shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for an AVR...poll

Which setting would you choose for an AVR?

• The classic Vatche Tiffany so multiple wedding bands would work, including the Victor Canera french

Votes: 38 43.7%
  • The Van Craeynest setting because it is perfect with an old style cut stone.

Votes: 49 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Contd.

One detail I neglected is the 917 width, it's about 2.3mm -- so in the same neck of the woods as your legacy band. Overall I think the legacy is probably a winner with this ring, and I definitely think the matching band, while preeminently harmonious, is a little bit stiff, square or boxy overall (sitting together anyway). This is how it rolls on my finger rolls anyway! :razz:

Right, more pics anon :)

484andsmallmatcher1.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um.... TOTALLY changing my vote to the VC setting!! I confess - I've been completely swayed by the magic of Aeolianarpa's examples - beautiful!

:appl: Looks incredible with a variety of bands. I'm sold! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, this was very helpful, Aeol!!!! :appl: You know, I do think my Legacy band will work now that I have seen these! That Ritani band was a little thinner than mine, so I think the 2mm Legacy (I think it is even 2.2) would even work better as far as width goes. And I really agree that I am not sure that I would like the matching one as well.

It is good to know that your stone is 7.5mm. That size really would be fine with me if they'd just get one with all the specs I want! Your stone looks more round in these pictures than in some I saw before. I think sometimes when pictures are resized and posted, they can turn out a little distorted. All that is to say that these were very, very helpful!

Gypsy asked me if they's send me a ring to try on, and I did email Paul and ask. He said to call him in the morning and he'd be glad to arrange it! So I may be able to try it myself with the Legacy band! I'll post, of course, if I do!

Thank you, thank you for being such a helpful friend (aka enabler)! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1347321488|3265625 said:
Um.... TOTALLY changing my vote to the VC setting!! I confess - I've been completely swayed by the magic of Aeolianarpa's examples - beautiful!

:bigsmile: Yes, some real pictures are very helpful! Mine will probably have a more simple 4 prong head, but the rest of the ring will be the same.

You're always so supportive, Enerchi! Thanks!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006 said:
Enerchi|1347321488|3265625 said:

:bigsmile: Yes, some real pictures are very helpful! Mine will probably have a more simple 4 prong head, but the rest of the ring will be the same.

You're always so supportive, Enerchi! Thanks!

Lol!! I guess just seeing it for myself (via the ever lovely helpful fingers of Aeolianarpa!) just totally swayed the jury here!! STUNNING! yup, that's the direction I'd take if that were me. BEAUTIFUL! and if you do manage to keep your other diamond/vatche setting you will have the option of switching things up....

Ok, hope Jon gets the perfect AVR for you, because now I'm totally jonesin' to see this finished! 8-) :sun:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those pics were awesome. I love it that setting. I admit it. And it's clearly more flexible than I would have thought. Hmm. Definitely food for thought.

I will change my vote AFTER DS gets in the Van Craynest on memo AND she has lived with it for 24 hours AND comes back and says she's secure in her decision to go for it. :devil:

I, incidentally, have fallen head over heels for this beauty: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/pave-and-side-stones/cora-sholdt-palladium-5767pa And even though I said I would not want a RHR with a round halo, this baby stole my heart. Now, fingers crossed by current job (which is a great job) goes permanent and I can afford her, and the OEC to grace her.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will help me a LOT to have the ring here to compare with my current ring and to try with my current bands. I do think I will either be 100% sure or else I won't do it! I just hope it comes this week!

That's a very pretty and orginal Sholdt ring from BG, Gypsy! It is fun to have something special on the wishlist!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those new photos are AWESOME! And from it I feel very confident your legacy will look spectacular. If not I really really love the no-diamond version of the matching wb that cookie posted. So special.

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
No problemo DS, any time -- it's nice to be able to even try to reciprocate the comprehensive help you give to others! :appl:

It would be the bee's knees to get the 484 back on your hand, excellent move -- if you need any more confirmation after that, (i.e. if they can't send the right size/shape or close enough for you to feel 100% about it) I can still do the pics. I believe your impression to be right in any case, the Legacy will most likely do very nicely. :naughty:

Enerchi, hehe, I've been pretty much jonesin' it with DS's VC plan for literally years!

Glad the pics illuminated something Gypsy and Dreamer, and now it's only a pity that Emerson-VC want to scrap the best execution methods. :nono:

Okay, I await further instructions. :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, getting this ring to try on with all of your things is just fantastic! Nothing like on the hand to really cement a decision.

These pictures are wonderful though and I too thought upon seeing the Ritani band that the Legacy should work as well!

Between the pictures and the ring itself, you couldn't have asked for a better way to solve this puzzle - very excited for you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1347306362|3265434 said:
Great pictures - I do like that setting with a MRB as well though! I'm not crazy about the wedding band - the shape of it is not nearly as appealing as the ering is.

Do you have any idea of the timeline for GOG getting in another AVR for you to see? It would be great to have the mounting and an AVR to sit in it to see exactly what it would look like before you made the commitment!

I think I totally missed a couple of posts yesterday when I saw Aeol's pictures posted! Sorry!

I don't know exactly when the other AVR is coming except Jon said September. I am going to email him today! I do have a regular cz I can plop in it, though!

Yes, all of this does help me be sure I am making the right decision!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cookie|1347311418|3265512 said:
The matching Van Craeynest wedding band actually has two different versions -- one of them has diamonds across the top (like in DS' picture), and the other doesn't have any diamonds. DS, you probably have already known the difference, but I am posting the comparison pictures just in case!

vc_484_2.png
vc_484_1.png

Dreamer and Cookie, I missed your posts, too. I am not sure how that happened. That is funny Dreamer thought of the exact kind of ring that VC makes to go with the e-ring!

I agree that the non-diamond band might be a good option! I, of course, was aware of it but just hadn't given it much thought. I will ask if they have one of those made up to send with the e-ring. Even if the Legacy band works, I might like to have a VC band of some kind.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1347332470|3265738 said:
Those new photos are AWESOME! And from it I feel very confident your legacy will look spectacular. If not I really really love the no-diamond version of the matching wb that cookie posted. So special.

Thanks, Dreamer! I am going to ask to see the no-diamond band! I agree that it might work better than the matching diamond band. I am glad you mentioned that!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aeolianarpa|1347337040|3265783 said:
No problemo DS, any time -- it's nice to be able to even try to reciprocate the comprehensive help you give to others! :appl:

It would be the bee's knees to get the 484 back on your hand, excellent move -- if you need any more confirmation after that, (i.e. if they can't send the right size/shape or close enough for you to feel 100% about it) I can still do the pics. I believe your impression to be right in any case, the Legacy will most likely do very nicely. :naughty:

Enerchi, hehe, I've been pretty much jonesin' it with DS's VC plan for literally years!

Glad the pics illuminated something Gypsy and Dreamer, and now it's only a pity that Emerson-VC want to scrap the best execution methods. :nono:

Okay, I await further instructions. :)

Yes, I have been talking about that ring for like 5 years! I would get a price quote about once a year, too! Once I saw your transitional and edl's cushion in the setting, I felt like I'd rather put and old style cut in the stone. So I am really glad I waited until now to do it. You are the VC queen for sure, and I have just enjoyed seeing all your aquisitions until I could get mine! :bigsmile:

I'll let you know if my plan falls through, but I am hoping they have a platinum or wg one to send me!

(Yes, I am getting mine now because I want it die struck. I am guessing they may still do it in the future for those few of us who know the difference, though. Most people going to buy a ring in a jewlery store would not even think about that.)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I really like the first band that Aeolianarpa posted, as well as the thin diamond Ritani band. So I think your Legacy will look gorgeous with the VC. I also like the non-diamond matching band so that one gets my vote if you do plan to buy one of their bands.

How exciting! Can't wait to see pics once you receive the samples to try on :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What ever you choose will be devine!! Can't wait to see the outcome!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks stargurl and Sharon!

My samples are on the way! They only have a sample of the e-ring in yellow gold, but it will allow me to see how it looks with the band. He is sending the diamond matching band for me to try on. Paul said he honestly did not recommend the plain band because from the top you pretty much only see the ridge and not the swirl carved sides. He said it is thin, too. So I completely trust Paul's judgement on that! I got to speak with Larry for a few minutes as well, and that is always a pleasure, too!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re the plain wb: but you don't see a wb when worn from the TOP, you see it from an angle and the side view is evident :halo:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm all about the setting. It makes the entire thing go from a rockin' rock to a rockin' RING.

So I vote VC. I don't regret for a minute my more "ornate" 3 stone ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, I know, but he just said he thought it was too thin to look right with the e-ring. I am counting on my band working anyway, so that is why I didn't worry about it too much.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1347390913|3266126 said:
I'm all about the setting. It makes the entire thing go from a rockin' rock to a rockin' RING.

So I vote VC. I don't regret for a minute my more "ornate" 3 stone ring.

I adore your setting and the similar solitaire that jjc had! In fact, jjc's setting was high on my possibility list! I am glad you are still happy with your setting!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I am sooo late to this party but I do have two words....VAN CRAEYNEST!!! 100% no question! :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1347411565|3266469 said:
I am sooo late to this party but I do have two words....VAN CRAEYNEST!!! 100% no question! :love: :love:

It's been too quiet around here while you were gone, Christina! :)) Glad you're back and thanks for your vote!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Paul said he honestly did not recommend the plain band

I have gone through Paul Emerson with a small VC ring, that should be ready soon, and I really appreciated the way he wasn't afraid to let you know what his opinion was to do with it. Ultimately the decisions are yours but I found the guidance helpful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Polished|1347425565|3266597 said:
Paul said he honestly did not recommend the plain band

I have gone through Paul Emerson with a small VC ring, that should be ready soon, and I really appreciated the way he wasn't afraid to let you know what his opinion was to do with it. Ultimately the decisions are yours but I found the guidance helpful.

Paul is not just any jeweler. They make pieces fit for royalty. I wish I could visit his store and the VC factory! After talking with him, I just trusted his judgement since I think he has exquisite taste. So I agree with you that his advice is very helpful! And....I will look forward to seeing your ring, Polished!!!

My samples should be here in the next hour and a half!!!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I just trusted his judgement since I think he has exquisite taste.

Taste, knowledge and charm!

Enjoy your samples, it will be interesting to see what you think.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, the rings are here and I have managed a few pictures and am posting with a baby asleep on my lap!!!

First are some detail shots, but trust me, this is all tiny and delicate in person!

img_0125.jpg

img_0142.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the matching band is a little too much and I actually think my band looks great with it! The cz in the e-ring is around 7mm.

img_0136bw.jpg

img_0131bw.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did the color shots to eliminate the two metal colors of the samples in the post above. Here are a couple in natural color.

img_0133.jpg

img_0147.jpg

img_0146.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results