shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for an AVR...poll

Which setting would you choose for an AVR?

• The classic Vatche Tiffany so multiple wedding bands would work, including the Victor Canera french

Votes: 38 43.7%
  • The Van Craeynest setting because it is perfect with an old style cut stone.

Votes: 49 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
So what are your thoughts? ::)

Ditto, btw, on your band looking way better than the matching one!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curious what you're thinking too! Love the idea to turn photos B/W so we can imagine white metal better. I had another crazy thought while looking at the pix -- the size stone you have seems to cover some of the detail on the top view of the ring. The vertical bars set with small stones. So you only see the kind of semi-circle/pave detail from the top view.

Have you ever thought of setting your new antique style stone in the STYLE THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED? With half moon sidestones?
Of your two choices I do think I like the VC better still. But the photos reminded me of *the other ring* and got my imagination fired up. Just thinking out loud! (on web, whatevs ...)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tgal and deco... I am thinking that it is a gorgeous setting for an AVR!

Deco....I have a total mental block about "the style that cannot be named"! Lol! I am very curious, though!!! The only downside to that idea is that I just bought a beautiful Beaudry setting with half moon sides that takes an oval center and I will get a colored stone for that. Help me out on what you are talking about!

ETA: I GOT IT! Nevermind! I will think on that deco! Very good idea!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH, I GOT IT NOW!!!! :lol: Let me go look at the pictures that are not allowed to be posted!!!

That would really be gorgeous, deco. I will have to think on that. I am not in a rush to decide since I may have a couple of weeks before making the diamond decision.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, DS, are the VC rings like you remembered? Has having them in person helped solidify a direction?

Gypsy, did you mean to link the BG ring that you did? It's just so modern/space like to me..

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1347468603|3266838 said:
Tgal and deco... I am thinking that it is a gorgeous setting for an AVR!

Deco....I have a total mental block about "the style that cannot be named"! Lol! I am very curious, though!!! The only downside to that idea is that I just bought a beautiful Beaudry setting with half moon sides that takes an oval center and I will get a colored stone for that. Help me out on what you are talking about!

ETA: I GOT IT! Nevermind! I will think on that deco! Very good idea!

Weyell, I normally do love Gypsy's taste. However when I think of settings for OECs, I think vintage, romantic, ornate, etc.

When I see that setting, I think...heavy artillery. :sick:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw, I think that because it reminds me of looking down a barrel of a revolver, with the diamonds being the bullet heads...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo|1347468913|3266845 said:
So, DS, are the VC rings like you remembered? Has having them in person helped solidify a direction?

Gypsy, did you mean to link the BG ring that you did? It's just so modern/space like to me..

Yes, it really is gorgeous!! But deco brought up a beautiful option, too. Do you know what she means?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1347469082|3266849 said:
btw, I think that because it reminds me of looking down a barrel of a revolver, with the diamonds being the bullet heads...

Lol! To be honest, that ring did not seem to be Gypsy's normal style to me! Let's just say that I think there are many, many choices that would be prettier!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1347469312|3266852 said:
mrssalvo|1347468913|3266845 said:

Yes, it really is gorgeous!! But deco brought up a beautiful option, too. Do you know what she means?

Yes, I believe I know what she means. That would definitely be a strong contender b/c that has always been one of my favorite PS rings...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg roflmao. i can't type much right now but hehehehe... yes, that is the right setting from sholdt. will post more later ... maybe new thread so as to not threadjack.

diamondseeker... you said it's perfect for an avr... but we knew that.

question was... is it perfect for you?

love it w/ the band you own though.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

ha, what a visual! It reminds me of my 5th graders science class and the study of the planets :wacko:

ETA: no offense gypsy, it's just not your usual style... :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't voted yet because I'm having trouble deciding lol - please, don't throw rotten tomatoes at me for saying this - but I think I'm feeling that the VC in combination with your band is just a little bit...busy? I don't know, I just feel there's a lot going on and the beauty of the VC setting is getting lost in the shuffle a bit. Maybe it's just that these days I really like the look of a solitaire and eternity band paired together. Just my 2 cents, if my opinion is worth even that. :cheeky: It is certainly a gorgeous setting! Anything you decide will be very pretty for sure.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo|1347469604|3266859 said:
ETA: no offense gypsy, it's just not your usual style... :))

none taken by any of the comments, promise.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1347470276|3266871 said:
Here's a ring *similar* to the one I'm thinking of. http://www.erictrabert.com/index.php?page=item&style=E457 But the VCray is also super appealing for different reason. Hard to say which I'd go for under the circumstances but it would be a DELIGHTFUL quandry to have! :loopy:

Yes, I'd have to say I would love those equally. They are just two totally different rings. I like the ring that cannot be named (RTCBN) more than the one in that link. My biggest concern would be that the RTCBN will cost too much more than the VC due to the diamonds.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS I agree with June, I really love the VCray but not so much paired with your legacy! I feel its too busy. I would like the VCray with its matching band without diamonds, because the double milgrain edge would I think look really nice *for me*.

I also notice how much hand presence the VCray adds!

Beyond those two impressions I can't say much else because without seeing it in person I'm sure most/much of the overall impression is lost.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1347471234|3266887 said:
decodelighted|1347470276|3266871 said:
Here's a ring *similar* to the one I'm thinking of. http://www.erictrabert.com/index.php?page=item&style=E457 But the VCray is also super appealing for different reason. Hard to say which I'd go for under the circumstances but it would be a DELIGHTFUL quandry to have! :loopy:

Yes, I'd have to say I would love those equally. They are just two totally different rings. I like the ring that cannot be named (RTCBN) more than the one in that link. My biggest concern would be that the RTCBN will cost too much more than the VC due to the diamonds.

And in my humble opinion, after seeing many of the amazing rings over the last year or two with old cuts in them, I think the RTCBN is quite overrated. Not to say it isn't a beautiful ring...my Amelia ring is also half moon with bullets. It's a great look, but it's not the be all, end all.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1347473816|3266917 said:
And in my humble opinion, after seeing many of the amazing rings over the last year or two with old cuts in them, I think the RTCBN is quite overrated. Not to say it isn't a beautiful ring...my Amelia ring is also half moon with bullets. It's a great look, but it's not the be all, end all.

+1

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1347474354|3266927 said:
TravelingGal|1347473816|3266917 said:

+1

Good. I was sort of afraid of the price anyway.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1347473668|3266916 said:
DS I agree with June, I really love the VCray but not so much paired with your legacy! I feel its too busy. I would like the VCray with its matching band without diamonds, because the double milgrain edge would I think look really nice *for me*.

I also notice how much hand presence the VCray adds!

Beyond those two impressions I can't say much else because without seeing it in person I'm sure most/much of the overall impression is lost.

June and Dreamer...I get what you are saying. The downside is that I already own the Tiffany band which wasn't cheap when I got it. So it is a big plus for me to be able to wear it with whatever ring I get.

Dreamer, I wish they made an exact matching band like the e-ring..same width...because I can see the center ridge and a little of the scroll work. I would love that, too! He just said the other band is more knife edge and too thin. I am sure they probably have a band that would work, but I really need to try and use the Legacy band if I can.

I am open to options. I am not deciding definitely until I get the diamond!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I get it! :bigsmile: I've been sitting here for 20 mins! :???: It was before my time but I know exactly which ring your referring to! and YES! I think it should be a contender, but I do love love love the VC with your band! :love: Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crazy idea, but if you get the VC and decide you think it's too much with teh Legacy, would you maybe be able to ask Tiffany if they can polish off the milgrain for you?

Also, in pictures milgrain is much more prominent than in real life in my experience. Migrain that bugs me on PS rarely bothers me as much in person.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, hmm, I think I'm with Junebug and Dreamer. It's a very pretty look but there is a lot of 'stuff' going on. I think I prefer a cleaner look. However, it is definitely beautiful and sparkly!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Christina...|1347480009|3266988 said:
I get it! :bigsmile: I've been sitting here for 20 mins! :???: It was before my time but I know exactly which ring your referring to! and YES! I think it should be a contender, but I do love love love the VC with your band! :love: Can't wait to hear your thoughts!
Haha, I was scratching my head for a few minutes too!

I absolutely adore that design, it would look amazing with an AVR. :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1347480548|3266995 said:
Crazy idea, but if you get the VC and decide you think it's too much with teh Legacy, would you maybe be able to ask Tiffany if they can polish off the milgrain for you?

Also, in pictures milgrain is much more prominent than in real life in my experience. Migrain that bugs me on PS rarely bothers me as much in person.

Polish off the milgrain!!!!!???? :o :o :o :o Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :bigsmile:

I adore that little band..and the milgrain is tiny and well done. I couldn't do that!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really appreciate everyone's comments! I feel really conflicted at the moment, though! :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results