carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You've got a good eye, don't you?
256335-1330622610.jpg

well ive seen Princess Bea of York compaired to Queen Victoria with the poppy eyes and the nose looked familar
i had a quick look back to see if Princess Marina had a Victoria connection but she is from King Christian XI of Denmark's line not like Prince Philip who had his mother's side back to Victoria

i often think it would be cool if we could see our own relatives from generations ago to see who inherited what feature but my ancestors arrived on a sterage ticket on a very slow sailing ship so probably not a lot of money to spare on new fangled photography back when Victoria and Albert were having their family

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
as an aside when i look in the mirror i see my grandma:lol-2:
but how my grandma looked at 70 odd :(2
and im nowhere near 70:(2

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
^^
In an interesting turn of events The Duchess played the piano for artist Tom Walker, which gave us an opportunity to see the earrings in action

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok possisbly a bit off topic but the Queen's cousin Prince Edward The Duke of Kent is writing a book
he has been present at every major royal event of this reign so should be packed with great pictures - possibly one's he took himself
over the years the Kent branch if the family have sold off a lot of their inhrtited royal jewels :(2
i think it started off bad when the present Duke's mother Princess Marina became a war widow but had to still pay death duties durring WW2

anyway just putting this out there (not for any controversy )
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...blish-memoir-just-Princes-bombshell-book.html

1640938821255.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
well ive seen Princess Bea of York compaired to Queen Victoria with the poppy eyes and the nose looked familar
i had a quick look back to see if Princess Marina had a Victoria connection but she is from King Christian XI of Denmark's line not like Prince Philip who had his mother's side back to Victoria

i often think it would be cool if we could see our own relatives from generations ago to see who inherited what feature but my ancestors arrived on a sterage ticket on a very slow sailing ship so probably not a lot of money to spare on new fangled photography back when Victoria and Albert were having their family

The oldest family photos I've seen go back 4 generations, but even they were not taken more than 100 years from now.
I don't see much resemblance in them, but I've definitely taken a lot from my mother and her mother.

Re. the royals - it's said that Queen Mary looked like Queen Charlotte, her great-grandmother. Lady Louise is the spitting image of HM The Queen and you've mentioned Bea's resemblance to "the old Queen".
Nicholas II and George V could be twins, not first cousins and Prince Michael of Kent would win the doppelganger contest.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
ok possisbly a bit off topic but the Queen's cousin Prince Edward The Duke of Kent is writing a book
he has been present at every major royal event of this reign so should be packed with great pictures - possibly one's he took himself
over the years the Kent branch if the family have sold off a lot of their inhrtited royal jewels :(2
i think it started off bad when the present Duke's mother Princess Marina became a war widow but had to still pay death duties durring WW2

anyway just putting this out there (not for any controversy )
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...blish-memoir-just-Princes-bombshell-book.html

1640938821255.png

I'm planning to read the book. It will be interesting to see what he mentions about the jewels (the coronation must've been spectacular for a 16 year old), his imperious grandmothers and the relationship between Marina and Elizabeth.
Even without such information the memoirs will be worth reading with the Duke's recollections of life in the past 85+ years and his support for Lilibeth over nearly 7 decades.

ETA: Yes, he took some of the pics himself. Apparently it's a hobby.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The oldest family photos I've seen go back 4 generations, but even they were not taken more than 100 years from now.
I don't see much resemblance in them, but I've definitely taken a lot from my mother and her mother.

Re. the royals - it's said that Queen Mary looked like Queen Charlotte, her great-grandmother. Lady Louise is the spitting image of HM The Queen and you've mentioned Bea's resemblance to "the old Queen".
Nicholas II and George V could be twins, not first cousins and Prince Michael of Kent would win the doppelganger contest.

im off to compair Queen Charlotte with Mary
Queen Charlotte has always fasinated me as she was Queen (and George iii was king of course) when Captian Cook sailed his Endevor around NZ

off on a slight tangent but Prince Micheal is a very nice looking gent ;)2
if only he would sport a man bangle or a nice chain we could look at him here more often ;)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
well this is excitting and hopefully something to look forward to in 2022
SO LISTEN UP ! you better behave 2022 ! :x2

a slighlty better article (please note i am not wanting to stir up controversry regarding queen consort vs princess consort )

now its only a painting but always nice to have some male royals on this thread
The order goes back to Edward III (above) and the days of knights in shining armour. There are three tiers of membership, starting with the Knights Companion and Ladies Companion: 24 eminent public figures hand-picked by the Sovereign. Then there are 'Extra' Knights and Ladies, an honorary membership for foreign monarchs
1641011828436.png

1641011876427.png

Last edited:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
well this is excitting and hopefully something to look forward to in 2022
SO LISTEN UP ! you better behave 2022 ! :x2

a slighlty better article (please note i am not wanting to stir up controversry regarding queen consort vs princess consort )

now its only a painting but always nice to have some male royals on this thread
The order goes back to Edward III (above) and the days of knights in shining armour. There are three tiers of membership, starting with the Knights Companion and Ladies Companion: 24 eminent public figures hand-picked by the Sovereign. Then there are 'Extra' Knights and Ladies, an honorary membership for foreign monarchs
1641011828436.png

1641011876427.png

Happy as I am, I'm also a bit sad that Camilla's sartorial choices for Garter Day will be predictable from now on. It was usually one of the highlights of her sartorial and jewellery moments of the year.
camilla1.jpg

PS: Well-deserved, ma'am!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
1641094493498.png the last couple of days i cant stop thinking about these
ok truth be known Ella Kay over at the court jewler posted them in her new year wrap up
but i wish somehow they could have landed in Cam's jewel box because HRH can do stylish with fun
i know its not a style everyone likes, kinda like the Swedish royal family and their cameos, but just like the cameos this has grown on me
in fact every time i see tuti fruiti i like them more and more
1641094004152.png 1641094185246.png
Edwina brought the bandau herself, worn on her wrist here, to celebretae the birth of Patrica which makes me kinda sad that it was sold off by the family

edit that goose-poo green nail polish on the model is horrendouse

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy as I am, I'm also a bit sad that Camilla's sartorial choices for Garter Day will be predictable from now on. It was usually one of the highlights of her sartorial and jewellery moments of the year.
camilla1.jpg

PS: Well-deserved, ma'am!

swoon
i love that pink topaz choker
i hope when her husband becomes king she still wears it (just occasionally)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
swoon
i love that pink topaz choker
i hope when her husband becomes king she still wears it (just occasionally)

In the past Queen Elizabeth sometimes wore Queen Alexandra's necklace and often the Greville earrings. Nowadays, the Queen usually wears earrings and bracelet for the ceremony, but has a match necklace for the lunch.
Princesses Anne and Alexandra usually add a choker to their Garter robes.
So, there's hope that Camilla might wear some goodies at future Garter ceremonies :)
gettyimages-183629631-2048x2048~2.jpg gettyimages-829862914-2048x2048~2.jpg

*note the bow brooch worn on the sash

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A new book has been published to celebrate Crown Princess Mary's upcoming 50th anniversary. The party has been cancelled (sigh), but the cover gives us some sparkle from the ruby tiara and a new (?) pair of earrings.
20220102_014243.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A new book has been published to celebrate Crown Princess Mary's upcoming 50th anniversary. The party has been cancelled (sigh), but the cover gives us some sparkle from the ruby tiara and a new (?) pair of earrings.
20220102_014243.jpg

is ti by nay chance n English
my Danish is a bit rusty :(2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the past Queen Elizabeth sometimes wore Queen Alexandra's necklace and often the Greville earrings. Nowadays, the Queen usually wears earrings and bracelet for the ceremony, but has a match necklace for the lunch.
Princesses Anne and Alexandra usually add a choker to their Garter robes.
So, there's hope that Camilla might wear some goodies at future Garter ceremonies :)
gettyimages-183629631-2048x2048~2.jpg gettyimages-829862914-2048x2048~2.jpg

*note the bow brooch worn on the sash

excellent examples !
and always nice to see The Queen mum

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results