shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing E-ring a little smaller than W-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all.
1.gif

I think this has been discussed before, but I did a search and couldn''t find anything. ???

Question #1: As someone probably doing a reset soon, this issue has me wondering. I have a 9-stone (.05 ACAs) melee band that I will wear as the w-ring. I plan to have WF make a matching band (as an e-ring) to hold the center stone (which will be either a 1.53 or a 1.68
2.gif
)

I originally bought the .05 pointer as a RHR, so it''s a size 5. My left hand ring size is probably a 4 3/4, although a 5 works OK (it doesn''t slide off or anything... but is a bit loose on a cold day!) Should the e-ring be a little smaller in size? And if so, why? To prevent spinning? Or maybe I should get it in a 4 3/4 and have WF size the first ring as well?

Comments, advice, anyone? THANK YOU!
1.gif

Lynn

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well I can just say from recently trying on a bunch of wedding rings (
9.gif
) that I''ve decided to go about a quarter size larger on my wedding band. I wear a 5.25 with my e-ring, but when I tried on the same size wedding band, I suddenly had this feeling of "Oh my god! Will these things ever come off????" I started tugging on the rings and before I knew it, my poor knuckle was bright red!! Together they just seemed a little too tight for comfort. So when I tried on a 5.5, they were perfect together!!

But that''s just me, crazy old me
2.gif
. I would like to know what the rest of the gang here has done too
1.gif

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
My (upgrade) e-ring is a 5.75, and my w-ring is 5.5--the w-ring is SMALLER than the e-ring. This works best for me since the w-ring sits at the smallest part of my finger, while the e-ring has been pushed to a little bit wider part of my finger. By itself, I''d prefer my e-ring to be 5.5 (a little loose at 5.75 on its own). It also depends on how wide each band is. My original setting, which I wore for 15 years was the light "tiffany" type solitare that sells for less than $100 in gold, plus the matching band, which each were less than 2.0mm (probably only about 3.0mm total now since the gold bands wore against each other). In that set, I wore a 5.5 in each.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
It really depends on the shape of your fingers. My wedding ring is a half size smaller than my e-ring.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My w-ring is also a half size smaller than my e-ring. I wonder if it matters which one as long as one of the rings is just a bit bigger than the other? It seems that having 2 rings on the same finger makes things a little tighter, so having one just a bit larger relieves that pressure?

I know several people on this site have the w-ring a bit larger than the e-ring, which is the opposite of what I did and what Fuffi did. This is why I wonder if it matters as long as one is bigger!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2005 5
6.gif
9:42 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I know several people on this site have the w-ring a bit larger than the e-ring, which is the opposite of what I did and what Fuffi did. This is why I wonder if it matters as long as one is bigger!
Thanks for the response. I wonder about that, too! To me, it seems to make sense for the e-ring to be a little smaller (tighter) to help eliminate spinning... but that's only a guess on my part.

I've never worn a solitaire e-ring, do they tend to spin (particularly when they have a larger diamond)?

Thanks,
Lynn

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine never spun unless my hand was wet. And the stone was a rb 0.75 ct...

asblackrock

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lynn

I agree with FireGoddess. Two rings worn together are MUCH tighter than either on its own. I have learned this the hard way!
My knuckles are large and my 5 7/8 size diamond solataire ring is quite loose once it actually slides over my knuckle. It therefore spins slightly (not a big problem as it gives me an excuse to look at it and give it a fiddle
9.gif
). But, given that the wedding ring would only be taken off very rarely, I thought I would make it just big enough to fit over my knuckle so it was sized 5 1/2. This is perfect on its own, but now frequently feels tight (eg with exercise or in hot weather) when the two are worn together, to the point of leaving a slight indentation. I am considering having it enlarged slightly if this is easy to do.

So before deciding on size, my only suggestion is to try two rings (or size samples) on together.

PS Have you seen the new 1.68ct diamond yet?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results