shape
carat
color
clarity

She didn''t like the ring. Would you be offended?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Deco,
pls try to see to the heart of my post - I took offence to AB2BGN making speculative comments
about a store he''s never been to, nor bought from..nor anything else but listened to a phone msg.

simple..
actually, just see my post above, I think that sums it up.

I never said he should drag the girl to the GOG store either - so lets not get our stories mixed here please!

about2begin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:32:05 AM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 5/7/2009 11:12:28 AM

Author: about2begin

Date: 5/7/2009 11:07:49 AM

QUOTE:

'and if she goes and see's 'We buy Gold' signs, she might be really turned off'.

statement by you, based on...nothing..

thanks for proving my point that you are misrepresenting based on no real experience with this store (a phone msg?!).

Why don't you leave your consumer reports to being about BN, and leave the ones about GOG to those that have actually interacted past listening to a voicemail message
35.gif

Or (or !!!!!), was it based on the impression I had of this girl? True, I don't know her personally (only 1 person on this thread does), but I feel comfortable that I'm correct.

In this instance, the recorded message/signage (which I only said might possibly exist) might be a real concern. I would never post if it hadn't been. there are probably ~10 threads/day about GOG -- I've only posted in this one.

Sorry that you take such offense to my posting of facts. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else.

A2BGN - actually, it's your lack of facts which I found troubling..

You yourself have admitted a number of times you are just making Assumptions about this store

based on one lousy phone msg...not really fair is it?!

And frankly, if I were part of GOG I would find your statements about the 'potential' appearance and theme of their store downright offensive...perhaps worse, considering your post seemed aimed to influence an otherwise happy customer (the OP, Not the girl), to take their business elsewhere based on..not much at all, in the end..

It doesn't matter how many or little threads about GOG or other companies you have posted on, we all hold a responsibility here to post about Factual Accounts only - NOT speculation and nay-saying.

You will find this is not acceptable around here about any vendor, whether there's a thousand threads or four on them..

I don't care if you or others see this as me being a 'GOG fangirl' - because it's really me trying to

keep the intended spirit of PS true - helpful consumer accounts based on real interactions with vendors (be they good or bad, the *real* part I think you will find is key here).
2.gif

okay, it's late in my part of the world, so I'm outskie!

I hope you will take this as me saying peace, because I ain't got much more posting energy in me

9.gif

My phone call was a "real" interaction. It wasn't speculation. It happened. I called their "real" number, and got their "real" recording. The other poster saw their "real" pictures (which I had seen too a while back). You don't have to buy from a store to have a real experience with them. In fact, many experiences (with any store, selling anything) have the opposite effect.

I didn't say he should take his business elsewhere. I said he COULD if he HAD to. In fact, the 75% buy-back is a service GOG offers. It's a plus for them, no? Wouldn't that be pointing to a positive service the store offered? Wouldn't I be saying give GOG 25% of your purchase price for nothing? Wow, I'm really killing them...

You're twisting a lot of what I say, and mischaracterizing the rest. Stay on topic.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
1263732qjo53yeqzf.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:42:32 AM
Author: Ellen
1263732qjo53yeqzf.gif

thanks Ellen - I''m gonna stop banging my head against the wall now and go eat pie on
the couch instead - cheers hon!
9.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2009 11:39:15 AM

My phone call was a ''real'' interaction. It wasn''t speculation. It happened. I called their ''real'' number, and got their ''real'' recording. The other poster saw their ''real'' pictures (which I had seen too a while back).

I didn''t say he should take his business elsewhere. I said he COULD if he HAD to. In fact, the 75% buy-back is a service GOG offers. It''s a plus for them, no? Wouldn''t that be pointing to a positive service the store offered? Wouldn''t I be saying give GOG 25% of your purchase price for nothing? Wow, I''m really killing them...

You''re twisting a lot of what I say, and mischaracterizing the rest. Stay on topic.

Even if he decided to take his business elsewhere, if hes in the return policy, he can return the stone for a full refund. I''d like to see how much you''d recop from another store after the return peroid is though...you wont get close to 75%. Just because GOG is buying gold doesnt make it a "lesser quality" store front. I''ve worked with GOG and they have been nothing but steller in every since of the word. They excel in customer service, and go above and beyond to make their guests happy. What the other poster was trying to say is that the way your wording it, you make it sound like a trashy store to buy from because it offers more than one service (meaning you can sell your gold, as well as estate pieces there) when thats not the case.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 8:20:41 AM
Author: cdogstu99
And i also showed her this thread (which might have been a mistake); she then mentioned that diamond was too small and that she wants a VS1 (because of what she read here likely).
Too small?
Unless she is 18 and you are 90, this reflects a blatant lack of education.
6.gif

If you''re a billionaire, I understand her too.
2.gif

bowral1

Rough_Rock

cdogstu99 PLEASE take Conflagration’s advice she is correct. I think that is what is best.

“Frankly, in your position, I would take the ring back from her and apologize. Return the ring as it''s now tainted. Tell her you will do better and YOU don''t mention rings again. Only after one year has passed, from now, would I even consider buying another ring. Giving yourself and her PLENTY of time for eyes to open and see how things are....tell her you''re saving up if she asks in the coming year.”

Melissa

Good luck!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:18:16 AM
Author: purrfectpear
Give her a check for $5K and a bus ticket to Tiffany's. Tell her you'll take her to Kentucky Fried Chicken to celebrate 'her' purchase.
20.gif

Ha! I like this idea.

From what you've told us, it seems your time and effort has gone unnoticed, which is a real shame. If you're still planning on proposing to her in the near future, I'd give her a check and let her choose exactly what she wants. Better yet, urge her toward Tiffany and let her see just how much she'll (you'll) be paying for the name. I bet she'll see the 'small' 1.24 ct. in a completely different light after that experience.

Whatever happens, I'm sorry, cdog. You didn't deserve this outcome.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:35:26 AM
I never said he should drag the girl to the GOG store either - so lets not get our stories mixed here please!
But other people WERE suggesting he take her there. Which led to the speculation about the potential for "we buy gold" SIGNAGE. I don''t know that *THAT* exists there & don''t care to speculate about it ... BUT I do think that considering the circumstances that it is very likely to be a GRAVE ERROR to take her into their storefront at this juncture. He got a *feel* of the place similar to the *feel* I intuited about it. Its a visceral reaction & valid info. Though I wouldn''t have inserted my opinion in this thread necessarily -- I think its necessary to back up a view similar to my own if its going to be so aggressively attacked.

about2begin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:44:28 AM
Author: redrose229
Date: 5/7/2009 11:39:15 AM

My phone call was a 'real' interaction. It wasn't speculation. It happened. I called their 'real' number, and got their 'real' recording. The other poster saw their 'real' pictures (which I had seen too a while back).

I didn't say he should take his business elsewhere. I said he COULD if he HAD to. In fact, the 75% buy-back is a service GOG offers. It's a plus for them, no? Wouldn't that be pointing to a positive service the store offered? Wouldn't I be saying give GOG 25% of your purchase price for nothing? Wow, I'm really killing them...

You're twisting a lot of what I say, and mischaracterizing the rest. Stay on topic.

Even if he decided to take his business elsewhere, if hes in the return policy, he can return the stone for a full refund. I'd like to see how much you'd recop from another store after the return peroid is though...you wont get close to 75%. Just because GOG is buying gold doesnt make it a 'lesser quality' store front. I've worked with GOG and they have been nothing but steller in every since of the word. They excel in customer service, and go above and beyond to make their guests happy. What the other poster was trying to say is that the way your wording it, you make it sound like a trashy store to buy from because it offers more than one service (meaning you can sell your gold, as well as estate pieces there) when thats not the case.

Good for him! Obviously a full return is better if he decides to go to Tiffany. Yes, the 75% buy back is a great policy. So is the full value trade up. There's a lot of GOOD/GREAT things that GOG offers.

Here's where I disagree: You're stating how you feel. I think the real question is "how would this girl feel?" I never said "trashy" -- you're gleaning "trashy" from my statement that they buy gold. See, you're sort of making my point.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:47:50 AM
Author: bowral1

cdogstu99 PLEASE take Conflagration’s advice she is correct. I think that is what is best.

“Frankly, in your position, I would take the ring back from her and apologize. Return the ring as it''s now tainted. Tell her you will do better and YOU don''t mention rings again. Only after one year has passed, from now, would I even consider buying another ring. Giving yourself and her PLENTY of time for eyes to open and see how things are....tell her you''re saving up if she asks in the coming year.”

Melissa

Good luck!
Please don''t do this! A year of passive aggressive tactics is not what will save this relationship!!! You both need to relax, forget about the ring, and remember why you''re together in the first place. Then when you''re calmer, you''ll be able to compromise without continually hurting one another.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:49:47 AM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 5/7/2009 11:35:26 AM

But other people WERE suggesting he take her there. Which led to the speculation about the potential for ''we buy gold'' SIGNAGE. I don''t know that *THAT* exists there & don''t care to speculate about it ... BUT I do think that considering the circumstances that it is very likely to be a GRAVE ERROR to take her into their storefront at this juncture. He got a *feel* of the place similar to the *feel* I intuited about it. Its a visceral reaction & valid info. Though I wouldn''t have inserted my opinion in this thread necessarily -- I think its necessary to back up a view similar to my own if its going to be so aggressively attacked.

Deco,
sorry hon but I''m already outta this one...long long day IRL, long silly argument on PS..
I''m eating pie now, remember
9.gif

but yes, back up your view - something like that was my point..

bowral1

Rough_Rock
LucyandRoger,

I am sorry I didn’t mean that this was a passive aggressive technique. Or some sort of mind game. Simply that maybe now would be a good time to sit back and remember why you want to marry this girl.
From what Cdog is saying, she is starting to sound as though the ring is main event in their relationship. I think her behavior is starting to sound very ungrateful and greedy. $10,000 is a lot to pay for a ring and she wants more? Again if he has a ton of money then its relative and my points are null and void.

Melissa

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 10:45:49 AM
''...that diamond was too small''

True colors
38.gif
Yep!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2009 11:18:11 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 5/6/2009 4:12:42 AM
Author: bee*
I would be upset too if she didn''t like the ring that I had put a lot of work into picking, but ultimately I would get her what she likes (budget providing). It sounds like she did want a Tiffany ring and the whole ''do what you feel is right'' thing probably meant get a tiffany ring. I would be another that wouldn''t want a visible inclusion on the table so I would try and get another diamond or if you can return it all, see would she prefer a smaller tiffany ring or a larger non-brand.
i can see this coming now...after he exchanges for a smaller Tiff ring she probably be piss about the smaller size compared to the current ring. sooo...this story ain''t gonna end til she gets her 1.25 ct Tiff ring.
i told you guys...size will come into play!!
9.gif

how much does a F VS1 1.75 ct Tiff go for these days?
yuminmytum.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s simple.

You have a budget. Your budget can''t get her what she wants.

Your Options:
1) Too bad so sad. She gets what she gets. Take it or leave it.
2) Up your budget to get a diamond in her color, clarity, cut, size range
3) Ask her to chip in to get what she wants.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/7/2009 11:10:00 AM
Author: NovemberBride
Date: 5/7/2009 10:47:59 AM

Author: Allison D.

I showed her this: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5250.

And i also showed her this thread (which might have been a mistake); she then mentioned that diamond was too small and that she wants a VS1 (because of what she read here likely).

23.gif
23.gif
8.gif

I''m really sorry, cdog. I don''t even know what to say. I know how I would feel about this, and it isn''t good.
I am reading this comment differently than everyone else it seems (maybe I am just more willing to give the FI the benefit of the doubt). I am reading it as she thought that the diamond cdog posted a link to (being the potential new SI1 diamond) was too small, because it''s smaller than the one she received initially (the SI1 is 1.25 vs the 1.35 SI2 she initially received). Now, the argument can be made that she may need to go down in size in order to stay within budget while increasing clarity, but there is a big difference in saying she doesn''t want a smaller diamond than what she was originallly given and saying that the diamond he gave her was too small. Although there''s probably little visual difference between the two, I can understand the mental block of going down in size. Geez, it seems like the posters on this thread just want to jump all over the FI without the benefit of the doubt.

Gotta say, I''m reading this just like NovemberBride ....

And, that said: it is a STONE, not a sensitive portion of the gentleman''s anatomy. Once again, advising him to reconsider his relationship on the basis of some pickiness concerning a ROCK seems to be jumping the gun just a tad ....

CDogStu99, just for perspective: my husband knows that I am incredibly picky when it comes to jewelry, so we''ve come to a kind of a gift-buying pattern that some might find unromantic ... but that really has both of us happy, me because I come from a jewelry-lovin'' family where planning and comparing the relative merits of pieces is part of the fun, him because he''s, well, getting an education in all of this/not buying stuff that makes the Baby Jesus cry (and before you jump on me for criticizing well-intentioned gifts, once he bought me a swirly gold heart: knowing that he thought heart-jewelry was schmoopy, I mentioned it was kind of sweet that he''d gotten over that; he looked aghast and said, "Wait, it''s a HEART?!? I thought it was just kind of Art Nouveau-ish, like you like, because of the lines" ... oy). Basically, when a gifty holiday approaches, he tells me his budget, I enjoy the Joy of Shopping, give him a short list of things which I love and which are worth the money, and he chooses the final object. This approach gives both of us some input into how we spend our money, helps us to understand one another''s tastes, and avoids any unpleasantness about things like one partner thinking an eye-visible inclusion is no big deal and the other one being an OCD perfectionist.

So why the long-winded story? Teaching by example. Also, pointing out that while for my husband, the budget is Sacred, for me it''s always been more of a rough guide (not just in this case, but in general - when I shop, sometimes I come in under, sometimes I come in over, but the important thing is getting the best possible thing). It took, like two awkward holidays of confusion before we managed to communicate to one another how the respective attitudes made us feel. Look at this as a good opportunity to talk - CALMLY! - about how you approach money, and love, and where they intersect, instead of automatically feeling rejected because she doesn''t like a material object (or, in her case, I would imagine, undervalued because of a physical object). Annnnnnnd, having written a phone-book, I''m out.
41.gif

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock

Cdog-

I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this. As unromantic as it sounds, the other poster's idea of a ring shaped credit card is probably not far off of what a lot of women would like!

What size Tiffany diamonds was she looking at? Were they similar in size to what she got? I ask because here's my assumption (I could be way off) of what happened: she looked at Tiffany and loved it. You said that you could get something better for the same money elsewhere. She then assumed that she was getting a VS quality diamond that would be HUGE since it wasn't from $Tiffany$. She got an SI diamond with a visible inclusion that wasn't quite as huge as she was imagining (because these things always look bigger in our imaginations). She now feels like you just didn't want to spend the $ to buy the Tiffany because you didn't think it was worth it (translation= she wasn't worth it). Even if she was looking at 1 ct Tiffany rings and you bought a 1.3, it's not a massive visual difference (especially if you don't have a 1 ct on hand to compare!) so she was probably imagining a much bigger diamond of equal quality.

At this point, I would give her the budget and let her see what it will buy at Tiffany vs. GOG. She'll likely end up wanting GOG but she'll know what the x amount of money will buy at each place.

I think it was a miscommunication- you said 'bigger and better than Tiffany' and she started dreaming of huge and perfect- the reality wasn't quite as fabulous as her imagination so she's feeling dissapointed, you're feeling hurt, she's feeling guilty for hurting you and sad that her dream moment didn't turn out quite as she'd dreamed and so on... Be patient with her and find out *exactly* what she was dreaming of- then you can look at your budget and show her that if it's size she wants, something else will have to give.

Good luck! This stuff can be tricky. The part we girls never seem to tell you guys is that we've been dreaming of this ring since we were old enough to know what an engagement ring was and we know exactly what it should look like- you have to guess!
19.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Okay. Well. That's not a good sign. At all. Maybe she meant that it is small compared to the one you proposed with? *hoping* Is she willing to drop in color?

We really need more context. For everything.

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
Oh Upgrade, not ALL of us have been dreaming of the ring all that time...prince charming, maybe!
3.gif

As someone who has been in her fair share of "Not For The Best" relationships, and finally found her prince charming...this all strikes me awfully funny. I know this isn''t a relationship thread, but, for all the effort and thought you put into it...to now start saying that 10 points smaller is TOO SMALL for her ring? That seems blatantly materialistic, and like she''s lost sight of what really matters.

I second the idea of putting it all away for awhile and getting to the bottom of things. Sure, it''s just a ring, but, all of this symbolizes stuff that goes beyond Just a Ring. Just m y $.02, and I am not trying to judge you or step on anyone''s toes, just going off all the stuff you''ve posted:)

bowral1

Rough_Rock
Upgrage you bring up a good point, I didn''t see it that way. I was pretty disappointed in the FI when I heard all the things she kept demanding . . . . bigger diamond, better clarity, and she went shopping at Tiffany’s in addition these other requests. You could very well be right and it’s a good point.
emsmile.gif

Melissa

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I am reading this comment differently than everyone else it seems (maybe I am just more willing to give the FI the benefit of the doubt). I am reading it as she thought that the diamond cdog posted a link to (being the potential new SI1 diamond) was too small, because it''s smaller than the one she received initially (the SI1 is 1.25 vs the 1.35 SI2 she initially received). Now, the argument can be made that she may need to go down in size in order to stay within budget while increasing clarity, but there is a big difference in saying she doesn''t want a smaller diamond than what she was originallly given and saying that the diamond he gave her was too small. Although there''s probably little visual difference between the two, I can understand the mental block of going down in size. Geez, it seems like the posters on this thread just want to jump all over the FI without the benefit of the doubt.
Honestly, to me, I don''t think there is any difference.

He was able to buy the original (larger) stone because he sacrificed clarity. She wasn''t happy with it because the clarity was too low (not eyeclean). If his budget remains the same and he''s expected to replace the SI2 stone with an option of higher clarity, something has to give and that likely means size.

If she doesn''t want to sacrifice size and yet wants better clarity, wouldn''t that suggest the message is "up your budget"? Unless she''s saying she''s willing to flex on color or make, that''s surely what it sounds like the message is, and if that''s the message, I stand by my reaction.
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Forgive me if you've mentioned this already cdog and I've just forgotten, but does SHE know what the budget is? If not, perhaps her expectations are higher because of that. If she does, and she's still acting like this, then I just don't know what to say... other than it's not very becoming.
7.gif
14.gif

What size is her finger? Do you know how much finger coverage she's hoping to have? Does she know what color she's comfortable with, does she like icy white or to see some warmth etc.? It seems there are a lot of variables here that are still unknown. At least she's specified VS1 minimum, but that's going to significantly increase the price of the stone. The higher color goes, the higher the price as well and we already know what size does to a price. Like has been said already, something is going to have to give. In this case I think it's the girlfriend's expectations that need changing.

You really need to get down to the bottom of what she expects. At first I was willing to think it was just the visible inclusion, but now it seems to be much more than that. Either way, how disheartening. I hope you're able to resolve things without more hurt feelings. Good luck.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:48:00 AM
Author: EBree

Date: 5/7/2009 11:18:16 AM
Give her a check for $5K and a bus ticket to Tiffany''s. Tell her you''ll take her to Kentucky Fried Chicken to celebrate ''her'' purchase.
20.gif

Ha! I like this idea.

From what you''ve told us, it seems your time and effort has gone unnoticed, which is a real shame. If you''re still planning on proposing to her in the near future, I''d give her a check and let her choose exactly what she wants. Better yet, urge her toward Tiffany and let her see just how much she''ll (you''ll) be paying for the name. I bet she''ll see the ''small'' 1.24 ct. in a completely different light after that experience.

Whatever happens, I''m sorry, cdog. You didn''t deserve this outcome.
This sounds like a great idea. I''m impressed with the time and thought you put into ring and you really don''t deserve this.
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
RUN RUN RUN!!!!! far far away.
That Is what I would do, life is to short to put up with someone who acts that way much less waste a few years before the divorce and lose 1/2 of everything.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cdog - I can''t believe that you''re having to go through this. Quite frankly I''m appalled that any woman would be so materialistic.

To all the men this thread has scared off from proposing - there are women out here who would consider an offer of marriage to be THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. Not the ring! I speak as a jewellery collector. I''ve never had an e''ring as it''s not in my husband''s culture to give one - it IS in my culture however and I was slightly disappointed not to receive one. Did this make me love him any less? No. He spoils me in other ways, is my best friend, my confidante, my rock and my wedding band, a plain gold band, means more to me than anything.

I can''t believe how many comments I''ve read on here saying they wouldn''t have accepted an F colour, 1.35ct diamond - bigger than most people have the opportunity to own in a lifetime. As for expecting a man to go to Tiffanys? Unbelievable.

Get her a huge CZ in a Tiffanyesque setting.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 1:32:19 PM
Author: Allison D.

Honestly, to me, I don''t think there is any difference.

He was able to buy the original (larger) stone because he sacrificed clarity. She wasn''t happy with it because the clarity was too low (not eyeclean). If his budget remains the same and he''s expected to replace the SI2 stone with an option of higher clarity, something has to give and that likely means size.

If she doesn''t want to sacrifice size and yet wants better clarity, wouldn''t that suggest the message is ''up your budget''? Unless she''s saying she''s willing to flex on color or make, that''s surely what it sounds like the message is, and if that''s the message, I stand by my reaction.
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
November Bride, I read the comment the same way you did, and I STILL have the same reaction as Alj.

I figure she doesn''t want to go down in size from the stone she got. Yet she wants to go up SEVERAL jumps in clarity.

Unless this woman has her HEAD IN THE SAND, she should know that all things equal, going up in clarity will mean GOING UP IN PRICE. That is UNACCEPTABLE, IMHO.

If she is dumb and doesn''t know, she needs to come to Pricescope ASAP and get a tenth of the education her fiance has.

To the OP, honestly, I get her the worst cut stone within the parameters she wanted and call it a day. Out of curiosity, how old is she? Even though I know some asians can be a PITA about this sort of stuff, she''s giving us a bad name.
38.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just tuned in - can''t possibly read 8 pages - not sure after 8 pages I have anything new to add anyway - can she just trade the stone at GOG for one with clarity she can live with (not vs1) and same size, lower color and be happy so this doesn''t overpower the entire engagement?

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
oh for Pete''s sake!!! What a carry-on!..........from some PS members, not the OP''s situation.
33.gif

OP - sorry you''ve had this ''to-doo'' with your future Mrs, it must really suck after all the planning and the money you spent and you must be hurt, but also, your FI has probably spent her entire life waiting on her perfect proposal and perfect e-ring and what you have given her hasn''t stacked up - in her eyes. Sooooo, it all get''s a bit emotional and a bit irriational, cos when you''re emotional and hurt or should I say disappointed, you have a habit of going over the top and saying things that you''ll later regret.

So you made a wee mistake that''s backfired..........sh!t happens.

Sure your girl wants a Tiffany e-ring, she''s just not really wanted to put you under too much pressure because she knows the cost is high so she isn''t direct in her desire, but she secretly wants you to go out and buy her the Tiffany regardless of the cost and because you went down another route, she was let down that the ring of her dreams and the one she will wear everyday and always, isn''t what she got.

So......you guys have said some things and its maybe taken the shine off the whole process but you''d rather get it sorted out now than have it bubble and fester for a long time.....but you''re going to fix it, which is great. You''ll be happy and she''ll be happy.

Ask her what she wants and see if its feasible, if its not, then compromise.

I hope it works out for you both and once you''ve got it all done and dusted, come back with handshots for us all.

po
x

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 3:40:22 PM
Author: Po10472
oh for Pete''s sake!!! What a carry-on!..........from some PS members, not the OP''s situation.
33.gif

Ask her what she wants and see if its feasible, if its not, then compromise.

I hope it works out for you both and once you''ve got it all done and dusted, come back with handshots for us all.

po
x
Po, just wondering if you read the entire thread. After she said he "cheaped out" the first time, he has tried to see what she wants. The last couple of stones he suggested she said were "too small"
20.gif

Apparently this "lady" isn''t focused on compromise. She''s focused on what SHE has decided that she DESERVES and MUST HAVE, or else the OP falls short (which she has no problem pointing out to him).
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results