shape
carat
color
clarity

Busted! Delayed reveal, Tiffany 2mm Half Eternity band

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I kept it on the downlow for a while, in part to see if I was gonna actually keep it. I am still on the fence about it, and about keeping my ering at all. I have barely worn either in months.

When friends were in town back in March, that had never visited Tiffany's before mentioned they wanted to go look at the bean and a few other pieces in person, we decided to head out. We had lunch first, and then walked over to the Tiffany's. I tried on a few bands just to see if there was a look I loved. I wanted a Metro though they don't make them in Platinum which rules it out immediately unfortunately. I was shocked that I loved the channel set band in 2mm, I had posted pics that day in another thread "for future reference" for anyone else who was looking. There was a 2.5ish mm pave band but it only came full eternity and was wider than I really was wanting. Not to mention my vision would suffer exponentially inspecting that damn thing every day!!!

I've owned all kinds of widths but find that 2mm is perfect with my center stone. Considering some of my previous attempts at a viable band have been well into the $4,000 range (!) Tiffany and Cartier and DeBeers and HW were not out of the running pricewise, we just had a personal hate for Tiffany after our engagement being spoiled by them a while back and swore it was not an option. He was livid I even WENT there and touched anything. I had my e-ring in the safe for a while to give myself a cooling off period, per my husband's request, before I sold it back to GOG and moved on with only a plain band. We got the refund on the Flyer and it sat in the bank a couple weeks for me to just not think about rings at all. And I didn't. I was able to focus on design work, hanging out with my baby nephew, etc.

When I finally got past the initial "rage" about all this, almost a month had passed, and I started looking around again at stores like Tiffany, Cartier, HW, etc., per several of the PS vets really pushing the idea of premade...because I was at the point where I wanted to bring my 30x Loupe with me, sit in front of a pile of rings and loupe them all and pick the best of the bunch then leave with it. I ruled out preowned simply bec I didn't want to deal with back and forth shipping. Cartier I didn't love any of their designs, based solely on the website selection and calling a few stores (we no longer have one), the Amour and the Ballerine were ok, I just didn't love em and they were a little wider than I really wanted to go, DeBeers didn't make a diamond band narrow enough, HW didn't either, Graff told me they didn't either but could custom make one for $7500. (Uh. No.) Kwiat had a perfect one, but didn't make a half eternity option. I even found one on Ebay and almost bought it for a steal, but the auction ended and then they jacked the price up when they relisted. Even though it was still full eternity...it would have been a great deal. I still waffle on whether I should've bought it and been ok with it bec of the price.

So I finally just sucked it up and discussed it with DH. After some serious discussion, (seriously, it was hours long and came up again two days later) we finally agreed to give them another shot. I had a little "drama" trying to get the St. Louis Tiffany's store to bring in more bands for me to inspect before purchasing the only one they had, and because they're a "low-volume" store, it was not easy. I had to pretty much tell them Ill just wait til I go to Chicago in July and get it there to get any motion on this. I got to inspect three half and two full, under my 30x and under their 60x microscope, and even though I adore the look of the full, I just know it's not practical for my life or my sanity! So I passed on that.

I picked the most "perfect" of the three half eternity, because under magnification they were NOT PERFECT, no matter how many times the various SA's said "it's Tiffany's so it's perfect" (ITS NOT TRUE, YOUR SALES PITCH DOES NOT WORK ON ME, SO NEVER SAY THAT TO ME AGAIN), stones were not evenly spaced, one band had probably been worn and returned bec there were chipped stones. But this one, unless I missed something, was the most acceptable of the bunch. Acceptable enough to ME anyway. And I kind of laugh that I paid less for this thing than I did for several of my previous options, not of prestige branding. :|

I decided this was the winner and bought it that day. Then it sat in it's box for almost a week. I had second thoughts. I had third and fourth and eleventh thoughts. I used that week of thought to work on my brothers new house that he gutted the kitchen of. I couldn't wear rings bec I was tiling and grouting (wee!). I busted it out again and wore it a few times for a few hours at a time.

As you all probably know, I am RIDICULOUSLY O.C.D. about my rings. I seriuosly loupe them daily, sometimes more than once a day, at 30x. Any whack, tap, whatever, immediately halt what I am doing and loupe. Then I clean. Then I reloupe. Til I am sure it's ok. For someone who knows diamonds and that they are fairly tough little things...my brain seems to get clouded quickly in my OCD panic! I am still having neuroses about it though. I am terrified of loose stones, hitting something and destryoing one...Insurance for me does nothing to calm my brain. I don't know why. I don't wear my rings when Ill be with my nephew, I don't want to snag or whack anything. I will say this, In the last 6 months I can say that I've worn rings besides my plain one for a total of about a week. I still don't know where I am at with all this.

So without further babbling...here is the new band.

It's the 2mm Half Circle in Plat. for reference. I bought a size 6. It's REALLY floppy on my finger but does go over my knuckle fine. Now that it's gonna be disgusting out though, it might not be.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ALL of these were taken on my iPhone. I didn't take any with Olloclip or the real camera yet. Mostly bec I haven't made time.

inbox1com.JPG

withering1.jpg

withering2.jpg

hand1com.JPG

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out that cool flash off my ering I got in that last one above. That was a fluke.

I cannot decide if I like it better without the plain band in the middle or not...The last two I had in the instagram thread I think show the with and without from a weird distance (white glow). I do find I go with all three the most.

whiteglow1.jpg

whiteglow2.jpg

allthreeoutside.jpg

allthree2.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
And the last two little fire shots. This phone kinda kills the fire a bit but I managed to get a couple that maintained it.

If I get time this weekend in the disgusting heat and humidity Ill set up the rings for a real photoshot. I may buy a couple flowers or something for props.

smallfires.jpg

fire2.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks perfect!

I definitely went through quite a few wedding bands. Now they're just stackers, haha.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I'm so glad you found something to replace the Flyer! It looks great. I am partial to wearing the diamond band between the e-ring and the w-band, only because of the symmetry. :D

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Yay! A thread for the new beauty :appl: Congratulations on the new band. I am so glad it worked out in the end!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!!! I am still up in the air but I like the look and not having prongs. I just am kinda DONE with jewelry for a while.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! (I think!?) The band looks perfect with your set and I'm glad PSer advice finally worked a little bit at least! Your descriptions of continual torture re: jewelry always makes me so sad for you. Maybe writing about it offers some sort of release? But - if you don't want people to talk about that aspect then you might want to consider putting less emphasis on it - at least in your posts - if not your head.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its very pretty. It looks lovely with your wedding set.

I feel sad that you can't just relax and enjoy your jewellery. When all's said and done its just a thing... a piece of metal with some pretty stones in and you have insurance that will pay out if anything does go wrong. I hope my comments don't come across as hurtful, I don't mean to be. I just wish you could enjoy your lovely jewellery :))

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect with your set. I love pave but channel bands just look so clean and classic to me. I hope you are eventually able to wear and enjoy your pieces with no bad feelings!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very happy for you Ame, that you have found something and you are enjoying it! Congratulations on the new ring and I hope it continues to bring you happiness :))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1337876607|3202673 said:
Congrats! (I think!?) The band looks perfect with your set and I'm glad PSer advice finally worked a little bit at least! Your descriptions of continual torture re: jewelry always makes me so sad for you. Maybe writing about it offers some sort of release? But - if you don't want people to talk about that aspect then you might want to consider putting less emphasis on it - at least in your posts - if not your head.
I laughed when you said I think!? I do get that it's ridiculous. I make fun of myself as much as everyone else. My brother always teases me about my "monocle" (loupe) and that I look like the monopoly guy when I inspect. I don't talk to people in real life about this stuff normally, except on here and one other board. You guys, in theory, would be the only ones that "get it" and even then no one really does.

I will say it's NOT just my rings that do this to me. My work on my invites makes me this way too. Driven to madness sometimes. I triple bag the finished jobs and the parts prior to even assembling them, as I am so scared something will spill or fall on them or whatever. It's because it's someone else's property in my care I think. But the rings...No idea. Because they ARE my property. Maybe it's because I am able to trade this stone in later? I seriously cannot understand it myself.

Maisie|1337876658|3202674 said:
I think its very pretty. It looks lovely with your wedding set.

I feel sad that you can't just relax and enjoy your jewellery. When all's said and done its just a thing... a piece of metal with some pretty stones in and you have insurance that will pay out if anything does go wrong. I hope my comments don't come across as hurtful, I don't mean to be. I just wish you could enjoy your lovely jewellery :))
I don't take it at all as a hurtful thing, no worries there :)...Its true. I don't have a good solid explanation. I think if I had a single piece of jewelry in the past that was well made and didn't crack, snag, whatever from the start I would be less anxious about wearing them. I have had far too many workmanship issues from the very start of ring shopping with DH that I simply do not trust ANYONE to make something well enough to not baby and I have seen what happens in a blink to a diamond when it should seemingly not have chipped from a little whack. I have tried rationalizing it to myself that it's replaceable, and that its just metal and a little pebble, and that it's not "sentimental" at all...not much seems to help. Insurance clearly does nothing for my mental state. Nor does medication. Or therapy.

Bleh.

But it's pretty and I sure do like to stare at it. The stones have little arrows. It's cool. The only thing I wish it DIDN'T have is the little holes behind the stones. Its just a gunk magnet!

stargurl78|1337878299|3202690 said:
It looks perfect with your set. I love pave but channel bands just look so clean and classic to me. I hope you are eventually able to wear and enjoy your pieces with no bad feelings!
Thank you, me too (and apparently everyone else!)
Enerchi|1337880118|3202724 said:
Very happy for you Ame, that you have found something and you are enjoying it! Congratulations on the new ring and I hope it continues to bring you happiness :))
Thanks! Me too. I am still totally mocking myself for 1) Tiffanys and 2) Channel Set. I will say that there's something about the Tiffany version that I haven't seen as well done anywhere else.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO beautiful - keep it ALL and WEAR IT!@!!!! nI love channel sets, b/c I love the crisp look and stacking with no worries of scratching other rings!! IF you don't have one do yourself a favor and invest in an ultrasonic cleaner - to me it's the ONLY way to really get a channel clean and boy does it make a difference!!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is lovely Ame! I hope you will be able to enjoy it, and keep it, and it will hold up really well for you. I think you have a gorgeous set!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1337884610|3202793 said:
I think it is lovely Ame! I hope you will be able to enjoy it, and keep it, and it will hold up really well for you. I think you have a gorgeous set!
Thank you! I hope I will be able to enjoy and actually wear it. I have like another week til my return window ends to figure it out.

motownmama|1337884412|3202789 said:
SO beautiful - keep it ALL and WEAR IT!@!!!! nI love channel sets, b/c I love the crisp look and stacking with no worries of scratching other rings!! IF you don't have one do yourself a favor and invest in an ultrasonic cleaner - to me it's the ONLY way to really get a channel clean and boy does it make a difference!!!!
I do have one, though Ill say that I don't typically notice a big difference when I use it. I feel like the steamer gets it out better? I dunno. I usually use that Sparkle Sparkle stuff that WF used to include when you got something, and I still buy that (in bulk) from the maker in bigger bottles (I even started buying bulk starter kits to give my brides!) I might bust out the US this weekend again. I can technically go to Tiffs every hour if I wanted to and they'd clean it for me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, you did it!!

Ame unevenly spaced and wonky as the stones and setting may be under the microscope, it looks FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS with your rings IRL :love: :appl:

It *looks* right. In height, in style, and in the way all three fit on your finger. Tiffany rescue! :bigsmile:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, beautiful band! It looks *perfect* (I hesitate to say it for fear of feeding your OCD ;)) ) But IT DOES! Gorgeous set! Hope it somewhat helps restore your confidence in your bangles and the whole buying process!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1337886060|3202812 said:
Oh my, you did it!!

Ame unevenly spaced and wonky as the stones and setting may be under the microscope, it looks FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS with your rings IRL :love: :appl:

It *looks* right. In height, in style, and in the way all three fit on your finger. Tiffany rescue! :bigsmile:
Thanks! I DID do it. Im still waffling on it, and can't believe I did it. This one I picked out doesn't have much wonky as the others did but it's perfect without a magnifier! The height is perfect, the width is perfect...it has the right outer "curve" which is awesome too. Woot!

Snicklefritz|1337886895|3202825 said:
Ooh, beautiful band! It looks *perfect* (I hesitate to say it for fear of feeding your OCD ;)) ) But IT DOES! Gorgeous set! Hope it somewhat helps restore your confidence in your bangles and the whole buying process!
Thanks! We'll see if I can get any confidence. So far not there yet!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I love it! I tend to OCD about my jewelry, too, but what helps me enjoy it is to remember that metal and stones are going to outlast my bones! Whoever wears it after I've kicked the bucket probably won't be to cautious to enjoy it, so I should appreciate it while I've got it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!

Put that loupe away girl! ;))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrs jam|1337891105|3202884 said:
Oh, I love it! I tend to OCD about my jewelry, too, but what helps me enjoy it is to remember that metal and stones are going to outlast my bones! Whoever wears it after I've kicked the bucket probably won't be to cautious to enjoy it, so I should appreciate it while I've got it!
Thanks!!!
I am trying to be that way. So far not going so hot!

Laila619|1337891141|3202886 said:
GORGEOUS!!

Put that loupe away girl! ;))
Thanks!!!

I have tried. I really have. If I can't loupe I freak.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect with your set...I love the new band :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!!

Is that a pink in your avatar?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1337896000|3202949 said:
Thanks!!!

Is that a pink in your avatar?

lol only in my dreams, its a pink tourmaline.....

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a great color!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame... I love it.. and it looks perfect with your set. I hope you wear your ring more.. your engagement ring diamond is too beautiful to be hiding in a drawer!!!! :love: :love: :love:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I wish I knew you when I did my wedding invitations. The OCDness is awesome for your customers.

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Oh ame, your new band is perfection. Sheer perfection. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Your stack is exactly what I want my set to look like when it grows up. If you are taking photo requests, I would love to see the half eternity between your e-ring and w-band. :naughty:

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
What a perfect set!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results