shape
carat
color
clarity

Shades of green...

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
and finally, a chrome tourmaline that I bought in a small jewelry shop second hand. It''s not the best quality stone as it has a rather visible inclusion, but I just adored the setting, and had to buy it for fun wear.

chrometourmalinesecondhand.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW I just love everyone''s green gemstones!!

I really like the Peridot color and have a pair of earrings with Peridot in them. Pre PS and no photos. I''d love a ring to match but haven''t found the right stone.

I really like the small Dematoid and MTG''s TSAV too. And the Cabs...well everything posted is lovely.

Green may be my next stone...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 1.5 ct green grey diamond.

TLgreengreydiamondcool2.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gorgeous greens everyone!!! Here are my greenies........

cmsgreens.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2010 11:54:32 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Date: 2/10/2010 10:55:46 AM

Author: icekid

MTG- Pretty sure I''ve seen that mint garnet in person and it had lots of extinction. I have photos, if you are interested.

Was it about 1.8 ct? That''s too bad, the color in the photo looks so charming. I''d love to see the other photos of it if you have them.

So as not to threadjack, could you share photos if you have them in my other thread?
link

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 3:43:15 PM
Date: 2/10/2010 11:54:32 AM

Date: 2/10/2010 10:55:46 AM

Author: icekid

MTG- Pretty sure I''ve seen that mint garnet in person and it had lots of extinction. I have photos, if you are interested.

Was it about 1.8 ct? That''s too bad, the color in the photo looks so charming. I''d love to see the other photos of it if you have them.

So as not to threadjack, could you share photos if you have them in my other thread?

link

done!
1.gif
Hope they help with your decision.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty greens everyone!
30.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pics. I''ve been eying up green gems lately.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am getting green with envy looking at all the greenies. Unfortunately, I left my stick at work, so I can''t post any pictures until tomorrow.
39.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2010 9:38:01 PM
Author: Chrono
I am getting green with envy looking at all the greenies. Unfortunately, I left my stick at work, so I can''t post any pictures until tomorrow.
39.gif
Just admit it, you lust after my green diamond
32.gif
and LD lusts after that rose gold halo. LOL!
2.gif
11.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well, I for one lust after the green diamond AND the rose gold. And both of them together especially!

Catmom, are those tsavorites and peridots?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2010 10:56:00 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Well, I for one lust after the green diamond AND the rose gold. And both of them together especially!

Catmom, are those tsavorites and peridots?

Yes they are.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The poor tsavorite is still unset but I do have plans for it; I just need to find the right material or think up a new design to go forward with it.

ChronoSwalatsav.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A hand shot.

chronohandtsav.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could not capture the blue in this stone that well, but this is the best I could do.

I threw it in an LOGR Legacy I had laying around because it was so pretty, and I wanted instant gratification looking at my hand. Therefore, don't wince when you see an oval stone in a cushion setting.
emembarrassed.gif
Picture taken in indirect sunlight.

2.1 carat tsavorite

TLtsavlegacy.JPG

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I just have to say everyone''s pieces are amazing and I''m totally loving this thread.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
This is my mom''s emerald and diamond yg ring. The stones were her mom''s and we''re unsure of any treatments, but it''s def not synth. It''s a really rich green, but it doesn''t photograph well :/

phpna26wePM.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2010 9:21:38 PM
Author: kayla.tastikk
This is my mom's emerald and diamond yg ring. The stones were her mom's and we're unsure of any treatments, but it's def not synth. It's a really rich green, but it doesn't photograph well :/
36.gif
Yay an emerald
36.gif
How pretty!!

I hear your pain about photographing them. My emerald is the hardest stone I've ever photographed. It's like taking a picture of a Mercedes, and the photo turns out to be that of a Yugo.
emcrook.gif
As difficult as my tsavorite is to photograph, my emerald is 100x more difficult. I give up with that thing. Y'all have to use your imagination.
emrainbow.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chron''s TSAV is just lovely. It does look lighter than the other Tsavs posted. Is that true or an illusion?

So many shades of green. Cat Mom how would you describe the peridot''s you have...Spring Green, Grass Green?

Dematoids were described as Neon Green.

I''m having trouble deciding between a Peridot and a Tourmaline...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2010 10:32:01 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Chron''s TSAV is just lovely. It does look lighter than the other Tsavs posted. Is that true or an illusion?

So many shades of green. Cat Mom how would you describe the peridot''s you have...Spring Green, Grass Green?

SH, I think I''d call them more of a leaf green.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think Chrono purposely decided to look for a medium to medium light toned tsavorite, even though medium dark is the preferred trade color. Regardless, it is still a beautiful top class stone.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 9:25:29 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 2/11/2010 9:21:38 PM

Author: kayla.tastikk

This is my mom''s emerald and diamond yg ring. The stones were her mom''s and we''re unsure of any treatments, but it''s def not synth. It''s a really rich green, but it doesn''t photograph well :/

36.gif
Yay an emerald
36.gif
How pretty!!

I hear your pain about photographing them. My emerald is the hardest stone I''ve ever photographed. It''s like taking a picture of a Mercedes, and the photo turns out to be that of a Yugo.
emcrook.gif
As difficult as my tsavorite is to photograph, my emerald is 100x more difficult. I give up with that thing. Y''all have to use your imagination.
emrainbow.gif

I''ve tried everything, except natural light, but it just snowed a ton here (yes, 4 inches in Dallas is a ton lol) so I''m gonna try and do some tomorrow!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I love this thread - so many pretties!

Here is my BB supernova oval tourmaline:

original.aspx

My GB blue-green tourmaline:

original.aspx

original.aspx

My BB green tourmaline in a Sally Lotus:

original.aspx

original.aspx

My JW blue-green tourmaline:

original.aspx

PC210079.jpg

My BB green tourmaline:

original.aspx

And finally, the BB green tourm/LOGR ring I had made for my mom''s friend:

PC170006.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2010 11:25:33 PM

Chron's TSAV is just lovely. It does look lighter than the other Tsavs posted. Is that true or an illusion?

So many shades of green. Cat Mom how would you describe the peridot's you have...Spring Green, Grass Green?

I'm having trouble deciding between a Peridot and a Tourmaline...
I think Chrono purposely decided to look for a medium to medium light toned tsavorite, even though medium dark is the preferred trade color. Regardless, it is still a beautiful top class stone.
Oh I wasn't questioning the stone's beauty!! I actually prefer it's color, I just wanted to be sure what I was seeing wasn't an illusion or due to lighting.

ETA: BEG your collection is just drool worthy. What is that blue stone in your first picture? Is it the Tourm you show later on?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone Hunter,
I missed your question among all the lovely greens. Yes, I purposely choose a medium light/medium toned, slightly bluish green gossular garnet aka tsavorite instead of the trade preferred medium dark toned tsavorite. Initially, I was very concerned about going against the grain, so to speak, but after speaking to a few well known gemologists in the trade, I was assured that only colour matters, not trade names. As long as the saturation is good, the price commensurate, and that I love it, it is all that matters.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is my green tsavorite cabochon from Dana at Mastercutgems. The moment I saw it I wanted it in a pendant, and it is being set now. These photos are also in the "imperfections" thread. Thanks to Chrono who suggested I post them in the "green" thread as well.
35.gif

TsavCollageMCG.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 8:19:49 AM
Date: 2/11/2010 11:25:33 PM

Oh I wasn''t questioning the stone''s beauty!! I actually prefer it''s color, I just wanted to be sure what I was seeing wasn''t an illusion or due to lighting.

ETA: BEG your collection is just drool worthy. What is that blue stone in your first picture? Is it the Tourm you show later on?

Aww thank you Stone Hunter! The blue stone in the first pic is my BB aqua - it''s in the Blue thread as well. I have it set into a LOGR baguette setting
1.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2010 9:33:52 AM
Author: Kismet
Here are my green rings. From left to right (top to bottom) they''re peridot/pink tourmaline, demantoid, chrysoberyl, demantoid/diamonds, tsavorites.

kiz-greenrings.jpg
Love your demantoids! Do you mind sharing who made settings for the tsavorites, if it is an online jeweller? I have 2 small (4.5 mm each) tsavorites in earrings which are badly set; tried to make something out of them and ran out of ideas.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl, I absolutely love your tsavorite cabochon, it''s luscious enough to eat! I can''t wait to see it set.
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s some more greenies I almost forgot about!
9.gif
both are prasiolite.

cmsprasiolite002.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results