shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It was announced today that The Duchess of Gloucester has become Patron of the Cathedral Music Trust. In the photos released by TRF we can see HRH wearing Tahitian pearls with the Victorian enameled enhancer and sapphire earrings. We also get a chance to see her sapphire rings:
1643037161026.png
FJ3lHyxXMAY9lFO.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
1643245437271.png
Kate at the mental health text service Shout in London
hoping those earrings are real this time

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
hoping those earrings are real this time
As the wise Kenny says:"People vary",but I think it's ridiculous for someone wealthy and not so young to wear costume jewellery.
Both the Duchess of Cambridge and Queen Maxima own plenty beautiful jewels and they have enough money to even buy new precious items, so I find quite disturbing when they wear obviously fake earrings/necklaces: I think they're trying to convey the idea that they're modest and not that rich, which is obviously not true.
Just my opinion.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Princess Charlene of Monaco in her first social media post of the year
hopefully she is feeling better
and im not sure what kind of bling this is, but im always happy to see HSH wearing any kind of jewlery
1643279821540.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish we could see more of the Duchess of Gloucester as I believe she is another hardworking and unsung hero of the Royal Family.

Kate is fast becoming my second favourite after the Princess Royal.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish we could see more of the Duchess of Gloucester as I believe she is another hardworking and unsung hero of the Royal Family.

Kate is fast becoming my second favourite after the Princess Royal.

Not that i Twitter (but i do google) but HM (or rather someone in her employment) do now tweet about the work of the cousins
Being the older generation the gutter press chose to ignore them unless they can put a sensationalistic negative spin on them

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As the wise Kenny says:"People vary",but I think it's ridiculous for someone wealthy and not so young to wear costume jewellery.
Both the Duchess of Cambridge and Queen Maxima own plenty beautiful jewels and they have enough money to even buy new precious items, so I find quite disturbing when they wear obviously fake earrings/necklaces: I think they're trying to convey the idea that they're modest and not that rich, which is obviously not true.
Just my opinion.

If only we all had access to that royal jewel vault! Maybe Wills should have married a PS’er!
I wonder how convenient and or easy it is for Kate to select baubles to wear. I bet it is a big deal to access, request, obtain and wear even simple pieces. It might be too much of a PIA rather than wear something of your own, a gift from Wills or a relative. I wear pieces of fashion/costume jewelry that go better with an outfit or an occasion than bringing out the bling. Also, I don’t feel the pressure to keep the costume or fashion jewelry I am wearing safe from damage or loss. I would not like to face Queen Elizabeth to explain how I broke, damaged or lost some priceless royal heirloom. That being said, I wouldlike to see more bling worn from the Royal vault..you betcha.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of the royal pieces are probably too grand nowadays except for the very formal state functions, and they are far and between nowadays as they are considered to be wasteful and not good for public money by the younger generations.

Sign of the times I guess, and I doubt we would see the likes of Queen Alexandra and Mary again in their fineries.

Hopefully Queen Max will carry the torch.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of the royal pieces are probably too grand nowadays except for the very formal state functions, and they are far and between nowadays as they are considered to be wasteful and not good for public money by the younger generations.

Sign of the times I guess, and I doubt we would see the likes of Queen Alexandra and Mary again in their fineries.

Thats a sad like btw

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

Agree with you, some pieces are just too much for most of the engagements, but I think there' s something between this
2_Buckingham-Palace-diplomatic-reception.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
If only we all had access to that royal jewel vault! Maybe Wills should have married a PS’er!
I wonder how convenient and or easy it is for Kate to select baubles to wear. I bet it is a big deal to access, request, obtain and wear even simple pieces. It might be too much of a PIA rather than wear something of your own, a gift from Wills or a relative. I wear pieces of fashion/costume jewelry that go better with an outfit or an occasion than bringing out the bling. Also, I don’t feel the pressure to keep the costume or fashion jewelry I am wearing safe from damage or loss. I would not like to face Queen Elizabeth to explain how I broke, damaged or lost some priceless royal heirloom. That being said, I wouldlike to see more bling worn from the Royal vault..you betcha.

Somehow I agree with you, there should be a rigid protocol to get borrowed jewels by the Queen.
The Duchess of Cambridge comes from a wealthy family and she married a wealthy man, I' m sure she has her own jewellery staples (pearl studs, diamond studs, gold hoops,...).
She is 40, she's involved in royal engagements and patronages, she'll probably be queen consort one day, so I don' t think cheap fake jewels are suiting someone in her position...just think about both Queen Elizabeth II and the Duchess of Cornwall, whose jewels are perfect accoding to different occasions.
Again, this is just my opinion,I'm not judging her as a person, I'm just talking about her jewellry choices.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
It will maybe take years of legal battles, but I think the Savoias will have their jewels back: any other property (castles, palaces, lands) were confiscated because they belonged to the reign/state, but, according to then laws, jewels were Savoias ' private belongings which, for safety reasons, were put in a caveau of the Bank of Italy.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
which can be these
kate-sap-close.jpg

I couldn't agree more. I mean, not all have to be gem-set, but surely there's a nice pair (or a few) of real gold earrings that can fit her budget. You don't have to wear the cheap stuff to be trendy.
Costume jewelry = pretending to be real. If you're a real royal/lady of means, please wear the real deal.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My heart sank when I saw these
kate-middleton-earrings-t.jpg

I would be ok with the costume pieces and the kikkis if we just saw more of the good stuff, more often and more of it
im not into minimalism and i dont see whats wrong with esrings and a necklace ! And for that matter a braclete !
And bring back the brooch!
For the sake of HM's collection start wearing brooches Kate ! And i mean every day !

In the past many famous ladies mixed and matched faux and fine - probably not our present Queen, nor her mum or Queen Mary, but i think as a younger woman Diana did it quite well as did Jackie Kennedy and Cocoa Chinnel (excuse spelling)
There is an art to it and it needs practice and refinement

Queen Alexandra is my favourite when it comes to royal jewles because i love the Edwardian era but i also love the excess - and she mixed and matched fake pearls with the (very) best stuff
of course in 2022 no one is going to be impressed with the 'pile it all on' look of Queen Alexandra, but i wish the younger ones could understand how fun the '80's were and also how stylish that Dynasty look was at the time

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Somehow I agree with you, there should be a rigid protocol to get borrowed jewels by the Queen.
The Duchess of Cambridge comes from a wealthy family and she married a wealthy man, I' m sure she has her own jewellery staples (pearl studs, diamond studs, gold hoops,...).
She is 40, she's involved in royal engagements and patronages, she'll probably be queen consort one day, so I don' t think cheap fake jewels are suiting someone in her position...just think about both Queen Elizabeth II and the Duchess of Cornwall, whose jewels are perfect accoding to different occasions.
Again, this is just my opinion,I'm not judging her as a person, I'm just talking about her jewellry choices.

I'm curious as to why they don't seem give as many impressive jewelry gifts to the younger members anymore(or, why they're not worn publicly). Q Eliza. received some impressive pieces from her parents and grandparents, either inherited or made for particular occasions.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
It will maybe take years of legal battles, but I think the Savoias will have their jewels back: any other property (castles, palaces, lands) were confiscated because they belonged to the reign/state, but, according to then laws, jewels were Savoias ' private belongings which, for safety reasons, were put in a caveau of the Bank of Italy.

Replying to myself...this morning I read that a royal expert told that the last king of Italy consigned only the jewels that belonged to the Italian reign/state.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it takes just 2/3 of a parure?

The neckline of the dress would not go well with a elaborate necklace; it looks better, much better, without it IMHO.

I personally am not a fan of matchy matchy way to wear blings, and really like the way she mixes and matches using pieces from the parure, and to add new elements to it, to suit an outfit and occasion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results