shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me what you honestly wear 85-90% of the time...

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am really loving this thread! Some things that I have not seen posted before. Plus it really helps me put things into prospective! I am easily swept away with jewels:)

It took me so long to catch up, I forget who asked but I actually do wear a few things, stacked bands, a necklace and bracelet daily actually 24/7. I think with the jewels it has more to do with finding the right things for me. I have made a few purchases and returned only one so far but none of them are quite it. I will say that if I had the right things I would wear them with my other daily pieces for sure!!! I just have not found the right kind of bling for me I think. Honestly I think that PS has made that process a bit more challenging for me lol seeing so many works of art in every single post. This is exactly what promoted the thread. Its so wonderful that so many people have these amazing pieces...but when it comes down to it... Are you wearing it on a daily basis/80-90% of the time.

I definitely don't want to own something/pay that hard working dollar (not talking about family heirlooms or things you will pass down) and not wear it. I would rather have my money in the bank. This is reminding me that for my lifestyle being practical is important. I have a really hard time with practical because sometimes I want what I want but it may just frustrate me more if I can't / won't wear it for practical/lifestyle reasons.

I am realizing that I am rambling at this point! But it is and isn't surprising me that a lot of PSers are not wearing as much as we would assume.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
misskittycat|1392838870|3618732 said:
Niel|1392833311|3618633 said:
badabling|1392788335|3618388 said:
I'm surprised at how many PSers don't wear their bling. I wear: e-ring (setting bought off PSer, center stone is a placeholder natural zircon...looking for a colored stone. It's been difficult finding a round colored stone that size), spacer, band, stackers, watch. I never take these off except for an occasion when I bust out my AVR and my earrings.

What size round does it need??

It looks like twosanguinehearts' Singlestone setting!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/third-times-the-charm-2-4ct-oec-in-new-single-stone-halo.182455/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/third-times-the-charm-2-4ct-oec-in-new-single-stone-halo.182455/[/URL]

She had an 8.75mm diamond set in it.

Probably not what you were thinking of misskittycat but not a bad price for a stone that size (plus, ive noticed sometimes he sells them less than listed) ... just an idea :wavey:

http://concavegems.com/detail.cfm?zNum=7024

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
hathalove said:
I am really loving this thread! Some things that I have not seen posted before. Plus it really helps me put things into prospective! I am easily swept away with jewels:)

It took me so long to catch up, I forget who asked but I actually do wear a few things, stacked bands, a necklace and bracelet daily actually 24/7. I think with the jewels it has more to do with finding the right things for me. I have made a few purchases and returned only one so far but none of them are quite it. I will say that if I had the right things I would wear them with my other daily pieces for sure!!! I just have not found the right kind of bling for me I think. Honestly I think that PS has made that process a bit more challenging for me lol seeing so many works of art in every single post. This is exactly what promoted the thread. Its so wonderful that so many people have these amazing pieces...but when it comes down to it... Are you wearing it on a daily basis/80-90% of the time.

I definitely don't want to own something/pay that hard working dollar (not talking about family heirlooms or things you will pass down) and not wear it. I would rather have my money in the bank. This is reminding me that for my lifestyle being practical is important. I have a really hard time with practical because sometimes I want what I want but it may just frustrate me more if I can't / won't wear it for practical/lifestyle reasons.

I am realizing that I am rambling at this point! But it is and isn't surprising me that a lot of PSers are not wearing as much as we would assume.

There is a very interesting mathematical element here that I hadn't factored in - I thought you were asking which pieces I wore most percentage-wise measured against how often I wore my other pieces, not which ones I wore 90% of the actual 24-hours-in-the-day time! By that standard it's really just my two upper earrings and the wedding set on one hand, french cut band on the other hand ... the halo'd pieces I won't wear to bed, smith, etc.

But even with that as the yardstick ... philosophically, I can't regret the pieces I wear less often now but loved passionately for the first year(s): they're certainly still in rotation, and when I compare them to purchases in any other category, they certainly amortize well! I mean, one of my eternity bands compared to a pair of my fancy Fluevog boots ... I love them both, but, a) I can wear the ring rain or shine, and, b) assuming I don't go slamming my hands in any car doors, should probably be able to pass on well past the point where I've flat-out worn out the boots!

I think the idea that every piece has to be a classic piece - no, THE classic piece, representative of one's self knowledge and/or good taste - puts an awful lot of pressure on each purchase. I sometimes wonder if that's what's behind the occasional bouts of reset-itis we see around here ... when a piece is the ONLY one one wears, 99% right isn't good enough!

I think I like the hunt enough to justify the time (as opposed to the 2-3-4-5x sums I'd be spending if I just succumbed to temptation immediately whenever i found a kind of thing - coughfrenchcutscough - that i really liked), which in turn, makes me feel okay about having certain pieces on sabbatical at any given moment. Certainly more so than the stress I'd be feeling if I had to capital-C-commit to every piece!

Basically, I think what I'm saying is, a) awesome thread, and, b) if you love a thing, it's okay for it to be a treat every time you put it on ... isn't it?

badabling

Shiny_Rock
Niel said:
I'm surprised at how many PSers don't wear their bling. I wear: e-ring (setting bought off PSer, center stone is a placeholder natural zircon...looking for a colored stone. It's been difficult finding a round colored stone that size), spacer, band, stackers, watch. I never take these off except for an occasion when I bust out my AVR and my earrings.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/third-times-the-charm-2-4ct-oec-in-new-single-stone-halo.182455/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/third-times-the-charm-2-4ct-oec-in-new-single-stone-halo.182455/[/URL]

Probably not what you were thinking of misskittycat but not a bad price for a stone that size (plus, ive noticed sometimes he sells them less than listed) ... just an idea :wavey:

It is twosanguinehearsts' SS setting! I loved it when she posted it on SMTB and couldn't believe it when she was selling it. I'm looking for either a sapphire or ruby 8.75mm round and was in touch with AJS gems since I'm frequently in Thailand but most of their stones were at the Tucson fair so I didn't get a chance to see them.

badabling

Shiny_Rock
Asschergirl....I love love your collection!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
badabling|1392874532|3619121 said:
Niel said:

It is twosanguinehearsts' SS setting! I loved it when she posted it on SMTB and couldn't believe it when she was selling it. I'm looking for either a sapphire or ruby 8.75mm round and was in touch with AJS gems since I'm frequently in Thailand but most of their stones were at the Tucson fair so I didn't get a chance to see them.

I recognized the setting, too!!! :love: Wow, a ruby that size will cost as much or more than a diamond that size! I would love to see it once you find your stone!

badabling

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006 said:
badabling|1392874532|3619121 said:
Niel said:

I recognized the setting, too!!! :love: Wow, a ruby that size will cost as much or more than a diamond that size! I would love to see it once you find your stone!

It's true diamond seeker and I did think about another diamond but I already have my AVR and if I buy another I want a mini Krupp diamond. I'm venturing into colored stones especially rubies because unlike diamonds they are truly rare, priced by the market instead of the de beers.

Just wondering what % can I recover of my AVR in a VC halo setting? How do people price their pre-loved e-rings?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
On the run, wanted to snap a more typical arrangement ...

Left:

... And right.

Re: how much return you can get on the secondhand market, it's usually around 50% if you're lucky. Often less. One of the best things about GOG is their trade up policy, yes? Perhaps it might be worth seeing if THEY could source a ruby for you ....

imageuploadedbytapatalk1392905847.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1392906725.jpg

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
So many lovely pieces!!

I am getting used to wearing my new engagement ring, as previously I almost exclusively wore bands but these two are what I am almost always wearing. The band is usually on my right hand middle finger (eta: please excuse the grimy band - time to clean and re-shoot!).

IMG_4093.jpg
img_0017_2.jpg

Eventually the spinel will be set into something different, likely lower, but for now I'm enjoying it in the solitaire that my fiance chose and surprised me with.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Days when I go out:
Left hand: WG 0.33 solitaire with 2mm plain band
Right hand: 5 stone ring

CIMG1284.jpg

img_1295.jpg

When I'm home (which is a lot, I'm a SAHM):
Only 4mm two tone wedding band

All the time earrings:
sterling silver, cz and freshwater pearls (5 piercings)

I can't remember which poster said this, but after coveting so many pieces on PS and not have the budget to buy them yet, I've loved many and would actually purchase very few, because my lifestyle doesn't allow for less sturdy artful pieces. I've settled on (all upcoming, *sigh*) a stand alone eternity ring (ering), a tricolor rolling ring (RHR), diamond studs and a bezel pendant. All classic and simple, easy to wear. :)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a great thread! It is very interesting to see how many people dont wear their "special" bling daily - mostly just wedding sets, studs, watches etc which is of course more practical...

Photo of all my ring bling:
Bottom band is 18ct wedding ring - The only thing I wear EVERY single day.
Next band is ruby eternity - used to wear it more with my original ruby ering but rarely now as I find it tad too tight.
Next one up is 0.25ct HVVS Princess diamond. Wear it quite a lot - very minimal, goes with everything well.
Third from top - Parti-sapphire ring. I designed this one myself and wear it the most. It's very low and comfortable.
Second from the top - my new Zircon 3 stone ring, just received this baby yesterday. Plan to wear this to the office/dinner alot but probably not out on weekends etc due to brittleness of stones.
Top ring - my natural blue Topaz. This is quite large & high set so I rarely wear it despite it's beauty. Mostly for fomal functions/cocktails etc.

Other photo: As for earrings, necklaces, bracelets etc I have very little "good" stuff - mostly just costume pieces which I like to change daily to match my outfit. I do have a nice slim gold watch which I wear daily. I have some freshwater pearls (ebay find) and my gold christening bracelet (has little blue bird on the catch) plus my gold & diamond necklace from hubby I love this coz the little diamonds jingle around. I feel totally naked with no jewllery on and usually pick that first then dress accordingly :lol: oh and it ALL comes off at night. Cannot stand sleeping with any jewellery on.

Of course I totally willing to wear anyone else's spare bling as it seem you all don't use it... :naughty:

hp02.jpg

hp03.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Orchid Lei|1392917930|3619369 said:
Days when I go out:
Left hand: WG 0.33 solitaire with 2mm plain band
Right hand: 5 stone ring

CIMG1284.jpg

img_1295.jpg

When I'm home (which is a lot, I'm a SAHM):
Only 4mm two tone wedding band

All the time earrings:
sterling silver, cz and freshwater pearls (5 piercings)

I can't remember which poster said this, but after coveting so many pieces on PS and not have the budget to buy them yet, I've loved many and would actually purchase very few, because my lifestyle doesn't allow for less sturdy artful pieces. I've settled on (all upcoming, *sigh*) a stand alone eternity ring (ering), a tricolor rolling ring (RHR), diamond studs and a bezel pendant. All classic and simple, easy to wear. :)

Orchid I just love your 5 stone ring! I'm off to see if I can find a thread about it :D.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
HotPozzum|1392940010|3619674 said:
This is a great thread! It is very interesting to see how many people dont wear their "special" bling daily - mostly just wedding sets, studs, watches etc which is of course more practical...

Photo of all my ring bling:
Bottom band is 18ct wedding ring - The only thing I wear EVERY single day.
Next band is ruby eternity - used to wear it more with my original ruby ering but rarely now as I find it tad too tight.
Next one up is 0.25ct HVVS Princess diamond. Wear it quite a lot - very minimal, goes with everything well.
Third from top - Parti-sapphire ring. I designed this one myself and wear it the most. It's very low and comfortable.
Second from the top - my new Zircon 3 stone ring, just received this baby yesterday. Plan to wear this to the office/dinner alot but probably not out on weekends etc due to brittleness of stones.
Top ring - my natural blue Topaz. This is quite large & high set so I rarely wear it despite it's beauty. Mostly for fomal functions/cocktails etc.

Other photo: As for earrings, necklaces, bracelets etc I have very little "good" stuff - mostly just costume pieces which I like to change daily to match my outfit. I do have a nice slim gold watch which I wear daily. I have some freshwater pearls (ebay find) and my gold christening bracelet (has little blue bird on the catch) plus my gold & diamond necklace from hubby I love this coz the little diamonds jingle around. I feel totally naked with no jewllery on and usually pick that first then dress accordingly :lol: oh and it ALL comes off at night. Cannot stand sleeping with any jewellery on.

Of course I totally willing to wear anyone else's spare bling as it seem you all don't use it... :naughty:

HP I like your collection! I'm one of those that actually wears my "special bling" every day but only because my special bling is my upgraded wedding set LOL :D. DH wants to get earrings for my next "big" anniv gift, so I've started looking into ideas, but I don't think I'd put quite as much time (or money) into that project as I did for my wedding set. I really like my ering/wband combo to be my most fabulous pieces of jewelry.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's been over a year and was wondering how our PSers are doing with their bling. Any updates? Changes? Anyone increasing or decreasing wear? What are you wearing 90% of the time?

lovetraderjoes

Rough_Rock
Roxy|1392770725|3618183 said:
hathalove|1392663706|3617097 said:
Laila619|1392663416|3617089 said:
Married a little over 5 years.

What do I wear most of the time? The honest answer is either nothing, or a plain 3mm band. I have a love/hate relationship with bling.

I am going through the same thing!!! Seriously what's this about. Darn it. I did return that WF solitaire. Something wasn't quite right. You asked in my other thread. After all the time and energy and freaking out over the prongs... Even after they did a beautiful job fixing it. I couldn't figure it out. I was too embarrassed to say then! Maybe it wasn't you who asked. Haha. But it's out now!

This is a great thread. I got so distracted by the bling pics, I forgot to answer, duh! I wear a combo of my 3 rings every day, usually it's either my eternity alone or my ering/wband set. I had such a ball designing these rings, I can't imagine not wearing some semblance of them every day even if I'm at home.

When I go out, I also include a watch, bracelet, earrings, and a RHR that has colored gemstones that match my outfits but all of these change daily depending upon what I'm wearing and where I'm going. The only "standard" are the rings from my wedding set.

Hathalove, I didn't realize you'd returned the solitaire, wow!

:love: :love: :love: :love: Love the way your ER matches your band!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Usually I just wear these two bands (plain one is my wedding band, other is the Danielle band from Whiteflash), my 5-stone, my cheapie Relic watch, and my FitBit. I also typically wear either my 1 ctw. bezel studs or pearl studs of about the same size.

_31168.jpg

right.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the time, just a plain rose gold wedding band and simple silver hoop earrings.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a fabulous thread. I love seeing what everyone wears.

Mine would be my ering, my diamond band and my diamonds studs. I swap out RHR rings but my most frequent one is a Kentucky Blue Sapphire.

img_8291.jpg

img_8292.jpg

img_8293.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a while so I'll post an update.

Left hand: ering with 2 bands, original band and matching band, tennis bracelet, Hermes bracelet, VCA bracelet

Right hand: work in progress

2.3 ctw studs

Diamond cross necklace from Mom. I change up the necklace a lot.

_31182.jpg

_31183.jpg

_31184.jpg

krimisha

Rough_Rock
Hi Alex T

I just came across this thread and am loving it. Alex T, could you post pictures of all these fine jewels you wear. We would love to see the snaps. If you don't mind of course.

Alex T|1392661155|3617067 said:
I wear as follows:

Diamond plat studs, 0.66 CTW, F colour, VS2. Gift from my parents for my 25th Bday. Wear 24/7.
Floating plat diamond pendant, 0.40 CTW, F colour, VS1. Gift from then new boyfriend, now husband for 32nd Bday. Wear 24/7.

Left Hand:
Plain wedding ring, full princess eternity, pear solitaire wedding set. All plat, mostly 24/7, wedding band never removed. Married 6 1/2 years.
Diamond Raymond Weil steel watch. 30th Bday gift to myself. Wear daily.
Fine black tourmaline bead bracelet with a silver A on the clasp. Not been removed since Sept 2013 when I got it for good health.
Turquoise waxed cotton thread bracelet with silver Karma disc. Never removed in 2 years, threads glued on, sits under my watch.

Right Hand:
2 Tiffany single station DBTY bracelets, one diamond, one pink sapphire. Diamond was 1st wedding anniversary gift, sapphire when 1st daughter born, who is 5 in March. Worn 80% of the time stacked.
Heavy solid silver Links Of London hinged bangle. Gift last Bday. Worn 80% time stacked with Tiffany's.

It looks an awful lot when I write it down like this! But its all quite delicate & classy, honestly! All diamonds come off for regular & thorough cleaning.

krimisha

Rough_Rock
Hi Mrsacornblue;

Please post pictures of all these pretties you mentioned. We would love to see & admire.

thanks

Mrsacornblue|1392676451|3617266 said:
I need to figure out how to take good bling pictures and upload. I have been a member for a few years and never posted pictures of my pretties! :errrr:

To work, I wear a plain tungsten band, some sort of inexpensive earrings and a sterling silver necklace. I am a NICU nurse and we are not allowed to wear bands with stones or any other jewelry other than a plain band from the elbows down. I lost a diamond stud pulling an OR cap off so I don't wear my nice earrings to work either. Tungsten is the only metal that the hand sanitizer doesn't eat through, so DH and I have matching tungsten work bands since we are both hard on our hands (he's a scientist).

On my days off, I wear my wedding set...3 stone platinum e-ring with channel set sides and matching channel set wedding band, my medical alert bracelet and some sort of watch...I rotate through my Michele ones or my Michael Kors. (My dad has a vintage 1970's Rolex that I will get some day in the VERY FAR future but I do sneak it on sometimes when we are visiting.) I wear a necklace of some sort...I rotate through some well-loved Tiffany sterling silver ones and layer it sometimes with a costume statement piece. I like stud earrings...pearls, my sapphire or my diamond studs. I also will wear a RHR...one of my David Yurman ones or sometimes my grandmothers OMC with sapphire side stones. For my anniversary this year, I am hoping for an anniversary band that is sort of like the Tiffany Etoile with princess cut stones.

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
My 85% go-to jewellery, and then below my second most common ensemble (minus the Cartier eternity - not shown). I'm hoping to add a white gold Cartier Love bracelet to my staples one day!

_31212.jpg

_31213.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Here is what I usually wear--

I sleep in the hoops, studs and the necklace. They never come off except for cleaning.

I sometimes wear RH rings and sometimes I don't. I have a few to choose from depending on my mood.

img_8333.jpg

img_0016_2.jpg

img_0010_1.jpg

img_0015_2.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
rubybeth|1434483683|3889984 said:
Usually I just wear these two bands (plain one is my wedding band, other is the Danielle band from Whiteflash), my 5-stone, my cheapie Relic watch, and my FitBit. I also typically wear either my 1 ctw. bezel studs or pearl studs of about the same size.

I love your style! So elegant.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1392656141|3617004 said:

Has this changed for you since your reset? Even a little bit?

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
This is a great thread! I love seeing what everybody wears on a regular day :)

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
this is what i wear on a regular day...but its also my new upgrade so im still in that...i love it, im never taking it off mode. but even before that i wore my ering and my wedding band everyday as well....

img_7779.jpg

krimisha

Rough_Rock
pretty bling.
MsMisty|1434589522|3890634 said:
this is what i wear on a regular day...but its also my new upgrade so im still in that...i love it, im never taking it off mode. but even before that i wore my ering and my wedding band everyday as well....

img_7779.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results