clarity

Royal Jewels

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
In Grenå

in Grenå.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first picture is corals, the last one is pearls. The story goes that George V started the tradition of offering a single pearl to his daughter Mary on special occasions and kept the tradition with Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret of York.
The string of coral beads is a family piece and was previously worn by Elizabeth Ii when still a princess.

From The Royal Collection:
Photograph showing full length informal portrait of HRH Princess Elizabeth of York aged approximately one year, seated in a wooden chair and facing three-quarters right. Mounted photograph The Luton-based photographers Frederick and Hubert Thurston had previously photographed the Duchess of York as a young girl. One portrait from 1902 shows the young Elizabeth Bowes Lyon seated in a high chair, in a pose very similar to that chosen for this photograph. As in other portraits at this time, the Princess is shown wearing her first gift of jewellery - a coral necklace.

1597842341774.png

i wonder if Queen Mary had anything to with it or George V just really liked giving jewlery to the girls in his family

i guess because Charles and Diana only had sons this tradion has died out
or maybe hopefully the Middleton family have their own children's jewlery tradions and we just don't know about it

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
So that is whence the tradition of the "add a pearl" necklace came. Although I had bought my daughter a cultured pearl necklace when she was little, my mother also made her an "add a pearl" necklace, one pearl at a time.I thought that it became a bit expensive to keep returning to the jeweler to have a new pearl added to the strand with a new knot!

That's a nice tradition to have :) I've also thought it's not that practical, having to string the new pearls. Note that Princess Anne's necklace uses a metal chain, so it should've been shortened again and again.

King Alfonso XIII took this a step further and gave Queen Ena two solitaire diamonds for important occasions, like birthdays and anniversaries. She ended up with sautoir of diamond collets that, together with the Fleur-de-Lis tiara, forms the major part of the Joyas de Pasar in the Spanish collection.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Mette-Marit turned 47 today !

NICE 3-stone!

Crown-Princess-Mette-Marit-Norway.jpg imagew.jpg

2008 Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony

2008 Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony.jpg

Government Pre-Wedding Dinner for Crown Princess Victoria's wedding...love her hairdo!

Government Pre-Wedding Dinner for Crown Princess Victoria.jpg

Happy birthday to MM!
That hairdo I still remember from 10 years ago. I thought it was très chic! She also had a great hair moment earlier that year for Daisy's private birthday gala, wearing her... daisy bandeau.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
The first picture is corals, the last one is pearls. The story goes that George V started the tradition of offering a single pearl to his daughter Mary on special occasions and kept the tradition with Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret of York.
The string of coral beads is a family piece and was previously worn by Elizabeth Ii when still a princess.

From The Royal Collection:
Photograph showing full length informal portrait of HRH Princess Elizabeth of York aged approximately one year, seated in a wooden chair and facing three-quarters right. Mounted photograph The Luton-based photographers Frederick and Hubert Thurston had previously photographed the Duchess of York as a young girl. One portrait from 1902 shows the young Elizabeth Bowes Lyon seated in a high chair, in a pose very similar to that chosen for this photograph. As in other portraits at this time, the Princess is shown wearing her first gift of jewellery - a coral necklace.

1597842341774.png
@prince.of.preslav - thanks for the information.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Because we are all craving for tiaras...!

Queen Maud of Norway's Pearl & Diamond Tiara

Queen Maud of Norway's Pearl & Diamond Tiara.jpg

Bhutan's Jade Tiara

Bhutan's Jade Tiara.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A bit OT... Buckingham Palace has published a list of beack books by the Duchess of Cornwall.
I had to giggle when I saw The Queen's Necklace by Dumas. At fist I thought of something like a catalogue of Lilibeth's necklaces, then I say the author.

The book is, of course, based (loosely) on the infamous Affair of the Diamond Necklace (of Queen Marie Antoinette), which led to the downfall of her husband's reign and their eventual executions...

1598012434245.png

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Spotted by locals in Milos

touring island of Milos.jpg

@Daisys and Diamonds - I was thinking the same thing.

My other thought was, ‘I hope this is a photo from last year when Covid-19 wasn’t stalking us all’.

Gosh if not, they really have no fear do they? Or perhaps ignorance is bliss.

I am a bundle of anxiety at the moment as we have the beginnings of an outbreak here in SE Queensland.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds - I was thinking the same thing.

My other thought was, ‘I hope this is a photo from last year when Covid-19 wasn’t stalking us all’.

Gosh if not, they really have no fear do they? Or perhaps ignorance is bliss.

I am a bundle of anxiety at the moment as we have the beginnings of an outbreak here in SE Queensland.

oh s##t no :(2
im really alarmed to hear that
i thought it was just Victoria and NSW

stay safe Queensland

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
releasing rays back into the ocean
im rather liking the layered braclettes Screenshot_20200825-131032.png

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
On a brighter side... My dearest Gloria TnT has out and abut in Salzburg these last hew days. On both occasions she sported a huge golden chain and colourful outfits (the real reason I'm posting this).

1598347173237.png 1598347180245.png

Wow! :D

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
1598347173237.png 1598347180245.png

Classic Pucci on the right? I would wear it shorter JMHO.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
2020 Stockholm Fashion Week Digital Edition, cracking earring!

2020 Stockholm Fashion Week Digital Edition.jpg Crown-Princess-Victoria-in-AVAVAV-short -sleeve-plisse-collar-blouse-2.jpg

Stockholm Junior Water Prize 2020

Stockholm Junior Water Prize 2020.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Because we are all craving for tiaras...!

Queen Maud of Norway's Pearl & Diamond Tiara

Queen Maud of Norway's Pearl & Diamond Tiara.jpg

Bhutan's Jade Tiara

Bhutan's Jade Tiara.jpg

LOVE the tiara of Queen Jetsun!! I think that is the first time I've seen her in a proper tiara!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Wip:sthlm (Work-in-Progress: Stockholm)

crown-princess-victoria-in-tiger-of-sweden-dress-5.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results