carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Asu

Shiny_Rock
JewelFreak|1309955806|2962659 said:
Non potrebbero fare peggiore.
Oh yeah,it would be really difficult,even more so since the politicians are still trying their best to lower the bar :roll:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I like Caroline's sapphire necklace as a tiara.

So speaking of tiaras, there are a few jewels, like this tiara and fringe necklace/tiara that Caroline is wearing in the Monagasque royal family. I remember reading somewhere that Prince Rainier's mother didn't like Princess Grace and didn't let her wear her jewels. Do you think Princess Charlene will wear them at all? Given her jewelry tastes so far, I'm inclined to say no since she seems to prefer modern jewels. What do you think? Or does anyone have more information on how these jewels were left in the will?

monacotiarascaroline2.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Maria, I think we discussed somewhere (or maybe I read it) that P. Charlotte left her stuff to Caroline because she didn't like Grace. I guess if Charlene wants to wear any of it, she'll have to borrow it. As you say, Charlene so far doesn't go for the more bling-y jewels so probably won't. You never know how her tastes will change as she gets more experienced -- or if she thinks up new ways to adapt & wear old things, as she did w/her hair at the religious wedding. I look forward to seeing!

--- Laurie

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Asu said:
They are still princes/princesses.They just don't have a country to reign over anymore (and it's a shame,if you ask me.).Emanuele Filiberto and Clotilde are a great couple,great people.I don't like Vittorio Emanuele,but the Duke of Aosta is an amazing man,and I would so love to see him be the king.He would definetely be so much better that all those idiots that call themselves politicians that we have now :lol:
JewelFreak said:
Non potrebbero fare peggio.

I agree with you about Italian politicians, but I disagree about the Savoia: they are no longer princes/princesses, because, as you said : "They just don't have a country to reign over anymore".
It seems that you know personally some of the Savoia family members: I don't doubt some of them are great people, but their royal titles are worthless.

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Another gift from prince Albert to HSH Princess Charlene called Eccume Des Diamants

eccumedesdiamdants.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, men who post on the Royal Jewels forum! I wanted to alert you to the thread below:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-men-of-pricescope.162877/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-men-of-pricescope.162877/[/URL]

Some of you who post here rarely, if ever, post in Hangout. You are still a major part of Pricescope, however!

I am taking the liberty of adding Bobby and alexander1917, who I am assuming is also male from his name, to the list of:

"Men on Pricescope"

I know that some of the other men who post here are already on the list. If you are not on the list, please add your name!

It is possible that you are using a name that has not caused me to identify you as male or that my terrible memory is once again at

work and I am forgetting some major contributor!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
A little bit of fire from Kate's ring

ring.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
alexander1917|1309928799|2962529 said:
looks like this tiara for GD Marie Teresa

Thanks Alexander! Now that I look at the Belga photo again it does look like the sapphire tiara.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
purplesilk|1309946047|2962592 said:
Beautiful jewels...but I'm here to point out that none of the Savoia is anylonger a prince/princess in Italy: Italy is a repubblic since 1946!!!

And nobody said they are, purplesilk. I'm well aware of the current form of government in Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Germany, Iran, etc. I style these people as Kings/Queens and Princess/Princesses only by courtesy, beacuse of the position their family once had in their respective countries.
Yet, however, the Houses of Savoya, of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha, of Hohenzolern, of Karađorđević, Pahlavi, etc still exist and these people are part of them.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1309956262|2962665 said:
I like Caroline's sapphire necklace as a tiara.

So speaking of tiaras, there are a few jewels, like this tiara and fringe necklace/tiara that Caroline is wearing in the Monagasque royal family. I remember reading somewhere that Prince Rainier's mother didn't like Princess Grace and didn't let her wear her jewels. Do you think Princess Charlene will wear them at all? Given her jewelry tastes so far, I'm inclined to say no since she seems to prefer modern jewels. What do you think? Or does anyone have more information on how these jewels were left in the will?

Hi Maria!
As Laurie said, we've discussed this matter here before.
It seems that this is the only reasonable explanation why Princess Grace never wore the two tiaras. If I remember correctly, however, the credit to all items (including the jewels) in the touring exhibition on Grace and the Grmaldi family is given to HSH The Prince of Monaco - Caroline's brother. What's the truth? We don't know and don't think it's really our business to know.

By the way, the jewelled hair ornament that the new Princess of Monaco wore was on loan from Princess Caroline, who had inherited it from her grandmother Princess Charlotte. The Princess said this in an interview for Vogue.
Read the entire article here - http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/ar...d-princess-charlene-of-monacos-royal-wedding/

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1309795542|2961549 said:
I think her aquamarine tiara is far nicer and I wish she had worn it instead. She hardly wears the aquamarine tiara. It's almost like she feels obligated to wear her wedding tiara to all the weddings she goes to.

Maria, dear, I don't thnk the Countess feels obliged to wear her diamond tara to all weddings she attends. For me there is another reason - HRH wore the aquamarine tiara at the opera gala after Albert II's enthronement/inaguration and she wanted to wear something else in Monamo this time. Since Sophie has two tiaras, the wedding one was the obvious choice. This one (being only diamonds) also matches HRH's dress, while wearing the aquas would've been more demanding.
But I might be wrong and she really feels kind of obliged to wear it at every wedding.

Bobby

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav said:
Beautiful jewels...but I'm here to point out that none of the Savoia is anylonger a prince/princess in Italy: Italy is a repubblic since 1946!!!

And nobody said they are, purplesilk. I'm well aware of the current form of government in Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Germany, Iran, etc. I style these people as Kings/Queens and Princess/Princesses only by courtesy, beacuse of the position their family once had in their respective countries.
Yet, however, the Houses of Savoya, of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha, of Hohenzolern, of Karađorđević, Pahlavi, etc still exist and these people are part of them.

Bobby

I just wanted to underline that:
Marina di Savoia is not the princess of Naples
Clotilde di Savoia is not the princess of Venice
and all the titles of the Savoia family members are worthless.
Elizabeth II is a queen, Juan Carlos is a king and many others can call themselves with royal titles, but the Savoias cannot.
I'm sure you're well aware of the current form of government in Italy and in all the other countries, so I give you my apologies if you felt misunderstood.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
fogdancer|1309968078|2962819 said:
Another gift from prince Albert to HSH Princess Charlene called Eccume Des Diamants

A wonderful photo of a very nice and modern looking jewel. Thanks for posting it, fogdancer!

I don't think these two videos have been posed here:
The first one shows the making of the VC&A diamond and sapphire tiara/necklace - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhWF9l8Cl6w

While the other one is dedicated to the diamond hair-piece (I can't call it a tiara). It also shows an alternative way of wearing the jewel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6ATbtPF4Ys

The more I look at these jewels, the more I like them!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
purplesilk|1310058199|2963870 said:
I just wanted to underline that:
Marina di Savoia is not the princess of Naples
Clotilde di Savoia is not the princess of Venice
and all the titles of the Savoia family members are worthless.
Elizabeth II is a queen, Juan Carlos is a king and many others can call themselves with royal titles, but the Savoias cannot.
I'm sure you're well aware of the current form of government in Italy and in all the other countries, so I give you my apologies if you felt misunderstood.

Ok, they aren't Princesses of Naples and of Venice, but why deny them the title Princess of Savoia (after all, thay've never been of Princes/ess of Italy)?
According to your post HRH Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark is Queen of Greece, HM The Queen of Spain is a Princess of Greece & Denmark, Madame Farah Pahlavi is Empress of Iran, G-zha Maria Vladimirovna Romaniva is the Grand Duchess of Russia, Margarita de Sajonia-Coburgo-Gotha/Sakskoburggotska is Queen of Bulgaria, but Signora Marina di Savoya is NOT a Principessa di Savoia ?

Just out of curiosity, are you perhaps an Italian repubican?

Bobby

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
[/quote]

Ok, they aren't Princesses of Naples and of Venice, but why deny them the title Princess of Savoia (after all, thay've never been of Princes/ess of Italy)?
According to your post HRH Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark is Queen of Greece, HM The Queen of Spain is a Princess of Greece & Denmark, Madame Farah Pahlavi is Empress of Iran, G-zha Maria Vladimirovna Romaniva is the Grand Duchess of Russia, Margarita de Sajonia-Coburgo-Gotha/Sakskoburggotska is Queen of Bulgaria, but Signora Marina di Savoya is NOT a Principessa di Savoia ?

Just out of curiosity, are you perhaps an Italian repubican?

Bobby[/quote]

Guess!!!
None of my parents was even born in 1946, so I wasn't, but if I had the chance to give my vote in the referendum of June 2nd 1946, I'd have chosen republic.
You may ask yourself why I'm in the royal jewels forum...it's meant to be about jewellery, not about politics.

As I said in a previous reply, I don't doubt some of the Savoias are great people, but they're no longer princes/princesses in Italy because Italy is no longer their reign.
Best,
Purplesilk

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to differ Bobby... it is a tiara even so Loren Bäumers says so we only think in those boring and most of all heavy designs of tiaras , and yes I saw the video, so Charlene participated in the whole process in the making.

Salut

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
purplesilk|1310062553|2963948 said:
Guess!!!
None of my parents was even born in 1946, so I wasn't, but if I had the chance to give my vote in the referendum of June 2nd 1946, I'd have chosen republic.
You may ask yourself why I'm in the royal jewels forum...it's meant to be about jewellery, not about politics.

As I said in a previous reply, I don't doubt some of the Savoias are great people, but they're no longer princes/princesses in Italy because Italy is no longer their reign.
Best,
Purplesilk

Well, I do get your point and I most certainly respect it, but you keep on repeating that they are not Princes/ess in Italy. That's something that no one here doubts. I know that there's no legal basis to style them as such, especially in Italy. There is, however, one But - they attended the wedding on the invitation of the Princely Court in Monaco, so the way they're styled is a matter of the said Court. The way I style the Savoyas (and other non-reigning families) here is because of the high regard I have for the institution they (try to) represent.
How you might feel about that is another question.

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1310055396|2963818 said:

Bobby

here in Germany the "title" is part of the name. f.e. Georg Friedrich Prinz von Preußen
in (foreign) official royal papers (like invitations etc) they rank under former ruling houses, and used as prince by birth.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
fogdancer|1310068818|2964060 said:
Sorry to differ Bobby... it is a tiara even so Loren Bäumers says so we only think in those boring and most of all heavy designs of tiaras , and yes I saw the video, so Charlene participated in the whole process in the making.

Salut

Well, it's not a conventional tiara. That's for sure. But ok - I'll call it a tiara, rather than a head ornament, since that's how the designed calls it.

Best,
Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A photo from the video showing a different way this piece can be worn. It has more sparkle this way but I wonder what it looks like from the front or the other side of her head -- a microphone plugged into her ear? No, it's too attractive for that!

Also, it can be split into large or small brooches or hairpieces. Along with it comes -- ready? -- a teeny screwdriver monogrammed with a C to help with the job!

PrincessCharleneDiamondFoamTiaraTryingOn.jpg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
@prince.of.preslav: someone smarter than me was able to widely explain what I mean:
http://www.regalis.com/reg/savoyheadship.htm

Since our debate might be considered boring to most of the other PS members, I think we should quit it...I hope you agree with me.
But, please, keep posting pictures and information about royal jewels: you're a great resource for this forum.
Best,
Purplesilk

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
purplesilk|1310118924|2964500 said:
@prince.of.preslav: someone smarter than me was able to widely explain what I mean:
http://www.regalis.com/reg/savoyheadship.htm

Since our debate might be considered boring to most of the other PS members, I think we should quit it...I hope you agree with me.
But, please, keep posting pictures and information about royal jewels: you're a great resource for this forum.
Best,
Purplesilk
as I said before the background goes together with the jewels.. because I love to them worn and not only on display in a dusty museum glas case.

new picture of HM released. in the so called "TV position", the Cambridge pearld drop or "grandmother brooch" worn.

zoom_Struth_Queen1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
purplesilk|1310118924|2964500 said:

I did not find your debate at all boring, in fact I found it interesting. I think it is a valid topic for discussion, just not one that belongs in the Royal Jewels thread. I would respectfully suggest that another topic be opened in Jewelry Pieces as an adjunct to this thread or, alternatively, in Around The World. In such a thread people could discuss the nature of royalty.

Deb/AGBF

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Best,
Purplesilk

purplesilk, Doesn't Italy have a similar arrangement as Germany does as regarding titles from the defunct monarchy? In Germany, the titles have been incorporated into the names so for example, Ernst of Hannover's name on his passport is Prince Ernst August of Hannover. It's not a title per se but it is his legal name.

It may not be the case but I thought Italy had a similar arrangement.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1310076013|2964140 said:
A photo from the video showing a different way this piece can be worn. It has more sparkle this way but I wonder what it looks like from the front or the other side of her head -- a microphone plugged into her ear? No, it's too attractive for that!

Also, it can be split into large or small brooches or hairpieces. Along with it comes -- ready? -- a teeny screwdriver monogrammed with a C to help with the job!

SInce I started reading this thread, and learned that not only do some royals have gobs of jewelry, but much of it is "transformer" jewelry that can be worn in many different configurations, i have been wondering about the logistics of it all.

Surely (in my imagination, at least) a proper royal abode includes a room in which all that jewelry is displayed so the royal resident can easily select the proper piece(s) for each day's attire!

Surely a queen or princess would not actually wield said teeny engraved screwdriver, but would entrust that responsibility to someone whose sole of primary responsibility is to maintain the collection and make the requested configurations happen?

On the other hand, turning a tiara into a necklace, or vice versa, sounds to me like an absolutely delightful chore to have on one's to do list!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AmeliaG|1310143870|2964754 said:
Best,
Purplesilk

purplesilk, Doesn't Italy have a similar arrangement as Germany does as regarding titles from the defunct monarchy? In Germany, the titles have been incorporated into the names so for example, Ernst of Hannover's name on his passport is Prince Ernst August of Hannover. It's not a title per se but it is his legal name.

AmeliaG-

I just wanted to let you know that I have started a new thread for the discussion of the nature of royalty. I would be delighted if you took this discussion there!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-nature-of-royalty.162993/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-nature-of-royalty.162993/[/URL]

Deb/AGBF

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
On the other hand, turning a tiara into a necklace, or vice versa, sounds to me like an absolutely delightful chore to have on ones to do list!
:appl: :appl:
I wonder too about the logistics of the larger collections, such as QE's or the Dutch RF's. HM has a vault, but where? Buck Palace, in her dressing room? Keeping it all at a bank is awkward -- you can hardly send a footman with a huge suitcase every time you need to choose a piece to wear.

People with a smaller number of jewels probably have a safe somewhere in the house? Or could keep those at a bank, at least the most valuable things.

I imagine the jeweler converts them into & out of their various components, wouldn't you? Actually, I have no idea how hard it is -- may depend on the specific piece. I'm trying to imagine Princess Caroline biting her tongue as she carefully takes the frame off of a tiara to make a necklace. =)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1310076013|2964140 said:

When I saw the video it also seemed to me that the tail end of the tiara looked bulky and somewhat ungainly. But I'm guessing the princess would never actually wear it with that end exposed as it was in the video - where she was in effect trying it on for size. I think the idea is that the sprays of diamonds sort of organically sprout from her head!

OK, I know that sounds snarky. I really like the new tiara, and I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of the princess wearing it or parts of it. Unfortunately for us, I assume she won't want to overdo it, and will be unveiling it in its different configurations slowly over time.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1310147916|2964822 said:
I imagine the jeweler converts them into & out of their various components, wouldn't you? Actually, I have no idea how hard it is -- may depend on the specific piece. I'm trying to imagine Princess Caroline biting her tongue as she carefully takes the frame off of a tiara to make a necklace. =)

LOL!

Do you suppose we could snag a jewelry play date with one of the princesses? Do you suppose they get together for jewelry play dates? Much too gauche for a royal, probably... but we can dream!

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
AmeliaG|1310143870|2964754 said:
Best,
Purplesilk

you're not totally right. the correct form is Ernst August Prince of Hanover. as I said before with the Preussen prince. The titles goes with the surname.

here the new duchess in red and the maple leaf again.

118503425.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results