shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday pearl purchases!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I finally received my gorgeous souffle pendant! It took 7 nail-biting days to get to me (UPS forgot to unload it from the truck one day arghh) but it was definitely worth the wait. The description said it is a lavender body with blue/pink overtones, and IRL I definitely see lots of blue (and my sweater makes it look even more blue). Here is the vendor shot and my neckshot for comparison:

chasiusouffle.gif

I also had a custom pair of Tahitian dangles made into one of the Black Friday styles with black spinel to match my green/blue baroque strand. I gotta say, Jeremy is THE BEST! Even amidst the craziness of the sale, he managed to find me a beautiful pair of pearls and had them custom made by Hisano! I honestly feel like I made out like a bandit. It's being shipped this weekend I think, but he did send me a preview... I think the earrings have more peacock than my necklace, but that's fine with me :naughty: I can't wait for them to arrive!

chasiusouffle2.jpg

chasiubpair.jpg

chasiubdangles.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1387070265|3574414 said:
HHPmom|1386906692|3573364 said:
Green, peach and lavender pendant with unity finding. This one reminds me of a cute snail. The loose FW is also green, peach and lavender. I attached a large eye pin to it. The dark spots on the pearls are my phone's reflection. These two are more vibrant than the skinny, feminine, subtle blue and lavender one.

Maybe we can trade :Up_to_something:? I just got my souffle and it has similar tones but yours seems to have more green, which I prefer.

I'm having such a hard time figuring out the colors of my new souffle and tahitians. The weather has been very dark and gloomy so the pearls don't look that great. Hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow so I can figure out their actual colors.

It's funny when I bought it I was hoping IRL it would be bold, doubting PP's photo that it'd be so muted IRL. Because it's large and quite metallic I feel that it draws too much attention. My husband and daughter think it is fine. I am keeping the cute snail as well as the blue & lavender one.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Chasiu Your souffle looks even prettier IRL! Your new Tahitians are just gorgeous! Jeremy did a fantastic job selecting them and Hisano's design turned out lovely :appl: :appl: :appl: Enjoy and wear in good health!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Charsiu, love your soufflé pendant. It pairs well with the chain and your sweater/top. The peacock earrings are so pretty. That vibrant green and dark pink combo is what first drew me to Tahitian pearls. Hisano did a great job.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new additions. :love:

I'm procrastinating this morning before my workout (so not in the mood today to w/o sigh...) and thought I'd share some (blurry) pics of the keshi strand. The colors are beautiful and I just cannot come close to capturing them on my phone but I'm sharing them anyway just in case anyone else is interested...

francescaloveskeshis.jpg

wrappedupinkeshis.jpg

etherealglow.jpg

sittingpretty.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
last few of my procrastination morning.

pretendingtobechristmasornament.jpg

feelingblue.jpg

browsingapple.jpg

closeupkeshioncouch.jpeg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I am also procrastinating working out by looking at your photos! Enjoy that strand. I am still grrrr-ing that I missed out on the keshis.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1387119581|3574654 said:
I am also procrastinating working out by looking at your photos! Enjoy that strand. I am still grrrr-ing that I missed out on the keshis.

I have a feeling Jeremy will come through for you bsomlo and if not now, soon! Ugh, I am so not in the working out mood. I'm exhausted-slept so poorly. Went to bed at midnight because I wasn't sleepy and awoke all through the night and finally out of bed at 4:30 AM because I was tossing and turning. Sigh. Off to w/o because then we are going to the tree at Rockefeller. So I'm sending you energy for us both to do our workout!!! Let's get moving! :wavey:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1386622557|3570817 said:
LtypeI|1386621771|3570808 said:
My souffle pendant is here! Though I'm kicking myself for not having asked to have it put on an enhancer instead of a simple pendant. But the pearl is stunning, I really love it.

That's so pretty! I like the little diamond accent.

Here's a picture of my 6.5-7mm 100" pearl rope (pictured with my 9.0-9.5mm Freshadamas for comparison). I'm impressed with the pearls. They're lustrous and I can barely tell that some of them are off-round. Now, how to wear it?

I was looking through the PP blog for an older post and when I came across this one I thought of your new rope:

http://blog.pearlparadise.com/2013/06/how-to-wear-100-inch-pearl-ropes/

I love the first option, it is so glamorous! Adding a long rope to my wish list for next year :naughty:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love seeing all of the new photos. Gorgeous pearls.

I finally got the chance to snap some quick pictures of the new tahitian strand from PP's cyber monday batch. It's baroque with a lot of imperfections and I'm still not entirely sure of its color but I like it. There is one dud of a pearl in the strand (third from clasp).

dsc09500.jpg

dsc09501.jpg

dsc09502.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
baby monster -- I love the strand on you! I even like your "dud" pearl. Poor guy -- he's a cutie (don't ask me why I see the "dud" as a guy -- maybe because dud is close to "dude"?)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks bsomlo. The dud looks better IRL than in photos but it's pretty obvious that it's not the same quality as the rest.

Here are some shots of the souffle I bought. Like previous posters mentioned, I'm not sure it goes well with my skin tone.

dsc09512.jpg

dsc09517.jpg

dsc09518.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
baby monster -- I think the souffle is gorgeous on you. What color(s) were you hoping for? Definitely wear it for a while before making a decision (if you are thinking of returning it). This might be a return you regret...

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster I think your Tahitians are lovely :love: :love: :love: I do like your souffle, but it doesn't "wow" me like your Tahitians.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
babymonster, I love the Tahitians. I think that it looks great on you and it's super shiny. I can see what you mean about the souffle - if you don't love it, return it.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
baby monster, I can totally understand if you think it doesn't go with your skin tone. Maybe this could be worn with a longer chain over a sweater that brings out the amazing colors of the pearl, though. Just a thought if you really like the pearl. Either way, keep us posted!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I think that souffle looks like a molten piece of gold. So yummy!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
mynattk|1387058711|3574339 said:
Hope you have a fun and safe trip, periwinklegirl. Are you going to take your fantastic new pearls with you? I don't think I could bear to leave them at home.

Thanks mynattk,
The keshis came with me, but not the soufflé (because it's not set yet).
But I brought lots of other pearls with me! :)

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Tahitians Babymonster!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Missy
Love the "Queen Francesca" shot! My cat would never let me do that!
The keshis really are stunning, aren't they?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
periwinklegirl|1387193200|3575153 said:
Missy
Love the "Queen Francesca" shot! My cat would never let me do that!
The keshis really are stunning, aren't they?

LOL Francesca is a really girly kitty if you kwim. She loves pearls, diamonds you name it. Though she did try playing with them a bit she eventually just went with it. One day I just might get her a diamond tiara (jk :cheeky: )!

Now if I tried that on any of my other cats fuggedaboutit!

Babymonster-gorgeous tahitians!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster - Your Tahitians are lovely!!! They look beautiful on you and I know you'll get lots of wear out of them. Very elegant!!! As for the souffle if you don't love it after a few days then definitely send it back. But I do like the idea of wearing it long to see if that works!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I still haven't received my souffle (it is being set), but one thing I liked about them is that they are a larger pearl and the surfaces are very fine. If you look around a bit in the pearl world, you will see this is a difficult combo to achieve. I love my smaller pearl pendants, but sometimes a girl needs a bigger one. :naughty: I would definitely try it on a longer chain and wear it over clothing to see how that works for you.

renwea

Shiny_Rock
I agree with fly girl, look how my green gold soufflé takes on the color of my bronze sweater. I'll post the earlier post I took on a white paper towel for comparisons. I think these soufflés are soooo gorgeous.

_12749.jpg

_12748.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
sortmon|1386867297|3572888 said:
pkinnew said:
I am just catching up so please forgive the length of this post!

sortmon - Did you end up returning your souffle? If so I need to rush over to PP to see if it's relisted! ANd I really love the different ways you styled your rope! I like #1 and #2 the best.

I haven't returned it yet but I'll post on this thread when I do. I plan to return it next week - trying to keep only jewelry that I love and will wear frequently.

I love my grandmother's Tahitians. I wish I had enough money to buy another strand. :)

pkinnew, I just wanted to let you know that I've returned my souffle to PP today. They should receive it on Thursday!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
renwea - That is amazing how the pearl changes so much depending on the background!!! True chameleons!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks sortmon - I'll keep checking the website!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1387222951|3575453 said:
Thanks sortmon - I'll keep checking the website!

If I were you I'd email Elia, who handles returns, and ask her to let you know when she receives sortmon's return.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I'll do that!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results