carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1641936736983.png 1641936761162.png
our Sophie is visiting Qatar this week with eyesight charity Orbis as part of her role as global ambassador for the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness
thats the deputy PM and minister of foreign affairs
kinda hard to see the earrings

Anybody need a
Kleenex?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
@purplemilkywayy , this might be of interest to you :)

The Danish Court has shared a glimpse of an upcoming exhibition for Crown Princess Mary's 50th birthday. Among the items are the ruby parure and items from the collections of previous Crown Princesses.

The Court tells us that ''Frederik VIII’s queen, Lovisa, made important contributions to the Danish collection of crown jewels. She defined the crown jewels as such and established the Danish Royal Property Trust, which ensures that many magnificent pieces of jewellery remain the property of the Royal House. This includes two characteristic bracelets that Lovisa inherited as crown princess.''

You can read more in the link and enjoy the high-res pics released in connection to the exhibition - https://www.kongernessamling.dk/en/koldinghus/ruby-set-selected-objects/

1641901762813.png

Love these pictures! It is nice to see the separate hair pins CP Mary had made after she reworke the tiara. I just wish they had set up the girandole earrings so we could see the hook that goes over the back of the ear.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A very happy Golden Jubilee to HM The Queen of Denmark!
To mark the day, HM chose two sentimental pieces of jewellery - the ruby horse shoe brooch and diamond daisy brooch, both clear nods to her parents. The Queen also wore a new pair of daisy earrings, perhaps a present to mark the occasion.

God's help, the love of The People, Denmark's strength.

FB_IMG_1642176346851.jpg
b21ab24f-4979-437d-b549-42caa2faef35.jpg

FB_IMG_1642176335005.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
God's help, the love of The People, Denmark's strength.A very happy Golden Jubilee to HM The Queen of Denmark!
To mark the day, HM chose two sentimental pieces of jewellery - the ruby horse shoe brooch and diamond daisy brooch, both clear nods to her parents. The Queen also wore a new pair of daisy earrings, perhaps a present to mark the occasion.

God's help, the love of The People, Denmark's strength.

FB_IMG_1642176346851.jpg
b21ab24f-4979-437d-b549-42caa2faef35.jpg

FB_IMG_1642176335005.jpg
God's help, the love of The People, Denmark's strength indeed !
We love you Daisy
long may you reign

1642229785007.png
At the grave of her parent, with one of her sisters (the one i can't spell)

i can see why our QEII hides away on the 6th Feb

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This forum makes me want to wear brooches! So stylish!

Wear them! I do! I also wear a tiara to school every Monday (see page 500 of this thread) and students get a kick out of it! A little sparkle never hurt anyone!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
1642630703274.png 1642630788529.png Kate and Prince William headed to the Foundling Museum of London on Wednesday morning.Dedicated to the Foundling Hospital, the museum located in Brunswick Square tells the story of children at risk from abandonment. There, they learned more about the care sector and met representatives from across the system.

everdently those earrings are from Accessorize but i have no idea on UK brands so my apoligies if they are fashion earrings and not fine jewlery
im interested to see whats on her fingers
is it the strap of the wee purse or is it multible fine rings ?

edit those earrings cost 13 pound
i dont know where to look for the funny UK pound thingy on my keyboard :lol-2:

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
speaking of Spain
i rather like those earrings -not my usual thing at all
welcoming new ambasadors to Spain
1642631478419.png
from the book of never throw a good outfit out
Queen Sofia wearing the same dress in 1977 in Germany
i wish the photo was better because her jewles look quite spectcaular
i am remembred i have a blouse of my MIL's in the wardrobe, not quite fit for a Queen, but pretty enough for a night out
1642631729647.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1642630703274.png 1642630788529.png

everdently those earrings are from Accessorize but i have no idea on UK brands so my apoligies if they are fashion earrings and not fine jewlery
im interested to see whats on her fingers
is it the strap of the wee purse or is it multible fine rings ?

edit those earrings cost 13 pound
i dont know where to look for the funny UK pound thingy on my keyboard :lol-2:

I believe it was her mask in her hand.

I don't use like to use £ or $ etc. for currencies, and prefer to use 3-letter abbreviations instead to avoid confusions, like GBP, EUR, USD, CAD and HKD.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just because HM is wonderful
and i love lime
i wish i was better at ID-ing all her brooches but ihave to keep some memory cells for Bruce Springsteen
1642631225636.png

Check out the block with the words royal, sartorial and splendour in its name, and head to the section for HM and her jewellery for a list of her brooches by type.

DK ;)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
View attachment 870711
I believe it was her mask in her hand.

I don't use like to use £ or $ etc. for currencies, and prefer to use 3-letter abbreviations instead to avoid confusions, like GBP, EUR, USD, CAD and HKD.

GBP - thank you =)2
i must try to remember this
i have probably wasted hours over the years looking for the F looking thingy:lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out the block with the words royal, sartorial and splendour in its name, and head to the section for HM and her jewellery for a list of her brooches by type.

DK ;)2

i used to go there every day but she's having a rest and been on hiatis for a few years now :(2
but i should go back and just indulge:kiss2:

i do check out the one by 'Ella Kay' every day but im careful to never poach her photos as she has to pay for them

sometimes on my Springsteen forum a UK friend will ask me what HM's brooch is at Christmas, i should probably buy a book if there is one

i want HM to go on forever but i also want to see what brooches Cam will wear
i think she will hold the collection is good stead during her tenure but Kate is the one who can really bring the brooch back into common usage
She could be inventive like some of the Euro royals with how she styles said brooches, like on her belt like Queen Max does
i think perhaps the trouble is Mrs Middleton isnt a brooch wearer
but where there no nice brooches when Kate had that stint as an accesories buyer before her marrage
if she can pull off GBP13 earrings shurly she could take a leaf out of her late dear MIL's book and have a bit of fun with brooches
Did they keep Di's costume jewlery i wonder

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do hope HM will pass on some of her brooches to HRH the Princess Royal, her only daughter, as Anne likes to wear brooches too.

HRHSPC

Rough_Rock
just because HM is wonderful
and i love lime
i wish i was better at ID-ing all her brooches but ihave to keep some memory cells for Bruce Springsteen
1642631225636.png

I can't be certain but it looks like the Vanguard Rose brooach.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

DK ;)2

I do miss OoS. I don't think it's likely she will be coming back considering how long it's been. It is still a great site for drooling over jewels.

Court Jeweller/Ella Kay is fabulous too! There are several jewel devotees who were regulars on both sites. I'm pretty sure Ella Kay has adopted all of the OoS group!=)2

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I can't be certain but it looks like the Vanguard Rose brooach.

That's the one, yes. You can see my post from last summer when the photo was taken below

Elizabeth II made a surprising brooch choice this weekend. HM donned the Vanguard Rose Brooch to present the Windsor Horse Cup.
The brooch entered her collection in 1944 when she launched HMS Vanguard and notably wore it 8 years later on her way back from Kenya after the death of her father George VI.
gettyimages-1328247054-2048x2048~2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
speaking of Spain
1642631478419.png
i am remembred i have a blouse of my MIL's in the wardrobe, not quite fit for a Queen, but pretty enough for a night out
1642631729647.png

Lovely to see Leti give this couture dress a new life, but she should've worn Sofia's emerald earrings to receive the ambassadors.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
speaking of Spain
1642631478419.png
1642631729647.png

I am just not feeling this dress on Q Letizia. She looks best in elegant and streamlined dresses. This one is too fluffy and fussy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am just not feeling this dress on Q Letizia. She looks best in elegant and streamlined dresses. This one is too fluffy and fussy.

i remember the 70's looking like this
its kind of quite restrained compaired to some elements of the 70's
i actually hated flowery floaty things as a kid
but now i really love that top
So i want to snip the dress in two and pair it with black paints and a white shirt

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
hard to see her earrings
happy birthday to HRH
helping out at ST John at an NHS vaccination center
she also got the pin all vacination centre volunteers get
she did the training last year
1642808143660.png

1642808191723.png

the countess is grand president of the St john ambulance in the uK

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results