color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK! I think I rounded them all up!
I have a:
26mm stainless.. the plain face is a replacement for an original rose dial with diamonds markers which I kept and can put back on if somebody wanted to.
26mm yellow gold with MOP face and ruby markers
26mm white gold with MOP face, ruby markers and a diamond bezel and lugs.
31mm two tone oyster bracelet and roman markers.
36 mm stainless with a jubilee dial and diamond markers.
And my current.. 36mm rose gold Day Date President with MOP face and diamond markers.
I have 3 daughters that are enjoying the first three currently and the rest will eventually filter down to them.:love:

4DB75698-E4C6-4D82-A054-628DC8C99EE1_1_201_a.jpeg E6DF000A-F012-44CC-9BC8-F72304D60414.jpeg 6ACDCFC1-7268-407B-AB9C-459599D4B4D1_1_201_a.jpeg FF7BE422-A984-4566-8140-16C77D44A0F3.jpeg DD968ABB-F2E1-4FAD-BB65-81CC93976C4C.jpeg

These are beautiful! I love that you've passed the smaller ones on to your girls! I have to say, that rose gold, mop, day-date is out of this world gorgeous! :kiss2:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are beautiful! I love that you've passed the smaller ones on to your girls! I have to say, that rose gold, mop, day-date is out of this world gorgeous! :kiss2:

Oh thank you so much diamondseeker2006! Yes.. I feel so blessed to have 3 lovely daughters who all love finery as much as I do! Always an open finger, neck or wrist to pass down pretties to. :love:
And even more thanks on your compliments about the rose gold day date.. it's the newest.:D
P.S... love all your stuff too!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have brought my 30 year old Tank Americaine back to life. I haven't worn it in years, but for some reason I felt kind of attracted again.

D05BFC16-D880-4C5B-BC24-830F48D10879.jpeg

Always a classic beauty!!!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, thank you, as I said, I still like it, I also have a second one with a gold bracelet that I often wear even though I switched to Rolex as my general watch brand years ago.

A498C6BB-52B0-41FA-AA19-005B9BC26489.jpeg

:kiss2: Wow! Octave.. your watches and your corrsponding stacks are amazing!!
LOVE!!:kiss2:

Octave

Shiny_Rock
:kiss2: Wow! Octave.. your watches and your corrsponding stacks are amazing!!
LOVE!!:kiss2:

Uuhh, thank you so much! I have to admit that I am a kind of watch nerd. Watches are my favorite peace of jewelry and I love stacking them with other bling. I have watches in almost every size and material and do rarely wear the same watch every day.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, thank you, as I said, I still like it, I also have a second one with a gold bracelet that I often wear even though I switched to Rolex as my general watch brand years ago.

A498C6BB-52B0-41FA-AA19-005B9BC26489.jpeg

My favorite watch!!! Wish I hadn't sold mine.......

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uuhh, thank you so much! I have to admit that I am a kind of watch nerd. Watches are my favorite peace of jewelry and I love stacking them with other bling. I have watches in almost every size and material and do rarely wear the same watch every day.

Octave... do you find your bracelets scratch up your watches and vice versa?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, yes! That's the price for the look!

:wavey: Yes.. that's what I thought you would say.
Well that's awesome that you accept it as "price of stacking" and then stack away without looking back. I'm a bit jealous!
Bravo!!:appl:

Octave

Shiny_Rock
:wavey: Yes.. that's what I thought you would say.
Well that's awesome that you accept it as "price of stacking" and then stack away without looking back. I'm a bit jealous!
Bravo!!:appl:

Well, I know, I am not very gentle to my watches, but what can you do? Also DH noticed that, therefore he bought me also some steel or two tone watches. He thought, they can take that kind of stress a bit better. But sometimes it needs to be gold!;)2

Last edited:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:So does steel scratch less? But does steel scratch the gold bracelets?
Inquiring stacking minds want to know! :lol:

Octave

Shiny_Rock
:wavey:So does steel scratch less? But does steel scratch the gold bracelets?
Inquiring stacking minds want to know! :lol:

Yes, I would say steel scratches less but bracelets will suffer more. You can‘t get it right anyway!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Well thanks so much for the honest insight.
I'm a stickler for scratches so that has always stopped me from stacking anything with my watches.
I will just have to admire your wristfulls from afar. :love:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Have brought my 30 year old Tank Americaine back to life. I haven't worn it in years, but for some reason I felt kind of attracted again.

D05BFC16-D880-4C5B-BC24-830F48D10879.jpeg

Oh I like this a lot!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Well thanks so much for the honest insight.
I'm a stickler for scratches so that has always stopped me from stacking anything with my watches.
I will just have to admire your wristfulls from afar. :love:

I do understand this mindset (I’ve even had it myself) but then I decided you only live life once! Yes my kids might not inherit my pieces scratch free..but so what.

I buy my jewellery to love and wear, so eventually, yes they will show wear and tear. They might even end up showing damage I need to deal with!

But I’d have gotten my full 100% joy out of them, in my lifetime so ‍♀️, a trade worth making imo. I say this only because I really do remember the feeling of wanting to stack but being afraid of scratching up the nicer pieces but appreciate now, how much more joy I get out of just doing what my heart wants to do.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do understand this mindset (I’ve even had it myself) but then I decided you only live life once! Yes my kids might not inherit my pieces scratch free..but so what.

I buy my jewellery to love and wear, so eventually, yes they will show wear and tear. They might even end up showing damage I need to deal with!

But I’d have gotten my full 100% joy out of them, in my lifetime so ‍♀️, a trade worth making imo. I say this only because I really do remember the feeling of wanting to stack but being afraid of scratching up the nicer pieces but appreciate now, how much more joy I get out of just doing what my heart wants to do.

:love:That's fantastic that you are getting full enjoyment out of your jewelry!
I guess everyone has different ways of enjoying their fine things.. wonder if I will ever change my mind? Only time will tell.
I probably like owning things rather than wearing them.. I find I wear mostly plain-ish wedding bands most of the time. A fancy watch and large diamond studs
every day? Yes to that.
Anyways.. stack away!!! Enjoy your finery to the fullest!:wavey:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Mom’s new baby… from Stork AD no less.
31 DJ WG and SS. It is absolutely gorgeous in natural daylight.
0A12F90C-1616-4CC0-959E-4AC050D4D479.jpeg ED468EDC-6EF1-4261-A038-EAF13894435A.jpeg 655F8199-BF7D-4716-BD15-C29B4C08085C.jpeg

OMG! Gorgeous!! LOVE every aspect..
The blue dial with stainless is so eyepopping, the roman markers.. the jubilee bracelet.. It's a true wow!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! Gorgeous!! LOVE every aspect..
The blue dial with stainless is so eyepopping, the roman markers.. the jubilee bracelet.. It's a true wow!!!

I am constantly surprised by the impact of color. I turned this one down over a year ago but when I looked at it again, this time seeing it in sunlight too, that blue and jubilee bracelet and fluted bezel…major popping, like you said. The blue feels quite a bit more sporty than my pink but I love that just a change in color gives it a whole different vibe. Lordy. I’m so addicted.

I compared the two, and the blue just looks smaller than the pink, although both are 31. Color messes with my brain.
88D0F50B-4DE9-4BB3-AE1B-22944E31F7B1.jpeg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am constantly surprised by the impact of color. I turned this one down over a year ago but when I looked at it again, this time seeing it in sunlight too, that blue and jubilee bracelet and fluted bezel…major popping, like you said. The blue feels quite a bit more sporty than my pink but I love that just a change in color gives it a whole different vibe. Lordy. I’m so addicted.

I compared the two, and the blue just looks smaller than the pink, although both are 31. Color messes with my brain.
88D0F50B-4DE9-4BB3-AE1B-22944E31F7B1.jpeg

Oh so interesting that you see the pink/salmon/rose dial as larger. Maybe it's like that old riddle where a white square looks smaller if it has a dark frame around it.. or something like that. Maybe the lighter dial blends in with the metal and since there is less of a demarkation the overall effect is larger?
I'm obsessed too. Have you been on the rolexforums site?
Such enthusiasts! It's wonderful! Mostly men which is interesting.
You also motivated me to ask my daughter who is currently wearing the 26mm stainless that came originally with a pink/salmon/rose diamond dial that I swapped out for a plainer cream one many years ago. I kept the dial since I knew that someday it would catch my eye again and it has! Your lovely watch did it!
So thanks!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh so interesting that you see the pink/salmon/rose dial as larger. Maybe it's like that old riddle where a white square looks smaller if it has a dark frame around it.. or something like that. Maybe the lighter dial blends in with the metal and since there is less of a demarkation the overall effect is larger?
I'm obsessed too. Have you been on the rolexforums site?
Such enthusiasts! It's wonderful! Mostly men which is interesting.
You also motivated me to ask my daughter who is currently wearing the 26mm stainless that came originally with a pink/salmon/rose diamond dial that I swapped out for a plainer cream one many years ago. I kept the dial since I knew that someday it would catch my eye again and it has! Your lovely watch did it!
So thanks!

Yes. Totally about the blending effect. For sure blue pops more but the soft pink tone blends with my skin so just less of a demarcation. So smart to keep the original. If you swap it back in Rolex will service it. And your DD has options. Yeah. I’m on Reddit. And those guys do NOT hold back. I’m super careful with my words. But they are fun and hilarious. Totally different vibe. The watches are amazing and it’s cool to see an enthusiast’s forum populated mostly by men.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Totally about the blending effect. For sure blue pops more but the soft pink tone blends with my skin so just less of a demarcation. So smart to keep the original. If you swap it back in Rolex will service it. And your DD has options. Yeah. I’m on Reddit. And those guys do NOT hold back. I’m super careful with my words. But they are fun and hilarious. Totally different vibe. The watches are amazing and it’s cool to see an enthusiast’s forum populated mostly by men.

Oh! Didn't even think about Reddit as far as a Rolex site! Great idea.. I will check it out.
And yes.. when DD comes home for the holidays I will ask her if she wants the original dial put on. :D
Last but not least.. it's awesome that your mom treated herself to such a fabulous watch!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
65F01CD4-497A-430B-89EA-2240EB6D1A49.jpeg C03C7659-5951-4135-862B-4321B7E25740.jpeg My latest addition for my 50th a few months ago. It got the full service/ spa treatment and received it back yesterday. So now my Xmas present! Lololol

Minerva triple date.
Circa 1950s
Movement V72C
Same movement used in rolex and Le coultre (before it became JLC)
Stainless steel bracelet.

it feels nice on the wrist-well proportioned for me.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
65F01CD4-497A-430B-89EA-2240EB6D1A49.jpeg C03C7659-5951-4135-862B-4321B7E25740.jpeg My latest addition for my 50th a few months ago. It got the full service/ spa treatment and received it back yesterday. So now my Xmas present! Lololol

Minerva triple date.
Circa 1950s
Movement V72C
Same movement used in rolex and Le coultre (before it became JLC)
Stainless steel bracelet.

it feels nice on the wrist-well proportioned for me.

Why do I love that vintage dial?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@LLJsmom maybe because of the creaminess/ patina of that era? The contrasting blue hands? The cleanness of of what is quite a complex/ busy dial. The pop of a red arrow for the date? the mesh bracelet. The fit on my wrist- not to big and not too small??? Lol.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom maybe because of the creaminess/ patina of that era? The contrasting blue hands? The cleanness of of what is quite a complex/ busy dial. The pop of a red arrow for the date? the mesh bracelet. The fit on my wrist- not to big and not too small??? Lol.

All of the above. But I especially love the script of the Minerva. Lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results