shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your e-ring + diamond eternity w-bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I love the look of a solitaire e-ring plus diamond eternity wedding ring like the one below.

eringwring.jpg

But mine would not fit together flush since my diamond is set lower. For those of you who have a 6-prong ring (set low like mine), is there much of a gap between the two rings? I want to get this

facets.jpg

for my wedding band to go with this

sideview.jpg

Also, I've read that when wearing two rings together, it becomes tighter, so you should get the rings in different sizes. My left hand is a 3.5 (slightly loose when it's cold). What size eternity band would you get? I'm scared it won't fit well and eternity bands can't be resized (made bigger). Also I may want to wear it on my right hand alone sometimes. My right finger is a size 3 (a bit smaller than my left). So I'm not sure what size to get......

Please posts your rings! =)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
snlee, have you seen THIS thread?

If I bought an eternity ring, I''d probably go about a half size larger than usual just in case. (I''d go at least 1/4 size for sure.) Also, my right hand is a bit bigger than my left, so I''d go the half size larger if I wanted to wear it on my right hand also. Since your right hand is smaller, you might not want to go too much larger.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well, as you can hopefully see from my pic, the head on my e-ring is very low too. And I was afraid that it would never sit flush with an eternity band (or any band for that matter unless it was curved), but boy was I wrong!! I tried on a bunch of eternity rings from all different stores, and have yet to find one that doesn''t fit flush. I wish I had some pics of the rings together, but I have yet to choose one!!!

FYI, I don''t think the fact that my ring isn''t a solitare is affecting my results.

I would go to several stores and just start trying on eternity bands. I even go into mall stores just for fun
31.gif
!!

Good luck!!

100_0519ab.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Patty, yes, I''ve seen that thread and although I love the look at those diamond eternity wedding sets I also would love to see simple plain e-rings with eternity bands.
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh and I forgot to mention that I have decided to go a 1/4 size larger on the eternity band. When I put on the same size band with my e-ring, I suddenly had this feeling in my stomach that everything was just too tight!! I ripped those rings right off and feel much more comfortable with the larger size. Plus, it will be behind your e-ring most of the time, so hopefully it wouldn''t be too loose to slip off. And of course, if I want to wear it on my right hand, it would perfectly fit that finger!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
So it seems that most people get their eternity bands 1/4 or 1/2 size bigger than their e-ring. My problem is that my right finger is SMALLER than my left. So I''m afraid if I get a size 3 3/4 - 4 eternity ring I will never be able to wear it on my right hand. Even a 3.5 is a bit loose.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of eternity bands cannot be sized easily, but I was out browsing for fun in one of the mall stores the other day, trying on different rings. I tried on two or three eternity bands that had a small section of solid gold that allowed for resizing. I''m sure that type could be made a few notches bigger just by adding some gold. I don''t think they could be made a lot smaller without disrupting the settings, though because the section of gold was very small. One ring that I tried on was very cute. It had shared prong diamonds set all the way around with the small section of gold sizer bar. On either side of the sizer bar they had set a ruby stone matching in size to the diamonds on the band. It reminded me of the "surprise diamond" mountings...only these were surprise rubies.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recently got my rings sized up 1/4 size from the 6 they started out as. They are both eternity, so moving up 1/4 is apparently not unheard of, but I guess anything more than that may compromise the stones...who knows..everyone says something different you know!?

I would get one ring 1/4 size larger to ensure that they don''t both become tight feeling. I didn''t do that and immediately after I had both rings on, they seemed tight. I attributed it to the humidity in the climate of where we were traveling for the next 2 weeks but even after coming home to dry California, they always felt tighter than just the e-ring had.

Now that they are both 6 1/4..sometimes they feel too loose but for the most part I love having them fit again...they were leaving dents in my fingers which I absolutely HATE the look of. I prefer things to fit a bit loose. Now if I can just not lose them...thank goodness my knuckles are a bit bigger.
9.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Mara,

How did they size your eternity rings? did they just "scoop out" metal from the inside or did they actually cut into the rings?
Can you tell that they''ve been sized?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I believe they shaved down the inside of her rings. Here is the link to her post: LINK

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes they did the presto shavo with my rings...they SAID they could even take it up 1/2 size but i would have felt really kind of pushing it with that...1/4 was my comfort level for doing the quickie shaving. if i really wanted to be anal, now when i inspect the rings, the e-ring is just a TAD out of round on the left side vs the right, aka they took off a tiny bit too much there. but i''m not that type of person with my rings... and on the hand they look absolutely fine...so it''s not as though i am sitting there staring at my rings on a daily basis off the hand at an angle to find that flaw. in the end i''d rather that it be a tiny bit diff and me able to happily wear them than have them be symmetrically round and too tight.
2.gif

funny but also the e-ring''s holes in the inside of the band where the small diamonds are set now are slightly larger which is amazing because it''s easier for me to clean the small melee now that they shaved away a bit of the inside! the w-ring''s holes look the same though. but i can actually see the diamonds now through the e-ring holes. there''s still enough metal there for me to feel fine about the safety but i love that the holes are just slightly bigger now!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link, Stretch. It's good info to have because my eternity w-band might be a bit small when worn with the e-ring. Since I'm not married yet, I'm not sure what life will be like with the 2 rings on all the time, but it's nice to know that sizing up just a bit is most likely not a big deal.

Glad things worked out, Mara! Has this solved the problem completely?

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Snlee you stole my idea!
emwink.gif

Initially I was going to go for that exact Tiffany''s look but the band fitting flush with my engagement ring. Now and then I think that I should have my diamond put into a new setting so that I can have tiny diamonds on the sides and a matching band, but I really love the look of six prongs. I will see what happends when the time comes to get my wedding band.
emteeth.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
*bump*

anyone?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here is Slammie''s before she changed the setting (but the band has 8 stones- not eternity)

2carat5.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here''s almagh''s- she has an eternity band on either side

set2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
as much as i love eternity bands and bands with diamonds and that is ''my'' thing, i definitely think there is something so beautiful and classic about a solitaire for the e-ring and the eternity or similar type stone for w-ring. i have a friend who did this and it looks excellent!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I love that Tiffany set you posted, snlee!

That's what I'm going to get as well... I only wish I could wear them together already! (Not married yet but soon-to-be...)

Most wedding sets don't sit "flush" though the Tiffany set you posted does. I think it helps since the platinum won't rub together and cause wear & tear on your solitaire prongs.

Are you more concerned about the look of the wedding set sitting flush or the comfort factor?

Love your ring!

snlee

Ideal_Rock

Julian, have you bought your w-ring yet? Does yours sit flush?

As long as there''s not a huge gap then I''m okay with it. There shouldn''t be since both rings will be thin (2mm or less). I''m worried that I''ll order the wrong size and the rings will be too tight or loose together or I won''t be able to wear my w-band alone on my right hand if I please (b/c it''s too loose). Also, worried about the possible wear and tear caused by the two rings rubbing together. And when worn together, will it move around much?

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Hi snlee!

Hubby-to-be hasn't gotten the w-ring set yet -- but hopefully soon! I've tried it on and they do sit flush.

Be prepared for it to spin, though. Otherwise, it wouldn't move and feel tight. You know, like when you ate dessert after a huge meal while wearing a killer fitted dress! Yowza!

I run into the same problem with my solitaire. I never dreamt it would spin so much! It's top heavy and the ring has a tendency to move around from side to side, especially when I'm working out. Hopefully the wedding band will stabilize it a bit, but I'm pretty realistic and I expect the eternity band to spin a bit as well.

I'd say just make sure that when you're wearing both rings -- look at the contact points. They may wear on each other evenly, which should be fine overall. But I'd watch to see if the diamonds in the eternity band or the prongs hit at critical points -- that could be a problem in the future.

If you're worried about size -- and ha ha, I'm already worried about future pregnancies and finger swelling (even though we're not even married yet or close to starting a family)...

How about getting diamonds ALMOST all the way around your eternity band? That would give you some room to change the size should your fingers swell or should you wish to be able to wear it on either hand. Hope that helps!

Congrats again!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Hi Snlee,

I think we have the same setting for our e-ring! I went through the exact same search to find a diamond eternity band to sit flush with my e-ring. I ended up getting a 1/2 eternity band from Memoire. The Memoire bands seems to sit very low in comparison to some other eternity bands. I think we will always have a small gap in between our rings, but mine really fits together nicely now, and you can really only see the small gap from the side. I have pics and information included in this thread...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/memoire-band-i-finally-got-it-pics-included.16679/

I wear a size 3 and got both rings in that size. They are so thin (2 mm) that I don''t feel a difference in tightness when wearing them together. And surprisingly enough, my 1/2 eternity band doesn''t slide around much. The 2 rings do seem to rub together a bit (although I don''t notice it). I can see that the eternity band has worn down the bottom prong of the e-ring a little bit, but I don''t see any damage to the eternity band.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Hoocares I love your band. It does look like an eternity.

It''s so pretty.

33%3A%3B25%3A323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2323%3D657%3D%3C77%3D3232657%3B86473nu0mrj

snlee

Ideal_Rock

HooCares, your rings are so pretty! That''s exactly what I want. I wouldn''t mind having a 1/2 eternity band if I could find one that''s reasonably priced. Mind me asking around how much was your band? (ballpark price). The eternity band I''m looking at from SP is around $700. Not sure if it is low like yours, which is what I would like to have.

Do you know if the worn out part on the bottom prong will ever become a problem in the future? And is this wear and tear hard to repair? Are your bands in white gold or platinum? Isn''t platinum suppose to never loose its metal?

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the compliments, Sevens & Snlee!

Both of my rings are platinum. I don''t think the damage to the bottom prong will cause any future problems. It''s just a small groove on the bottom prong where the eternity band hits. I can barely see it, but I can feel it (the platinum is not as smooth in that area where it''s been rubbed). Luckily, I also don''t think the groove is getting any bigger.

We really overpaid for the Memoire band. If you scroll down through my original thread, you''ll see the specs for the band. We paid $1700 for it (originally they tried to sell it to us for $2100). The thing was I had been searching for a band like it for almost 8 months. I even had a similar band custom designed to curve around the prong, but decided that I didn''t like it after it was finished (I was very disappointed and frustrated). So when I finally found this band, I just really, really wanted it. I am glad I got it because it really is beautiful (the picture, of course, doesn''t do it justice!), but I do know it was a bit of a splurge!

gellibelly

Rough_Rock
i have a tiffany style ring (but EXACT replica... see my thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-engagement-ring.17933/) and i went to the tiffany store to try on w-bands, but the bands don''t sit flush on the e-ring as they show in the picture. so i think you may have to get a w-band with a little groove to eliminate the gap. i hate that gap too and need to find a solution... just like you!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
bump - for the new solitaires w/ plain eternity bands

Here''s mine:

newsetwf1005-135.jpg

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
This is my favorite look, the plain e-ring band and eternity underneath(or semi eternity). I think the non diamond band makes the diamond just stand right out and then the eternity ring underneath just adds so much sparkle. You ladies have some gorgeous sets. Does anyone happen to have a princess solitaire with an eternity(or similar) round prong set wedding band?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmp- check out this link there are several pictures i think might be just what your looking for
1.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I posted my set under the eternity set thread instead of this one (mostly b/c I forgot this thread existed!) I''m not at home right now otherwise I would repost the pictures. I have a contour solitaire and it sits flush with the band.

I got my WF 0.72ct solitaire today! That one is set in a 4 prong tiffany setting and it totally sits flush with my eternity band. I promise I will take pictures as soon as I can!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results