from stress and I need to be wary of overcommitting. Been there done that ended up more stressed than before.

I’m loving your white pearl set. Seriously!! Elegant and timeless luxury that will never ever get old. Please share more photos :love:

You write the most thoughtful, sincere replies! ❤️

It’s funny; I first noticed VCA on a Real Housewives episode years ago. Probably a 20 motif, and I think it was onyx/YG. I thought it was iconic back then but also …mature, in the way that 30 year olds think 40 year olds are “mature.” It was very ageist of me and I’m certainly not proud of that, but I think I have a mental block about the 10/16/20 motifs because of that. I don’t think they age anyone else at all, but I have this odd fear that I’ll be the one who appears matronly. I know, it’s nuts. I’d rather be candid and real here though and just say what I’m thinking.

I’m not a diamond stud girl, nor a diamond pendant girl, and not even a diamond engagement ring girl despite having worn 2 in the past. I like things that are different from what everyone else has, and in the area I’ll be in for the next 7-8 years no one wears VCA. There are members of the community with considerable wealth and not a clover in sight, nor any other recognizable piece. Some of the college kids probably have Cartier Love bracelets; my hair lady and microblader both have Love rings… but I never see VCA. Same with pearls (kind of)—I can pinpoint the second I knew I wanted a pair of Really Amazing Pearl studs. I saw a student shopping with her mother at Hobby Lobby of all places back in 2012; she was dressed simply, hair up, and these mirror-like pearl studs on her ears. Ever since seeing those, I’ve kept that image in the back of my mind.

All this to say that MOP made great sense as my foray into Van Cleef. I mentioned in my thread about the ring in my avatar that I love the beach; pearls and MOP are in line with that inclination. And I really wanted to get back to white metals for a minute. I love the brightness, contrast against my skin tone and overall glow of a platinum or 18k WG piece.

@yssie I’ll have to go back in this thread to see your collection again but as I recall WG looks stunning on you. I think a WMOP suite should happen. Lol if I had endless amounts of your money to spend on your collection I’d grab the Magic bracelet, the assorted-stone Magic necklace (sorry the name eludes me rn) and the BTF ring to match. Fine, toss in a single row diamond Perlee. Ok, dream over.

ETA: pics of VCA, pearls, and a pair of WG diamond earrings and pendant that I’ll interchange. Earrings from JR Columbian, necklace is estate from Long’s.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpeg
    IMG_0256.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0262.jpeg
    IMG_0262.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0261.jpeg
    IMG_0261.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0264.jpeg
    IMG_0264.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0265.jpeg
    IMG_0265.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0272.jpeg
    IMG_0272.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 55

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You write the most thoughtful, sincere replies! ❤️

It’s funny; I first noticed VCA on a Real Housewives episode years ago. Probably a 20 motif, and I think it was onyx/YG. I thought it was iconic back then but also …mature, in the way that 30 year olds think 40 year olds are “mature.” It was very ageist of me and I’m certainly not proud of that, but I think I have a mental block about the 10/16/20 motifs because of that. I don’t think they age anyone else at all, but I have this odd fear that I’ll be the one who appears matronly. I know, it’s nuts. I’d rather be candid and real here though and just say what I’m thinking.

I’m not a diamond stud girl, nor a diamond pendant girl, and not even a diamond engagement ring girl despite having worn 2 in the past. I like things that are different from what everyone else has, and in the area I’ll be in for the next 7-8 years no one wears VCA. There are members of the community with considerable wealth and not a clover in sight, nor any other recognizable piece. Some of the college kids probably have Cartier Love bracelets; my hair lady and microblader both have Love rings… but I never see VCA. Same with pearls (kind of)—I can pinpoint the second I knew I wanted a pair of Really Amazing Pearl studs. I saw a student shopping with her mother at Hobby Lobby of all places back in 2012; she was dressed simply, hair up, and these mirror-like pearl studs on her ears. Ever since seeing those, I’ve kept that image in the back of my mind.

All this to say that MOP made great sense as my foray into Van Cleef. I mentioned in my thread about the ring in my avatar that I love the beach; pearls and MOP are in line with that inclination. And I really wanted to get back to white metals for a minute. I love the brightness, contrast against my skin tone and overall glow of a platinum or 18k WG piece.

@yssie I’ll have to go back in this thread to see your collection again but as I recall WG looks stunning on you. I think a WMOP suite should happen. Lol if I had endless amounts of your money to spend on your collection I’d grab the Magic bracelet, the assorted-stone Magic necklace (sorry the name eludes me rn) and the BTF ring to match. Fine, toss in a single row diamond Perlee. Ok, dream over.

ETA: pics of VCA, pearls, and a pair of WG diamond earrings and pendant that I’ll interchange. Earrings from JR Columbian, necklace is estate from Long’s.

All those white pearls and florals, they have a strong and unyielding aura about them, don’t they? Stark and regal. I took this photo of the forest behind my house last winter and I think this is one of the most beautiful and magical views I’ve ever had. Your collection photos made me think of this photo.

337F4420-D04B-4B98-BB31-688D1B14C40A.jpeg

The twenties are… Difficult for a lot of women, I think. They’re so chic on flat-fronted women. Difficult for anyone with a different body type though. Me, I can’t do necklaces of any sort, can’t stand anything round my neck. So don’t waste any wishes on my necklace collection :lol: I’m trying to remember who might have one of the Magic necklaces on PS… I mean, I can easily come up with people whom the sixteen would be stunning on!!

The WMOP that VCA uses is from white south sea oysters (pinctada maxima) - they take it from the oyster shell. Your studs are pearls from pinctada fucata… Japanese akoya pearls are almost always pinked as part of standard processing, that’s why they look a bit more pink than your WMOP. Top akoya will beat WSS on luster, But the nacre that akoya oysters produce is much too thin to be carving slabs from!! And WSS oysters’ nacre usually has more multicoloured iridescence. Makes VCA’s Alhambra motifs that much more interesting.

Amazing pearls at Hobby Lobby :bigsmile: That’s so random! But I get how it made an impression. I was on the subway in NYC probably fifteen years ago and a woman standing opposite me had the most beautiful wedding set - a big diamond that “hid” a skinny wedding band underneath. I tried so hard to not stare. That stranger’s wedding set definitely shaped what I wanted for myself, although it took me several more years to get there! I actually remember the moment I fell for pearls too. It was one of Andrew Moline’s photos. I’d guess the fact that my pearling started with a picture isn’t super surprising to anyone who knows me :bigsmile:

My next piece will be another Perlee bracelet for my stack. I hope, it’s on the no order list so I’ll just have to cross my fingers hoping one shows up one day ;( And after that… Time to reassess. We’ll see. I can say one thing for sure, you did well to buy your studs now rather than wait, akoya prices are going up and quality is getting rarer by the minute!!

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I don't own this yet but wandered into my very first VCA (on Newbury Street) and made the rounds looking for some iconic colored-stone treasures. The crowd was all female and mostly eyeing one of the Alhambra cases.

I saw this bracelet in a case in the back and was completely floored. Must be at least 15 ct of vivid blue sugarloaf-cab sapphire (plus a metric ton of diamonds and maybe even cab emeralds):

Screen Shot 2023-05-28 at 11.08.50 PM.png

The very kind saleswoman was dying to take it out for me to show me but I assured her it was out of my league. She could not have been more solicitous and I felt her time would have been much better spent with the crowd at least two-deep at the Alhambra counter. I guess that's what it means to be a man jewelry shopping with his son the week before Mother's Day. I have never been taken so seriously in all my life. :cool2:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock

Haha it's your goldilocks watch!

And yes! I think it's so interesting that in that era (for women's watches), the watch face is often hidden under some kind of design so it looks like a bracelet when worn. The cadenas, inspired by Wallis Simpson, wanted to break from tradition in a cheeky way - feels very VCA :cool2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I don't own this yet but wandered into my very first VCA (on Newbury Street) and made the rounds looking for some iconic colored-stone treasures. The crowd was all female and mostly eyeing one of the Alhambra cases.

I saw this bracelet in a case in the back and was completely floored. Must be at least 15 ct of vivid blue sugarloaf-cab sapphire (plus a metric ton of diamonds and maybe even cab emeralds):

Screen Shot 2023-05-28 at 11.08.50 PM.png

The very kind saleswoman was dying to take it out for me to show me but I assured her it was out of my league. She could not have been more solicitous and I felt her time would have been much better spent with the crowd at least two-deep at the Alhambra counter. I guess that's what it means to be a man jewelry shopping with his son the week before Mother's Day. I have never been taken so seriously in all my life. :cool2:

And untreated I’m sure! :love:

And the SA, she was likely thrilled to have a moment with a customer looking at something other than that super popular Alhambra case :bigsmile:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I purchased my second piece this week. My pics aren’t great but I’ll post what I have anyway. The WMOP Alhambra bracelet in WG…ordered from the VCA site with no modifications bc the 7.48” length is perfect for my wrist/hand size. My Andrew Moline pearl studs came today; I’ll try to sneak in a shot of one of them and post more in the pearls sub.

IMG_0167.jpeg

I'm loving your all white collection. Its clean, classic and vibrant against your skin tone. So versatile too, it could go with jeans and a sweater, or an evening out in a little black dress. Enjoy!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm loving your all white collection. Its clean, classic and vibrant against your skin tone. So versatile too, it could go with jeans and a sweater, or an evening out in a little black dress. Enjoy!

Thank you! We’re at the beach this week and I am loving the white. I have two more pieces on the way (unbranded inside out lab diamond hoop earrings and a WG Juste en Clou ring) and then I’m finished buying white metals for awhile.

I wore the bracelet and pendant with jeans and a white v-neck tee shirt last week and loved the look. Black looks kind of harsh on me (I’m an earth tones, neutrals person) but they would definitely work with a LBD!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s because they are launching a new Alhambra ring with a spinning motif. One side rose gold guilloche and the other carnelian. It’s already on socials and looks so much fun!

Whaaaat??? That sounds gorgeous

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I think it’s because they are launching a new Alhambra ring with a spinning motif. One side rose gold guilloche and the other carnelian. It’s already on socials and looks so much fun!

I saw the ring on the website and came here curious to see if anyone’s tried it on yet and has opinions to share? I’m so intrigued! :razz:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I saw the ring on the website and came here curious to see if anyone’s tried it on yet and has opinions to share? I’m so intrigued! :razz:

I tried randomly it on in store (didn’t realise it was a new design)! Watch out for sizing as it runs big - I’m normally a size 52/53 on my index finger but this was a 50. The SA said normally people were sizing down by 2 sizes.

The ring itself is a good idea - love that it’s a swivel and convertible to different looks. However, I personally wasn’t a fan of the straight and slightly bulky “shank” / sides that holds the mechanism in place - it felt a bit too chunky on my fingers.

The swivel mechanism felt very very sturdy though - it does take a bit of effort to change between the different motifs which is a good thing (and maybe why the shank is so thick?).

Would definitely recommend you try it on if possible - it’s a lovely piece but didn’t work for me.

(I enjoyed the diamond and onyx 5 motif bracelet though! :cool2:)

DB88ABA7-68AF-4950-9455-E61A8E7AECEB.jpeg

4CE274B9-1D71-4776-9413-A91426E2F7EB.jpeg
BE3B0ADF-E9A4-4EFC-864B-B28CD20D6E22.jpeg

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I tried randomly it on in store (didn’t realise it was a new design)! Watch out for sizing as it runs big - I’m normally a size 52/53 on my index finger but this was a 50. The SA said normally people were sizing down by 2 sizes.

The ring itself is a good idea - love that it’s a swivel and convertible to different looks. However, I personally wasn’t a fan of the straight and slightly bulky “shank” / sides that holds the mechanism in place - it felt a bit too chunky on my fingers.

The swivel mechanism felt very very sturdy though - it does take a bit of effort to change between the different motifs which is a good thing (and maybe why the shank is so thick?).

Would definitely recommend you try it on if possible - it’s a lovely piece but didn’t work for me.

(I enjoyed the diamond and onyx 5 motif bracelet though! :cool2:)

DB88ABA7-68AF-4950-9455-E61A8E7AECEB.jpeg

4CE274B9-1D71-4776-9413-A91426E2F7EB.jpeg
BE3B0ADF-E9A4-4EFC-864B-B28CD20D6E22.jpeg

Thanks @Pomelo !! Super helpful. =)2 I had the same thought about the height and bulk of the swivel area.

Is the diamond/onyx 5motif next on your list? I think all the gold tones look lovely on you!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Pomelo !! Super helpful. =)2 I had the same thought about the height and bulk of the swivel area.

Is the diamond/onyx 5motif next on your list? I think all the gold tones look lovely on you!

Hehe thanks, and (eek!) yes, the pave onyx 5-motif is indeed on the list!

I went into store to try on the sweet pave 6-motif that @LLJsmom posted a few days ago as it looks amazing on her but when I tried it on, I felt like it got lost on my wrist - I don't think my wrists are as dainty as hers...! Plus, I’m not a fan of wrist stacks; they look amazing but I get bad wrist pain from wearing too much wrist bling and typing on the computer at the same time :lol-2: So a bracelet would have to be standalone piece for both day and night.

I have been thinking about getting a diamond bracelet for a while - I don’t currently own a bracelet (only have a RG/YG bangle), and I think the decision is between a pave onyx 5-motif or a tennis bracelet.

After a bit of PS stalking, please may I call upon the collective wisdom of existing pave onyx owners for your opinion on the wearability/practicality of the piece for daily wear (including whether fingerprints on the onyx bothers you :geek2:) as well as how much you shortened it by / your wrist sizes? @diamondseeker2006 , @Tonks and @oldcutclubmember

I have included a photo of the fingerprinty onyx motifs - was surprised by this because my onyx ring doesn’t get as many fingerprints but that’s probably because of the little outcrop of bezelled diamond in the middle, shielding the onyx from my grubby fingers. Also, because I can’t directly see my other onyx pieces (pendant and earrings), I don’t scrutinise their cleanliness.

(Also compared the pave onyx with a full pave 10 motif in YG - the high quality diamonds look delicious against the WG!)

005EAEE6-458B-48F4-A761-F09958EA16E1.jpeg
B3AEAF78-4311-462E-A518-A90B8E968AFD.jpeg
BAEED617-98CF-4562-A59E-47F7685486CE.jpeg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I went into store to try on the sweet pave 6-motif that @LLJsmom posted a few days ago as it looks amazing on her but when I tried it on, I felt like it got lost on my wrist - I don't think my wrists are as dainty as hers...! Plus, I’m not a fan of wrist stacks; they look amazing but I get bad wrist pain from wearing too much wrist bling and typing on the computer at the same time :lol-2: So a bracelet would have to be standalone piece for both day and night.

I have been thinking about getting a diamond bracelet for a while - I don’t currently own a bracelet (only have a RG/YG bangle), and I think the decision is between a pave onyx 5-motif or a tennis bracelet.

After a bit of PS stalking, please may I call upon the collective wisdom of existing pave onyx owners for your opinion on the wearability/practicality of the piece for daily wear (including whether fingerprints on the onyx bothers you :geek2:) as well as how much you shortened it by / your wrist sizes? @diamondseeker2006 , @Tonks and @oldcutclubmember

I have included a photo of the fingerprinty onyx motifs - was surprised by this because my onyx ring doesn’t get as many fingerprints but that’s probably because of the little outcrop of bezelled diamond in the middle, shielding the onyx from my grubby fingers. Also, because I can’t directly see my other onyx pieces (pendant and earrings), I don’t scrutinise their cleanliness.

(Also compared the pave onyx with a full pave 10 motif in YG - the high quality diamonds look delicious against the WG!)

Hi Pomelo!
Thanks so much for posting all this VCA eye candy for us to enjoy!
I had previously tried to find a picture the new swiveling ring but to no avail so double than you for that.
Also I adore the combo of the oynx with white gold and diamonds. The 2 bracelets stacked are just outstanding!!!
LOVE IT ALL!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

To me, the onyx pave bracelet is one of the most beautiful Alhambra bracelets. I actually love all the stone/pave combinations, but this one is my favorite (other than the lapis/pave that now lives with my friend @yssie). I don't notice a problem with fingerprints because I try to avoid picking up the bracelet by touching the motifs or else I just wipe them off if I see a smudge. You really don't touch them much while wearing it. That said, this isn't a daily wear bracelet for me because I am very casual 95% of the time. I want it to stay in excellent condition, so I'd likely only wear the solid gold on a daily basis or a small tennis bracelet. I think the sweet pave 6 motif is a beautiful alternative to a small tennis bracelet, too.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

Ahh, the onyx pave. I love love LOVE this bracelet.

Yes, the onyx fingerprints. It does not bother me one bit. I just wipe it on my shirt or whatever is handy if it bugs me and otherwise I just don’t worry about it.

My wrist measures 6.5 inches at the wristbone and I removed two links, so I think it measures 7 inches. If it were a tennis I might go a teensy bit longer, but with this I wanted to minimize flipping of the pave motifs. They do still sometimes flip but it’s not bad.

As to wearability…..I wear the heck out of this bracelet with whatever I have on. As in, leggings and a t shirt. Now, it does only have two pave motifs versus three onyx. So while it has bling it’s not like a tennis bracelet. My advice would be to settle on how blingy you want to be. If more blingy—-tennis. If a bit more subtle—onyx pave.

I am really not kidding about the t shirts.
IMG_9080.jpeg

IMG_9101.jpeg

So one thing to consider is that depending on the size of your wrist, you will see more or less motifs at a time. My wrist is large enough that I get one pave motif in view. And while they sparkle like crazy, it is a very different effect than a tennis bracelet or an all pave Alhambra.

IMG_6458.jpeg

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
To me, the onyx pave bracelet is one of the most beautiful Alhambra bracelets. I actually love all the stone/pave combinations, but this one is my favorite (other than the lapis/pave that now lives with my friend @yssie). I don't notice a problem with fingerprints because I try to avoid picking up the bracelet by touching the motifs or else I just wipe them off if I see a smudge. You really don't touch them much while wearing it. That said, this isn't a daily wear bracelet for me because I am very casual 95% of the time. I want it to stay in excellent condition, so I'd likely only wear the solid gold on a daily basis or a small tennis bracelet. I think the sweet pave 6 motif is a beautiful alternative to a small tennis bracelet, too.

Thanks DS for your thoughts! Your love / care of your jewellery really shines through ❤️

Out of interest, what kind of wear and tear are you concerned about regarding daily wear for this bracelet e.g. have you ever seen / heard of diamonds falling out of the pave?

Ahh, the onyx pave. I love love LOVE this bracelet.

Yes, the onyx fingerprints. It does not bother me one bit. I just wipe it on my shirt or whatever is handy if it bugs me and otherwise I just don’t worry about it.

My wrist measures 6.5 inches at the wristbone and I removed two links, so I think it measures 7 inches. If it were a tennis I might go a teensy bit longer, but with this I wanted to minimize flipping of the pave motifs. They do still sometimes flip but it’s not bad.

As to wearability…..I wear the heck out of this bracelet with whatever I have on. As in, leggings and a t shirt. Now, it does only have two pave motifs versus three onyx. So while it has bling it’s not like a tennis bracelet. My advice would be to settle on how blingy you want to be. If more blingy—-tennis. If a bit more subtle—onyx pave.

I am really not kidding about the t shirts.
IMG_9080.jpeg

IMG_9101.jpeg

So one thing to consider is that depending on the size of your wrist, you will see more or less motifs at a time. My wrist is large enough that I get one pave motif in view. And while they sparkle like crazy, it is a very different effect than a tennis bracelet or an all pave Alhambra.

IMG_6458.jpeg

Gosh, what an amazing combo - both the wrist stack but also with the Def Leppard tee (and Vivian + Rolex)! :kiss2: Would you be comfortable doing your exercise routine with the bracelet on? I saw in the Cartier thread that you tend to wear your solid gold Cartier bangles (whilst listing crazy heavy weights!).

Great point about getting it a bit smaller to prevent flipping and how many motifs you see at once, although I noticed that the back/pavilion side of the pave also sparkles beautifully. My wrist is 14cm / 5.5in and I'm wondering whether this is enough to enable me to glimpse three motifs at a time (can currently see two - a pave and an onyx).

Lots of food for thought... Thank you both!

(Although I'm worried this might kick-start a WG/platinum habit... but that's for another day)

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DS for your thoughts! Your love / care of your jewellery really shines through ❤️

Out of interest, what kind of wear and tear are you concerned about regarding daily wear for this bracelet e.g. have you ever seen / heard of diamonds falling out of the pave?

Gosh, what an amazing combo - both the wrist stack but also with the Def Leppard tee (and Vivian + Rolex)! :kiss2: Would you be comfortable doing your exercise routine with the bracelet on? I saw in the Cartier thread that you tend to wear your solid gold Cartier bangles (whilst listing crazy heavy weights!).

Great point about getting it a bit smaller to prevent flipping and how many motifs you see at once, although I noticed that the back/pavilion side of the pave also sparkles beautifully. My wrist is 14cm / 5.5in and I'm wondering whether this is enough to enable me to glimpse three motifs at a time (can currently see two - a pave and an onyx).

Lots of food for thought... Thank you both!

(Although I'm worried this might kick-start a WG/platinum habit... but that's for another day)

I would definitely not work out in the onyx pave, or in my wg Alhambra. For one thing, i wouldn’t want to sweat on the onyx. It would probably be fine but eww. You would see it like fingerprints. Also, I use a lot of chalk. Wouldn’t want that in those tiny perlee edges. And finally, I use wrist wraps to bench press. The alhambras are not big enough to push up my arm over where the wraps would be. The Cartier bangles can go up that far. But honestly, I don’t tend to wear those on bench days.

So I guess what I’m saying is that overall the Cartier bangle seem a big more hardy and I have no qualms about working out in those. I would not work out in a tennis bracelet either, fwiw.

Now, if I were doing something like a barre class or Pilates, my answer might be completely different.

Things I weigh when thinking about any piece of jewelry and exercise:
—Your safety. Never never do rings. Do not google degloving, just trust me on this. No rings unless silicone. If martial arts, no anything as it’s a danger to you and to others. Really consider whether even studs are worth it because repairing an earlobe would be awful.
—Safety of jewelry. Are you going to get it caught on something or bang it?
—Your comfort. If it’s going to hurt, that’s a no for me.

Hope that helps!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pomelo the onyx is amazing on you and really pops against your skin tone. Lovely! I definitely see the issue w the thickness of the shank on the swivel ring. I like the look a lot though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results