shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday pearl purchases!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bean|1388471456|3583610 said:
Fly Girl|1388358518|3582696 said:
I've been playing with my new soufflé enhancer, and it seems to go well with some of my strands. I have a couple of 7mm Chinese freshwater strands of mixed white, peach, pink and lavender that I purchased several years ago from Pearl Lunar on eBay. I picked up a pair of 10mm mauve ivory Chinese freshwater flameball strands from the recent Pacific Pearls sale.

I sorted them and strung up this temporary strand on Power Pro just to see how it looks. The winter light was good today and the colors of the soufflé enhancer are showing up well. My rope is 42 inches long right now, and I'm thinking of making it continuous when I do get around to knotting it.

I think you are local to me.. if you ever need someone to babysit your pearls or want some random stranger to sift through your jewelry box- I'm your gal!!!!!! :lol:
lol..thank you, bean. Try to stay warm today. So far it is up to -5 F this morning. Brrrrr.....

I have a lot of pearl strands that I've purchased over the past few years. It is about time I sort and string a few. :))

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1388504006|3583762 said:
LitGeek, those couple of lavenders thrown in asymmetrically remind me of your (far, far more gorgeous) strand with the whites and silvers. I like the random placement. I also find the shapes of these pearls pleasing. I think this is a casual, no-brainer, necklace to throw on with any outfit.

You are right, it does have the same vibe as my mixed strand :praise: Now we need a daylight photo so we can admire the beautiful colors :geek:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I had more fun with my PP soufflé enhancer today. I, too, love those asymmetric and mixed pearl strands. I was also inspired by this asymmetric mixed pearl necklace from Kojima. Sarah's beautiful piece consists of white South Sea keshi, Chinese near rounds, a pair of white South Sea pearls, a Japanese Kasumi and a Tahitian. I laid out my version using white freshwater keshi, Chinese near rounds, a couple small flameballs, and a round green Kamoka Tahitian.

After consideration I decided to kick it up a notch with one of my purple Japanese Kasumi pearls that I selected in person on a visit to Kojima Pearls a couple of years ago. So far I'm liking it. This strand will need a clasp, and I have an order of new sterling clasps on their way to me. So, I have a few days to consider this pearl arrangement.

akojima402-kdj1600.jpg

dboard_7110.jpg

astrand_7140.jpg

cstrand_7155.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, Fly Girl :love: !

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Love it Fly Girl! Looks amazing with your enhancer too! Very creative :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I'm not wearing pearls yet today -- but here are some shots by my window with low Northern light for LitGeek. The necklace pearls are 8 to 9 mm. The earring pearls are a hair smaller, but fantastically metallic:

pofj_metallics_1.jpg

pofj_metallics_2.jpg

pofj_metallics_3.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Wow the colors are lovely and the pearls are SO shiny :love: :love: :love: I do love those lavenders sprinkled throughout the strand! And yes, the luster on your earring drops are spectacular! Thank you for sharing :wavey:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek|1388606414|3584407 said:
Wow the colors are lovely and the pearls are SO shiny :love: :love: :love: I do love those lavenders sprinkled throughout the strand! And yes, the luster on your earring drops are spectacular! Thank you for sharing :wavey:

Bsolmo those look stunning!

And LitGeek I agree! I like the dark lavenders sprinkled throughout my mixed strand as well. They just pop!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results