shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me what you honestly wear 85-90% of the time...

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I need to figure out how to take good bling pictures and upload. I have been a member for a few years and never posted pictures of my pretties! :errrr:

To work, I wear a plain tungsten band, some sort of inexpensive earrings and a sterling silver necklace. I am a NICU nurse and we are not allowed to wear bands with stones or any other jewelry other than a plain band from the elbows down. I lost a diamond stud pulling an OR cap off so I don't wear my nice earrings to work either. Tungsten is the only metal that the hand sanitizer doesn't eat through, so DH and I have matching tungsten work bands since we are both hard on our hands (he's a scientist).

On my days off, I wear my wedding set...3 stone platinum e-ring with channel set sides and matching channel set wedding band, my medical alert bracelet and some sort of watch...I rotate through my Michele ones or my Michael Kors. (My dad has a vintage 1970's Rolex that I will get some day in the VERY FAR future but I do sneak it on sometimes when we are visiting.) I wear a necklace of some sort...I rotate through some well-loved Tiffany sterling silver ones and layer it sometimes with a costume statement piece. I like stud earrings...pearls, my sapphire or my diamond studs. I also will wear a RHR...one of my David Yurman ones or sometimes my grandmothers OMC with sapphire side stones. For my anniversary this year, I am hoping for an anniversary band that is sort of like the Tiffany Etoile with princess cut stones.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
The picture I posted is a bit deceiving, as it looks like the end stones are poking my fingers, which they don't. It is a VERY comfortable band. The width of the band and height of the diamonds work perfectly to allow finger to finger coverage without diamonds or prongs causing the band to be uncomfortable.

uploadfromtaptalk1392676570300.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1392676272|3617263 said:
This is what I wear almost 100% of the time. The only time this changes is whenI travel for work.

You have a great classic set! :love:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
hathalove|1392663553|3617094 said:
ame|1392656141|3617004 said:

This was me for so many years and I was quite content. I don't know what happened. Kind of wish I could get that back again. Lol. On the other hand I have seen your beautiful rings Ame. So classic simple and gorgeous!!! So what is going on here? Do you work with your hands?

Thanks for contributing PSers to this thread. I have been really curious wondering if we actually are wearing the massive efforts we put in on this board. Or do they only sit until you run an errand or go to dinner. Enjoying the feedback and want to see and hear about more:)

I see so many things I love, but I'd never feel comfortable wearing in RL. One good thing about being a long-time PS member is I've seen so much resetting, etc., that I sit and over-think my purchases to the point where I grow bored of the item before I get around to ordering it. I can imagine having a huge collection of diamond earrings, but that is about it. I don't need tons of everything because it's not really practical in daily life, especially when I'm planning to spend most of the summer hiking in the mountains! ;)) I was thinking I'd like to buy one new pair of diamond fashion earrings every year and also start looking at investing in a couple nicer watches (up to $300 - not Rolex or anything) and that is all I'd really wear...even though I want lots of other stuff, I'd not wear it, so why buy it.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ER + spacer/plain band, diamond bangle and studs:

img_5175_-_version_1.jpg

img_0839_-_version_4.jpg

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
To respond to your original question,(I think that a lot of us are getting excited and putting up our pictures but not discussing your question and I can see why--WOW to all of these shots!)...

I actually wear most of my bling, but of course, it's impossible to wear all of it all the time. So, I start to feel guilty and to purge when I realize that the piece is just languishing in my box. BUT, I will say, there are some pieces that I wear rarely, but I know I would never part with because they are so unique, or so irreplaceable in terms of the price that I got them for (with the exception of my settings and e-ring, I only purchase estate). I see these pieces as heirloom pieces (I almost wanted to start a Show me your heirloom pieces thread) and I don't mind that these are in the jewelry box because they are actually very valuable to me and might even turn out to be good investments. I think it was Circe who put it best when she said that jewelry doesn't take up a lot of space. Now, when I had my handbag collection--that took up a lot of space!

But I am curious to know why you don't like to wear your jewelry as much? For me, looking down at my pieces just makes me happy. I don't do it for others, since my social circle has no appreciation, but I do it for me.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear the 5 stone ring in my avatar as my ering/wedding band daily, and my .72 bezel set ags0 round diamond pendant daily. And then I rotate RHRs.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Honestly? Nothing. I love to collect and stare at them in their boxes, but I hate wearing anything on my hands and ears. Necklaces and bracelets make me want to claw my collarbones and wrists out, no matter how light and well made they are. To be fair, I don't like sleeves either and wear sleeveless shirts 90% of the time. (good thing I live in S. Cal!) When I used to wear rings to work, I'd take them off and leave them on my desk and forget to bring them home! Most of my stuff live in the bank safe now.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moly! To read how many PSers don't wear their amazing bling :o.

We should start a rental program to offset some of the cost and let others try out the bling before committing to buying it. I'd certainly participate in throwing in a few dollars to borrow some bling :naughty: Why do only celebrities get to borrow jewelry?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really wear much on a daily basis, as much as I love all things sparkly - I wear my wedding set every day, and either diamond or pearl studs. Necklaces and bracelets kind of bother me, but I'll wear a pendant going out to dinner or for a special occasion. I'm a part-time caregiver, so wearing several pieces of jewelry isn't that practical, and I take off my set depending on what I'm doing - I wear it as much as I can though, I've been married for 29 years but it's new to me and makes me happy!

img_3720.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
14K yellow gold wedding ring. I have an infant and any jewelry on my hands or wrists can scratch him.

_15054.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
MC said:
jaysonsmom|1392676272|3617263 said:
This is what I wear almost 100% of the time. The only time this changes is whenI travel for work.

You have a great classic set! :love:

Thank you. And to answer the OP's questions, I have been married going on 14 years, and what I've found out about myself is that I'm too lazy to change out jewelry, and after several setting changes etc in the earlier part of our marriage, I decided a classic set is something I can wear whether I'm at the softball field with my kids, in the office, or at a nice dinner. I don't think I want more jewelry, I do want to improve on what I have.....larger studs, higher clarity and color etc.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
My ering, eternity band studs and Michele watch. Also my rose gold bankd and little stackable diamond band.

If I am going to NY I leave the ering home and stack other diamond and plain bands

_15056.jpg

_15057.jpg

_15059.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1392680831|3617331 said:
Honestly? Nothing. I love to collect and stare at them in their boxes, but I hate wearing anything on my hands and ears. Necklaces and bracelets make me want to claw my collarbones and wrists out, no matter how light and well made they are. To be fair, I don't like sleeves either and wear sleeveless shirts 90% of the time. (good thing I live in S. Cal!) When I used to wear rings to work, I'd take them off and leave them on my desk and forget to bring them home! Most of my stuff live in the bank safe now.

+1 - I cut the tags off all my clothes obsessively because they rub me raw literally if I don't. You must have sensitive skin too. 85% to 90% of the time nothing zip, zilch zero. Occasionally some bands. When I go out anywhere I put my rings on sometimes I always wear a necklace my husband gave me and a watch and I might remember to put something else on bracelet or something as well.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nada! I love my stuff but rarely wear it because of my work. I'm obsessed with earrings and watches!

_15061.jpg

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
Earrings and e-ring everyday. Necklace not always but pretty often. Excuse my winter ravaged hands.

img_0558.jpg

img_3721.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This would be what I wear 90% of the time.
My wedding set and my bezel studs.
Necklaces and bracelets, other rings and a second pair of earrings may be added.

uploadfromtaptalk1392691240392.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1392691284175.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't realize the second picture as so blurry. Darn cheap phone pictures. Hope this is nicer

uploadfromtaptalk1392692327381.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol! I wear everything, I just don't wear the same thing everyday. Depends on my mood and where I am going.

Like today I am wearing rose and white gold diamond heart earrings and a tiffany heart key necklace. On my hands I am wearing my Valentines bracelet and my pear solitaire with a plain tiffany platinum Lucinda band.

_15063.jpg

_15064.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1392665604|3617123 said:

This was me for so many years and I was quite content. I don't know what happened. Kind of wish I could get that back again. Lol. On the other hand I have seen your beautiful rings Ame. So classic simple and gorgeous!!! So what is going on here? Do you work with your hands?

Thanks for contributing PSers to this thread. I have been really curious wondering if we actually are wearing the massive efforts we put in on this board. Or do they only sit until you run an errand or go to dinner. Enjoying the feedback and want to see and hear about more:)
I used to wear them much more often. I appreciate the compliment, thanks!

Well, right now it's balls cold, and I cannot do gloves with rings because it's wildly uncomfortable. The next few days though it should be nice so maybe I'll get more wear going this week. I'll often bring my rings with me to work, and by the time I think about putting them on it's like noon or later and I think "eh, no need now" so I don't even bother. If I have somethign going on in the evening I will wear them though. But I do work with my hands a great deal. I dig around in files a lot at work, and I don't like rings on at all for that. I pretty much consider my left hand absolutely worthless if my rings are on. Most I do while they're on is hold a beverage.

I also work in the wedding business, and there's a lot that comes with that. Damage to paper and ink from the rings is primary. Anytime there's an assembly, no rings are allowed (me or anyone), no nails, no polish, no food/drink, no touching your face, etc. I am a bit of medusa around the rules because that stuff belongs to someone else at that stage, and it's just in my care! But when we setup at events, that work doesn't play nice with rings, and I often don't wear anything beyond a plain band to a consultation until I know who I am working with, as to not be offensive, if, say, my stone is larger or whatever than the bride's. If I know I am overshadowed, then I don't worry about it and might occasionally wear it. I've worked with some girls that have some AMAZING rings.

Ame, you always crack me up! I love folks w/ a sense of humor and the picture of your "empty" hand was hilarious. Will you PLEASE post a pic of your gorgeous ring though?? I understand why you don't wear it all of the time, but it really is gorgeous and I like having multiple pics in one thread where I can go when I want to drool!

As an aside though I must say that I really appreciate the care you take w/ the products that you're working on for your clients/customers! I've always admired that about you :)),

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
armywife13|1392676580|3617273 said:
The picture I posted is a bit deceiving, as it looks like the end stones are poking my fingers, which they don't. It is a VERY comfortable band. The width of the band and height of the diamonds work perfectly to allow finger to finger coverage without diamonds or prongs causing the band to be uncomfortable.

Armywife, this is a little off-topic, but the profile pic got my attention. I've always thought your ring is so pretty! What are the colors of the 5 stones? I looked back through PS threads to see if you had the specs on this and didn't find them (I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere).

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Roxy said:
armywife13|1392676580|3617273 said:

Armywife, this is a little off-topic, but the profile pic got my attention. I've always thought your ring is so pretty! What are the colors of the 5 stones? I looked back through PS threads to see if you had the specs on this and didn't find them (I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere).
Awww, thank you!!! I actually haven't done a thread on the band...bad PSer! This picture shows the color of the diamonds more accurately than the previous profile picture I posted. Grace and Dave Atlas both estimated them to be GIA J/K. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1392696053864.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1392673834|3617224 said:
Freke, love those studs.
Braga, I am loving your right hand ring. :love:
Love this thread and all the jewelry in it!

Most of the time I wear my ER and engraved plat WB with my diamond hoops and Rolex. I do vary though but this is what I usually wear especially when I am rushing out the door and don't have time to ponder the choices. :bigsmile:
Only pics I could find of my diamond hoops is from while back when I had bangs.

Wow Missy, I love it ALL!! :love:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1392688730|3617495 said:

+1 - I cut the tags off all my clothes obsessively because they rub me raw literally if I don't. You must have sensitive skin too. 85% to 90% of the time nothing zip, zilch zero. Occasionally some bands. When I go out anywhere I put my rings on sometimes I always wear a necklace my husband gave me and a watch and I might remember to put something else on bracelet or something as well.

I don't think I have sensitive skin, I just don't like wearing stuff and have a bad habit of leaving stuff around and forgetting. Hate shoes, can't stand socks, detest pants. A few times I've fallen asleep with a necklace on, I had nightmares of being strangled. Earring posts poke into the sides of my head.

They're not completely neglected, though. If I know I'm going out for something, I'll stop at the bank to pick up my jewelry. :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1392698200|3617619 said:
arkieb1|1392688730|3617495 said:

I don't think I have sensitive skin, I just don't like wearing stuff and have a bad habit of leaving stuff around and forgetting. Hate shoes, can't stand socks, detest pants. A few times I've fallen asleep with a necklace on, I had nightmares of being strangled. Earring posts poke into the sides of my head.

They're not completely neglected, though. If I know I'm going out for something, I'll stop at the bank to pick up my jewelry. :)

Where is DF or Kenny when you need them - I think there is some kind of subversive joke about you being a born nudist or something wrapped up in that comment but I am going to behave myself and not go there. :lol:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
hathalove|1392675189|3617247 said:
Frekechild- You too?! All of those color stone rings and really its earrings that are worn 90% of the time. They are gorgeous and deserve the honor but I am just surprised!
Well, you said 85-90%! The problem is that I have so many and they are all so different that I change them frequently. Nothing, not even my wedding band, gets worn even 30% of the time. I figure I don't need my two year old poking and yanking on everything. And I don't care if she gets gunk on my earrings - they are pretty gunky most of the time anyway!

ETA: Plus, if I damage any of my stones, I know that they are irreplaceable, even if I had insurance on them. The one ring I typically put on when I go out has the highest sentimental value, but it's also the only stone with insurance on it, and that's my mom's diamond princess. So typically I'll pair that with a diamond band if I go somewhere.

ETAA: I realize that this is sacrilege for a die-hard colored stoner to mostly wear diamonds. :naughty:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I wear my ering most days but switch out bands. Also, OEC studs and a Tank Solo watch.

_15068.jpg

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I pretty much wear this band all the time at home.

img_3722.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
siamese..I so adore that band!

When I leave the house, I normally wear my wedding set (AVR and Tiffany Legacy band), a pair of Roberto Coin wg woven hoops and a watch. I did wear my RC tiny treasures cross 24/7, but I have decided it is a little small in proportion to my other things, so I am looking for a replacement. The 24/7 is only because pendants are so much trouble to take on and off. I usually wear no jewelry on days I am home all day unless I just want to look at something!

_15070.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Roxy|1392693018|3617562 said:
ame|1392665604|3617123 said:

I used to wear them much more often. I appreciate the compliment, thanks!

Well, right now it's balls cold, and I cannot do gloves with rings because it's wildly uncomfortable. The next few days though it should be nice so maybe I'll get more wear going this week. I'll often bring my rings with me to work, and by the time I think about putting them on it's like noon or later and I think "eh, no need now" so I don't even bother. If I have somethign going on in the evening I will wear them though. But I do work with my hands a great deal. I dig around in files a lot at work, and I don't like rings on at all for that. I pretty much consider my left hand absolutely worthless if my rings are on. Most I do while they're on is hold a beverage.

I also work in the wedding business, and there's a lot that comes with that. Damage to paper and ink from the rings is primary. Anytime there's an assembly, no rings are allowed (me or anyone), no nails, no polish, no food/drink, no touching your face, etc. I am a bit of medusa around the rules because that stuff belongs to someone else at that stage, and it's just in my care! But when we setup at events, that work doesn't play nice with rings, and I often don't wear anything beyond a plain band to a consultation until I know who I am working with, as to not be offensive, if, say, my stone is larger or whatever than the bride's. If I know I am overshadowed, then I don't worry about it and might occasionally wear it. I've worked with some girls that have some AMAZING rings.

Ame, you always crack me up! I love folks w/ a sense of humor and the picture of your "empty" hand was hilarious. Will you PLEASE post a pic of your gorgeous ring though?? I understand why you don't wear it all of the time, but it really is gorgeous and I like having multiple pics in one thread where I can go when I want to drool!

As an aside though I must say that I really appreciate the care you take w/ the products that you're working on for your clients/customers! I've always admired that about you :)),
Thanks! They're number 1. I make 1000% sure they're taken care of and happy.

Here are a few threads with images of my rings :)
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/busted-delayed-reveal-tiffany-2mm-half-eternity-band.175849/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/busted-delayed-reveal-tiffany-2mm-half-eternity-band.175849/[/URL]

(halfwaydown) [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lets-ring-in-the-new-year-by-posting-your-fireworks-pics.183775/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lets-ring-in-the-new-year-by-posting-your-fireworks-pics.183775/[/URL]

(with old band) [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-pics-of-my-set-i-took-today.167573/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-pics-of-my-set-i-took-today.167573/[/URL]

Logan Sapphire|1392728989|3617727 said:
I wear my ering most days but switch out bands. Also, OEC studs and a Tank Solo watch.
Sigh...I love that ring on your hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results