shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
During the ring exchange, Charlene seemed to finally cheer up and relax. She had a little bit of trouble getting the ring on Albert's finger and they both found it most amusing. After the ring exchange there was some music that was pretty upbeat, maybe something from South Africa? She seemed to really light up during that. Maybe her scared look is more that everything is in French and she doesn't quite understand?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone is taking communion right now. If I was Charlene, I'd be praying the wine didn't get spilled on my dress! But interesting, Albert just leaned over and whispered something to Charlene, and he covered his mouth with his hand...smart move since we know lip readers are out there!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Super sweet touch at the end...as they passed out of the inner courtyard to the outer courtyard (I'd say most of the guests were in the outer courtyard) everyone was throwing rose petals at them. Albert had some stuck on his hat and she had some slipping down the front of her dress :oops: Now one thing I am totally surprised with is that they are driving to the church so she lay her bouquet down, and the route they are taking does not have near as many people lining the streets as I expected. There are some parts that don't have anybody! Heck, I could have had a front row seat!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
She did wear a hair ornament, Maria. Not easily seen under the veil but what an interesting thing it is. Beautiful, I think. Also lovely lovely dress. The gown was embellished with 40,000 Swarovski crystals, 2,000 mother of pearl drops, platinum coated thread and 30,000 'golden stones' according to a release from the palace. The hair ornament is diamonds & probably platinum.

--- Laurie

0-charlene3.jpg

f9dfb62a92b5a2169ed21a69d2e6bca3.jpg

0-charlene.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
This is blurry because it's a screen capture from a video & I also enlarged it. Pic of the necklace Charlene wore for the Jarre concert last night -- only one big enough to get a good look at it. Seems to be diamonds w/a row of big round pearls at the ends. Wedding present from Albert?

--- Laurie

Image1.jpg

CharleneNecklace--GerardJulien-AFP-GettyImages-Newscom.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Charlene's hair thingy from the other side & above. It seems to anchor around her head under her hair. I love the way the veil is attached. Wedding present or rearrangement of an old Grimaldi tiara?

14991682409_7Nb7R.jpg

14992739754_xXRLG.jpg

14992585461_qRJV9.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Saturday, Prince Albert II, and now Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene each said "Oui" (Yes) at the service led by the Archbishop of Monaco, Bernard Barsi.

The archbishop held the couple's hands together, before declaring: "What God has joined, men must not divide."

Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene then exchanged rings in white gold and platinum.

After the ceremony, the couple walked to a chapel dedicated to Monaco's patron saint, St Devote, where Princess Charlene placed her bouquet - as the local tradition required.

The princess then burst into tears as a young choir sang.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

apreslemariage.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Awww, that's sweet. She looked so happy with her old puffball Albert, I'm delighted for her. Hope her faith in him is justified over the years. Looks like it was a smashing wedding.

--- Laurie

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few pictures of some of our favorites arriving for the evening reception. I find it very interesting many royal ladies wore tiaras, but the bride didn't. I wonder if Princess Charlene's hair "thingy" (eloquently put by Laurie ::) ) can be also worn as a traditional tiara?

Charlene--z.jpg

madeleine--a.jpg

mary--a.jpg

mary-daniel--a.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
More sparkles from the evening reception...

mette-marit--a.jpg

silvia--a.jpg

victoria--a.jpg

NSEB1958

Rough_Rock
Must come out of lurkerdom to say. Thank You all for the wonderful posts of both Prince William and Duchess Cathrine in Canada. love the Maple Leaf broach. And thank you for posting the pictures of the Monaco wedding for all of us. I found a site -www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/02/royal-wedding-prince-albert-charlene-wittstock_n_889217.html. Lodes of pictures. Must say I did like the Hair Ornament instead of a tiara!
I must also give my thanks to all of the regular posters. You keep things interesting and explain so much to us that don't know!

Now back to my regularly scheduled Lurking!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
NSE, come out & play with us! Good to hear from you & thanks for the link.

Don't all the royal women look lovely. Mary in her pink & pinker dress is just stunning. Princess Victoria & Queen Sylvia very nice too, especially Sylvia in that electric blue, great on her. I think Mette-Marit was a little matronly, but the spirit was there. Charlene's dress is fabulous -- I want it!

More info on her hair ornament (I almost wrote hair piece, not the impression we want to give). A blog I read said it is 19th century hair ornament borrowed from Caroline, who wears the pieces as brooches. To me this is not a disappointment because it isn't a tiara -- it's just stunningly different & stylish & elegant. Best pics so far:

PrincessCharleneWeddingGownHairOrnament.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Re: Royal Jewels Charlene Wittstock

Van Cleef & Arpels has the rare privilege of having been chosen by the bride to create a set of jewellery: Océan by Van Cleef & Arpels exalts the grace and elegance of Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene. This pledge of love, offered by the Prince to his Princess, who chose its name, transforms into a tiara. Since 1956, Van Cleef & Arpels has held the honour of being “Official Supplier to the Principality”. Such a privilege demands the highest standards: that of being at the pinnacle of the art of jewellery creation.

OCEANNECKLACE.jpg

OCEANTIARE1.jpg

princessfeedme

Shiny_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am thoroughly enjoying all these new pictures--thanks for posting them ya'll! Stunning beauties in stunning dresses/jewels!

cheers--Sharon

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
So many beautiful dresses jewels and people.
Question--if the royal person is one religion and the other is something else do they really have to change? I know it's the rule, but do they really have to?( when getting married)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
QueenShelly|1309719252|2961196 said:
So many beautiful dresses jewels and people.
Question--if the royal person is one religion and the other is something else do they really have to change? I know it's the rule, but do they really have to?( when getting married)

It depends on the laws of the country in which the royal person resides. Some countries (like Great Britain) bar someone from the line of succession if he is married to someone who belongs to another, specific, religion (in the case of Great Britain if he or she is married to a Catholic). Not all countries require people marrying into the royal family to convert to the religion of the royal family, however. Even in Great Britain a spouse is not required to renounce Catholicism and convert to the Episcopal religion (The Church of England). Some royal family members, like Princess Michael of Kent, have opted not to have renounced Roman Catholicism although it resulted in the removal of their spouses (in this case of Prince Michael) from the line of succession.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
I think it’s a matter of the country and position. Just think of the Russian Empresses, when the Tsarevich must be born by an orthodox mother and raised in that faith.

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
Here the Russian Grand Duchess Marie with a new(?) tiara

117977819.jpg

jean95404

Rough_Rock
Could someone, anyone, PUH-LEEZ suggest to the Countess of Wessex that she get a hairstyle for those times she wears "that" tiara that will cover that ugly base. Ewwwww.

And, while I am on my sartorial soapbox, could that person drop a hint to Prince Carl of Sweden that his dark blue uniform pants can be hemmed to a length that breaks at the shoe rather than puddling around his feet and dragging the floor. (Also, the fit of the uniform jacket is baggy.) His outfit appears as though the drycleaner returned the wrong uniform and they didn't realize until it was time to get dressed.

OK, I'm through with my snarkiness.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jean95404|1309733510|2961272 said:
Could someone, anyone, PUH-LEEZ suggest to the Countess of Wessex that she get a hairstyle for those times she wears "that" tiara that will cover that ugly base. Ewwwww.

Shhhh! She told me that it is her way of trying to get the Queen to give her another one! It's a strategy! (Or do I mean a tactic?) At any rate, mum's the word!

Deb
:saint:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1309651754|2960858 said:
NSE, come out & play with us! Good to hear from you & thanks for the link.

Don't all the royal women look lovely. Mary in her pink & pinker dress is just stunning. Princess Victoria & Queen Sylvia very nice too, especially Sylvia in that electric blue, great on her. I think Mette-Marit was a little matronly, but the spirit was there. Charlene's dress is fabulous -- I want it!

More info on her hair ornament (I almost wrote hair piece, not the impression we want to give). A blog I read said it is 19th century hair ornament borrowed from Caroline, who wears the pieces as brooches. To me this is not a disappointment because it isn't a tiara -- it's just stunningly different & stylish & elegant. Best pics so far:

I think this is what all brides hope to aspire too, and she did not come out and copy someone else, like her famous mother-in-law (who a lot of people to this day copy in their bridal wear). This dress, the look, is uniquely hers I think. I also love the veil and the hair. Very elegant.

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
AGBF|1309739780|2961317 said:
jean95404|1309733510|2961272 said:

Shhhh! She told me that it is her way of trying to get the Queen to give her another one! It's a strategy! (Or do I mean a tactic?) At any rate, mum's the word!

Deb
:saint:

Could this brooch be the middle part of the other Wessex tiara be?

117972010.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Another beautiful princess who needs a hairstyle to hide the tiara base. I doubt anybody is more gorgeous than Madeleine, but ahem, attention to details, girl!

Monaco+Royal+Wedding+Dinner+Arrivals+Fireworks+QHpKoRKjrL2l.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Others I thought looked very nice. Spectacular earrings on Charlotte Caseraghi; don't you think it's time she lost the pouty "Yawn, I'm so too special to be here" expression?

15010512796_xdVw5.jpg

Maxima.jpg

Charlottte C..jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Here is the dope on Charlene's new necklace; interesting. I am not usually a big fan of modernistic jewelry but I like this -- maybe because she carries it off so well.

Image2.jpg

royalRomnce.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results