shape
carat
color
clarity

Busted! Delayed reveal, Tiffany 2mm Half Eternity band

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1337900918|3203005 said:
ame... I love it.. and it looks perfect with your set. I hope you wear your ring more.. your engagement ring diamond is too beautiful to be hiding in a drawer!!!! :love: :love: :love:
Thanks!!! Usually they're in their little boxes in the safe or in my pouch. Some days I intend to wear them and then just never get to them.

CharmyPoo|1337906386|3203087 said:
I wish I knew you when I did my wedding invitations. The OCDness is awesome for your customers.
Aww thanks! I tend to think of it as a positive. Someone else paid for this stuff, I am merely "keeping it" til it's time. I double ziploc everything and have stickers with the logo on them to fold the flap down so water can't get in. The people I usually have assemble with me (aka my sister, bil and dh) do NOT appreciate it as much as the clients. No rings, no nails (AT ALL, no white allowed!), no nail polish, clean hands any time you touch your face, your arm, your clothes, anything that's not the paper, wash hands every 20 minutes and dry well, measure EVERYTHING before taping, no beverages or food at all inthe room, etc etc etc. Rings and nails are death to the fibers and the ink, and the papers are usually cotton and they tend to absorb the oil from your skin too easily otherwise. Polish leaves marks on the paper too. The only time I broke those rules was doing my sister's invitations. I left her in charge of that, and we just did it in segments bec she had like 300 pocketfolds all layered to death and they cost a fortune to mail! She didn't want to cut her nails and she didnt care if the ring dented the paper, probably because we had SO many to do. Since it was hers, fine, but they don't belong to us otherwise, so we do it the "right way" lol. My parents helped us assemble with one REALLY big order with irreplaceable papers that I did not have time to replace any facet of if I would've had to, and my dad plops this beer bottle down on the table and my sister said I turned into medusa and was like "get. that. off. the. table. NOW" I bet it was a sight!

LittleRiver|1337907443|3203103 said:
Oh ame, your new band is perfection. Sheer perfection. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Your stack is exactly what I want my set to look like when it grows up. If you are taking photo requests, I would love to see the half eternity between your e-ring and w-band. :naughty:
I will work on that this weekend hopefully. I will be doing it in little bursts bec it will be GUH-ROSS outside. I just knocked out an assembly literally 12 minutes ago so I should be free this weekend unless this lady calls me about a last minute seating board. I lol'd at the "when it grows up" line btw.

Orchid Lei|1337907750|3203110 said:
What a perfect set!
Thank you!!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Ame

It is just perfect. I am so sorry about the other thread! :oops:

I hope this ring completes your set and you will love it forever. Tiffany's customer service is excellent, I hear, so I am sure they will want to make you happy with regards to cleaning etc.

I, too, would love some more shots!!!!

:wavey:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great.

Nothing in life is perfect. Or if it is, it won't stay that way.

I wish you could just relax and enjoy your beautiful rings.

I get all sad when I think that they aren't bringing you the kind of pleasure they should ::)

But again, your set looks perfect to my eyes!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
You know I think it's fantastic!!! I love all the pictures and I think it matches perfectly. Any problems with it spinning?

Chloegal

Rough_Rock
It`s beautiful of course.

I`m sad for you and those around you that you are so underwhelmed by your new ring.

It`s a shame for you that you just can`t let go and just feel some joy or appreciation. It`s silly louping things that are not meant to be enjoyed that way. It`s begging to be let down. And sort of self indulgent and judgemental.

Now you just got a Tiffany ring you lucky gal! Enjoy it, if only to show your partner that all the hours of discussion was for a happy result in your life!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
susimoo|1337933282|3203371 said:
Ame

It is just perfect. I am so sorry about the other thread! :oops:

I hope this ring completes your set and you will love it forever. Tiffany's customer service is excellent, I hear, so I am sure they will want to make you happy with regards to cleaning etc.

I, too, would love some more shots!!!!

No problem! Ill try for pics this weekend. I shouldn't have any issues. Besides laziness.

This store in particular...eh...but Ill be in Chicago in a few weeks so Ill have them clean it up. I am using my sparkle sparkle spray on it usually, and have used my jewel jet a few times. I might bust out the US this weekend tho I usually don't find that does a lot more than I can with the spray! I do know that unless I go to a different jeweler, I have to send it to NYC for polishing ( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ). Ill put that off a while.

rosetta|1337933729|3203373 said:
I think it looks great.

Nothing in life is perfect. Or if it is, it won't stay that way.

I wish you could just relax and enjoy your beautiful rings.

I get all sad when I think that they aren't bringing you the kind of pleasure they should ::)

But again, your set looks perfect to my eyes!
Thanks!!! Yea I do whatever I can to keep em that way though!

Logan Sapphire|1337944872|3203405 said:
You know I think it's fantastic!!! I love all the pictures and I think it matches perfectly. Any problems with it spinning?
I know you do, and THANK YOU for your pics and input!!!

Not really. Only when my hands are wet or when I am freezing which is VERY rare. But it's never spun all the way around, just half way down one side.

Chloegal|1337946985|3203412 said:
It`s beautiful of course.

I`m sad for you and those around you that you are so underwhelmed by your new ring.

It`s a shame for you that you just can`t let go and just feel some joy or appreciation. It`s silly louping things that are not meant to be enjoyed that way. It`s begging to be let down. And sort of self indulgent and judgemental.

Now you just got a Tiffany ring you lucky gal! Enjoy it, if only to show your partner that all the hours of discussion was for a happy result in your life!
Where did I say I wasn't appreciative? Ever? I work my ass off, as does my husband, so that we can have nice things and a nice savings and retirement account. I like them to stay nice, and I have been burned by less than capable hands in the past. It's been so many times that I simply cannot trust it. Maybe one day Ill relax. I loupe it to make sure it's remained perfect from any accidents and is good after a cleaning.

"Those around me" do not care, so I don't trouble them with it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore that ring and have wanted the 2.5mm version for ages! Its looks divine with your set, both on its own and stacked with both other rings.

[PS I suspect you are OCD about the rings in part because they are so $$. The cost of jewelery makes me a little wierd about it too, just not the same way]

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it Ame! Looks beautiful with your rings. Classic, timeless and elegant.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1337953471|3203465 said:
I adore that ring and have wanted the 2.5mm version for ages! Its looks divine with your set, both on its own and stacked with both other rings.

[PS I suspect you are OCD about the rings in part because they are so $$. The cost of jewelery makes me a little wierd about it too, just not the same way]
That is a BIG part of it, the cost. Knowing I can replace it with insurance isn't exactly a comfort to me for some reason. I have shelled out a lot of money trying to get what I was expecting would be well made, and it would turn out not to be. It made me believe that there simply wasn't anyone out there capable of making it right, and taking the time to make sure it's right. So even this, I just don't trust it yet. Maybe eventually my shoulders will unwind from up by my ears and I won't be so worried about it. So hopefully that's all done til I deal with the Vatche.

Thank you!!! I obviously now want more to stack.... But that's not happening any time soon! I tried on just about every option they had in the store, and this one felt really nice and smooth and still sparkled a lot. And I wanted a Jessica(?) from JBEG but I won't be able to budget for that for a long time, even in tiny payments, and they're eliminating their custom business on the 31st. :( So unless I find one in my size secondhand or some sample pops up in Platinum really "cheap" I won't probably ever have one.

missy|1337953914|3203469 said:
I love it Ame! Looks beautiful with your rings. Classic, timeless and elegant.
Thank you!!!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Dear Ame,
I followed the whole ring "drama" and I really felt sad for you...I hope you finally found what you're looking for ...crossing my fingers for you...
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Did you try the channel set princess band (2.6 mm wide)? Just curious to know how it looks...

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you deserve your gorgeous BLING - ENJOY!!!!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
purplesilk|1337956430|3203509 said:
Dear Ame,
I followed the whole ring "drama" and I really felt sad for you...I hope you finally found what you're looking for ...crossing my fingers for you...
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Did you try the channel set princess band (2.6 mm wide)? Just curious to know how it looks...
Thank you!!! I think I did. I hope I can relax and not feel guilty at myself over it.

I tried on two princess cut ones, and I believe that one was the 2.6mm and the other was around 2.2? I don't have pics but with MY stone it seemed too wide. I think if my stone was bigger it would be perfect. I like that their channels seem like they have less metal than is typical.

motownmama|1337958921|3203542 said:
you deserve your gorgeous BLING - ENJOY!!!!!!
Thank you!!! I earned it!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's gorgeous ame! You've certainly been through a lot with your bling and I'm glad that you found something that is up to your expectations! :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1337959305|3203551 said:
It's gorgeous ame! You've certainly been through a lot with your bling and I'm glad that you found something that is up to your expectations! :appl:
Thank you!!! I hope someday soon I can say it was all worth it! lol!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
ame|1337956121|3203501 said:
It made me believe that there simply wasn't anyone out there capable of making it right, and taking the time to make sure it's right. So even this, I just don't trust it yet. Maybe eventually my shoulders will unwind from up by my ears and I won't be so worried about it.

I empathize with you, Ame. You sound like me when I talk about my work sometimes, or anything that's stressing me out. :lol: I have an anxiety disorder and when situations are bad, it's hard for me to see how they will ever get better. Or, if someone messes up in a big way, it's hard for me to forgive and move on. My DH is truly a dear, and has helped me do some cognitive behavioral therapy things (he's a youth counselor) that are useful. It also helps me to remind myself that in the end, it probably won't matter. Like, I'm probably not going to lay on my death bed and think, "I wish I had made sure everything was perfect." It helps me to live in the moment and just enjoy things for what they are--temporary, worldly things. I'm sure you realize this already, but this is just what helps me.

I really do think your set is absolutely to die for. My set is very, very similar (3 rings, each ring is 2mm, plain band and solitaire originally, then added in my little bezel band) and we even have the same big knuckle/smaller finger thing with our size 5s. Now I just gotta get over a carat with an upgrade... :cheeky:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
A couple of months ago I tried a bunch of (no brand) channel set princess bands and they all were dull and looked awful :knockout:
Since you're a perfectionist,I'd like to know you opinion on Tiffany's princess bands: do they sparkle? Do they have gaps?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
rubybeth|1337959920|3203571 said:
ame|1337956121|3203501 said:
It made me believe that there simply wasn't anyone out there capable of making it right, and taking the time to make sure it's right. So even this, I just don't trust it yet. Maybe eventually my shoulders will unwind from up by my ears and I won't be so worried about it.

I empathize with you, Ame. You sound like me when I talk about my work sometimes, or anything that's stressing me out. :lol: I have an anxiety disorder and when situations are bad, it's hard for me to see how they will ever get better. Or, if someone messes up in a big way, it's hard for me to forgive and move on. My DH is truly a dear, and has helped me do some cognitive behavioral therapy things (he's a youth counselor) that are useful. It also helps me to remind myself that in the end, it probably won't matter. Like, I'm probably not going to lay on my death bed and think, "I wish I had made sure everything was perfect." It helps me to live in the moment and just enjoy things for what they are--temporary, worldly things. I'm sure you realize this already, but this is just what helps me.

I really do think your set is absolutely to die for. My set is very, very similar (3 rings, each ring is 2mm, plain band and solitaire originally, then added in my little bezel band) and we even have the same big knuckle/smaller finger thing with our size 5s. Now I just gotta get over a carat with an upgrade... :cheeky:
lol I think your set is pretty awesome! I got an "upgrade" only bec I had been looking for a specific combination of clarity and color in this cut, and this one was bigger than my other one, so we made it happen. But 2mm for a ring width to me is perfect. I considered that Sholdt Fremont (still am actually) but the widening band at the stone freaks me out. Im concerned with flush-ness and with it looking smaller in the stonal region. lol

I really do hope I unwind. Part of my speech to myself is "I don't want to miss them when I am dead bec I didn't wear them enough". "I want whichever child I leave these to to get them in amazing condition and know that I loved them and that they saw me wear them. I try. I really do. And you guys are really the only people besides DH that would even come close to understanding this stuff.

purplesilk|1337963300|3203619 said:
A couple of months ago I tried a bunch of (no brand) channel set princess bands and they all were dull and looked awful :knockout:
Since you're a perfectionist,I'd like to know you opinion on Tiffany's princess bands: do they sparkle? Do they have gaps?
I did not loupe any of the princess bands but I saw no gaps at all with my eye. The princess bands were literally a wall of stones. I also felt their princesses were quite nice. The lighting obviously makes everything amazing there, but they sparkled unlike any other princess bands I'd seen, esp in a channel. I was impressed, and actually for a split second considered a princess band.

Ive never owned a band with princesses from Facets but their bands were always quite nice with the rounds.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your quick reply, Ame.
I was considering to buy a channel set princess band: I went in four different shops, but I was totally disappointed with the quality of their rings (dull diamonds, gaps, too much metal)...I think I should visit a Tiffany's store.

I'm really happy you found a diamond band you like.
Best to you,
Purplesilk

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Ame, Congratulations!

You know already I'm a big fan of these high end bands because of the quality of the metalwork specifically the way casting gives the designer practically infinite control as compared to taking a metal rod and cutting the center out of it like a cookie cutter and then shaving and polishing the rest.

If you decide you don't want to deal with what you called the "gunk" cleaning and if you want even more precision in terms of the stone placement, I highly recommend you consider making them give you credit if you'd like their new bead set half eternity. You can see it at their site here:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP04975&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+288152-r+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

In any case, I hope you can be satisfied because we all deserve that. 30x looping a ring daily honestly just doesn't sound like fun.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
purplesilk|1337965296|3203651 said:
Thanks for your quick reply, Ame.
I was considering to buy a channel set princess band: I went in four different shops, but I was totally disappointed with the quality of their rings (dull diamonds, gaps, too much metal)...I think I should visit a Tiffany's store.

I'm really happy you found a diamond band you like.
Best to you,
Purplesilk
Thank you! :wavey: I would check it out, just to see what you think. I strongly debated getting a band from Facets but they told me the only way to get one in a 2-2.1mm width was going custom and I can't do that again, nor is it returnable if I hate it. So I decided it was not worth it. Their stones were amazing, at least their rounds, I felt, esp for the price point.

Imdanny|1337965331|3203653 said:
Ame, Congratulations!

You know already I'm a big fan of these high end bands because of the quality of the metalwork specifically the way casting gives the designer practically infinite control as compared to taking a metal rod and cutting the center out of it like a cookie cutter and then shaving and polishing the rest.

If you decide you don't want to deal with what you called the "gunk" cleaning and if you want even more precision in terms of the stone placement, I highly recommend you consider making them give you credit if you'd like their new bead set half eternity. You can see it at their site here:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP04975&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+288152-r+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

In any case, I hope you can be satisfied because we all deserve that. 30x looping a ring daily honestly just doesn't sound like fun.
Thanks!!! I actually tried that ring on, as well as the 1.5mm Lucida one, and neither was particularly impressive. The stones were SO TINY that it was like they weren't there. Yea I am trying so hard to chill with it. I don't want to need stronger contacts ;-)

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Ame, I am so glad you found something that you like and can live with. I am impressed that you let go enough to go with Tiffany & Co, who, if I remember correctly, you had a huge issue with. I think the new band looks wonderful with your set. Enjoy it...really...enjoy it!!!

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
Ame, I'm very happy for you that you found a ring you like and that looks so beautiful with your amazing stone. I tend to baby my rings also so I understand where you are coming from. I like my nice things to look nice so I try not to "abuse" them too much. Enjoy your new set and wear it in good health!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
onedrop|1337974728|3203758 said:
Ame, I am so glad you found something that you like and can live with. I am impressed that you let go enough to go with Tiffany & Co, who, if I remember correctly, you had a huge issue with. I think the new band looks wonderful with your set. Enjoy it...really...enjoy it!!!
Thank you!!! Your (former) threestone is still something I have bookmarked. Proportionally it was perfection, and before my other ring was stolen, was something I was going to duplicate as the center was the same size! I might still do it someday. I feel like solitaires are another thing I have no success with!

I did, I do still have a bit of a vendetta. But at this stage of the game, I am sick of waiting on what I asked for to be done how I asked for it to be done successfully. Being able to buy it and be done was more important than the vendetta which is why we just did it.

Mrsacornblue|1337976315|3203793 said:
Ame, I'm very happy for you that you found a ring you like and that looks so beautiful with your amazing stone. I tend to baby my rings also so I understand where you are coming from. I like my nice things to look nice so I try not to "abuse" them too much. Enjoy your new set and wear it in good health!!
Thank you!!! I can't "enjoy" something that's not "perfect" or "in great shape!" so it's important for me to not abuse them!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new band ame, it looks perfect with your other rings - the Tiffany channel set band is the prettiest I've ever seen!!!

I understand where you're coming from - I fret over damaging my rings, especially the OEC ring I got recently. I'm really careful and am always conscious of it whenever I wear it, and it stresses me out sometimes- a combination that it's an older piece and that it was an expensive purchase. Hopefully the both of us will just learn to relax one of these days!

ETA: I'm on an iPad, and autocorrect had changed OEC to OECD !! How appropriate! :D

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
ame|1337977640|3203819 said:
Thank you!!! Your (former) threestone is still something I have bookmarked. Proportionally it was perfection, and before my other ring was stolen, was something I was going to duplicate as the center was the same size! I might still do it someday. I feel like solitaires are another thing I have no success with!

I did, I do still have a bit of a vendetta. But at this stage of the game, I am sick of waiting on what I asked for to be done how I asked for it to be done successfully. Being able to buy it and be done was more important than the vendetta which is why we just did it.

Oh my! That is a huge compliment. In fact one of the best that I've received in a while, so thanks SO much! You're right, since my center stone is pretty small, a three stone setting provides that extra oomph! Maybe in time, you'll do an engagement ring re-set and I'll be the first to suggest a three stone setting. But first things first, let's settle in with the new bauble! :bigsmile:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Ame I really hope that you decide to love this ring! It truly looks amazing with your ering and band. You certainly seem a bit more relaxed about this one than the last, maybe because you were able to loupe it beforehand and knew exactly what you were getting and were able to approve it yourself first? I hope that you'll have an opportunity to wear your rings this weekend, take lots of photos and fall in love with your rings all over again. What a great feeling it would be for you to finally feel not only content, but happy with them!! :))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
onedrop|1337980643|3203860 said:
ame|1337977640|3203819 said:

Oh my! That is a huge compliment. In fact one of the best that I've received in a while, so thanks SO much! You're right, since my center stone is pretty small, a three stone setting provides that extra oomph! Maybe in time, you'll do an engagement ring re-set and I'll be the first to suggest a three stone setting. But first things first, let's settle in with the new bauble! :bigsmile:
Well I am glad I made your day!!! I LOVE your ring, it was proportionally perfect and the size and finger coverage looked fantastic on your hand. AND we wear the same ring size so I knew what it would look like on me!

Right now my plan is either a 3-stone with two sides cut to match this one, though smaller, OR reset this into something safe and well made, and then when I upgrade, if ever, do a three stone then too. Finding / cutting two Stars to match this is gonna be hard.

Christina...|1337994698|3204003 said:
Ame I really hope that you decide to love this ring! It truly looks amazing with your ering and band. You certainly seem a bit more relaxed about this one than the last, maybe because you were able to loupe it beforehand and knew exactly what you were getting and were able to approve it yourself first? I hope that you'll have an opportunity to wear your rings this weekend, take lots of photos and fall in love with your rings all over again. What a great feeling it would be for you to finally feel not only content, but happy with them!! :))
Thanks!!! I think louping it before I left with it helped exponentially. And selecting it from a "pile" of the same so I could weed them out is helpful also. I just need to get comfortable wearing it without having to loupe it 4 times a day!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame ,it looks perfect, it really does. Enjoy and WEAR it in good health. ;))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1337998369|3204029 said:
ame ,it looks perfect, it really does. Enjoy and WEAR it in good health. ;))
working on that!

junebug17|1337979561|3203852 said:
I love your new band ame, it looks perfect with your other rings - the Tiffany channel set band is the prettiest I've ever seen!!!

I understand where you're coming from - I fret over damaging my rings, especially the OEC ring I got recently. I'm really careful and am always conscious of it whenever I wear it, and it stresses me out sometimes- a combination that it's an older piece and that it was an expensive purchase. Hopefully the both of us will just learn to relax one of these days!

ETA: I'm on an iPad, and autocorrect had changed OEC to OECD !! How appropriate! :D
Hopefully!!! And yes OECD is PERFECT in this instance!!! I am very conscious of them, their expense, their age, their worth.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
it's perfect! enjoy it :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results