shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
With the current situation, wedding are one of the few occasions that allow us a glimpse of royal and noble jewels. Such was the case last Saturday when Count Benedikt von Waldburg-Zeil married Countess Elisabeth von Rechberg.

The bride wore a beautiful floral and foliage tiara with some large solitaire diamonds:
1597654096958.png

You can see more pictures, including more angles of the tiara here: The wedding of Count Benedikt von Waldburg-Zeil and Countess Elisabeth von Rechberg.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
That ring again!

Queen-Letizia-Ibiza.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marking the 75th anniversary of WWII surrender

marked the 75th anniversary of WWII surrender.jpg masako-2.jpg

Very dignified. It is so sad to think about the end of World War II. Naturally the Allies rejoiced. The famous picture of the sailor kissing the young woman in Times Square is from this day. It was the end of a horrible war for us.(My father was able to come home, and my uncles.) The Japanese, however, had just lost all the citizens of two cities in nuclear holocausts. How can they ever look at this day as anything except the anniversary of a tragedy?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
^^

Very dignified and sombre indeed. The Japanese always know how to show respect during these war anniversaries without all the military pomp we see here in Europe (VE day, for example).
I guess that in the last 75 years they have learned how to look at this not as a tragedy, but more as a lesson. A lesson to humanity on what to avoid in the future. Really, we can learn so much from the Japanese...
I guess you meant it as a rhetorical question anyway...

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
2020 European Union Youth Orchestra

European Union Youth Orchestra.jpg princess-beatrix-1.jpg

Last year

2019.jpg

Nice and suitable for the occasion. Princess Beatrix wore 3 of the Melerrio rose brooches that originate with Queen Emma - two as earrings and one as brooch.

And is it just me, or has Beatrix lost a bit of weight? She looks good anyway =)2

1597741955397.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i really love this thread and i don't want to derail it
i have respect for the Emperor and Empress but what about doing something to make amends to the korean comfort woman ?
i don't think Japan have ever acknowledged war quilt the way Germany has
if those bombs hadn't been droped the war would have dragged on and on killing many mamy more on both sides
if it hasn't been for America in the Pacific war who knows what would have happened to my grandmother's generation
it was a very real fear than Japan would invade and enslave
America were very good victors - i honestly doubt it would have been as good for us if Japan had won

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

i really love this thread and i don't want to derail it

i have respect for the Emperor and Empress but what about doing something to make amends to the korean comfort woman ?
i don't think Japan have ever acknowledged war quilt the way Germany has
if those bombs hadn't been droped the war would have dragged on and on killing many mamy more on both sides
if it hasn't been for America in the Pacific war who knows what would have happened to my grandmother's generation
it was a very real fear than Japan would invade and enslave
America were very good victors - i honestly doubt it would have been as good for us if Japan had won

You are quite right. I apologize for making political comments in this thread. I will try to reserve those for Hangout.

Deb

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
It's said that the ring was a present from the young Infantas. It's obviously a sentimental piece to the Queen. (And personally I don't find it that bad)

I don't mean that it's "bad", but am a little bored with it.

is it just me, or has Beatrix lost a bit of weight? She looks good anyway =)2

Maybe or that vertical lace inset did the magic! ;-)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are quite right. I apologize for making political comments in this thread. I will try to reserve those for Hangout.

Deb

oh no Deb
its ok
just the war is always a tricky subject
my grandad who faught in the Pacific was very anti Japanese his entire life and he had good reason but i wish he could have lived to see the Japanese come to our rescue after the Christchurch earthquake and the terrible pain and guilt we all felt when they had their Tsunami a week latter and had to rush home and we couldn't go with them to help them in their hour of need

time does heal old wounds

Nicky

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Love the little pearls on Anne.

The first picture is corals, the last one is pearls. The story goes that George V started the tradition of offering a single pearl to his daughter Mary on special occasions and kept the tradition with Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret of York.
The string of coral beads is a family piece and was previously worn by Elizabeth Ii when still a princess.

From The Royal Collection:
Photograph showing full length informal portrait of HRH Princess Elizabeth of York aged approximately one year, seated in a wooden chair and facing three-quarters right. Mounted photograph The Luton-based photographers Frederick and Hubert Thurston had previously photographed the Duchess of York as a young girl. One portrait from 1902 shows the young Elizabeth Bowes Lyon seated in a high chair, in a pose very similar to that chosen for this photograph. As in other portraits at this time, the Princess is shown wearing her first gift of jewellery - a coral necklace.

1597842341774.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first picture is corals, the last one is pearls. The story goes that George V started the tradition of offering a single pearl to his daughter Mary on special occasions and kept the tradition with Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret of York.
The string of coral beads is a family piece and was previously worn by Elizabeth Ii when still a princess.

From The Royal Collection:
Photograph showing full length informal portrait of HRH Princess Elizabeth of York aged approximately one year, seated in a wooden chair and facing three-quarters right. Mounted photograph The Luton-based photographers Frederick and Hubert Thurston had previously photographed the Duchess of York as a young girl. One portrait from 1902 shows the young Elizabeth Bowes Lyon seated in a high chair, in a pose very similar to that chosen for this photograph. As in other portraits at this time, the Princess is shown wearing her first gift of jewellery - a coral necklace.

1597842341774.png

So that is whence the tradition of the "add a pearl" necklace came. Although I had bought my daughter a cultured pearl necklace when she was little, my mother also made her an "add a pearl" necklace, one pearl at a time.I thought that it became a bit expensive to keep returning to the jeweler to have a new pearl added to the strand with a new knot!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Mette-Marit turned 47 today !

NICE 3-stone!

Crown-Princess-Mette-Marit-Norway.jpg imagew.jpg

2008 Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony

2008 Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony.jpg

Government Pre-Wedding Dinner for Crown Princess Victoria's wedding...love her hairdo!

Government Pre-Wedding Dinner for Crown Princess Victoria.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results