color
clarity

Shades of green...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2010 1:56:30 PM
Author: Hest88
Chrono, where are did you get those jade earrings from? All my jade is so...traditional...I just love that design!
Hest,
You aren’t going to believe this but my Aunt helped me get them back in Asia. I told her I wanted only untreated jadeite so she brought 2 pairs of earrings from her jeweller and let me choose one. I selected this pair because it had better colour even though the other pair was larger. I do agree that most jadeite jewellery in Asia look very "traditional".
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2010 2:06:09 PM
Author: IndyLady
Chrono, your jade earrings are beautiful! Do you have more jade pieces? I have a simple pendant which I love and wear often, but I''ve been on the lookout for another piece.
Indy,
Thank you! I have 2 green jadeite bangles (one rounded and one flat bottomed) and a carved pendant. Unfortunately, I’ve never taken pictures of them. I hope to get a few more pieces when I go home again since it’s incredibly difficult to get a decent selection in the US.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Chrono, those earrings are fabulous. Love the color!

I wish jadeite was more popular here in the US market.
7.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a "moss on snow" jadeite bangle, which I bought mostly for the pale pale nearly white main color. I thought the pattern was very artistic and modern. :)
jadeitebangle.JPG

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty, MTG! I love how translucent jade glows!

Do you have to be very careful with a jade bangle for everyday wear?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2010 8:49:45 PM
Author: Honey228
Very pretty, MTG! I love how translucent jade glows!

Do you have to be very careful with a jade bangle for everyday wear?

Not really, many asian women traditionally wear them everyday for years. I''ve had aunts bang it into things, fall on it, even drop it on occasion, and so far not a scratch. My bangle is fairly thick though (as are theirs), but if you had a more slender one then I''m sure you''d have to take more care with it. I believe jade is actually harder than steel on the Mohs scale, and in a relatively thick bangle form, it doesn''t seem particularly brittle nor does it have facet or girdle edges that would be easily chipped.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG,
I love the icy white translucent and transparent type of jade; lovely bangle!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We should start a jade thread. There seems to be many PS''ers that own some.
31.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few greenies; tsavs from Barry

tsav-set_006-02.jpg

demantoids from multicolour

-DSCN0552.JPG

I''ve been wanting a nice peridot for a while now. Still can''t find one that sings to me, is affordable, and that isn''t already spoken for. Hopefully I can add one of those soon enough.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Heres my only green stone, I am too lazy to take a pic of the tsav on its own so please ignore the spinel!
2.gif

greencab.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2010 11:31:38 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Aww thank you Stone Hunter! The blue stone in the first pic is my BB aqua - it''s in the Blue thread as well. I have it set into a LOGR baguette setting
1.gif
It''s a very very nice Aqua! TFS!!
9.gif

Fiaind

Rough_Rock
I don't have much set in the way of green, but thought I'd offer a shot of both my and my husband's wedding bands.

eta: And of course I forgot to mention what they were. Natural emeralds, unsure of origin.

weddingringsmall.jpg

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Yum! These are all lovely! I love green gems.
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2010 6:14:25 PM
Author: Fiaind
I don''t have much set in the way of green, but thought I''d offer a shot of both my and my husband''s wedding bands.

eta: And of course I forgot to mention what they were. Natural emeralds, unsure of origin.
They look Brazilian.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2010 3:03:12 PM
Author: megeve
Heres my only green stone, I am too lazy to take a pic of the tsav on its own so please ignore the spinel!
2.gif
Easier said than done!!
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a hilarious photo. My three Columbian emeralds, the darkest one is the most vivid, but the camera doesn't capture the green well at all. Just to show you how bad my cameral is at capturing green, next to them is a dark forest green tsavorite with an olive cast (guess which stone is the tsavorite - pretty easy). I purchased that stone many many years ago (probably around 14 years ago), and it is not a fine green. However, the emeralds make it look like the ugliest green imaginable. Even Kermit the frog would be embarassed. I guess it's not easy being green.

TLgreenstones.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2010 8:50:40 AM
Author: Chrono

Date: 2/14/2010 2:06:09 PM
Author: IndyLady
Chrono, your jade earrings are beautiful! Do you have more jade pieces? I have a simple pendant which I love and wear often, but I''ve been on the lookout for another piece.
Indy,
Thank you! I have 2 green jadeite bangles (one rounded and one flat bottomed) and a carved pendant. Unfortunately, I’ve never taken pictures of them. I hope to get a few more pieces when I go home again since it’s incredibly difficult to get a decent selection in the US.
How much does imperial jade cost these days? I saw a pendant with a piece of carved imperial jade and several RB diamonds, 0.3 ct each, and the owner told me it was 85,000.00. I hope he meant 8500.00 - he is a foreigner - but could it be 85 K? I mean, it looked incredible but are prices for it that delusional?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on the size of the piece, the evenness of colour, the translucency, the (lack of) treatment, and etc.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,
The satiny appearance of your emeralds is gorgeous and I can almost feel it.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! It''s hard to comment on one item here because there are so many nice grees in this post. I''m loving all the green tourmalines and tsavorites! And the jadeite earrings are so pretty!.

I have a sad story about a lost jadeite ring. I wore it to a friends house ( it was loose on my finger) and couldn''t find it when I left. At that time her sister who was also living there on and off had a serious drug problem. I have a weird feeling she may have found it. She''s sober now and a drug counselor but I''m too embarrassed to ask her and it would be long gone anyway..... oh well. I know she pawned a lot of her own jewelry at the time though.

I only have one green stone but I''ll try and post it here later.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my greens:

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=469

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 3:52:17 PM
Author: Harriet
One of my greens:

30.gif
thats hot!!

-A

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 3:52:17 PM
Author: Harriet
One of my greens:

just stunning harriet
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I''d like a full set. Uh oh.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 12:01:18 PM
Author: Chrono
TL,
The satiny appearance of your emeralds is gorgeous and I can almost feel it.
Thanks Chrono. What is strange is that my camera brings out the blue in the emeralds, and the yellow and grey in my tsavorite. The emeralds almost look more blue than green here, and they're not. The tsavorite is not this olive/brown/yellow either. Even on my other tsavorite, I have a very difficult time capturing the blue in that stone, even though it's there. I wonder if the luster of the stones causes my digital sensor issues with capturing the yellow and blue components of green. Oh well.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
TL, I love your emeralds! What I wouldn't do for a CS PS'er GTG so I could see him in person.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
God after people have posted their stuff...

DSC00493.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But here is the problem with these earrings

DSC00495.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They practically cost me nothing because the place was going out of business. Round tsavorites, 0.5 mm each, green-blue color IRL. Unfortunately, the hapless jeweler set them in WG huggies with stones dangling from them. I need to make something out of them since they are not bad at all but have no idea. I do not want earring, maybe a ring with a square central stone and two tsavos flanking it. What do you think? Or leave them as they are and not bother?

DSC00497.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results