shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And another new portrait. This time with a huge ice cube and a colourful butterfly*
Mary - Photo book - 003~3.jpg

*what kind of stone would that be?

I would love an Aquamarine that size!!!
CSs are fine that size, not diamonds, don't know why, just do! :lol-2:

DK :kiss2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
And another new portrait. This time with a huge ice cube and a colourful butterfly*
Mary - Photo book - 003~3.jpg

*what kind of stone would that be?

Aqua! And a mammoth of a stone.:love: But, we should not ignore that tourmaline slice/carved butterfly.

HRHSPC

Rough_Rock
I'm curious as to why they don't seem give as many impressive jewelry gifts to the younger members anymore(or, why they're not worn publicly). Q Eliza. received some impressive pieces from her parents and grandparents, either inherited or made for particular occasions.

I have been reading through the most recent posts and wanted to share some of my thoughts. First and foremost, we are all well aware that the BRF is notoriously frugal. Between security, insurance and maintenance of the older, more sparkly, pieces, it is cheaper to keep them in whatever vault or museum the are in. Second, I believe that the younger royals are very cognizant of the economic state of their country and make a concerted effort not to flaunt their wealth. Third, I believe that they are also very aware of their "marketability" and use their positions, and their appearances, to promote British products. Sales for any product used by the royals increase exponentially. Finally, I believe that younger royals are, and will continue to, more of the "let's roll up our sleeves and help" kind of royals.

As for the gifts of the more impressive kind, it is possible that when the Cambridges married, they did receive some impressive pieces or, again due to the economic state of things, they asked that the practice be tempered. Also, unlike Queen Elizabeth and Diana, Catherine was not the heir to, or marrying the heir to, the throne. I was a very different time when Queen Elizabeth came of age and got married, her grandmother still wore a tiara to dinner every night and there were more occasions to bring out the "big guns", as it were.

All that being said, while I admire the Cambridges for being so socially conscious, I would be nice to see them at more tiara worthy events.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
My heart sank when I saw these
kate-middleton-earrings-t.jpg

I wear a tiara once a week with some sparkly earrings and/or necklace while teaching chemistry. Every Monday is "Magnificent Monday" and that little extra sparkler helps me get through the week. I now have two students who have joined me. :D:D:D

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
On the occasion of Crown Princess Mary's upcoming 50th birthday the Danish Royal Court has released new gala portraits of the Crown Prince and Princess:

1643625644515.png
1643625668305.png

Bonus eye candy
1643625684294.png

Absolutely stunning!

I read somewhere there is book coming out too in honour of CP Mary's birthday. It will be in Danish, but I may still order it since I bet there will be good pictures!!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning!

I read somewhere there is book coming out too in honour of CP Mary's birthday. It will be in Danish, but I may still order it since I bet there will be good pictures!!

This one? The pic with the aqua ring is from this book, if I'm not mistaken

A new book has been published to celebrate Crown Princess Mary's upcoming 50th anniversary. The party has been cancelled (sigh), but the cover gives us some sparkle from the ruby tiara and a new (?) pair of earrings.
20220102_014243.jpg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
@HRHSPC : valid point of view, but other PSers and me don't see the need to wear cheap fake jewels when you can choose among many nice real pieces at no cost: we're not talking about tiaras or ultraprecious jewels, we're talking about wearable jewellery which the Duchess already owns.
Simple, elegant, not showing off vs embarassing cheap look royals-olympics-equestrian-event.jpg

Attachments

• 7e93bb5337d621421758f96c3a9ca84f.jpg
    7e93bb5337d621421758f96c3a9ca84f.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 7

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The ruby parure is now on a special exhibition in Koldinhus to celebrate Crown Princess Mary. At the opening today Mary and Princess Benedikte had a lively conversation about the jewels (and I guess other items) where it looks like Mary was explaining about the reshaping of the tiara to fit her head and the other alterations to the parure.

Link to video https://www.billedbladet.dk/video/qsSNyZ6h/KAFUA2FD

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The ruby parure is now on a special exhibition in Koldinhus to celebrate Crown Princess Mary. At the opening today Mary and Princess Benedikte had a lively conversation about the jewels (and I guess other items) where it looks like Mary was explaining about the reshaping of the tiara to fit her head and the other alterations to the parure.

Link to video https://www.billedbladet.dk/video/qsSNyZ6h/KAFUA2FD

Delightful video! One thing that never ceases to amaze me about Mary and Maxima is how well they've taken to their new languages. While I didn't understand a word Mary said, it is delightful to hear her speak Danish and to hear Maxima speak Dutch.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Delightful video! One thing that never ceases to amaze me about Mary and Maxima is how well they've taken to their new languages. While I didn't understand a word Mary said, it is delightful to hear her speak Danish and to hear Maxima speak Dutch.

I don't know how they do it
I read once before CP Mary got married the Danish press got a picture of her car parked in a no parking zone somewhere near the palace because she couldn't read Danish yet

but just look at the really clever people here where English is their 2nd or 3rd language and they articulate so much better than me
i wish it had been compulsory when i was at school to learn another language

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This is a delightful article about QEII and her trip to Texas in 1991. I especially like her comments on Texas in the end!;)2;)2

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
So we were hit by a massive ice storm last night. School is cancelled for the next two days, but I still have to participate in a lot of video meetings.

If I have to do this, I'm going to do it in style.

ice storm.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
So we were hit by a massive ice storm last night. School is cancelled for the next two days, but I still have to participate in a lot of video meetings.

ice storm.jpg

Love, and so regal! :love:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

ice storm.jpg

The ice queen ! (a nice one, mind)

HRHSPC

Rough_Rock

ice storm.jpg

Stunning! She's beautiful!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Queen hosted a reception for the local community at Sandringham House prior to tomorrow's Accession Day. The Nizam of Hyderabad brooches have been with the Queen since her 1947 wedding. FB_IMG_1644085335875.jpg

Doesn't HM look good in that pictute
Today (NZ time) is her accession
anniversary, 70 years as our Queen
It must be a sad day to be reminded of every year

So In happier times
See the then wee princess has some beads on
1644096262780.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results