shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Tiffany!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the three petal pave too. I love Tiffany pieces but am wondering - not to play devil’s advocate - but how would the price compare to a single diamond bezel pendant? Maybe you already have one or maybe you don’t want one but just for a dollar to dollar comparison? Tiffany pieces can be subtle but in person sometimes pack more of a punch than you think. Just wondering what would give you the most bag for the buck!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I like the three petal pave too. I love Tiffany pieces but am wondering - not to play devil’s advocate - but how would the price compare to a single diamond bezel pendant? Maybe you already have one or maybe you don’t want one but just for a dollar to dollar comparison? Tiffany pieces can be subtle but in person sometimes pack more of a punch than you think. Just wondering what would give you the most bag for the buck!
It is a VERY reasonable question! I actually have a 4.7mm OEC diamond that I inherited from an old brooch my grandfather smuggled out of Nazi germany when he fled as a German Jew - I’m waiting to set it into something special for an anniversary since it has so much sentimental value. I’m not sure what yet…but I know I’ll choose a platinum pendant so I wanted a rose gold piece in the meantime as I don’t expect I’ll want more than 2-4 necklaces in my whole collection over time

so I was hoping to get a lovely daily necklace from Tiffany’s. I think they are iconic and I tend to like jewelry that’s a bit whimsical - I was also considering VCA!

Sorry that was more info than you asked for, hah!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a VERY reasonable question! I actually have a 4.7mm OEC diamond that I inherited from an old brooch my grandfather smuggled out of Nazi germany when he fled as a German Jew - I’m waiting to set it into something special for an anniversary since it has so much sentimental value. I’m not sure what yet…but I know I’ll choose a platinum pendant so I wanted a rose gold piece in the meantime as I don’t expect I’ll want more than 2-4 necklaces in my whole collection over time

so I was hoping to get a lovely daily necklace from Tiffany’s. I think they are iconic and I tend to like jewelry that’s a bit whimsical - I was also considering VCA!

Did you check out the new "Knot" collection? I've not seen it IRL (no pun intended) but it looks lovely online. The petal collection is very sweet.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Makes perfect sense! That diamond from your grandfather sounds amazing - ooh the history and story that diamond could tell - priceless!
There is something very special about Tiffany jewelry and I get it! My wedding band is Tiffany and I never saw another one made quite like it so I totally understand.
Go get your necklace girlie and post tons of pics!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Did you check out the new "Knot" collection? I've not seen it IRL (no pun intended) but it looks lovely online. The petal collection is very sweet.

The knot collection is very cool - I think not as much my style - I tend to like flora and fauna more than anything else...but I didn't see it in the store so when I go in next I will have to check it out!

I was also dying to try on the Victoria earrings so may have to do that as well! :kiss2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Makes perfect sense! That diamond from your grandfather sounds amazing - ooh the history and story that diamond could tell - priceless!
There is something very special about Tiffany jewelry and I get it! My wedding band is Tiffany and I never saw another one made quite like it so I totally understand.
Go get your necklace girlie and post tons of pics!

You are sweet, thank you. The diamond itself isn't that well-cut (massive table) - but I will definitely give her a special home. I am so grateful that I have it!

And you are sweet...I think I will just have to get it! I also learned that the paper flowers collection is mostly discontinued...so all the more reason to get it now!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I just went to Tiffany’s (how blessed am I to live near one!) and fully intended to purchase the Olive branch rose gold necklace.
Well…I was totally underwhelmed. The collection didn’t suit me at all…I took picks for fun but it just didn’t mesh with my style like I expected…I was so disappointed! :((

(sorry about the long white cat hair from my Ragdoll that made an unsightly appearance)

6D6559A1-DE21-4B82-956B-2A2454ABCBB1.jpeg 40E3A724-EF59-4638-9C7C-8902AB0BB300.jpeg 4FDC0DD5-8B79-441A-96E3-3F7858C63AFE.jpeg

I poked around the store and immediately fell in love with the paper flowers collection. Oh no! Everything was more than I wanted to spend…but I think I will buy one as they are discontinuing both of the necklaces I loved.

I am debating between the full pave version or the one with a single solid metal petal. Both rose gold. This is a BIG splurge for me, but I’m doing it to celebrate a big new job! After this I’m on a serious bling ban!

what do you guys think? I’m leaning towards the one with one solid metal petal - I tend to be pretty casual / not too flashy

84847683-CCA6-4878-9D27-FEDFACF997EE.jpeg 532EA5B2-9F0F-4E5B-8239-49596F5FA9B2.jpeg

I tried on this one too but it was way too subtle…thought I’d share for fun.

82A156C1-E3D0-46AB-B929-DCABA7780EAD.jpeg

Congrats on your new job!!! That is very cool and deserving of a blingy treat.

I love the paper flowers on you! As to which one, that is difficult to say. I think it comes down to which you'd wear more. I like both of the solid ones (not the cut-out one as much.) You may want to try on the VCA ones too if you can (though it is difficult b/c of the low stock). I do think the olive ring looks lovely on you in the photos, but I know how things can look different in person than they do in pics, so you've got to trust your gut instinct.

I tried on all three of the Victoria earrings recently and I loved them. When I get a moment I'll try to post the pics so you can see what they look like on if you don't get the opportunity to try them in person.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your new job!!! That is very cool and deserving of a blingy treat.

I love the paper flowers on you! As to which one, that is difficult to say. I think it comes down to which you'd wear more. I like both of the solid ones (not the cut-out one as much.) You may want to try on the VCA ones too if you can (though it is difficult b/c of the low stock). I do think the olive ring looks lovely on you in the photos, but I know how things can look different in person than they do in pics, so you've got to trust your gut instinct.

I tried on all three of the Victoria earrings recently and I loved them. When I get a moment I'll try to post the pics so you can see what they look like on if you don't get the opportunity to try them in person.

Thank you so much! <3

Of the Olive branch, I did like the ring best, but I probably would be bothered by the sensation of it on my fingers...it wasn't uncomfortable, but it wasn't exactly comfortable either.

I totally agree with the cutout paper flowers pendant - it was too subtle. I think my heart wants the one with the solid, single petal. It feels a bit quirkier and more my style for some reason.

I did think I would enjoy trying on some VCA items too...the only contender for me is the Frivole rose gold mini pendant with pave (I wish they had one without, but they don't!), but I know it is quite a bit out of budget. I fear that if I try it on - I will have a hard time letting it go! But I do think for such a big purchase (for me, anyway) perhaps it is worth seeing if I can try anything on. No matter what, VCA frivole anything is one my one-day-dream-list.

And I would LOVE to see the Victoria earrings! I have very small ear lobes that were unfortunately pierced unevenly (drives me nuts) so luckily I can't even be tempted by larger sizes because I know they won't fit. I expect I would get the mini or small one day...

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much! <3

Of the Olive branch, I did like the ring best, but I probably would be bothered by the sensation of it on my fingers...it wasn't uncomfortable, but it wasn't exactly comfortable either.

I totally agree with the cutout paper flowers pendant - it was too subtle. I think my heart wants the one with the solid, single petal. It feels a bit quirkier and more my style for some reason.

I did think I would enjoy trying on some VCA items too...the only contender for me is the Frivole rose gold mini pendant with pave (I wish they had one without, but they don't!), but I know it is quite a bit out of budget. I fear that if I try it on - I will have a hard time letting it go! But I do think for such a big purchase (for me, anyway) perhaps it is worth seeing if I can try anything on. No matter what, VCA frivole anything is one my one-day-dream-list.

And I would LOVE to see the Victoria earrings! I have very small ear lobes that were unfortunately pierced unevenly (drives me nuts) so luckily I can't even be tempted by larger sizes because I know they won't fit. I expect I would get the mini or small one day...

The Paper Flowers pendants are gorgeous on you! I think both are beautiful, so I vote for the one with one solid gold petal, if there is a substantial price difference. I love the mirror shine. There's one on Fashionphile right now with a decent discount off retail. https://www.fashionphile.com/p/tiffany-18k-rose-gold-diamond-paper-flowers-pendant-necklace-702655

I also love VCA, but VCA with diamonds is outrageously expensive, beyond what I could justify paying. On the plus side, the prices make Tiffany look reasonable.

I also love Tiffany's whimsical nature-inspired designs. The Knot collection is cool, but not my style, either.

Only somewhat related, Tori Amos is wearing the large rose gold Olive Leaf pendant in a photo from the booklet to her new album. She's my absolute favorite, so this makes me want to add the pendant to my collection. :)

PXL_20211031_205358286.jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
The Paper Flowers pendants are gorgeous on you! I think both are beautiful, so I vote for the one with one solid gold petal, if there is a substantial price difference. I love the mirror shine. There's one on Fashionphile right now with a decent discount off retail. https://www.fashionphile.com/p/tiffany-18k-rose-gold-diamond-paper-flowers-pendant-necklace-702655

I also love VCA, but VCA with diamonds is outrageously expensive, beyond what I could justify paying. On the plus side, the prices make Tiffany look reasonable.

I also love Tiffany's whimsical nature-inspired designs. The Knot collection is cool, but not my style, either.

Only somewhat related, Tori Amos is wearing the large rose gold Olive Leaf pendant in a photo from the booklet to her new album. She's my absolute favorite, so this makes me want to add the pendant to my collection. :)

PXL_20211031_205358286.jpg

Have you ever bought pre loved Tiffany for any of your items? I have never bought a pre loved item and wasn’t sure if they’d still service it. I saw this listing and noticed there was no paperwork. Not sure if that’s normal

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cerulean I love the paper flowers on you!! Especially the solid with two pave and one plain petal. Precise and glamorous, but still artsy and whimsical :love: Just like you! The single gold petal makes it more special and more instantly recognizable, in my opinion. I know that some people think Paper Flowers is overly similar to Frivole, but to my eyes they're very different stylistically - really the only thing they've got in common is three petals and goodness knows that isn't unique!

These are the other three pieces that jump to mind. Specifically blue and white ::)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean I love the paper flowers on you!! Especially the solid with two pave and one plain petal. Precise and glamorous, but still artsy and whimsical :love: Just like you! The single gold petal makes it more special and more instantly recognizable, in my opinion. I know that some people think Paper Flowers is overly similar to Frivole, but to my eyes they're very different stylistically - really the only thing they've got in common is three petals and goodness knows that isn't unique!

These are the other three pieces that jump to mind. Specifically blue and white ::)

Thank you for weighing in, I appreciate it! I have also read about the comparison with the Frivole but they seem very different! The Paper Flowers seems a bit more modern and fresh, but the Frivole is wonderfully sculptural and just a classic, femme look. One day, I hope to have something from both! My heart is leaning towards the single metal petal. I think if I get one, it’ll have to be that one!

The brackets are all stunning…but that Chalcedony bracelet in particular is just gorgeous. If I had a favorite color - that would be it, so you nailed it!

I do think for this piece - whatever it is - I want it for daily wear, something I could even sleep or shower in when I’m feeling…lazy. I assume the VCA motifs with the softer materials would need babying? Maybe it’s taboo to even suggest sleeping and showering in jewelry but I am just being honest about my current habits!

EDIT: I also have an Edwardian moonstone (with blue sheen) silver bracelet coming for Christmas that’s basically that color palette! :lol:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for weighing in, I appreciate it! I have also read about the comparison with the Frivole but they seem very different! The Paper Flowers seems a bit more modern and fresh, but the Frivole is wonderfully sculptural and just a classic, femme look. One day, I hope to have something from both! My heart is leaning towards the single metal petal. I think if I get one, it’ll have to be that one!

The brackets are all stunning…but that Chalcedony bracelet in particular is just gorgeous. If I had a favorite color - that would be it, so you nailed it!

I do think for this piece - whatever it is - I want it for daily wear, something I could even sleep or shower in when I’m feeling…lazy. I assume the VCA motifs with the softer materials would need babying? Maybe it’s taboo to even suggest sleeping and showering in jewelry but I am just being honest about my current habits!

EDIT: I also have an Edwardian moonstone (with blue sheen) silver bracelet coming for Christmas that’s basically that color palette! :lol:

Ahh. Yeah, I think for daily wear any of their stones is a tough ask, aside from the solid gold and pave pieces. And you're right about VCA diamond pricing - it's highway robbery :eek-2: (Let's ignore the fact that we can't seem to help ourselves anyway...)

I do love the PF though. I always have. Feminine and youthful - but in a way that I think will age very gracefully. Not overly girly or cutesy by any means. And it would complement any number of other pieces from any number of other brands! And it looks lovely on you. I could see you enjoying that piece for years and years ::)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Okay. I know this isn't helpful. But I have to throw this out there too. Reputable reseller.

https://www.annsfabulousfinds.com/c...se-cut-diamond-garden-flower-pierced-earrings
1635742245866.png

I swear you’ve got my style nailed! I saw those and just about died! I’d love to have rose cuts, and these are so lovely…I think they are just too far out of budget atm and a little larger than I’d be comfortable with. Granted I’m taking a guess - but these must be somewhere around 10-12mm?

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Those rose cut earrings are gorgeous, @yssie, and I'm going to throw these beauties out there. I would have bought them already, at this price, if I had not already spent every last cent of my jewelry budget.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 5.08.32 PM.png

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Have you ever bought pre loved Tiffany for any of your items? I have never bought a pre loved item and wasn’t sure if they’d still service it. I saw this listing and noticed there was no paperwork. Not sure if that’s normal

Oh, for sure! My two most recent Tiffany pieces are from Fashionphile. They are trustworthy. I wouldn't expect paperwork with anything except a major diamond piece. I expect that I will buy my next piece, the olive leaf hoops, directly from the boutique, but wouldn't hesitate to snap them up if I saw them pre-owned first.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those rose cut earrings are gorgeous, @yssie, and I'm going to throw these beauties out there. I would have bought them already, at this price, if I had not already spent every last cent of my jewelry budget.

OMG. These are SO you @DorotheaBrooke :love:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

Omg you guys I have those in my Fashionphile cart :lol: If only I had the funds! Hope they end up in the PS family!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Had a blast at Tiffany’s yesterday. The chicago Tiffany’s location has top notch service - it was infinitely better than my experience at Cartier ( not that it was bad, but it was not good either)

They remembered me the moment I walked in at the door! I am a GIANT (6’1) so I’m probably pretty recognizable :lol:

First things first - I GOT MY PAPER FLOWERS NECKLACE!

I’m smitten. I think I’ll have to drop it off to be lengthened a little, but will wear it another week to be sure. I compared it to the platinum - but rose gold was meant to be.

05CB3B50-5060-4F61-A163-991F425671AE.jpeg
(I also tried on these little rose gold hoops, but they were too…subtle. PS has ruined me!)

635FE39E-055F-467F-A715-373A2F5EBF81.jpeg 72100E13-90A8-4BA5-B1D8-C44A4D403094.jpeg

my first Tiffany’s purchase! :kiss2:
A4D7BB38-FA50-464D-A8D3-1B7CC4B97B69.jpeg

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Next - I wanted to try on earrings to plot my next purchase - I wanted to make sure I chose something that “went” with the necklace but was not too matchy matchy.

I fell in love with the small version of their diamond hoops, I’d want rose gold, but they seemed really REALLY expensive for the value ($8.9k) for so may have to get a similar look elsewhere

3173FABD-9BE6-43BF-88EC-F81C58D25ADF.jpeg

the biggest surprise of the day was how little I liked the Victoria earrings on me! And I have lusted after them for a while so expected they’d be tearing them from my hands! The importance of trying things on…

Mini in platinum, small in rose gold (sorry these look wonky - I struggled with the backs!)

6A326CB4-8263-48B3-B301-E6F37001BD6D.jpeg
1DDD3E1A-B2A4-471F-BCF7-295FADCBB58D.jpeg

lastly, the SA recommended I try the mini and small soleste in rose gold…who am I to say no? Pretty, but not for me

Here’s the small
0526E952-F55C-4EE5-B295-EE8DC773163B.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to you!! I love the pendant and I love the diamond hoops on you but I get you on the price! Your pics are great - we all could have been standing there with you. From the job to the pendant you did a fabulous job!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to you!! I love the pendant and I love the diamond hoops on you but I get you on the price! Your pics are great - we all could have been standing there with you. From the job to the pendant you did a fabulous job!

Thank you so much! :kiss2: I find online photos so unhelpful most of the time - so I figured sharing my normal-person photos might give people (who can’t walk into a store) an idea of what things actually look like!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YESSSSSSSSS…..
So you got the pendant with the one plain petal??
My fave on you!!!! :love: :love: :appl:

I hear you on RG!! White metal is stark and bold - RG is cozy and personal and suits you really well in this style… Team RG all the way into that blue box :appl: :bigsmile: CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Perfect choice!!

LOVE the hoops on you!! But yeouch. Tiff is priced SO reasonably for some things and so wildly tragically for others, I can’t make sense of it! Other brands I’m just resigned to wildly tragic across the board - Tiffany gets your hopes up… :lol: :read: :shifty:

And I had EXACTLY the same reaction to the Victoria. They probably look fab on folks with tiny lobes? Or maybe folks with attached lobes? On me - I was totally underwhelmed. Hey, saved a boatload, no complaints! :lol:

Wait. OMG. Wait. I have the perfect hoops. From BN. I had them in my cart for eons. Do they still exist!? Checking!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Next - I wanted to try on earrings to plot my next purchase - I wanted to make sure I chose something that “went” with the necklace but was not too matchy matchy.

I fell in love with the small version of their diamond hoops, I’d want rose gold, but they seemed really REALLY expensive for the value ($8.9k) for so may have to get a similar look elsewhere

3173FABD-9BE6-43BF-88EC-F81C58D25ADF.jpeg

the biggest surprise of the day was how little I liked the Victoria earrings on me! And I have lusted after them for a while so expected they’d be tearing them from my hands! The importance of trying things on…

Mini in platinum, small in rose gold (sorry these look wonky - I struggled with the backs!)

6A326CB4-8263-48B3-B301-E6F37001BD6D.jpeg
1DDD3E1A-B2A4-471F-BCF7-295FADCBB58D.jpeg

lastly, the SA recommended I try the mini and small soleste in rose gold…who am I to say no? Pretty, but not for me

Here’s the small
0526E952-F55C-4EE5-B295-EE8DC773163B.jpeg

Your necklace is gorgeous! Enjoy!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
YESSSSSSSSS…..
So you got the pendant with the one plain petal??
My fave on you!!!! :love: :love: :appl:

I hear you on RG!! White metal is stark and bold - RG is cozy and personal and suits you really well in this style… Team RG all the way into that blue box :appl: :bigsmile: CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Perfect choice!!

LOVE the hoops on you!! But yeouch. Tiff is priced SO reasonably for some things and so wildly tragically for others, I can’t make sense of it! Other brands I’m just resigned to wildly tragic across the board - Tiffany gets your hopes up… :lol: :read: :shifty:

And I had EXACTLY the same reaction to the Victoria. They probably look fab on folks with tiny lobes? Or maybe folks with attached lobes? On me - I was totally underwhelmed. Hey, saved a boatload, no complaints! :lol:

Wait. OMG. Wait. I have the perfect hoops. From BN. I had them in my cart for eons. Do they still exist!? Checking!!

Thank you so much. <3

Yes indeed, plain petal all the way! I couldn’t get it out my my mind! So glad I snagged it - there are only a few dozen left, as I think it’s now a discontinued style. Boo!

And glad to know I wasn’t crazy with my reaction to those hoops…I was a bit shocked! Those BN ones are BEAUTIFUL! :kiss2: Also way more budget friendly, but not exactly cheap either.:lol:

They are truly perfect. So delicate and feminine. I know I’m on a serious bling ban after my reset for at least a year as we need to seriously save for a house, so waiting won’t be so bad in the event that they do have a sale!

My next purchase will be those hoops you found…or the Omega De Ville Prestige with the stainless steel strap, MOP face and red dial to tie my plat + RG together :Up_to_something:

adlgel

Shiny_Rock

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Had a blast at Tiffany’s yesterday. The chicago Tiffany’s location has top notch service - it was infinitely better than my experience at Cartier ( not that it was bad, but it was not good either)

They remembered me the moment I walked in at the door! I am a GIANT (6’1) so I’m probably pretty recognizable :lol:

First things first - I GOT MY PAPER FLOWERS NECKLACE!

I’m smitten. I think I’ll have to drop it off to be lengthened a little, but will wear it another week to be sure. I compared it to the platinum - but rose gold was meant to be.

05CB3B50-5060-4F61-A163-991F425671AE.jpeg
(I also tried on these little rose gold hoops, but they were too…subtle. PS has ruined me!)

635FE39E-055F-467F-A715-373A2F5EBF81.jpeg 72100E13-90A8-4BA5-B1D8-C44A4D403094.jpeg

my first Tiffany’s purchase! :kiss2:
A4D7BB38-FA50-464D-A8D3-1B7CC4B97B69.jpeg

What a great choice! It looks perfect on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results