shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, I am definitely keeping mine! I've been wearing it all the time except for shower/bed and am totally in love with it. PXL_20210902_151122483.MP.jpg

I missed several watches and one was yours! I think you made the perfect choice to go with your collection! I have the medium and it’s definitely more casual/sporty.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my husband and I always like looking at and trying on watches. He is obsessed with them and has a few nice ones. I only have one in white metal and one yellow so I can wear with my yellow and white gold jewellery.

We were in Omega and I was eying up a de ville which I really fell for and he kept saying “oh why don’t you get it, you work so hard, go on treat yourself” etc. Well of course I didn’t. But I was at the mall yesterday with my youngest daughter and we walked past Omega and I thought I’d just go try it on.

Got chatting to the sales guy and he sorted me out with a 20% discount - which was a little under even the second hand price I’d seen online. So I made a snap decision and bought it. They even adjusted the strap in the shop so I could wear it home and I was very smug and thrilled about it.

Until I showed my husband and he said “seriously?! I was going to get you that for Christmas!! What am I going to buy you now”. Ugh. Feeling very deflated and guilty now about something I’d been very perked up about.

It’s pretty though isn’t it for everyday wear.

5EC11185-C57F-4F68-AE69-A739080D84A1.jpeg

It's beautiful! I really love Omega watches. Tell hubby you'll give it back to him on Christmas Eve. He can wrap it and it will be from him on Christmas, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missed this beauty!!! Love it so much! Now I want this and the black dial Rolex! Thanks a lot for tempting me again! :lol:

Well I think you NEED both but I have to say that I really, really love this one. Maybe because it's like an opal. You never know what color it's going to show.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
20210807_074454.jpg

Black Bay gold and steel 32mm. I love the lume. Easy to read without my readers at night.

cm_ls1

Shiny_Rock
hello :)

mkT0bcD.jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’m curious - does anyone an Omega De Ville Prestige in the 27mm size? I’m loving it but can’t seem to find many shots of people wearing it…

This is the particular model I’ve been coveting:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I am here to just straight up rant about Rolex. I can't stand them. But I love them and I wish I had just made up my mind years ago when there were a ton of them, and I wish I didn't need the cyclops but I live for that thing. And I've got 26 datejusts, but just no 31 datejust. And I know I should just wait and not succumb to the secondary market but I'm in a vulnerable state and need people to tell me NOT to weaken. Wait. Wait. Wait. It may take a year or two, but just wait until I can order exactly what I want and NOT pay the $2-$3K premium. Ok, rant over.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I am here to just straight up rant about Rolex. I can't stand them. But I love them and I wish I had just made up my mind years ago when there were a ton of them, and I wish I didn't need the cyclops but I live for that thing. And I've got 26 datejusts, but just no 31 datejust. And I know I should just wait and not succumb to the secondary market but I'm in a vulnerable state and need people to tell me NOT to weaken. Wait. Wait. Wait. It may take a year or two, but just wait until I can order exactly what I want and NOT pay the $2-$3K premium. Ok, rant over.
The AD I went to yesterday literally had NOTHING for sale. Not one single Rolex. I hear you!! But you will definitely be able to get the model you want at retail—there is no way Rolex can stay like this forever.

I also went to a Blancpain boutique yesterday, and I’m seriously considering going a different direction and getting a Blancpain on a leather strap instead of the Rolex I had picked out…

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The AD I went to yesterday literally had NOTHING for sale. Not one single Rolex. I hear you!! But you will definitely be able to get the model you want at retail—there is no way Rolex can stay like this forever.

I also went to a Blancpain boutique yesterday, and I’m seriously considering going a different direction and getting a Blancpain on a leather strap instead of the Rolex I had picked out…

I’m sorry Sandy. It’s too annoying!!!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SandyK I’ll share something funny because I know you would understand. I too am seriously considering an IWC because I freaking need a watch with a date and. I love IWC but I also know it won’t scratch the itch. Argh!! Or a reverso, I which might annoy me more because they don’t have dates either. But I was able to score this for my mom. This is an unexpectedly stunning and beautiful OP but NO DATE.
133C65EB-7E89-49CE-AF4D-3F1B5479357A.jpeg

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
@SandyK I’ll share something funny because I know you would understand. I too am seriously considering an IWC because I freaking need a watch with a date and. I love IWC but I also know it won’t scratch the itch. Argh!! Or a reverso, I which might annoy me more because they don’t have dates either. But I was able to score this for my mom. This is an unexpectedly stunning and beautiful OP but NO DATE.
133C65EB-7E89-49CE-AF4D-3F1B5479357A.jpeg

Nice job on the OP for your Mom!! That's so sweet of you, and it looks great.

And so funny, I also looked at IWC and they have a leather strap watch I like and have considered getting instead of a Rolex. Both IWC and the JLC Reverso are so different from the Rolex you want; agree that those could be in addition to the Rolex, but not a replacement...so I think you just have to keep waiting :(:(

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice job on the OP for your Mom!! That's so sweet of you, and it looks great.

And so funny, I also looked at IWC and they have a leather strap watch I like and have considered getting instead of a Rolex. Both IWC and the JLC Reverso are so different from the Rolex you want; agree that those could be in addition to the Rolex, but not a replacement...so I think you just have to keep waiting :(:(
Funny you considered IWC too. And yes, so different from Rolex. Exactly. If I got those I would still want Rolex.

I succumbed. I just ordered from a reseller and I get it tomorrow. The internal debate was endless. I hated paying the premium because I passed on so many opportunities in the past to buy what I wanted. I could not make up my mind and I thought I had time. I’m so upset at myself. And I talked to one of my ADs and they just literally admitted that the owners pick and choose who they offer a watch to. People who buy jewelry are less likely to be resellers. It is worse than Hermes. So I decided to choose exactly what I wanted (without ever having tried the combo) and paying extra rather than wait and end up settling for something not exactly what I wanted but I buy because I don’t know when I will get another piece offered to me. It’s long and convoluted but there it is.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Funny you considered IWC too. And yes, so different from Rolex. Exactly. If I got those I would still want Rolex.

I succumbed. I just ordered from a reseller and I get it tomorrow. The internal debate was endless. I hated paying the premium because I passed on so many opportunities in the past to buy what I wanted. I could not make up my mind and I thought I had time. I’m so upset at myself. And I talked to one of my ADs and they just literally admitted that the owners pick and choose who they offer a watch to. People who buy jewelry are less likely to be resellers. It is worse than Hermes. So I decided to choose exactly what I wanted (without ever having tried the combo) and paying extra rather than wait and end up settling for something not exactly what I wanted but I buy because I don’t know when I will get another piece offered to me. It’s long and convoluted but there it is.

I don't blame you at all!! You picked the perfect watch and it is going to be stunning--I can't wait to see pics!! It could easily be 1-2 years before you can place an order at an AD again, assuming things go back to the way they were before. The markup for a DJ is not bad, especially compared to the markup for the professional models. 1-2 years is a long time to wait and drive yourself crazy--just think how much more efficient you will be now that you will finally have your dream Rolex :D:D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't blame you at all!! You picked the perfect watch and it is going to be stunning--I can't wait to see pics!! It could easily be 1-2 years before you can place an order at an AD again, assuming things go back to the way they were before. The markup for a DJ is not bad, especially compared to the markup for the professional models. 1-2 years is a long time to wait and drive yourself crazy--just think how much more efficient you will be now that you will finally have your dream Rolex :D:D

I paid 17.7% above market. That seems like a lot but I guess from an absolute value standpoint it's not that much because DJs are not that expensive in the first place, compared to Daytonas and all gold watches. And I got the turquoise at retail so that was nice. I guess it evens out. It's too bad I'm not a reseller. Otherwise I could make a good profit. I'll post as soon as I get comfortable with the watch. I hope it arrives tomorrow, but there could be a day delay I suppose.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I paid 17.7% above market. That seems like a lot but I guess from an absolute value standpoint it's not that much because DJs are not that expensive in the first place, compared to Daytonas and all gold watches. And I got the turquoise at retail so that was nice. I guess it evens out. It's too bad I'm not a reseller. Otherwise I could make a good profit. I'll post as soon as I get comfortable with the watch. I hope it arrives tomorrow, but there could be a day delay I suppose.

I am contemplating doing this too, because I want to get my husband a Submariner. How did you get comfortable with authenticity, if you don't mind my asking? Thanks so much.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I vintage Cartier and a diamond Cyma watch. I was told Cyma made watches for Tiffany's but honestly, I didn't care. I loved the shape and size of the watch! 20210707_100538.jpg 20210707_100716.jpg 20210707_100701.jpg 20210707_100528.jpg

@cushioncutnut : how fo you feel about your Cartier Panthere Ruban?
I love it , but I know it's very heavy, so I'm afraid it might be not very comfortable.
What about the mother of pearl dial? Classic or fashionable?
Thanks in advance.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am contemplating doing this too, because I want to get my husband a Submariner. How did you get comfortable with authenticity, if you don't mind my asking? Thanks so much.

I will try to give you the abbreviated version. It's been and continues to be an ongoing saga, and I wasn't going to share the painful details. However, since you asked, it's my opportunity to unload about this project. After searching on a lot of resellers, I found the most options on Chrono24, and that's what I went with. It was nerve wrecking because so many of the resellers with the style I wanted were from overseas. I ended up choosing a reseller from the U.S. and found out that this reseller purchased from Hong Kong, which did not make me feel good. I took a chance and paid for it anyway, and it shipped to me. Although I have seen and worn my own Rolex for my whole adult life I am by no means an expert. I do not have the skills, knowledge or experience to determine with 100% confidence that the Rolex I bought is 100% genuine. I watched lots of YouTube videos to learn what to look out for and examine to confirm you have a genuine Rolex. And even if everything on the outside seems genuine, you can't tell the inside is 100% Rolex unless you open up the watch and examine the movement. And of course most people cannot do that. And even if you were a watchmaker, an average watchmaker is not a Rolex certified watchmaker. Luckily, near me is an AD that has a Rolex certified watchmaker. And they offer a service where they can authenticate a Rolex. So when I received the watch, short of opening the case back, I verified that the Rolex had all the hallmarks of a genuine Rolex, as much as I could learn per YouTube. I also took the watch to my local AD for their unofficial opinion, without opening the watch. They looked up the serial number and verified it matched to the Rolex database. Based on touch and feel, it seemed genuine. I compared it in detail to 5 other genuine Rolexes and one fake (one my daughter received as a gag gift), and it looked all good. But STILL I was unsure because I could not see the inside. So I went through a lot of back and forth between Chrono24 and the seller and got them to agree to give me more than 14 days to let my AD authenticate the watch. This process was going to cost me $350 plus 14 days to one month. They will open up the case back, examine the parts and the movement, provide a formal written opinion. And only then will I have complete peace of mind. Yes, I am that paranoid, and clearly not the ideal candidate to purchase through the grey market. I will say I got lucky with the seller. They said that they are 1000% sure of the authenticity of the watch and have no problem with me opening it up. It is not at all ideal to open a brand new watch because the watchmaker will need to order a new gasket and put the watch back together and then test it to make sure the movement is good and it's water tight, etc. But its what I need to do to get peace of mind. So now I am in the waiting phase and crossing fingers that it is 100% genuine. I am very hopeful. And if it is, I for sure will keep it. So maybe I am not the best person to ask. I think a lot of people would have just trusted that it is a genuine Rolex, and would not need to pay $350 to get the watch opened up by a Rolex certified watchmaker.

Sorry for this super long story. I hope this helps in some way.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I will try to give you the abbreviated version. It's been and continues to be an ongoing saga, and I wasn't going to share the painful details. However, since you asked, it's my opportunity to unload about this project. After searching on a lot of resellers, I found the most options on Chrono24, and that's what I went with. It was nerve wrecking because so many of the resellers with the style I wanted were from overseas. I ended up choosing a reseller from the U.S. and found out that this reseller purchased from Hong Kong, which did not make me feel good. I took a chance and paid for it anyway, and it shipped to me. Although I have seen and worn my own Rolex for my whole adult life I am by no means an expert. I do not have the skills, knowledge or experience to determine with 100% confidence that the Rolex I bought is 100% genuine. I watched lots of YouTube videos to learn what to look out for and examine to confirm you have a genuine Rolex. And even if everything on the outside seems genuine, you can't tell the inside is 100% Rolex unless you open up the watch and examine the movement. And of course most people cannot do that. And even if you were a watchmaker, an average watchmaker is not a Rolex certified watchmaker. Luckily, near me is an AD that has a Rolex certified watchmaker. And they offer a service where they can authenticate a Rolex. So when I received the watch, short of opening the case back, I verified that the Rolex had all the hallmarks of a genuine Rolex, as much as I could learn per YouTube. I also took the watch to my local AD for their unofficial opinion, without opening the watch. They looked up the serial number and verified it matched to the Rolex database. Based on touch and feel, it seemed genuine. I compared it in detail to 5 other genuine Rolexes and one fake (one my daughter received as a gag gift), and it looked all good. But STILL I was unsure because I could not see the inside. So I went through a lot of back and forth between Chrono24 and the seller and got them to agree to give me more than 14 days to let my AD authenticate the watch. This process was going to cost me $350 plus 14 days to one month. They will open up the case back, examine the parts and the movement, provide a formal written opinion. And only then will I have complete peace of mind. Yes, I am that paranoid, and clearly not the ideal candidate to purchase through the grey market. I will say I got lucky with the seller. They said that they are 1000% sure of the authenticity of the watch and have no problem with me opening it up. It is not at all ideal to open a brand new watch because the watchmaker will need to order a new gasket and put the watch back together and then test it to make sure the movement is good and it's water tight, etc. But its what I need to do to get peace of mind. So now I am in the waiting phase and crossing fingers that it is 100% genuine. I am very hopeful. And if it is, I for sure will keep it. So maybe I am not the best person to ask. I think a lot of people would have just trusted that it is a genuine Rolex, and would not need to pay $350 to get the watch opened up by a Rolex certified watchmaker.

Sorry for this super long story. I hope this helps in some way.

It seems to me that you are 100% the right person to ask. I greatly appreciate that you shared this and the level of detail, because I will feel it necessary as well if I go this route. I have one connection to try first though. Thank you!!!!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems to me that you are 100% the right person to ask. I greatly appreciate that you shared this and the level of detail, because I will feel it necessary as well if I go this route. I have one connection to try first though. Thank you!!!!!!!

Best of luck! I hope you will find a source or process that is simpler than mine.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Unfortunately that is the truth. I was driving myself and my DH crazy. It’s an expensive price for sanity but I’ll throw it all into my “I’m turned 50 this year” excuse. I guess I’m lucky the professional models all cover my entire wrist or I would be after those.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my early Christmas present. What a saga this is been, but it’s over. 31 datejust. This pink sunburst dial is a total chameleon in various lighting environments. In most lighting it is a very neutral beige with a soft pink hue. The fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet makes the whole watch a very blingy piece of utilitarian jewelry. In fact, it’s so blingy that it almost out-blings my ering…
03E9C14B-0269-4905-B441-B7E9E7C9D573.jpeg 934423CB-BD9D-4203-9479-AB212B00BE95.jpeg 530C78AF-62BA-4F89-BBE2-0EE0E1086BEA.jpeg

Last edited:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom
Your new watch is an absolute stunner indeed :lickout:
So happy for you truly :appl::appl::appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a real beauty @LLJsmom , love it!! Must be fun to wear that pop of color--congrats!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my early Christmas present. What a saga this is been, but it’s over. 31 datejust. This pink sunburst dial is a total chameleon in various lighting environments. In most lighting it is a very neutral beige with a soft pink hue. The fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet makes the whole watch a very blingy piece of utilitarian jewelry. In fact, it’s so blingy that it almost out-blings my ering…
03E9C14B-0269-4905-B441-B7E9E7C9D573.jpeg 934423CB-BD9D-4203-9479-AB212B00BE95.jpeg 530C78AF-62BA-4F89-BBE2-0EE0E1086BEA.jpeg

GORGEOUS!! I love the combination you picked---it is so effortlessly cool and feminine at the same time. Completely agree re: the fluted bezel + jubilee being like a piece of jewelry. I'm so happy for you!! And would love to see tons more pics, including with your e-ring, I feel like watches should get their own threads too :D:D

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a beautiful watch!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@LLJsmom Very beautiful. You picked a stunner! Enjoy!!!

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a real beauty @LLJsmom , love it!! Must be fun to wear that pop of color--congrats!
Thank you @sarahb . I am really super happy with this choice. It is a pop of color, but still neutral so that it does not clash with anything.

GORGEOUS!! I love the combination you picked---it is so effortlessly cool and feminine at the same time. Completely agree re: the fluted bezel + jubilee being like a piece of jewelry. I'm so happy for you!! And would love to see tons more pics, including with your e-ring, I feel like watches should get their own threads too :D:D
Hi @SandyK . Thank you! It is such a blingy piece of jewelry to me that it kinda changes my thoughts on the other pieces that I would feel comfortable wearing at the same time. That's a whole other mental juggle. I will try to get more pics. Also, the funny thing is I just pull my sleeve down and it disappears. Watches are such a different animal, for me anyway.

It's a beautiful watch!
Thank you @Catmom . :wavey:

HI:

@LLJsmom Very beautiful. You picked a stunner! Enjoy!!!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Sharon! She is quite stunning.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @sarahb . I am really super happy with this choice. It is a pop of color, but still neutral so that it does not clash with anything.

Hi @SandyK . Thank you! It is such a blingy piece of jewelry to me that it kinda changes my thoughts on the other pieces that I would feel comfortable wearing at the same time. That's a whole other mental juggle. I will try to get more pics. Also, the funny thing is I just pull my sleeve down and it disappears. Watches are such a different animal, for me anyway.

Thank you @Catmom . :wavey:

Thank you Sharon! She is quite stunning.

Sorry, I meant to ask if the bezel is rose or yellow gold. Gorgeous either way!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!! LLJsmom!!
Your watch is gorgeous!!! LOVE everything about it!
The pink face.. the diamond "6" marker.
It's such a classic with a new twist.
You are so lucky to have found it.. there seems to be a worldwide Rolex shortage.
Enjoy! It's beautiful!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results