shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday pearl purchases!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
recordaras|1386784561|3572007 said:
My strand is here! First reaction: while beautiful on their own, I'll never be able to wear them because they are just too big. Then I slept on it, and decided to try them out today. I think I might be warming up to them, but not 100% sure yet. (Sorry for the terrible picture)
photo_2_43.jpg
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: they look perfect on you :appl: :appl: :appl: I really hope you decide to keep them.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
So.....I ordered four items from PP with 2-day shipping and I hadn't heard anything back at all. The blue akoyas were ordered on Dec 2 - admittedly they had to shorten the strand from 18' to 15.5" - so I called PP today. The Tahitian solitaire pendant and black freshwater studs that I ordered on Saturday are still being made, apparently, which is a little odd since they're a stock item. I thought they'd have quantities sitting there, you know? But anyway, they said they'd try really hard to ship all four tomorrow so I should have them Monday. I hope so because I'm leaving the country on Tuesday!

Yes, I think they're really swamped so things are a little slow right now. I'm glad I called them, otherwise I think they would have arrived after my departure date, and would have probably ended up being returned by the mail service.

What am I going to do between now and Monday??

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your support, ladies! I'm really more of a small pearl kind of person, and was initially going to purchase the 5.5-6mm ones, so this might need some getting used to. I honestly had no idea they would be this big! They're closer to 10mm in length (I thought they'd be 8mm at their widest).

Smith1942, these are 8mm drop metallics from PP. I had some technical issues with checking out during Black Friday, so Jeremy sent me this strand as a substitute for the smaller drop metallics I wasn't able to buy.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Upgrade the shipping, that's what I've done! Hopefully I'll get them Friday, if PP is indeed able to ship tomorrow (pretty please, jewellery gods!) It would be so nice to be able to play with all the pieces over the weekend.

It was only another $7 to go to overnight shipping from the $18 I'd already paid for 2-day. Usually, I choose free shipping for everything, but this order is taking a while and I'm going away soon, and since I rarely pay for shipping, I've decided not to feel too too guilty!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
recordaras THey are not too big at all! Give yourself a few says with them and I bet you will warm to them. When I first got my big (11.8mm) wSS studs I thought they were too big for me, but after wearing them for a few days I really began to like the size. Now I think they are perfect and I absolutely love them! Their luster and subtle overtones also popped after wearing them a few times which made them even prettier.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
It's so interesting the way pearls grow on you! I had read that it's pretty common to need some time to get accustomed to new pearl jewelry, so I wasn't upset when I first saw my new necklace. It was more of a "Well there's NO way that's ever going to work!", but then again I'm in the small pearl loving minority. :D However today that has turned into "Hmm, maybe the size isn't too bad after all?.."

If I decide to keep them, I will probably eventually send them to get restrung - there's one pearl that's a dud, and unfortunately it's the third one from the center. Not a huge deal, and nobody will ever notice, but my type A needs it to either be gone completely, or moved to the back where I won't see it, lol.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Too big?! No! They are perfect. They look lovely on you. I suggest you wear them for a couple of weeks before deciding.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, it seems that the overwhelming majority doesn't see a size issue! Thanks for the support, ladies. I was thinking on gifting them, but now the more I look at them, the more they're growing on me. I'm a jeans girl 90% of the time, and they somehow seem to go pretty well with my casual style.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
YES, I'm sure they're gorgeous with jeans!!!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
recordaras, I am not a size w**re so I think my opinion is unbiased. Hehe. The size is perfect for you. It's not huge at all. Pearls go perfectly with dresses as well as jeans. I hope you'll keep it.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Recordaras, I too think the size is perfect. Well balanced against your frame. Looks beautiful on you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
babynurse, the keshi strand looks gorgeous on you.

recordas, definitely not too big. It looks perfect on you IMO. Really beautiful and classic and goes with anything.

bsomlo, ooh, beautiful necklace and earrings.

Smith, looking forward to seeing your purchases-sounds amazing.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
An update on my soufflé pendant project. I decided to go with the two pearl pendant as shown below. And, I asked to purchase the smaller soufflé for use as a bracelet charm. Both soufflés have been drilled and have been flushed twice with hydrogen peroxide. Jeremy plans to flush them with hydrogen peroxide again tomorrow, then with water, and then they will be ready for setting. (Note, the pictures are not to scale.)

_12612.jpg

pearl3arrow.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
recordaras|1386784561|3572007 said:
My strand is here! First reaction: while beautiful on their own, I'll never be able to wear them because they are just too big. Then I slept on it, and decided to try them out today. I think I might be warming up to them, but not 100% sure yet. (Sorry for the terrible picture)

Recordaras,
You are totally rocking those metallics! I bet if you wear them for a week you'll get totally used to them (it's what I did with my eight carat sapphire)!

They look great!

:appl:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1386819495|3572513 said:
An update on my soufflé pendant project. I decided to go with the two pearl pendant as shown below. And, I asked to purchase the smaller soufflé for use as a bracelet charm. Both soufflés have been drilled and have been flushed twice with hydrogen peroxide. Jeremy plans to flush them with hydrogen peroxide again tomorrow, then with water, and then they will be ready for setting. (Note, the pictures are not to scale.)

So glad you are getting all three of them! :appl:

I really like the idea of a souffle bracelet charm!

Stunning pearls all around!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well I'm part of the majority that thinks they are just fine in size. They are definitely not too big ! I think they look wonderful and they are NOT out of proportion..you just need to keep wearing them and get accustomed to the larger size.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I am just catching up so please forgive the length of this post!

sortmon - Did you end up returning your souffle? If so I need to rush over to PP to see if it's relisted! ANd I really love the different ways you styled your rope! I like #1 and #2 the best.

Ltype1 - The colors in your souffle are so feminine and soothing! Wear it long so you can look at it too!

bean - Sorry to hear you didn't like your souffle too! Did you return it or did it "grow on you"?

missy - Love you keishis and it was so nice of your DH to model them for us! And is your cat doing the "aren't I adorable" pose???

baby nurse - Congrats on your keishis too! They will go with everything. You can always get a pearl shortener rather than getting a clasp.

recordaras - I'm in agreement with everyone - the size of those pearls is perfect on you! I'm glad you're keeping them.

Smith1942 - I'm glad you got your shipping upgraded and I can't wait to hear what you think of your new pearls!

bsomlo - Your citrine & pearls are tdf! I love the way PP is mixing gems with pearls and this is a real winner.

Fly Girl - I think your 2 pearl pendant is going to be gorgeous and I love the idea of making the other into a charm. Very clever!!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Smith1942|1386789690|3572086 said:
Upgrade the shipping, that's what I've done! Hopefully I'll get them Friday, if PP is indeed able to ship tomorrow (pretty please, jewellery gods!) It would be so nice to be able to play with all the pieces over the weekend.

It was only another $7 to go to overnight shipping from the $18 I'd already paid for 2-day. Usually, I choose free shipping for everything, but this order is taking a while and I'm going away soon, and since I rarely pay for shipping, I've decided not to feel too too guilty!

Good for you! Looking forward to hearing all about them and photos would be fantastic!

Fly Girl|1386819495|3572513 said:

Eek! Your enhancer is going to be SO lovely! Great idea on the bracelet charm :twirl:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew said:
I am just catching up so please forgive the length of this post!

sortmon - Did you end up returning your souffle? If so I need to rush over to PP to see if it's relisted! ANd I really love the different ways you styled your rope! I like #1 and #2 the best.

I haven't returned it yet but I'll post on this thread when I do. I plan to return it next week - trying to keep only jewelry that I love and will wear frequently.

I love my grandmother's Tahitians. I wish I had enough money to buy another strand. :)

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
Fly girl I love the choice! That was my vote and it looks gorgeous!

Bsomlo I LOVE those earrings. They look better than the pictures when it was being sold! they look fantastic on your ears!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of pretty pieces ladies. My pearls arrived yesterday. No time and not good lighting were available yesterday. The lavender and blue souffle is with me in the office. Pictures are blurry because I had to use the phone with left hand while holding the pearl on the right hand. I'll post glamour shot and pearls with front, left and right sides.

I love it. The pearl's shape is very unique. It goes really well with the gold setting.

pp_pic_lavender_blue_souffle.gif

lavender_blue_souffle_front_1.jpg

lavender_blue_souffle_front_1a.jpg

lavender_blue_souffle_left_side.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
More ...

lavender_blue_souffle_right_side.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom, that souffle looks very elegant! It looks very opal-y to me. I love the shape of the bale too.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
HHPMom - That pearl is gorgeous! Love the play of colors and the setting complements the shape of the pearl (which to me is decididly feminine)!!! It looks like a large pearl too - what are the measurements? I think that might be my favorite souffle of the sale.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you sortmon and pinknew. It's 24mm long and 12mm wide so it looks really slender and feminine.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1386870226|3572949 said:
Lots of pretty pieces ladies. My pearls arrived yesterday. No time and not good lighting were available yesterday. The lavender and blue souffle is with me in the office. Pictures are blurry because I had to use the phone with left hand while holding the pearl on the right hand. I'll post glamour shot and pearls with front, left and right sides.

I love it. The pearl's shape is very unique. It goes really well with the gold setting.
That is gorgeous. Love the color and the awesome shape. I can see the shape from your photos, and that is a lovely bale to use with it. I was disappointed with the photos used by PP to show their necklaces and pendants during the sale. You took a bit of a chance with the purchase, but you snagged a beauty.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom Beautiful souffle pearl :love: :love: :love: The colors on that pearl are just incredible!!! Love the setting too!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Thank you once again for all the overwhelming support! I guess the metallics were meant to be. :)

And oh my, that souffle! :love: What an amazing deep color.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
FlyGirl, I can't wait to see your pendant 8) eye candy for the rest of us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results