shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday pearl purchases!

Serious question.. does being vegan mean that she won't wear pearls? because....??

And Oh. My. Gosh. The plate of the silver blue souffles! :love: :love: :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Because you kill the live mollusk to remove its pearl.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - Do you have another son?! You picked the perfect souffle to match last year's earrings!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
bean & pkinnew, the silver souffle I returned is scheduled to arrive back to PP today!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1387451845|3577355 said:
And, many vegans won't use any animal products, even if you don't kill the animal. So, no milk, honey or wool, either. Pretty clearly pearls are an animal product.

Well, as my very wise mother used to say, that leaves more for the rest of us. :bigsmile:

Fly Girl|1387481068|3577617 said:
bsomlo|1387451845|3577355 said:
And, many vegans won't use any animal products, even if you don't kill the animal. So, no milk, honey or wool, either. Pretty clearly pearls are an animal product.

Well, as my very wise mother used to say, that leaves more for the rest of us. :bigsmile:

Ok, I wasn't sure. I thought you might've meant "she's a vegan now... so she is going on the naughty list and no pearls for her!"

Haha.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have another Black Friday purchase to report on. These are oval exotic metallics (multicolour) from Pearls of Joy. Took me awhile to find time to string them. I added a few oval purples from Pattye to lengthen the strand. I find I wear longer strands more often if I can just throw them over my head.

Vendor pic first, then mine (it's night here, but I'll try get some daylight shots soon). The lustre is fabulous! And a great mix of colours - gold, cream, lavender and coppery. There are no whites on this strand, despite how they appear in my pics.

_12923.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
My pics.

_12926.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Close up

_12927.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Neck shot

_12928.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl -- They are FANTASTIC! I had eyed them but had no idea they would look this good in real life. Enjoy this unique, beautiful strand!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
For some reason my iPhone pics keep loading upside down.
Let's hope the third time is lucky!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I'm really pleased with them (and what a bargain)! I think they'll become one of my go- to strands.
I'm finding that I'm starting to prefer sharper lustre in my pearls. But it's really the colours in this strand that sold me. The golds and dark lavenders together look great!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Periwinklegirl, lovely multicolours. Just waiting day light shot; maybe colors pop even more :lickout:

I have noticed that photos go to wrong position when they are too big. Making them smaller helps.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I will try to get some daytime pics. I'm on your side of the world (but a bit further south - Germany) for Christmas, so it will have to be tomorrow or another day soon. Lots of Christmas preparations to do still though.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
I hope you are enjoying your trip, Periwinklegirl!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, mynattk, I am having a great time (Venice and Berlin)! Gondolas, opera, Christmas markets, fabulous wine and chocolate!

Here are some daylight shots.

_12939.jpg

_12940.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
:lickout: :lickout: ; both. Your new multicolour and trip :wavey:

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
december2013_005.jpg

This is my luna pearl - finally got around to uploading. More pics to follow!

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
This one shows the size next to an US quarter.

december2013_006.jpg

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Nice sense of the metallic quality in this pic

december2013_0.jpg

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
This is the "moonstone" effect that I like in the metallics - my earrings (will show in another pic) are metallic freshwaters from PP and they glow like this.

december2013_008.jpg

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Neck shot - took this pic in my car in natural cloudy daylight - it shows off the silvery metallic very nicely.

december2013_010.jpg

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Special pearl with new friends : my pearl family includes (left to right) PP Freshadama 8 mm bracelet, metallic silver-pink pearls and matching earrings from PP, there is a Kojima Sea of Cortez pendant on the silver-pink pearls, Kojima button pearl stretchy bracelets in the top right, and at the bottom are my PP 8-5-9.0 mm blue akoya studs, and my PP metallic white shepherd hook earrings. These earrings were 35.00 on a PP sale and they positively glow.

december2013_011.jpg

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Last pic (hope you don't mind all the pics - I'm trapped indoors because of an icestorm so I am using my time wisely thinking about pearls!). This pearl has wonderful colours of lavender, green and here is a shot that really shows off pink. It is a hypnotic pearl and I want more, more, MORE!

december2013_012.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the pearl photos, eloisegirl, and especially for those photos showing the wonderful colors of your new souffles. I love seeing photos of everyone's pearls, but especially those souffles. :love:

My Black Friday souffles are due to be delivered later today. Here is the photo from PP just before they were shipped. On the left is my new souffle enhancer, the center is a silver souffle that will be a Christmas gift to my daughter-in-law-to-be, and the last one is a smaller matching souffle to my enhancer that I plan to have set as a bracelet charm.

_12950.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely soufflés Flygirl and eloisegirl!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Periwinkle girl -- I can not tell a lie. I bought one of the last two strands of those oval metallics after seeing your pictures!

eloisegirl and Fly girl -- WOW to your soufflés! Just gorgeous!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1387833931|3579659 said:
Periwinkle girl -- I can not tell a lie. I bought one of the last two strands of those oval metallics after seeing your pictures!

eloisegirl and Fly girl -- WOW to your soufflés! Just gorgeous!

I'm glad! You'll enjoy them. They are my new favorite strand!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My soufflés were indeed delivered yesterday evening, completely frozen from being on the Fed Ex truck for 12 hours on a zero degree day. Of course it was night, and while I could tell they were very pretty and shiny, it wasn't until sunrise this morning that I could determine whether they would match the metallic lavender strands that I picked up during the recent Pearls of Joy sale.

I think we have a winner. I have some Kasumi and freshwater metallic from Kojima pearl, some golden Chinese kasumi-like metallics from Druzy Designs on eBay, and the Pearls of Joy lavender metallic strands from their recent Hong Kong buying trip. The new soufflé enhancer from PP pulls together all of the colors of the other pearls. Once I get things arranged and strung, it should look amazing. As others have noted, the soufflés are so shiny that it is difficult for the camera to pick up the colors behind the shine. They look lovely in person.

strands_6890.jpg

strands_6901.jpg

strands_6905.jpg

strands_6913.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results